Chapter 18.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 18

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

Silence. After Seulgi spoke those two words there was silence. No one spoke, no one moved. Shock rested on the Kings' faces while the girls just kind of nodded in realization. Sooyoung's face was painted with a huge smirk as she stared at the girls that had just confronted their parents. Taemin was trying to find something to say but he had no words to describe what he was feeling right then. Of course he had seen some signs as Joohyun grew up. He noticed that the only thing she had in common with girls was the body and the liking of the color pink. Joohyun really was amazing at everything she did, not that other girls weren't, but she was special. She could do the same things or be even better than boys that were twice her size. That always made her father proud. Taemin looked at Kibum to see his reaction. He didn't look much surprised at all. Kibum always had a feeling that his little girl was never very fond of boys. When she was in her teenage years that was a relief. He would see his nieces and nefews dating, even his own son. But not Seulgi. Seulgi never showed any form affection for any male except for her father. She kept herself busy with her own things, never having many friends.

Minho coughed awkwardly before speaking. "Let's leave them to talk about this alone." He started pushing Seungwan and Sooyoung out while Jinki hugged Yerim by the side.

"I knew it." They heard Sooyoung say out loud before exiting.

The door was closed and the four of them were left alone.

"So," Taemin started scratching the back of his head. "You're gay." He stated and slowly nodded his head as Joohyun did the same.

All of a sudden Kibum grabbed his daughter and hugged her tightly. "You're gay!" He exclaimed happily.

Seulgi was breathless from her father's grasp. "Yes, please let go." He let go of her once he saw how he was holding her.

He let out a small giggle. "I'm really happy for you two." He adverted his gaze to Joohyun. "I was already expecting for you to become my daughter in law so it won't be a big change if you and my daughter marry."

Taemin remained silent. Just like his daughter, he wasn't good with words. It's not like he was upset or anything, he was actually kind of relieved. Minki was a jerk, the kind of jerk he didn't want for his daughter. While Kibum kept chatting with his daughter about 'how cute they looked together', Taemin pulled his daughter to the side so he could talk more privately to her.

Joohyun's face hardened as she had to remember her father omitted the fact that her mother was missing. She crossed her arms on her chest and didn't wait for him to begin whatever he wanted to say. "If you're going to say something about us I have to tell you that I WILL marry this girl and-"

"I'm proud of you." Taemin stopped her sentence.

Joohyun stared at him wide eyed. "What?"

"You are always going to be my little girl. But you're all grown up now. You're the most smart, brave and sweet. I don't care who you love as long as you're happy and she takes good care of you, even though you don't really need protection." He smiled tearing up.

Her eyes started swelling also and she mirrored his smile. "Thank you."

Kibum went towards them. "I don't want to interrupt anything. But it just came to my mind that even though Joohyun won't marry Minki, our contract stays since, well, you'll be marrying my daughter." He laughed. "So the Time and Soul Kingdom alliance will be strengthened anyways."

Seulgi went closer to them also and grabbed Joohyun's hand once more, giving it a little squeeze. The Kings started chatting about something else and started to walk out of the room, leaving the girls alone.

"We're get married, huh?" Seulgi smirked at the older girl.

Joohyun blush was deep red. "Hum, well, I mean...Do you want to?"

"Really?" Seulgi's smirk only grew. "No ring?" 

The girl didn't understand the joke and immediately thought of an alternative. "I'll go buy one, right now, let me just-"

Before she could leave Seulgi, the girl grabbed her face and brought closer. Joohyun's heart beat quickened as Seulgi connected their lips. The younger girl's hands drifted from her unnie's face to her arms and then her waist bringing her even closer. Joohyun's hands quickly found the girl's neck and glued on it for a long time. When Seulgi finally let go of the girl, making their lips part, Joohyun let out a small whimper of disapproval.

With her faces still close Seulgi brought her her lips to the girl's ear. "Take that as a yes."

She then ran after her father and her soon to be father in law leaving a lovestruck Joohyun staring at her back smiling like a fool.

 

---------

 

"You do realize this is crazy, right?" Kibum said after the guards explained they plan to rescue Minyoung and Queen Naeun.

Minho sighed. "I'll have to agree with him. We don't even know for sure that they are being kept in the palace."

All men were gathered together in the main hall discussing the rescue plan. The girls were also there almost falling asleep standing since it was way too late The only people still up were them. Hojong had created a plan that he was actually very proud of.

"I think it might work." Seungwan joined in. "It makes sense that their next move would be to attack the Space Kingdom."

Hojong nodded. "Yes, all we have to know now is when and we must be ready when it does happen."

