Chapter 12.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 12

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

After the rain stopped, the guards took over and started training the girls for the fight. Because, let's be honest, in a world where half of the people have powers, it takes a little more than just being the chosen ones to win a fight against evil. 

The girls went to change clothes. When they came out, Seungwan was pretty much the only one who wasn't excited about the lesson.

"Do we really have to do all this exercise? Like, I get it. But why? Can't I just pass this one and go read a book?" 

"Come on." Seulgi hugged her from behind. "It will be fun. This way is better for us to bond."

"You do know I can block your powers right?" Seungwan sighed. "My mind in unbreakable."

"Then why aren't you?" Seulgi hugged her tighter and for once Wendy actually smiled.

Joohyun looked deadly at the girls. "Let's stop talking and start training." She gestured her hands for them to seperate from each other and Seulgi smirked coming closer to Joohyun.

"Don't worry. You're the prettiest girl in here." She whispered at Joohyun's ear which made the older girl choke on her breath and start coughing.

"Is everything alright?" Sooyoung asked a few feet in front of them standing beside her sister, hugging her with an arm. Joohyun's answer was a simple thumbs up.

Hojong called the girls so they would stand in a circle. "Alright. Princesses," He looked at Joohyun, Seulgi and Yerim and they smiled back. His gaze went to Sooyoung, Seungwan and Minyoung. "and others." Seungwan rolled her eyes and tapped her foot impatiently. "Let's start today's lesson. Now, the most important thing you must learn before you learn how to attack is how to defend yourselves. Any questions?"

"Question." Sooyoung raised an arm. 

"Yes miss?"

"What's for lunch?" The other girls laughed and Hojong mentally face palmed himself, shut his eyes for a few seconds and sighed. "I don't know miss. Anymore questions?"

Joohyun raised her arm. "I happen to be very good with weapons. Do you have any?"

"Hum, I think it would be much safer for everyone if we only use weapons when you're already good at physical fights."

"Do you not trust me?" She went forward with her arms crossed and she could see sweat forming on his forehead, if it was because she was a princess or because he was actually afraid of her strength she didn't know, she wanted to think that the second one was the truth. She smirked at the thought.

"It's not that your highness. I am sure you are amazing at whatever you do but we have a younger member in our crew so we have to think safely." 

"Damn right." Sooyoung agreed. 

"Let's start." Seulgi clapped her hands cheerfully. Seungwan put on her sunglasses, grabbed a beach chair and sat a few feet away from the girls.

"What are you doing?" Yerim asked.

"Oh, I learn better in theory, but you'll be fine." She smiled but the smile faded soon after. 

"So," Hojong started and gestured for Dohyun to go behind him. "if someone comes up from behind you and grabs your arm all you have to do is-"

"Stab him." Joohyun smirked.

Hojong sighed. "No, your highness." Dohyun grabbed his arm from behind and Hojong quickly got down, lifted Dohyun up and suddenly pushed him to the ground landing on his back. "You do this."

"Goddess boss." Dohyun protested putting a hand on his back trying to ease the pain.

"Oh, that's easy." Minyoung smiled and went to stand in front of Hojong. "Let me try."

"Hum, miss, maybe the big girls should do this first, I'm a bit heavy."

"Are you afraid of a ten year old?" She joked.

"Yes, are you afraid of a ten year old?" Joohyun took a step towards them, crossed her arms and smirked.

Hojong sighed for the tenth time that day. "Alright-" Before he could say another word Minyoung was already repeating what he had done to Dohyun with much more strength. "What the-how did you do that?"

"Telekinesis." She smiled pointing at her head. She then ran to her sister who hugged her and whispered to her ear "good girl".

"I forgot about that." He got up and brushed his clothes from the dirt. "These girls are going to be the death of me." He muttered.

"What was that?" Seulgi giggled.

"I said it's your turn, your majesty." She nodded at him and quickly tried that move. She did it with much more difficulty than Minyoung but was still able to do it.

After all girls did that move, even Seungwan who was dragged from the chair, they all started to learn the basic fighting skills. They all paired with one guard.

"If you do not have a weapon, your best choice to fight is with your fists. But something very important you must remember is to never let the thumb inside the fist, that way you may break your finger."

"Noted." Joohyun stated pushing her whole fist into Hojong's face. His reflects were quick enough for him to grab her hand before it could touch his face.

"You can't be so obvious, your majesty. You have to be able to be unpredictable for your opponent. Otherwise he'll know exactly what you'll do and your attack will come back at you." Hojong let go of her hand and she took that as an opportunity to punch him with her other arm when he looked at the other girls. He fell on the impact and Minyoung had to restrain a laugh.

"Like this?" She gave him an innocent look.

