Chapter 20.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 20

 

The Soul Kingdom

 


When the girls arrived at the Soul Kingdom the guards were already there. The news that the Space library had beeen destroyed devastated King Minho but especially Seungwan. It was her most favorite place in the world and it had been destroyed in flames in less than a hour. Besides the sad news, King Taemin's eyes lit up at the sight of his wife. He quickly noticed her thinned form and her bruised body. Their hug was tight and long and she couldn't help but shed some tears. She had yet to tell them what they did to her but she couldn't talk about it. At least not now. And they understood, they didn't want to pressure her to relive such terrible moments. They couldn't imagine what had happened between those walls. Sooyoung was too preoccupied with her sister to listen the others while they chatted at the main hall of the palace. As much as she examined Minyoung, she couldn't find any sign of abuse and was glad about it. At least she hadn't been hurt. The Kings' main concern though was the recovery of the ancient parchments lost in the fire.

"Is there anything we can do?" Jinki turned to Minho.

Minhi simply stood there and thought for a moment. When he finally looked back at him he looked determined. "Don't worry, I'll think of something. Right now we have more important things to worry about." 

Kibum nodded and turned his attention to the girls. "Did you find out anything about his next move?"

"We weren't there for long and he didn't exactly believe that we were on his side. Besides, we were more worried about rescuing them." Seungwan explained and everyone nodded in compreention.

Joohyun joined the conversation. "I'm afraid there's nothing else we can do except wait for the golden moon. We still have a week, more or less."

"You're right. We should at least be ready for that." Jinki looked at Minyoung and smiled. "How are you sweetheart?"

Minyoung smiled back at him and looked at her unnie. "Better now."

Sooyoung looked at their hands intertwined and her expression turned more serious. She pulled Minyoung aside and got down on her knees. "Are you sure you still want to do this? If you don't just say the word and we'll both get out of here. I know it's scary and I should have never let anything happen to you. I am truly sorry." Tears formed in her eyes but Minyoung only smiled.

"I don't care if it's dangerous, unnie. I want to help them. I have to, it's my destiny."

Sooyoung gave her a tight smile and nodded in understanding. She brought her hand to her sister's hair and caressed it. "You are the bravest, sweetest little girl in the world, you know that?"

Minyoung hugged her sister for a while. For a long time they thought they only had each other, but it wasn't true. They had found themselves a whole new family. Seungwan leaned against the wall with her arms crossed and a side grin on her face as she watched the scene. She came closer to the sisters and broke the silence.

"It's good to have you back kiddo."

Minyoung looked at her and giggled. Sooyoung stared at Seungwan watching their interaction. She thought the older girl certainly had gotten out of her shell fir the past few days and she felt as if their friendship had grew. She couldn't be more happy about it. She would actually find herself staring at Seungwan's face for long periods of time. She wouldn't admit it, but she couldn't stop admiring her beauty. Seungwan had one of those beauties that she doesn't even know she could stop traffic. Sooyoung thought of Joohyun and Seulgi and looked at them while they spoke with the Queen, probably telling her thr big news. She wondered if things could ever be like that with her and Seungwan. She stared back at Seungwan, watching her play rock, paper, scissors with Minyoung and smiled. Seungwan finally caught her staring and smirked sending a wink her way that made Sooyoung blush red.

"So," Seungwan started. "Want to get out of here?"

Sooyoung looked confused. "What?"

"With Minyoung, she's probably tired." Seungwan explained.

"Oh." Sooyoung's eyes widened in realization and looked at her sister. "Of course. Let's go."

The three of them left silently and went to their room. The others didn't notice them their absence as they were all talking to each other. Yerim sighed and got up drom the chair she was sitting on. She headed towards the balcony and looked down. She recalled how she used to be so afraid of heights that the other kids at the orphanage would make fun of her. Only a few people were kind to her. She never felt like it was her home. Now she understood that. Something much greater had been waiting for her. She looked up at the almost dawn sky and contemplated its color. The dark blue was becoming a yellowish color. She thought of herself. Much like the sky, she changed. She used to be in the dark. Now, after she met the girls, she was brighter. She felt as if she had been looking for her sun to bring her light all this time. They were her light. Yerim felt herself smiling and a few tears fell. Not of sadness, no. Happy tears. Meeting her uncle had been way too emotional for her and only then she was realizing it. He might've been a beast, but he was the closest thing she had to her father. She looked back at all the people that were in the main hall, smiling at each other, and she felt a sense of home. She took a long breath, breathing in the scent of the early morning wind as the sun came up. Their mission had taken the whole night and she was extremely exhausted. She headed back inside and went to talk to the Kings.

"I think I'll go to bed to rest now." They all nodded at her.

Minho brushed her arm. "Of course, rest well." She returned his warm smile and did the same with the others.

