Chapter 24.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 24

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

The golden moon eve had arrived. The Kings, the girls and everyone they had gathered that was willing to fight was patiently waiting in the Soul Kingdom. Even though all Kingdoms needed protection, the Soul Kingdom needed it even more. The Soul river had to be protected. Anyone who could access to it could easily kill every single soul on the planet. King Kibum had made a decree about the attacks the day before. At this point they didn't care about Bohyun, he was going to attack anyways so why hide it? They announced his betrayal to the moon Goddess and to the universe. It was the right time. The of this cold war would have to be at the golden moon, it was the only way they could win. The girls were now in the great hall for what it felt to them like the hundredth time of the day. They were done training. There was nothing more they could train or improve at this point. Everyone was anxiously waiting for midnight: the indicator that told them the golden moon was slowly happening, reaching its peak by midday.

Sooyoung sat with her sleeping sister on her lap as everyone seemed to be either looking at the clock or chatting nervously with each other. Seulgi tried to stay calm by tapping her fingers on the wood table in front of her and it was driving Seungwan mad.

"Goddess, can you stop that?" She snapped as she got up waking up Minyoung who immediately rubbed her eyes and yawned.

Joohyun's attention drifted from the clock to the impatient girl and she sighed. "Calm down, sit." She touched the girl's arm.

"I'm sorry, I just don't think I can wait any longer. It's like waiting for an inevitable apocalypse." Seungwan explained.

"We know." Sooyoung joined the conversation. "But we must stay focused. We have to stay calm and together."

Seungwan snorted. "I can't believe this is coming from the girl who wanted to run away from us a bunch of times."

Sooyoung shrugged as Seulgi looked everywhere confused. "Hey, where's Yerim?"

"Somewhere with Wonwoo I think." Joohyun smirked as she intertwined her hand with her fiancee's. Seulgi just slowly nodded not quite understanding what she was saying.

All of a sudden King Minho appeared at their table with a large parchment. He quickly opened it and laid it on the table. He cleared his throat before speaking startling the girls. "Alright. This is the map of the building. The guards will be all over these hallways and on the outside. We also have a grat number of half-gods guarding the humanes from each Kingdom in their community buildings. The only Kingdom we weren't able to interfere in was the Reality Kingdom, obviously. But as soon as Bohyun's warriors come to the river we have more guards to go help the people." Minho took a deep breath before continuing. "Where's Yerim?"

"Here!" A few feet away they saw Yerim nearing them with Wonwoo and Sooyoung smirked at Joohyun who mimicked her face.

Minho nodded at her and motioned her to sit down. "I need you guys to seperate from each other in the beginning, we never know what will happen so at least these will be your starting places. Seulgi, Seungwan, I need you two to be at the entrance. Your job will be to not let anyone into the palace. Sooyoung and Minyoung, you two will be in the palace in case their job doesn't work. It won't be their fault, we don't know how many people are on Bohyun's side so we have to be ready. Joohyun and Yerim, you'll be guarding the doors to the river with Hojong. The doors are 99.9% successful in keeping people out. The key is already being hidden in a safe and secret place. You shall not worry about it. None of you." He looked at every and each one of the girls before looking at his watch. "It's almost time. I know you'll be great. Don't hesitate, they won't hesitate to kill you."

"Great motivational speech, your majesty." Seungwan sarcastically pointed out.

"Thanks, I try." He answered seriously. "Good luck guys. I would advise you to go straight to your guarding places." He left as the girls gave him a last bow.

The girls all got up and looked at each other. Joohyun came closer to Seulgi and hugged her tight. "You come back alive, you understand?"

Seulgi laughed but nodded into the hug. Sooyoung grabbed her sister's hand and gave it a squeeze. She was more afraid for her sister than for anyone else. The girls looked at her and Minyoung and smiled.

"We'll see them later okay?" Sooyoung looked at Minyoung smiling.

Minyoung looked up and grinned at her sister. "Of course we will."

Suddenly Sooyoung felt more confident and turned to the girls. "Good luck out there."

"Stay safe." Seungwan told her before heading out the door with Seulgi trailing behind her still looking at Joohyun with sad eyes. Joohyun punched her fist in the air and yelled 'fighting' at the girl making her smile, being that smile the last think left from Seulgi to Joohyun before the fight.

Joohyun then looked at Yerim. "Let's go?"

Yerim nodded and looked at Wonwoo. "Just a sec." Joohyun nodded and turned to Sooyoung.

"Hum, so..." He started. "Just, you know, survive, okay?"

Yerim chuckled. "Sure, survive too okay?"

"You bet." Joohyun quickly pulled Yerim by the shirt upstairs as Wonwoo was left with Sooyoung and Minyoung in the great hall. "So, let's win this, shall we?"

Sooyoung smirked at that and turned to the front door. "Hell yeah."

