Chapter 3.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 3

 

The Time Kingdom

 

The three people that had just entered King Taemin's office were all absolutely stunning. But the one Joohyun couldn't stop staring at was Princess Seulgi. Seulgi had her head slightly facing the ground and a shy smile threatened to appear. She was wearing a beautiful white dress with flowers all over it. Joohyun thought that it complemented her figure very nicely.

What am I thinking? She shook her head trying to think and look at something else but couldn't.

"Welcome Kibum, old friend!" The King of Time walked towards the Soul King and welcomed him in a tight hug.

The Queen's smile widened as she looked at Prince Minki. "See, he isn't so bad." She whispered in Joohyun's ear but she was too focused staring at her fiancé's sister.

"Ah Taemin, thank you for having us. Me and my children could not be happier to be here." He smiled and looked at his son so he could agree.

Finally, Joohyun's stare went to her future husband. It really was true, he wasn't bad looking, but he didn't make her feel the way she felt when she saw the younger girl next to him. Joohyun shook her head once more.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Minki smiled warmly at her and she couldn't help but smile too. He is kinda charming, she thought. But focused on her protest against this marriage.

"Maybe we can talk business in the conference room while the kids get along." The Queen said and both Kings agreed. Before leaving the room her mother sent her a smirky smile and a wink which make Joohyun roll her eyes.

"So...You're Bae Joohyun, the Princess of Time. What's that like?" He joked.

But she still answered sarcastically. "I dunno. What's like to be the Prince of Soul?"

"Touché" He chuckled.

Joohyun observed as Seulgi got closer to her brother's ear and whispered something she couldn't quite understand.

"Fine, but try not to get lost." And with that she left the two of them alone in the room which made Joohyun's heart ache a little. "She's just going to the bathroom."

Silence fell upon them and she sat down in one of the sofas next to the fireplace. He followed her actions a few seconds later.

"So...I guess we're supposed to get to know each other since...Ya know, we're gettin-"

"We are not getting married." She stopped his sentence and looked him straight in the eyes. "This is merely temporary. We won't have to get to know each other because I will convince my mother that this is bull."

"Woah, language." He laughed. She sent him a mean look and that made him continue. "Look, I don't want nothing to do with you too, I have a girlfriend back home. This marriage thing is just paper, I feel nothing towards you and probably never will, no offense, I mean-"

"Don't. I feel exactly the same way." She sighed and looked at the door, she just wanted to get out of there. She got up and before leaving she said. "You're not exactly my type either." With a subtle hair flip she made her way to the bathroom to wash her face.

She opened the bathroom door and immediately locked it once she was inside. When she turned around she saw Seulgi washing her hands looking a bit frightened at her.

"Oh, sorry, I thought I was alone." She said embarassed.

"It's alright." Seulgi smiled kindly at her. "You don't look so good." Her kind expression changed into a worried one. The back of her hand came in contact with Joohyun's forehead. This quick action made Joohyun back up a little but Seulgi was still able to check her temperature. "You look pale."

Seulgi then stared at Joohyun fully. Her eyes were swollen and she could swear that tears were trying to break through. Her lips were almost purple and she biting them did nothing to help. Seulgi gave her a sympathetic look and before Joohyun could process what was going on Seulgi's arms were around her, confronting her.

Joohyun's eyes opened wider and her arms remained paralel to her body. A few seconds later she couldn't contain herself anymore and started sobbing. Her hands touched Seulgi's back and rested on her hips. Joohyun swore she had never felt confort like this and it felt as if their bodies were meant to be together, intertwined. "I know it's tought, but everything will turn out okay." Seulgi said while caressing Joohyun's head.

They stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Then Joohyun let go of the younger girl and stared at the floor trying to wipe off her tears. She had never been in such a vulnerable state with anyone else besides Yebin.

"I hope I was able to help a little."

Joohyun returned a shy smile and before she could answer a knock was heard.

"Your Majesties, dinner is served." The maid announced on the other side.

----------------

"So, Prince Minki," The Queen started. "what do you do in your free time?" She asked while bringing her fork full of broccoli to .

"I love to draw and paint. Actually, our palace is full of my paitings." Joohyun could hear the pride in his voice and rolled her eyes.

"That's lovely. My Joohyun is not the girliest girl. She is great with a bow and arrows though," She chuckled. "She used to go hunting with her father to the Time mountains when she was little. She still does sometimes. Not as much."

The table became silent. Queen Naeun looked at her husband trying to grab his attention, unsuccessfully. She then cleared really loudly. He looked at her confused while she nodded with her head towards us. He finally caught on what she was trying to say and cleaned his mouth with a napkin before speaking.

He turned to me. "Sweetheart, we were talking and we thought it was best if, when they go back, you went to the Soul Kingdom with them for a few weeks to get to know Prince Minki better." 

"Not happening." 

"Bae Joohyun!" Her mother exclaimed shocked.

"I said that it's not happening. This wedding was your idea, not mine and since this is my life I can do whatever I wish with it.

"That's not how it works young lady. You are the heir to the Time Throne, our people need you, humans need you. You have responsabilities." The Queen almost yelled.

"And I will live up to those responsabilities. On. My. Own. I don't need to get married. I will take care of my people." She then stormed out to her room.

While leaving the room she could hear her mother talking to the Soul King. "She'll come around, I assure you."

Joohyun slammed her bedroom door and threw herself on the bed. She just wanted to fall asleep and forget everything about that day, well, except Seulgi, of course.

----------------

A loud thud made Joohyun wake up from her sleep but when she opened her eyes she was no longer in her room. Actually, she was no longer in the palace.

She looked around what seemed like a limo, got up and saw the person she wanted to see the least.

"Good morning princess." Prince Minki mocked.

"Where am I?"

"You're in my limo. Since you wouldn't come voluntarily, we put you in the car while you were already asleep. I must say, you are a heavy sleeper." His voiced laced with humour.

"This is not happening. Turn around. Turn around at once." She ordered.

"Oh, sweetheart. You don't call the shots here, this is my territory. Yes, we are arriving at Soul Kingdom princess. Welcome." He joked and sat back on his seat.

"Nope, nope, not happening. If you don't turn around now I'll scream."

"Oh please, your bluff doesn't scare-" She opened the window.

"SOMEONE! HELP! I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED! HELP!" She felt a large hand covering .

"Goddess woman, you are insane." His hand left when she started it and opened to bite his hand off. "And disgusting." He wiped his hand on her dress making a disgusted face.

She then realised that it was already too late. She could see the Soul Kingdom. She had seen photos of it but had never been there in person, it was beautiful at night. The ocean looked so clean, the beach was beautiful and the buildings were so different from back home, the design was so artistic and unique, she was afraid she might start to like this. Right then and there she knew one thing and one thing only.

She was ed.

 

AN: Oh well, poor Irene guys, I feel so horrible doing this to her.

Hope you liked it, see ya tomorrow (•ө•)♡