Chapter 14.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 14

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

Joohyun had never kissed someone before. Seulgi was her first kiss. That was the first thing she thought when their lips touched. You may be confused, I mean she is 28 years old, a beautiful young princess, how in the world had no one kissed her? The thing is, Joohyun wasn't like most girls. She wasn't into clothes or gossip, all her friends were boys. From a young age she knew she didn't feel for boys what other girls did. She could never tell her parents. That's why she delayed her engagement for so long. She could never feel for any guy what she felt for Seulgi. She smiled during the kiss. It was a soft kiss, just lips touching. No make out. Nothing like that. It was innocent, just like their affection for each other. Seulgi's hands came in touch with Joohyun's cheek and caressed her. Both girls felt as if that kiss was heaven. They slowly parted from the long kiss. Both their cheeks flushed as they opened their eyes to look at each other. Seulgi smiled when she saw Joohyun smiling. Joohyun went back in and gave her a small peck, much different than their other kiss but with just as much love and appreciation. Seulgi's blush only turned more red as the older girl did that.

"Thank you." Joohyun whispered.

All the people thay were in the park were screaming and shouting staring at the fireworks but that didn't stop Seulgi from hearing those sweet words. She nodded her head once and pointed quickly to the spectacle. "I think it's near the end." She said, making Joohyun look the other way.

The fireworks show ended beautifully with a heart shape. Joohyun looked back at Seulgi who was enchanted by the show and simply admired her beauty. She thought it must've been a dream. It couldn't be happening. The girl of her dreams had kissed her while they're watching fireworks. It seemed too magical to be real. 

Seulgi looked back at Joohyun with a wide grin. She had caught the older girl staring at her. "Do I have something on my face?" She joked.

Joohyun's eyes drifted to the floor as she smiled shyly. She then looked at Seulgi again. "Yes, beauty." She smiled confidently. Seulgi was shocked because it was normally her the brave one but her unnie surely had proven herself to be quite bold. 

She shook her head and laughed loudly. "Sure unnie."

Joohyun was about to respond when they both heard a loud noise.It sounded like a gunshot. They both looked at each other in fear. "What was that?" Joohyun looked around on the wheel trying to find the place where it came from.

"I have no idea." Seulgi answered wide eyed.

Across the park, where the noise had come from the other girls were already arriving at the spot. Minyoung had dragged Sooyoung by the hand so they could see what was going on. Yerim and Seungwan just trailed not far behind them. 

"Babe, slow down." Sooyoung called out for Minyoung but she ignored. When they got there Sooyoung gasped loudly. "Goddess."

"What's wrong?" Seungwan asked from behind her not being able to see anything because, well, Sooyoung was in front of her and also many people were surrounding the scene. She moved her head around trying to find a little gap for her to look, when she sneeked behind an old lady and saw what was going on her brows raised.

In front of them was a man, probably on his forties. He was helding a young woman hostage, his arm around her neck as her back faced him and his gun pointed to her temple. He looked angry and he was probably able to do whatever he wanted to the poor girl. Some policemen were already arriving at the scene when the man saw them and yelled. "Stay back or I'll kill her!" Many people nacked up a few feet and screamed for dear life.

Minyoung looked at her sister. "We have to do something. We have to help her."

Sooyoung sighed. She didn't want to bring her sister any harm but she knew they had to do something, and heck, her sister was already involved in deeper than that. She looked back at Minyoung and nodded. "Wait for my signal." She looked at Seungwan and Seungwan nodded at her. 

Seungwan pulled Yerim closer to her and whispered on her ear. Yerim sighed but still agreed. What they were about to do was risky, they couldn't be exposed but they had to-

"Drop the gun!" Seungwan's thoughts were stopped by an outraged Sooyoung that was stepping into the crime scene.

The man's gun turned to Sooyoung and everyone that was near her stood back. "Leave girl." He yelled. "Or you'll change places with her." Sooyoung crossed her arms and smirked when she saw who was arriving behind the man.

"You wish." Joohyun startled the man and when he looked at her she used his surprise to kick him from the back. This made him let go of the woman and let her fall next to Seulgi who caught her before she could hit with her face directly on the floor. The woman still looked frightened and was breathing rapidly. Seulgi caressed her back and hugged her trying to calm her down successfully.

The man fell down but when he recovered his senses he quickly went to grab his gun that had fallen with him. When he was almost grabbing it Minyoung made the gun fly higher than he could reach. He was startled at first but started to jump and to try to catch it. Minyoung started laughing at him and he quickly went and tried to grab her to hurt her. When she saw him running over to her she lost concentration and let the gun fall next to him, he smirked and pointed the gun at her. 

He was about to pull the trigger when all of a sudden the gun changed into a bubble gun toy. He stared at it confused when bubbles came out. Minyoung laughed whith her arms around her stomach, she looker at Yerim and smiled. Yerim had just saved her.

"Thank you." She went to hug Yerim and she hugged her back.

"You little-" Before he could finish his sentence Seungwan was already shrinking him into the sinze of a fairy.

She grabbed him by his shirt as he tried to punch her but ended up punching air. She smirked at him. "What shall we do to this?" 

"We have to take him to the authorities." Joohyun came next to Seungwan and froze him in time before he could try to escape in that tiny form.

