Chapter 11.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 11

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

"So, you're telling me we have to save the world?" Yerim got up from the couch staring at the other girls with a brow raised and her arms crossed.

Sooyoung looked at Seungwan who looked at Joohyun. Joohyun sighed. "Look, I know this sounds absolutely insane."

"Insane?!" Yerim yelled. "That's sugar-coating it." She started walking back and forth in the tiny room. "It can't be."

Seungwan went up to her, grabbed her by the arms which made her stop walking and made her look into her eyes. "You have to stop freaking out, we don't have time for that."

"Give her a break, she just found out her whole life has been a lie." Sooyoung told Seungwan.

"Well, I understand that your Kingdom values respect for all living beings but if we don't give this being a harsh look on reality, we won't have anymore "beings" to save." Seungwan stated. Sooyoung just threw her arms up in defeat and sat back on the couch.

"Guys, come on, let's not fight. We have to stick together." Seulgi said and went to stand next to Yerim and Seungwan. She pushed Seungwan to the side so she was now facing Yerim. "Look, I'm very sorry this is happening." She reached out to hug her. "Everything's going to be fine, we'll stay together no matter what. We will help you with your powers. Trust us." 

All of a sudden Yerim's emotions went from panick to relaxation. She broke the hug with Seulgi.

"Did you just use your powers to mess up with my emotions?" Yerim asked calmly.

"Well it worked, didn't it?" Seulgi smiled.

"I mean, sure, I feel great. But please don't do that again." Yerim smiled apologetic.

Seulgi's smile faded. "Oh,I'm sorry. Sometimes I forget people don't really like to have their feelings played with. It's just that it really seemed like you needed a hug."

Yerim sighed but looked at the older girl with a calm smile. "It's okay, thank you for that." She turned to look back at the other girls that were staring at them throughout their exchange. Sooyoung was smiling now that the girl seemed more relaxed and Seungwan just stood there bored.

Joohyun looked mad and simply pulled Seulgi closer to herself. "I think we should start our class."

They all agreed and the girls started heading outside while Yerim trailed behind them confused.

"Where are we going?"

"Oh, you see, we reserved this motel entirely for us and our practising." Sooyoung looked back at Yerim very excited and clapped her hands.

"Oh, hum, what are your powers?" 

All the girls stopped on their tracks and looked back at Yerim. Seulgi smiled at her. "You already saw one of mine. I'm from the Soul Kingdom, so I'm really good at changing people's emotions and acts. I'm kind of great at hypnosis. Oh, and you've already seen one of Joohyun unnie. She's from the Time Kingdom so she can stop time." She looked at Joohyun and the older girl smiled back at her shyly.

"I mean, not literally, I can't stop time itself, that's something only someone with incredibly great powers can do. Unfortunately, there is still to exist someone like that. I can only stop people or objects and make them reverse. Kind of like a mini time traveling just for that object or person." She explained to Yerim. "The only ones you haven't seen anything from is Sooyoung-shi and Seungwan-shi." Joohyun finished.

"I'm a great mind reader." Sooyoung smiled happily while Seungwan rolled her eyes. "Mind Kingdom half-gods are incredibly good with mind powers, like telekinesis and invisibility. We can do all that with just our minds." She proudly stated while Seungwan just crossed her arms 'what a show off' she thought. "Don't call me that, can't I be proud of my heritage?" Sooyoung looked at her offended.

"I told you to stop reading my mind!" Without a second thought, Seungwan shrunk Sooyoung until the taller girl was her height. Sooyoung stared at her with an open mouth and gasped.

"Make me normal again! Right now you dwarf!" Sooyoung yelled.

"This is one of my powers, I can change human beings and other animals and objects in size." Seungwan told Yerim. Everyone stared at her while Sooyoung was using her mind to make her float on thin air. "Oh my Goddess Sooyoung! Put me back down right now! This is an order."

"Only if you put me back to my normal size."

"That is your normal size." Seungwan joked and Sooyoung just put her higher. Seungwan screamed. "Sooyoung! Okay, okay, please put me down. I'm afraid of heights." Sooyoung immediately put her down and Seungwan put her back the size she used to be.

Sooyoung smirked at her. "By the way, thank you for the information." Seungwan rolled her eyes while brushing her clothes.

