Chapter 2.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 2.

 

The Mind Kingdom

 

"Sooyoung~ah!" The male voice echoed throughout the house. "Don't tell me you're still asleep young lady!"

The light that shined through the window reflected on her face while she tried to recall the events that had taken place the night before.

The Flower Day festivities always ended with most people getting drunk. Sooyoung didn't remember how it had happened, but it did. And she had promised her dad she wouldn't do it again. She rubbed her eyes three times before she could tolerate the harsh sunlight that dared to blind her. Her cheeks were still red feom last night and her puffy eyes reflected the mistakes that were made.

Sooyoung had the spirit of any Mind Kingdom person. She enjoyed going out with her friends, having no worries and enjoying life at its fullest. Carpe Diem- was their motto. 

I guess you could say every person from the Mind Kingdom is as kind as a little girl and has the soul of a hippie, which is necessary, who would want an evil person to control human minds? 

"I won't call you again!" She heard once more.

She turned her head to look at the digital clock that was on her bedside table.

7:34

"Shhhhit." She stood up faster than ever and ignored the urge to sit down emidiatly, she still felt really dizzy.

She dragged her feet down the steps as fast as she could.

"Glad to see you are joining us for breakfast." He joked.

Sooyoung turned to look at the kitchen table where she found her younger sister Minyoung devouring a toast.

"Why did you get up so late? I had to do all your chores! It's not fair!" The ten year old complained.

Sooyoung just sat down trying to think (but not to much) how to stop a headache. "Dad, do you have some aspirin?" 

"I'm a bit busy right now." He answered while flipping a pancake. "Just look in those drawers."

She stood up once more trying to regain balace and seached for a cure

"The cow was really sad this morning." Said Minyoung.

"What did she tell you?" Her dad asked.
  
You see, in the Mind Kingdom, the half-gods have the gift of understanding animals, they can speak to them and hear their problems.

"She said she's almost retiring, whatever that means." Her dad just looked out the window to Missy the cow with a worried expression.

"She'll be fine, don't worry."

In the Park household only the females are half-gods. When Sooyoung's mother died she thought she could never recover from that again, her powers have never been the same ever since.

In each kingdom there are separate schools, for half-gods and humanes. Sooyoung and her sister have always gone to the half-gods school. Now she's graduated and is simply helping her dad with the farm.

The Mind Kingdom is known to be full of farms. These farms are only to protect animals, they do not eat them. Everyone is vegetarian, because half of the population understands them, I think you can see how awkward it would be if they ate them.

They are all supposed to wake up early to feed the animals and do normal farm life stuff. Sooyoung wished for something more, she had ambition and one day she wanted to see the human world- which is forbidden for any person from any kingdom.

"Here it is!" She exclaimed as she hold up the aspirin.

Her father just shook his head disapprovingly but smiled anyways.
He thought about how much his daughters resembled his late wife in every single aspect. His smile grew weaker and before he would start crying he excused himself to the bathroom.

"Was he thinking about mom again?"

"Yes." Sooyoung answered. The more adult half-gods of the Mind Kingdom can read animal minds, but also human minds. It was something Sooyoung loved but at the same time hated so she would shut her dad's thoughts most of the time. Everytime he looked at his daughters he saw the love of his life and it broke him a little everyday. "Eat quickly, I'll take you to school." She said while wiping a napkin all over her sister's face.

"Okay." Minyoung smiled. "Bye dad!" They heard a muffled answer coming from the bathroom door saying something like "Bye sweetie." Sooyoung grabbed the pick up truck keys and Minyoung's backpack before heading towards the exit and helping her sister tie her shoes.

The front door shut with a thud. Their dad finally came out of the bathroom wiping some tears that were still on his face. He shut his eyes for a bit, just resting his sight. He looked at the door his daughters had just walked out of and smiled.

They'll be fine, he thought.

------------------

 

The Space Kingdom

 

The Space Kingdom is the place where lives the biggest library in the universe. Every single author is there immortalized. They have space enchantments all over the place so everything can fit a small space. The houses from this kingdom look very small from the outside but once you go in them they'll feel like mansions. That was one of many great abilities of the Space Kingdom half-gods. 

The library has enormous shelves that can become even bigger. From the outside it's one of the most majestic buildings of all Five Kingdoms. Actually, legends say that the spanish "La Sagrada Familia" was based on this library and that a half-god from the Mind Kingdom thought it was so explendid he entered a human's mind and gave him the beautiful image of the library so he could reproduce it in the human world.

Seungwan stared in awe at the building she could see every morning. She turned to look at her clock that marked 9:03 (Space Kingdom Time) Many people walked pass her and didn't say a word. She didn't really have friends, at all. She would prefer to be stuck reading a book than socialising with less intectual beings- her words. 

She straightened her pony tail before forcing a smile and entering.

"Good morning Sunbae." She smiled at the man on the front desk.

"Here again Seungwan~ah? Wouldn't you rather spend summer outside? Maybe go to the Soul Kingdom to the beach, it could do you some good." He joked.

"Not really, I'd rather study."

With this she walked away to her usual desk, sat down and thought about what she could read this time. She was obsessed with human books, she thought that they were fascinating and spent most of her time in school learning as many human languages as she could and reading just as many human books. The Space Kingdom half-gods have the power to increase or decrease objects in size and give more or less space to rooms, bags or even brains. That's how they are so smart, they are able to expand their brains in order to increase their concentration, memory and learning capabilities.

Seungwan always found fascinating learning in general, from History to Maths to Human Studies. She was determined to learn everything she could possibly learn. In fact, out of all Space half-gods she was knowned to the the strongest of her generation. While at school she wouldn't take tests with the other students but would make them instead and then would correct each one. You can say she worked even more than teachers.

But something that was stuck in her mind and the only thing that she couldn't decode was something she read on a book. Almost three months ago and it didn't seem like it was getting easier. She sighed while staring at the quote she wrote on her notepad.

"Five elements must unite at the golden moon and save the universe from its doom."

It seemed obvious what the message said. Seungwan knew the world would be in danger. But why? And when? This was all she could think about day and night.

Her thought came to an end when the Royal Space guards entered the library. 

She could hear her Sunbae's voice trying to stop them."Excuse, you cannot disturb this place, it is sacred-"

"King Minho's orders." The tallest of them all answered. He stopped and then searched the library for something. When his eyes landed on Seungwan she knew it couldn't be good. He started walking towards her and she quickly hid her notepad under some other books nearby. "Are you Son Seungwan?" He asked rudely.

"It depends on who asks." She crossed her arms sassily.

"I must take you to the king, he shall explain everything to you." He abruptly pulled her arm as if he were arresting her and dragged her out of the library.

"Wait. There must be a mistake. I did nothing wrong."

They then left the library in a hurry and a Sunbae looking rather confused staring at the door was left wondering what had just happened.

AN: Heyyyyy, it's me again! I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. I have so many ideas for this fanfic but I won't spoil you any, don't worry ahah. 
Tomorrow's chapter is going to be intense.

See yah ʕ•ٹ•ʔ