They were too preoccupied trying to catch the man that they actually forgot they were being watched by almost every single person that was at the park. When they started hearing clapping and cheering they looked at all the people next to them."Oh my god!" Some said. "They must be superheroes!"

Sooyoung came forward and bowed a few times. "Thank you, thank you." She smiled proudly.

"Oh Goddess." Seungwan face palmed herself. "Here we go."

"We are the Velvet Masters. While we're here you shall not be afraid. We're here to protect you dear citizens." Sooyoung continued.

Seungwan tried to hide behind the other girls. "This is so cringey. She must've read so many comic books." She murmured looking at the floor.

"Jieun~ah!" They heard someone yelling and looked to where the voice came from.

The girl that was still in Seulgi's arms widened her eyes. "Unnie!" She ran towards the other girl with dark hair and dark sunglasses.

"Where is he? Did he hurt you? Yah! I told you to not come looking for a criminal by yourself, didn't I?" She scolded the girl named Jieun. She then looked at Seulgi, Joohyun and then the other girls. She took out her police patch to show the girls. "Lee Sunmi, Crime Scene Investigation department. This is my colleague Lee Jieun, this was her first job."

"Wait, are you saying that man was a killer?" Joohyun asked her surprised.

"Yes, and unfortunately he has escaped again." Sunmi sighed.

"Hum, actually..." Seungwan came forward and showed the policewoman the little man that was frozen looking like a doll.

She took off her glasses."What the is that?"

 

-----------

 

"Once again, we're really sorry for disturbing your job." Joohyun apologized to Sunmi and Jieun at the station once they put the man back to his usual size and walking.

"Oh no, thank you. If it weren't for you I'd probably loose one of my colleagues." She rubbed Jieun's back. "I still can't believe you guys have powers."

"Well, don't get used to it." Seungwan mumbled.

"What was that?" Sunmi smiled asking.

"Oh, nothing. Nothing at all." Seungwan faked a smile and then turned at Seulgi. "It's time."

Seulgi nodded and went to Sunmi and Jieun who were sitting on the station's couch. "Please, both of you, give me your hand." 

Sunmi furrowed her eyebrows. "Why?"

"Just do it." Joohyun told them. "Please."

They did as told even though a little suspicious. "Now. We do not have powers. We are normal people who protected Jieun-shi and are now leaving this place. You will fall asleep and when you wake up you won't remember our secrets." Seulgi told the girls and they immediately fell asleep. "Come on, let's go, I don't know how long they'll be sleeping." Seulgi rushed the others out of there.

"You know it's useless to wipe their memories about our powers when a few duzens of people watched us and filmed us at the park." Sooyoung argued.

"Shut up, you just want fame." Seungwan joked with her as they got out of the station Sooyoung elbowed her but gave her a small smile. Joohyun looked at her watch, it was already 1 a.m.

"." She murmured. "I told Hojong we would be back at midnight. They must be running around looking for us." She sighed.

"Hey, we'll explain to them what happened." Seulgi's arm went to Joohyun's shoulders and she blushed. Seulgi then looked at the other girls that were walking behind them and smile. "The important thing is that now we know we're a good team." She smiled. "Now we know we can make this."

"Hell yeah, let's save the world." Sooyoung exclaimed determined.

"Hell yeah!" Minyoung yelled back.

"Sweetie, that's a bad word." Sooyoung scolded her.

"But, you just-"

"The most important thing is that we have each other." Joohyun stopped on her tracks and looked at the other five girls there with her. She felt as if they were already a family. "We can make this." She put her hand in the circle and nodded her head for the other girls to do the same. They all put their hands together one by one, looking at each other and smiling. They finally thought they could do this. "On three we put our hands up okay? One, two...Three!" They all put their hands up and cheered. They laughed and they kept on walking to the motel.

"We'll be fine." Seulgi reassured the girls. "But seriously Sooyoung? The Velvet Masters?" They all laughed, even Sooyoung.

"It sounded better in my head." She answered.

"I like it." Yerim opened after a while. "I mean, I guess it kind of represents us. We're velvet, because we're women, and masters because we're the power muses. I think it's perfect." She smiled at Sooyoung and Sooyoung's eyes watered but she still smiled.

"Thank you." She whispered to Yerim and gave her a side hug.

"Yeah, we're the Velvet Masters." Seungwan agreed seriously and gave the girls a smile.

 

 

AN: Hey guysss, hope you had a great week!! Here I am with chapter 14! I hope you love it! Sooo, that part with Sunmi and Jieun was not a coincidence, I've been thinking about writing a new fanfic with Sunmi, IU, Hyuna and Suzy as detectives, it will be all about solving crimes with some gayness in between cause you know me ahah. I'll be co writing it with one of my girls and we're gonna make it absolutely amazing so just wait a few more weeks babes.
Today was my final exam, my history exam and it was actually great, I'm very confident, so confident that I'm scared tbh.
Well, how are you guys? Did you like this chapter? Give me your thoughts!

btw HAVE U SEEN THE COOKIE JAR MV???? 

Please comment & share

Follow me on my twitter @goblins2ndbride and @lenisqueen and my instagram @lenisqueen

See ya tuesday!!

Love ya cuties ヽ(^。^)ノ