The guards bowed one last time to the Kings before exiting and three Kings soon followed. Queen Naeun had a grin from ear to ear as she spoke to her daughter and her soon to be wife.

"So you guys are really together?" She didn't wait for them to continue and spoke again. "When should we plan the wedding? Goddess, there is so much to do. Do you think you'll want many people there? Well, of course we should do this after the golden moon, don't you think?" Joohyun was about to answer when her mother continued. "I mean sure but we could start already planning. Oh girls, I'm sorry, here I am talking non stop. I'm just so happy." She giggled and the girls giggled with her.

King Taemin appeared behind her. "Sweetie, maybe you should go to bed and rest."

"Nonsense! I'm fine!" She argued.

Taemin sighed. "You've been tortured." He whispered. "Please, come rest."

She saw his worried eyes and finally gave in and nodded at him. She then turned to Joohyun and Seulgi with a smile. "We'll talk more tomorrow girls. Goodnight!" She shouted as they were leaving the room.

Seulgi turned to Joohyun and grabbed her waist. "That went well." She laughed.

Joohyun smiled at her and nodded. "You know, even at a time like this I feel happy. Is that wrong?"

"Of course not." Seulgi brought a hand to the older girl's face and started caressing it. "You should feel happy, especially at a time like this."

Joohyun gave Seulgi a small peck and stood a few seconds just staring at the girl's face. She could see how truly beutiful she was. Seulgi blushed at her intense stare. Joohyun brought her lips to her ear and whispered in a velvety voice. "I'm really glad I met you." 

That sent chills down Seulgi's spine and she burried her face on her unnie's neck, just breathing her scent in. "Do you want to go to bed?"

Joohyun brought her hands to her face and made the girl look at her. "Let's go."

 

----------

 

The next day was the inauguration of the new Mind Kingdom houses. For the past weeks the people from the Mind Kingdom were being helped by some volunteers from all five Kingdoms and were building new houses and new buildings so they could turn their lives back to the way they were, or at least try. The people from the Mind Kingdom that had been staying in the palace were going back and the Kings were also going to the inauguration. Everyone was getting prepared to leave to the Mind Kingdom. 

 

The Mind Kingdom

 

King Jinki got up on the podium and stared at all his people that had helped in the rising of the Kingdom he cherished with his life. He saw the faces of people that lost loved ones, he saw his friends, his family. He looked at the girls, the chosen ones, that would stop the world from turning to ruins. Seugwan, Sooyoung and Minyoung were right beside King Minho and King Kibum as Yerim, Joohyun and Seulgi were beside King Taemin and Queen Naeun. He sighed and cleared his throat before speaking.

"Today we welcome a new era. An era of hope, perseverance, kindness towards one another and bravery. We never know what tomorrow holds but we must be prepared for anything that may happen. What happened to us was no coincidence and we shall not take it as if it was. I won't lie to you. The next days will be tough. We will have to fight for our honor, we will have to fight for our Kingdom, again. Many brave Mind people died on the last attack. We must honor their lives by not surrendering to evil. The Goddess is on our side. We must act like it. Defend her honor. Defend her principles. Defend our Kingdom and the others. Defend ourselves and others." He stopped for a moment to catch his breath. "I can't exactly explain to you how hard it will be in the next few days. I believe you will all act like the Mind people you are. With respect over any living being." He looked as if he was staring at each person in the audience. "This is your new home. Cherish it and respect this ground as your own. Long live the Mind Kingdom!"

"Long live the Mind Kingdom!" They repeated.

"Long live the Five Kingdoms!"

"Long live the Five Kingdoms!"

"And long live the Goddess!"

"Long live the Goddess!"

Everyone cheered loudly at their King's words. Seulgi looked around at the people and was shocked to find the presence of a certain King in the back row. She leaned in Joohyun's ear.

"Don't look now but Bohyun is here."

"What?" She yelled and Seulgi immediately gave her a "shh" sound.

When they both looked at him he was staring at them with his signature smirk. They soon turned to look back at King Jinki and then looked at each other.

Joohyun cursed under her breath and sighed. "He must be up to no good." Seulgi nodded at her words.

Bohyun finally got up from his chair and went towards a shocked Jinki to greet him. Everyone who knew his real intentions looked shocked but not quite surprised. Sooyoung brought Minyoung closer to her in a protective way. He broke the ice by opening his mouth.

"I'm very sorry about what happened, old friend."

 

 

AN: Helloooo my sweeties! I'm back with chapter 20!! Hope you like it! I would love if you would comment your thoughts down below, I promise I don't bite! eheh

Follow me on @goblins2ndbride and @lenisqueen (twitter) and @lenisqueen (instagram).

Please comment & share!

See ya tuesday!

Love ya sweets (^O^)v