Chapter 10.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 10

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

Yerim woke up to the sound of her alarm at 6:30 a.m., she rubbed her eyes just long enough so she could open her eyes properly. After a few tries she sat up on the bed and stared at her window. It was so soon but there was already a commotion outside and so much noise. She cringed at an old lady yelling outside and hurried to shut the window. She sat on the bed again, sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She touched the small jade on her neckless, looked at it and smiled. It was the only thing she had from her real family before they left her on an orphanage.

Now, at 20 she was able to finally leave the orphanage since she was no longer underage. She quickly got up at the thought and immediately went to the bathroom to shower. She waited for the water to get warm before undressing and going in. When the water touched her head she let her thoughts flow. She recalled her life growing up with the nuns and other kids in the orphanage. She was always the outcast. Ever since she arrived there everyone would put her aside because she was different. Sometimes she would create things out of thin air. Like that time she was being bullied and she imagined a dog peeing on the bully's feet and then, out of nowhere, a dog came and did exactly that. Or that time she had a crush on one of the boys but he was flirting with another girl, Yerim pictured her falling and she did. Those times were considered coincidences but Yerim knew it must've been something else. She knew she was different, she just didn't understand why or how.

When she was happy she could make flowers bloom. When she was sad the sky would turn grey right above her. She tried to suppress her powers as much as she could. Not letting anyone see them.

She ended her shower, went to the bedroom with a towel wrapped tightly around her waist. There she got dressed and started packing. The nuns were going to offer her a generous amount of money for her to get a start. She sighed thinking about how much she was going to miss everyone. But she knew she had to leave, many kids arrive every year and they need space to accommodate every child.

When she was ready she put her bag over her shoulder and, when she was about to open the door, she looked back at her room smiling. She went downstairs so she could eat her breakfast. She passed by the kitchen only to see one of the girls orphans waiting for her.

"Unnie." The girl smiled. "I made you breakfast."

Yerim smiled at her. "Thank you Dahyun~ah."

Dahyun was fifteen and, just like Yerim, she had been there all her life. Yerim sat and started to eat the scrambled eggs Dahyun made her. 

All of a sudden she heard the door open and hit on the wall which startled Yerim and made her choke on her food before a pair of arms came to her and embraced her body. She could see some other people behind the one that was hugging her, she recognized that person being sister Bongeun, one of the nuns. And the other people behind her were the other nuns.

"Oh Yerimie, I wish you wouldn't leave us." She hugged her tighter.

Yerim touched her arm and leaned into her. The elder nun came closer to them.

"It seems that it was just yesterday when you arrived at our doorstep with only a blanket covering yourself and a note with your name." Tears were streaming down her face. Yerim stood up to also give her a hug.

"I'll come visit you, don't worry, you'll always be like a family to me." She hugged the ladies and started to head towards the exit. Once she was outside she could see the other children looking at her through the windows and waving. Yerim waved back at them with a big smile, Bongeun helped her put her bag on the back of the taxi and hugged one last time.

"Here is your money. Please be safe. Good luck out there." She cried.

"Thank you so much, for everything." Yerim got in the cab and told him the address he should go to.

The ride was a bit extense with very trafic. Well, they were indeed in Seoul and Yerim already knew that getting out of these streets wasn't easy. The address she had given the driver was the address of a place that the elder nun had bought for her not long ago. When Yerim asked how it looked she wouldn't tell and would always say that it was a susprise. Yerim smiled at the memory.

When the taxi made a stop she got confused at first but then realized they must've been already there. She paid the driver and when she got out she was greeted by a tall building. She took out her bag before the cab could leave and took out the key to the apartment also. As she was trying to open the door she heard a car stop right behind her where the cab used to be.

"Do you need help with that?" She turned around and saw a tall woman, Sooyoung.

"No, thank you, I can manage." Sooyoung nodded and stared awkwardly at the floor.

Yerim still struggled with the key and wondered why the girl was still there. Before she could notice she saw another girl approaching.

