Chapter 13.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 13

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

All three Kings waited patiently for King Taemin's arrival. They stood in front of the palace door from the moment they had found out about the attack until the sun was already setting. King Jinki would stare at his clock from time to time. The other two would casually make conversation such as "the weather's improving". All of them were pretty much tired from waiting but didn't want to go inside in fear of King Taemin coming while they were gone and seeming rude and unwelcoming. 

"For the Time King, he sure takes his time." King Jinki joked trying to break the ice. It resulted in a forced laugh from Kibum and a sigh from Minho.

"Don't worry. He said he was coming." King Minho insisted looking around for a car.

"Maybe we should just go inside." Kibum tried.

"Nonsense!" Minho exclaimed.

"Why are you Space people so uptight?" A new voice joined them. They turned aroung and saw Minki.

"Son." Kibum acknowledged his presence with a smile.

King Minho ignored his comment and looked again at the driveway where King Taemin should be arriving in no time.

"But seriously, don't you get tired of doing everything according to the rules?" Minki continued and his father elbowed him to stop him from talking.

"Listen boy, that man just lost his wife. Now, if you have a better solution please tell me but I will be here for him when he arrives. We're friends." Minho raised his voice and Minki just put his arms up in defense.

"Technically, she's just missing, for all we know he hasn't lost her...Yet." King Jinki joined the conversation. Minho just turned to look at him with a threatening look and Jinki looked away. "Here he is." He nodded in the direction of a car that entered the palace grounds and was heading towards them.

The palace's garden lights were already lighting up making it seemed as if it was because of King Taemin's presence. The car stopped horizontally in front of the Kings and Prince Minki. They all went up to the car as a butler came out from the front seat and ran quickly to open the King's door. Before he could do that Taemin was already opening his own door. 

"I told you to stop doing that. I have hands." He came out complaining.

"Of course, your majesty."

The Kings went to meet him. Minho bowed his head respectfully. He looked back at Taemin. "How are you friend? Are there any more news about your wife?"

Taemin didn't meet his eyes and shook his head. "My men are doing the best they can to find her."

King Kibum laid a hand on Taemin's shoulder. "They will." He looked at the other Kings. "We will also lend you some men that can help you."

"Why don't we go in and discuss things more privately?" Jinki proposed and they all agreed. 

Kibum and Taemin went in front of everyone while Jinki trailed behind them. Minho stopped before following them and stared at Minki with judgy eyes.

"I don't like you and I never will. I don't think you're fitted to become King of this Kingdom. You'll only destroy everything your father has accomplished." He yelled whispering. "Don't you dare ruin our mission. The world and everything we know is at stake. Don't meddle." He then followed the other Kings up to Kibum's office but not before hearing a 'jerk' coming from Minki. He smirked. "I know you are but what am I?" He murmured to himself and chuckled.

When he arrived at the room all three men were sitting on couches, Kibum and Taemin next to each other and Jinki across them. All of them had glasses of gin in their hands.

"Oh, Minho, serve yourself." Kibum offered.

Minho shook his hand. "We have more important business." And sat down next to Jinki.

"I got your letter about my daughter and the other girls." Taemin stated to Minho.

"Do you think we should tell them about what happened?" Jinki asked.

"No." Taemin quickly answered. "Not right now at least. They already have enough on their plates. I don't want to stress them more."

"Speaking of which, have you spoke to Hojong yet?" Kibum turned to Minho.

"Not recently but I know they already found Yerim." Minho sighed. "They have a month before the golden moon."

"They're our only hope now." Taemin hoped and burried his face on his palms. The others could see that he was openly crying but gave him space and didn't ask anything.

Kibum only rubbed his back and sighed. "We'll find her. We will survive this. They'll make it."

------------

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

The girls' routine was the exact same for the first week after they had found Yerim. They would go on their morning runs. Seulgi, Joohyun and Sooyoung would be the ones running ahead while Seungwan and Yerim would try to keep up with them, failing and ending up sitting down on the sidewalk trying to steady their breaths.

"I did not sign up for this." Seungwan complained and Yerim nodded her head in agreement.

"Do you think if we walk away they'll notice?"

Seungwam laughed. "I like your way of thinking." 