Joohyun turned back to Yerim. "Sorry you had to see that. Let's move on."

They all followed Joohyun outside, to the back of the motel, where they could practice without being seen by any human.
The guards were already outside with Minyoung and what it seemed like a volleyball ball. The girls looked at each other confused and stopped by the door listening their conversation.

"You guys ." Minyoung exclaimed. 

The boss of the guards, Hojong, looked very much uncomfortable as he looked at the girl with the ball on his hands. "Sorry miss, we're not trained to play this. Maybe you should wait for your sister and the rest of the girls."

"No! You guys promised you'd play with me..." She pouted and looked at all the six guards.

"Boss, we can't say no to that face." Dohyun, the right arm of Hojong just stared at the girl trying to maintain a hard neutral face but failed.

Hojong sighed and prepared to serve the ball. "We're back." Joohyun announced making the guards sigh in relief.

"Thank god." Hojong said. "Look miss, the girls are back, we'll have to start training."

Minyoung shook her head and took the ball out of his hands. "Excuses, excuses." She looked at her sister and smiled. "Unnie, I was winning 16-0."

Sooyoung looked suspicious at her and got down to be her height. "And are you sure you weren't using telekinesis to play?" She murmured at her sister's ear and the younger girl just shrugged and giggled. Sooyoung patted her head and got up.

Joohyun told Yerim to come next to her and she obliged. "So, can you show us a bit of your powers?"

Yerim's smile fell and she changed her gaze, the rest of the girls were waiting for her response patiently staring at her. "Hum, well, actually...I haven't really used my powers in a long time...I don't know how to use them."

Seungwan threw her hands up. "We're screwed."

Joohyun sighed. "Stop being such a pessimistic person."

"You call it pessimistic, I call it realistic. I mean, the Reality princess can't do reality? That's kind of ironic, isn't it?" Seungwan chuckled.

Sooyoung looked disappointed at her. "Can't you just be nice for once?"

"No, but I can be honest."

Seulgi looked at both of them and put an arm in between. "Let's stop all the bickering and focus. She didn't say she didn't have powers did she? She just said she hadn't used them in a while. That means nothing. She just needs practice, that's all." She turned to Yerim and smiled. "Give it a try."

"What do you want me to do?" The other girls looked at each other thinking.

"A dog! Please make a dog appear!" Minyoung came from behind Sooyoung very excited.

The girls looked at Yerim waiting for her to accept the challenge. "Okay, I'll try." She gave Minyoung a small smile.

Yerim gathered all her focus to imagined a dog walking up to Minyoung. She closed her eyes and thought of all possibilities, a dog coming up to them, a dog falling from the sky, a dog suddenly appearing. Seconds passed, even minutes and absolutely nothing happened. Yerim opened her eyes. She felt like crying. The only thing, the only special thing she could be good at and she couldn't even do it. Tears started forming in her eyes and streaming down her face. Seulgi noticed and tried to approach her but Yerim avoided her touch.

"I'm useless! I'm useless and worthless! I can't even do something I was born to do! I'm such ." Sooyoung covered Minyoung's ears at Yerim's outburst.

"No, please don't say that, it's fine, we can work this out. We'll work this out." Joohyun reassured her. The other girls looked up where clouds were coming together. Seungwan and Seulgi shared confused looks.

"No, we won't, I can't do this, it's too much pressure." She yelled and screamed at the sky. "Why can't I do something nice for once in my life?" 

After that the sky broke out. Heavy rain started to fall and the girls just stared at Yerim in awe as she was too into her outburst to notice what she had just done.

"It's pouring!" Seungwan exclaimed. Yerim finally stopped screaming and looked up. All the girls and the guards started running inside so they could be safe from the rain.

"I did this?" Yerim asked out of breath from running.

"Well, who else?" Seungwan tried to warm herself by brushing her arms together and Sooyoung went from behind her to put her coat on Seungwan's shoulders. Seungwan noticed but didn't say a word.

"At least now we know you can do this." Joohyun smirked at Yerim and for once in her life Yerim thought that she mattered, that she had friends and people that were counting on her.


AN: Hi my lovess, I'm back with chapter 11, hope you liked the girls' interaction on this one and be prepared for chapter 12!!!

Please comment and share!!

See ya friday sweeties

Love yaa (。>﹏<。)