"What are you doing?" This new girl was much shorter than the other and had her arms crossed in an impatient manner, Seungwan. "Why are you just standing there? You said you could take her."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. "That's what I was about to do, just leave, you'll ruin everything."

"What? Are you insane? You don't know what you're doing so let me handle this." Seungwan started pushing her back to the car but Sooyoung wouldn't even move an inch and crossed her arms. Yerim just stared at them confused. Sooyoung moved a few feet to the right suddenly and that made Seungwan almost fall. She then looked at Sooyoung annoyed. She brushed her clothes, forced a smile and looked back at Yerim. "I think what my friend here was trying to ask you is: are you Kim Yerim?"

Yerim's eyes narrowed as she wondered if the girls were trying to rob her or do something to her. Or how the hell they knew her name.

Sooyoung threw her hands up. "Great! She thinks we're criminals."

Seungwan poked Sooyoung's side with her elbow. "Are you? Kim Yerim?"

"What happens to me if I tell you I am?" She responded.

Both girls turned silent as they stared at Yerim trying to answer her question. 

"If you are Kim Yerim, we need your help." A new voice joined in, Sooyoung and Seungwan turned around to look at Joohyun. Joohyun came closer to the girls and sent a disappointed look towards Sooyoung and Seungwan begore focusing on Yerim. "I think we should talk somewhere else."

When the girls started to get closer to her so they could grab her Yerim panicked and started to run.

"." Seulgi yelled, now out of the limo. "I can't believe you let her escape."

"Nope. Not on my watch." Joohyun said. She held her arm up and snapped her fingers. When the girls stared at Yerim she was stopped in time. Her arms and legs up from running. All she could move was her eyes.

"Good call, Time princess." Sooyoung clapped before helding Yerim up and throwing her on her shoulder to take her to the limo. The guards were waiting for them with the door open. "Thanks for the help." She told them sarcastically and their cheeks flushed.

They all entered the limo where an excited Minyoung was staring at Yerim. "Is that her?" 

"Yes, she wouldn't come so Joohyun unnie had to stop her." Seulgi answered and Joohyun blushed because the younger girl called her unnie.

They were headed towards the place they had already been sleeping and living for three days while trying to find the perfect moment to get to Yerim. They stayed at an old motel not very far from Yerim's orphanage. When they got to the motel and into one of the rooms they had, Joohyum snapped her fingers again and Yerim was able to move again.

Yerim immediately ran to the door and tried to open it. 

"Not happening sister." Sooyoung said sitting on a couch. The door was locked.

The only people inside the room was Sooyoung, Seungwan, who was leaning on the window. Joohyun was standing beside the couch. And Seulgi was sitting beside Sooyoung. They all stared at Yerim while she stared back at them in fear.

"What do you want from me?"

"I think we should explain who you are first." Seungwan came closer to her.

"Who I am?"

"Yes." Joohyun sighed. "You see, it's complicated, hum, well-"

"You're the Reality princess." Seungwan responded dryly while the other girls looked at her disapprovingly and Yerim stared at her scared.

"What?"

"You see, there are Five supernatural Kingdoms who control this world. The human world. You are part of it, you are the Reality princess, you have Reality powers." Joohyun told her and then looked at the other girls to know if it was good what she had just said. Seulgi smiled and nodded at her.

"No way, I'm not a princess, I'm an orphan."

"Exactly, you never met your parents right?" Seungwan asked. "Don't you think what we're saying makes a little sense? Have you never wondered why you're different from the others?"

Yerim looked down in awe and shook her head.

"This is crazy."

Sooyoung stood up and went to stand next to Joohyun and Seungwan, then gestured for Yerim to sit down. "Well, it's about to get even more crazy." 

 

AN: I'm back guys!! Here's Yerimie, hope you liked her introduction! You'll be learning much more about her in future chapters. Until then, please comment and share!!

See ya tuesday!

Love you babesss \(^o^)/