Both girls went back to the motel walking at a slow pace. When they got there the other girls hadn't arrived yet and they could enjoy some quiet time. They went to take a bath, one at a time. When they finished and were already dressed they heard Sooyoung yelling from a distance and they could tell the other girls were arriving.

"I can't believe we just ran this long."

"Me neither. We're becoming superheroes." They heard Seulgi's voice.

"Hey, what are you two doing here?" Joohyun asked when she entered their room and saw the other two girls chilling and reading a book. "I thought you were behind us."

"We stopped midway and came back." Seungwan responded not shifting her attention from the book.

"Yeah, all that physical training is a bit too much." Yerim affirmed.

"Well, you better be ready because today we're actually going to use the whole day to relax." Joohyun told them.

Sooyoung joined the conversation. "Wait seriously?" 

"Sure, I mean, we've been practicing non stop and Yerimie is getting better and better at her powers." Yerim blushed. "So I thought we all deserved a break even for a day."

"I'm so in." Seulgi hugged Joohyun from the back and looked at the other girls from Joohyun's shoulder.

The girls got ready. The girls finished showering and got dressed for a nice day out underneath the summer's hot sun. They told the guards to also take the day off and let them run around freely.

"I heard there's this really fun place." Sooyoung started. "I think it's called 'theme park' something like that. It's supposed to be very fun with all these attractions and stuff."

"I want!" Minyoung protested. "Can we go please unnie?" She turned to Joohyun.

"Hum, sure, I guess." She shrugged.

"Then it's settled." Seulgi clapped her hands.

They had to go across town to arrive at the place but as soon they saw how beautiful and colorful it was their complaints vanished from their brains. They spent the whole day in the park. Going on rides, eating cotton candy and spending some quality time with each other. Getting to know each other. When it started to get darker they got seperated. Seulgi immediately pulled Joohyun's arm so she could follow her to the ferris wheel. The rest of the girls shrugged but Minyoung got confused.

"Why are they going without us?"

Sooyoung started to answer but Seungwan went first. "You'll understand when you get older." She then winked at Sooyoung which confused her a lot. Seungwan grabbed Minyoung's hand. "Let's go, I think that rollercoaster looks cool." Minyoung nodded in agreement. 

Sooyoung was left standing confused next to Yerim. The younger girl just shook her head in amusement and patted her back. "Let's go unnie." She chuckled and followed the other two.

On the other side of the park, Joohyun was nervously getting into the ferris wheel alone with Seulgi. She felt as if her heart was going to explode from the anxiousness. She sighed a few times and tried to maintain an even breath.

"Is everything alright?" Seulgi asked noticing her state.

"Sure."

"Wait. Are you afraid of heights?" Joohyun tried to shake her head but Seulgi continued. "Goddess unnie, you should have told me. What are we going to do? We can't make them stop the ride." She looked around looking for somewhere to escape.

"No. It's not that." Johyun started which made Seulgi look at her confused.

"What is it then?" She asked. Joohyun didn't know what to say. She was lost in words. Looking at Seulgi from that perspective, they were so close, Joohyun could see all her beauty. "Unnie?" Joohyun hadn't noticed that a few seconpds had passed. "What is it?"

Joohyun tried to gather all her confidence before opening to say everything she always wanted to tell the younger girl. "You take my breath away." She blurted out and couldn't stop. "You make me want to be there for you all the time. I can't stop thinking of you. You're all I have in my head, in my heart. You are beautiful inside and out and I don't know how to express myself so I'm sorry if this sounds ty but I feel like I have something to fight for when I look at you."

Seulgi stared at her not knowing what to say or do with slightly open. Joohyun looked to her front just wishing she could have a place to hide. None of the girls said anything while their seat got higher. Before they could process what was going on fireworks started. They both turned to the left to look at the beautiful show.

"So beautiful." Joohyun whispered. She suddenly felt Seulgi's hand touching her chin forcing her to turn her face and look into her eyes.

Seulgi stared into Joohyun's dazzling eyes and smiled. She came closer, closed her eyes and did something both girls have wanted to do since the first time they saw each other.

They kissed.

 

 

AN: I'm baaaaaack. Soo, today was my portuguese exam. It was okay, it could have been worse tbh. How are you guys? Did you like this chapter? Give me your thoughtsssss

Please comment & share

See ya friday

Love ya babess (^^♪