"Hell yeah!" Minyoung shouted making Sooyoung's eyes widen and she looked at her sister.

"Okay, just this once." Minyoung giggled and Sooyoung expression turned happy again.

Outside the gate was closed shut. The Mind Kingom and Soul Kingdom half-gods were making protective spells around the palace that they knew would only help them for a while. Seulgi and Seungwan sat on the steps to the main door and contemplated the spells making beautiful sketches on the night sky.

"I know the time is kinda awful but this is pretty incredible isn't it?" Seulgi turned to Seungwan who nodded at her words.

"Yeah. You know, I've read a thousand books about these spells. But seeing them live is amazing. So colorful. So beautiful."

Seulgi smiled. "Indeed."

"This is really scary isn't it?" Seungwan looked down.

"What is?"

"This fight. Everything. I guess I hadn't fully comprehend what I had put myself into until right now. It all feels so real." Seungwan looked back up and saw the girl looking worried at her. "Oh, but don't worry. I'm not about to run away. It's just really frightening, don't you think?"

Seulgi nodded. "Yes. I've never been more afraid in my life."

"My point exactly-"

"But," Seulgi interrupted her. "The odds are in our favor. I mean, we are part of a prophecy made by the Goddess herself. We have everything to make this right. We're the good guys here. Don't all your books end with the bad guys loosing?"

Seungwan shrugged. "Some have some plot twists, you know."

"We are our own plot twists. We make our own destiny, however we want. And I really want to win this war and save the world, don't you?"

The girl smiled at Seulgi and slowly shook her head. "You are quite the poet." Seulgi puclnched her on the arm.

"The important thing is that we're gonna make it. So don't think too much into it, it only makes you unfocused." Seulgi told her. "Just do what you do best."

"I can't read a book while fighting."

Seulgi rolled her eyes. "You know what I meant."

"Thanks. I needed that." Seungwan dropped her head on the girl's shoulder.

"I know I'm no Sooyoung but at least you're smiling." Seungwan quickly got her head up and looked straight ahead.

"Now you just ruined the mood." Seulgi laughed at her response and was about to talk back when an alarm got off.

They both got up and covered their ears at the annoying sound. They looked around and found Seulgi's dad.

"Papa, what is this?" She screamed over the sound.

"It's the alarm. It means that they are coming. And they are coming quick. Come on. To your positions quickly." He yelled at the guards. He looked back at his daughter. "Pumpkin, I'm not leaving your side, your brother is inside. We will fight with you so don't worry."

"Thanks papa." She hugged her dad with a lot of strength as he tried to breath.

"We'll be fine." He smiled and they parted quickly so he could go back to his position.

Seungwan held Seulgi's hand and squeezed it. "For good luck." She explained and Seulgi chuckled.

Inside the palace Joohyun and Yerim were going up the stair to meet Hojong at the river door secret passageway when they heard the alarm. Yeri was so startled she fell on the stairs, Joohyun noticed and went to her to help her get back up.

"Are you alright?" She looked at the younger girl concerned.

Yerim nodded slowly. "What the hell was that?"

"The alarm that indicates the Soul Kingdom is officially being attacked." A voice came from behind Joohyun and they turned to find Hojong looking at them. "Come on, we have to be ready." He motioned for them to follow him and they soon did.

"What's the plan?" Joohyun called after him.

He turned his head to look at her confused. "What do you mean 'plan'?"

"What do we do if they get here?"

Yerim listened quietly to their conversation. Hojong stopped on his tracks and turned completely to them. "Just survive." He looked at both of them for a few seconds as they thought about those words and then started walking again.

"Survive. Sure, I can try to do that." Joohyun joked.

Yerim's expression wasn't as light as the older girl's. She felt anxious, stressed. She knew she couldn't avoid the fight but it was so close now. Yerim thought about everyone. She wanted to remember all the people who took care of her. She wanted to feel hope and secure. She took a deep breath as she walked. Yerim closed her eyes and when she oppened them again her eyes looked determined. She was ready. The girls arrived at the door where a few guards were already expecting them.

"Alright." Hojong reoppened his mouth. "Your majesties, our job will be to protect you, no matter what, you are the chosen ones. You are the ones we need so try your best to survive, as I said before. We will do our best to keep you out of danger."

The girls nodded at his words and then looked at each other. Joohyun smiled and grabbed Yerim's hand, squeezing it, giving her strength. Joohyun opened to speak to everyone.

"Let's do this ."

 


 

AN: Heyyy babes, I'm so sorry for the delay, my computer deleted the chapter so I had to rewrite! What do you think about the beginning of the battle? Do you think that the girls are ready? Give me your thoughts down below.

Follow me on @goblins2ndbride and @lenisqueen (twitter) and @lenisqueen (instagram).

Please comment & share!

See ya tuesday.

As always love you cuties, stay awesome ☺️