"Okay, that's it. Time to train your powers." He put his and on the red cheek and got up. "I'll be right back."

He went inside while the girls stayed back and practiced their powers on some dummies de guards had brought for them to train. Seungwan sat back on the chair and just stared at the other girls while they practiced. Yerim, still feeling bad for not being able to use her powers right sat beside her on the floor and started to play with the grass, pulling out some.

"You know, maybe you should stop that if you don't want the giant to scold you." Seungwan warned her nodding her head towards Sooyoung. Yerim's eyes widened, she stopped doing that and simply stared at the floor. Seungwan sighed. "Listen, I'm pretty crappy at stuff like this." Yerim looked at her confused. "At conforting people. I'm not very good at making friends either. People always assume I'm stuck up." She shook her head. "Anyways, are you okay?" She looked at the younger girl with worried eyes.

Yerim shrugged. "Would you be okay?"

"Touché." Seungwan nodded. "I may complain a lot, I don't belong in this group. I don't have what it takes. I'm just a book worm who got into this mess Goddess knows why. But, if I have to be stuck here, I'm glad it's with you guys." Seungwan smiled. "I know once you've trained enough you'll be great with your powers."

"Thanks." Yerim chuckled. "You shouldn't be so much in defense you know. I barely know you, but I know you are a good person."

Seungwan laughed. "How could you possibly know that?"

"I just do." She smiled.

"Hey, Yerim." Sooyoung called. "Come, let's try your powers again, maybe try to not make it rain this time." She joked.

"Hum, I can't. Sorry."

"Don't say that. Anything's possible if you want it to be." Sooyoung said. "Besides, I still want to see that dog appear." She smiled.

"I dunno..."

"Go." Seungwan told her. "I know you want to. Just give it a try." Sooyoung looked at Seungwan with her eyes wide. "What, can't I be nice for once?" 

"Well, I'll go if you go with me." Yerim got up and gave Seungwan her hand.

"Fine." She sighed. "But no funny business." She warned Sooyoung.

Sooyoung laughed. "No promises."

The three girls went next to Joohyun and Seulgi who were chatting with Minyoung. When they saw the other girls coming up to them they focused on Yerim.

"Ready to try again?" Joohyun gave her a small smile.

"Sure." Yerim smiled back.

Yerim closed her eyes and started to imagine the dog again. This time it was very clear. She imagined a golden retriever going up to Minyoung and her face.

"Just have confidence. You can do this." She could hear Seulgi praise her.

All of a sudden she heard a thud and what it seemed like a childish laugh. When she reoppened her eyes she saw Minyoung on the floor with the biggest grin on her face and a golden retriever her face.

"Look unnie! You made a dog." She yelled happily at Yerim.

The other girls attentions went from the dog to Yerim and they all had big smiles on their faces.

"You did it!" Joohyun exclaimed.

"Hell yeah she did!" Sooyoung went and hugged her.

"We knew you could make it." Seulgi rubbed her back. 

Yerim looked at Seungwan who was a few feet in front of her with an impressed look on her face. "That was good kiddo." She laughed. "Now you only need to train a few thousand times and you're good to go." Joohyun punched her slightly in the arm but still laughed with the other girls.

"I think we can do this." Joohyun afirmed.

Seulgi nodded. "Group hug!"

"Yessssss" Minyoung came running to Yerim.

"Goddess nooo." Seungwan protested but Sooyoung pulled her into the hug.

-----------

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

King Kibum went around in his room waiting for King Minho while King Jinki sat on his couch reading a book. A few moments later there was the Space King looking frantic. Both kings were startled by him.

"What's wrong Minho?" The Soul King asked anxious. "Did they find her?"

King Minho gestured for them to give him some time to rest and breathe. "Yes." He sighed. "They did."

Kibum gave the biggest smile. "That's wonderful news."

"Yes, but that's not why I'm here."

"What is it?" King Jinki got up.

"I just received news from the Time Kingdom." The kings looked at each other and back at Minho.

"And?" Jinki asked impatiently.

"There has been an attack, just like in your Kingdom."

"Goddess." Kibum let out a cry.

"That's not all." King Minho shut his eyes for a little while, sat down on the couch where King Jinki was. He reoppened his eyes. "They took the Queen."

 

AN: I'm back with chapter 12 guys!! Sooo, Joohyun's mom's missing... 
I hope you liked this chapter and the interactions between the girls.

Please comment and share, also, if you'd like to follow me on my twitter and instagram, I follow back:

main- @lenisqueen (twitter & instagram)

fan account- @goblins2ndbride (twitter)

Take care guys, see ya tuesday

Love ya babes ʕ•ٹ•ʔ