The tension in the air was dense and you could almost hear every single heart beat in the room. They all enjoyed the silence since there was nothing more they could do in the time being. They thought back on Hojong's plan. They needed a way to enter the palace without being attacked by the King's mercenaries. If they had already attacked the Mind and Time Kingdoms, it was only a matter of time before they would attack the Space Kingdom. The guards would go help the Space Kingdom people, creating a distraction, while the girls would invade the palace. The problem was that they didn't know when that could happen, and even if they did, they had no proof that the Queen and Minyoung were being kept in the palace. 

Before they could think of something else or completely change their minds about the plan, King Minho got a call.

"Hello?...Oh yes...How are you? How is everyone?" Then his eyes went wide, he stared at Hojong and slowly nodded at him, giving him the confirmation he needed. Hojong immediately ordered the guards to follow him as he went out the door.  "The library! Get to the library!" Minho yelled after them before returning to his call. "Yes son, help is on the way. Don't worry. Be safe." He ended quickly the phone call and looked at the others.

"." Taemin cursed and ran a hand through his hair. "It's time." He looked at the girls. "We don't have time to rethink this plan. We must take action now. You must go."

Jinki took out the keys of the car he had driven not too long ago and showed them to the girls. "Take this. You don't have much time."

They nodded. Seungwan grabbed the car keys and headed out the door. "I'm driving." 

 


--------

 

The Reality Kingdom

 

The girl's ride to the Reality Kingdom was the most stressful they ever had. Seulgi would sometimes try to lighten the mood but no one was enjoying besides Joohyun who would give her a small smile and squeeze her hand. Besides everthing that was going on, they still felt happy about that sudden confidence boost they had in the palace and their sudden engagement. They were happy even if what they were about to do was the craziest thing in the whole world. Yerim was nervous as hell. It was her first time in the Kingdom that was rightfully yours and even though she had been inside this world for a couple of weeks she couldn't help but still think that it was a dream. Everything seemed so unreal to her. Like she was inside a movie or book. And even if something she would really like to be only just a bad dream, she wouldn't trade the friendship she now had with the girls. She smiled softly at the thought. Sooyoung went on the passenger seat. All she could think about was her sister and how she was. Seungwan sensed her worry and brought one hand from the wheel to her tigh and gave it a small squeeze.

They arrived at the Reality Kingdom and went straight to the palace. The car stopped right at the main gate. The girls stayed there, waiting. Seungwan took the keys out of the ignition and sighed.

"Are we really doing this?" 

Joohyun was more scared than ever but she still managed to nod. "We have to. It's the only way." She grabbed both Yerim's and Seulgi's hands giving them an encouraging smile.

"Let's go." Sooyoung determined opened the door and was immediately followed by the others as she reached the gate. She stared confused at it. "Does this have some kind of bell or...?"

Seulgi leaned on the wall but suddenly stood straight once more as they heard a loud bell sound coming from the palace. "." She murmured.

"Guess you found it." Seungwan stated.

They heard the gate slowly open as a buttler came out to greet them. The Palace was enormous. It's present color was a dark shade of red with tiles all over its walls. It also had a huge garden right after the gate with fountains on both sides and a pathway that led straight to the palace door.

"Jesus." Yerim contemplated the palace as the man was getting closer.

"Don't forget the plan. Stick to the plan." Joohyun whispered to them when the buttler was only a few feet far from them.

When he got to them he immediately bowed. "Welcome to the Reality palace, I shall take you to the King."

"He knows we're here?" Seulgi asked him.

The man nodded. "The King knows everything." He stated almost threateningly.

The girls slowly followed after him and as soon as they entered the palace they entered the great hall. It was a long corridor with a throne right at the end, where they could already see someone sitting on it, smiling at them. The only girls that had ever seen the King were Seulgi and Joohyun at royalty gatherings. Seungwan and Sooyoung had also seen him but only in pictures. Yerim fought against opening as she stared at the man who had killed her parents. Her uncle. She gulped at the thought.

The buttler bowed once more and left the girls there as he shut the door. They slowly went up to him and they could already tell he was smirking. When they were close enough to hear him he opened his mouth.

"Girls, I've been expecting you."

 

 

AN: Hello guyyysssss!! Sorry for the delay, I've been staying at my grandparents' place and the internet reception is pretty ty. So, what did you think of this chapter? What do you think is going to happen on the next one? Not to spoil it for you but you won't want to miss it eheh.

Follow me @goblins2ndbride and @lenisqueen (twitter) and @lenisqueen (instagram).

Please comment & share!

See ya tuesday!!

Love ya babess (^o^)