Chapter 23.

The Velvet Masters

The Velvet Masters

Chapter 23

 

The Soul Kingdom

 

King Kibum ran as fast as he could to the great hall. For the past days it was being used to help the warriors train for the golden moon. The tables that once occupied the whole room were now gone and the space now looked wider and capable of handling any scenario to get everyone ready for what was expecting them. King Minho took the liberty to use his powers to increase the room's size. In the corner of the room Yerim and Wonwoo were happily chatting about her powers. They had been training together. Prince Wonwoo knew a lot about powers in general and he had always been fascinated with the Reality powers so he was happy to help Yerim.

"So, now, I need you to think really carefully about the next one." She nodded at his request slowly waiting for what he wanted. "I want you to imagine me in pain."

"W-what?" She stuttered. "But, I don't want to hurt you. Isn't there a better way of doing this?"

Wonwoo chuckled. "It's alright, I'll be fine, don't worry. I know it's more pleasing to make happy things and make people happy with our powers but we have to fight. We have to win this. I know you can do it. Jist concentrate. Think about something that would bring me pain. Maybe a kick or a punch, anything."

Yerim hesitated and sighed. She looked at him for awhile before nodding. "Fine."

She then closed her eyes. She tried to think of the least painful thing so that she wouldn't hurt him much. Yerim reopened her eyes and narrowed her eyes at him. He looked determined, positive about her powers. He smiled a bit so she could feel reassured. He felt the light pain of a slap on the cheek. He chuckled again. "Sweetheart, you can do better than that. Come on, hurt me."

As his hands were motioning for her to go harder she pictured the worst thing that could happen to a man. He immediately grabbed his ia and bowed. Her hand went to as she got closer to him.

"Oh mu god. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-"

Wonwoo shook his head quickly. "Don't worry. I just, I'll just go to the bathroom." He left in a rush as she felt guilty.

"I'm sorry!" She yelled.

Yerim sighed and walked to where Sooyoung was sitting with ice around her ankle. Sooyoung laughed at her. "What was that?"

"Don't even ask." She felt embarassed. "What happened to you?" She was curious to what had happened to her friend's injured foot.

"Oh, I fell down the stairs, no biggie." She brushed it off but her leg looked really swollen.

"You sure?" Yerim insisted.

Sooyoung nodded. "Absolutely. Look. Unnie is fighting Hojong." She pointed at them who were only a few feet away.

Yerim turned to look at the scene and it was true, Joohyun was fighting Hojong and was winning, pinning him to the ground. Her hands held down his arms as her legs locked his so he wouldn't move an inch. 

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2... 1, Hojong out." The guard yelled while Hojong tried to get out of her hold unsuccessfully.

Joohyun smirked at her opponent when the time was over and got up reaching out her hand to help him get up. 

"I'm impressed." Hojong brushed his clothes and they neared the other girls, Sooyoung and Yerim who were sitting down, as another couple prepared to stand on the mattress to start another fight. "You are great at physical fighting. I think you're ready."

Joohyun looked at him and felt proud of herself, she smiled. "Thanks."

"You were great out there." Sooyoung cheered her when they were only a few feet from her and Yerim. She and the older girl high fived and Joohyun turned to Yerim.

"How are you feeling?"

"Hum, great, I guess. Prince Wonwoo has been helping me with my powers since his father has been busy with gathering warriors from the Space Kingdom to join our side." Yerim blushed a little.

Joohyun and Sooyoug shared a look and smirked at each other. Before they could comment on her blush, King Kibum came running to them.

"Girl, Hojong." He was breathless from running.

Everyone that saw the King coming bowed to him. "Your highness." Hojong greeted him. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything was doing great but the people are getting anxious. I just got a message from your father that some people have been wanting answers about what's happening." Kibum sighed. "Time Kingdom people are very determined, as you know. It's only a matter of time before the rest starts asking for explanations. We have to act fast if we want them on our side."

Joohyun nodded slowly. "What do we do then?"

"We'll have to tell them the truth."

"What do you mean the truth?" Sooyoung looked confused.

"I mean, not the whole truth. We'll tell them what they need to know. That some bad men have been killing humanes to start a genocide and that the only way to stop them is to join us on the golden moon and fight for our Kingdoms."

"What about me?" Yerim got up. "Will you explain about me?"

Kibum sighed. "I wish we could. But not right now sweetie. We still can't reveal Bohyun as the evil mind behind all this. We need proof to have the people's full trust. But don't worry. When the time comes you will be treated as the righful heir to the Reality throne."

Yerim nodded at him without meeting his eyes. Joohyun looked worried at her. "Are you okay?"

This called Yerim's attention, making her look at Joohyun and she forced a smile. "Sure. I'm just going to get some air. Excuse me." Yerim bowed to the King and headed outside. 

Joohyun looked around and then at Sooyoung. "Where's Minyoung?"

"Training, I guess." Sooyoung shrugged.

A few seconds later they heard some yelling and they turned to look at what was happening. Minyoung was fighting five guards all by herself. Sooyoung quickly got up and, even with her limp foot she marched over there. She put her hand on her hips but nefore she could start scolding the men for fighting with a ten-year-old little girl, one of them was being thrown out of the palace window.

Sooyoung's eyes widened, Joohyun and Hojong joined her and stood there shoked looking at the petite girl. "How- what... Goddess gracious." Hojong tried to form a sentence.

All of a sudeen Minyoung was floating and kicking those guys asses all by herself. "That's my girl!" Sootoug cheered on her sister and clapped almost loosing her balance, Joohyun helped her stay still.

"I can't believe this." Joohyun stared at the unconscious bodies of the guards on the floor. "She is incredible."

Sooyoung nodded looking at her girl. Minyoung brushed her clothes and searched for her sister in the crowd. When she found Sooyoung she came running up to her. "Unnie! Did you just see that? I kicked their asses good, didn't I?"

Sooyoung got down to hug her and squeezed her tightly. "Of course you did, honey." She caressed the girl's back. "You did amazing."

Joohyun chuckled at their interaction. She stiill thought of Yerim and how pale she looked. She started to worry. Joohyun looked around for her and saw Yerim walking.

As Yerim went away she saw Seulgi fighting with a female guard. Seulgi waved at her once she saw Yerim and was pinned to the ground when she lost her focus. Yerim's hand went to in surprise and she continued her walking so she wouldn't distract Seulgi again.

She was passing the door to the garden when she bumped into someone. She looked up to find Seungwan. "Oh, sorry." Seungwam chuckled. "Hey, are you alright?" She asked noticing Yerim's pale expression.

"Yeah, it must've been something I ate, I just need some air."

Seungwan nodded. "Of course, want me to come with you?"

Yerim shook her head. "No, it's fine. I'm just going to take a walk by myself."

She then started walking again. saying goodbye to Seungwan who still looked worried about the girl but let it slide this once. Maybe she just needs some time alone, Seungwan thought.

Yerim followed the pathway to the garden and sat down at a bench. In front of her was a pretty fountain. She stared at all the flowers. She knew this was King Kibum's personal garden. He was very passionate about his herbs and flowers. It was so colorful and peaceful, she thought that she could spend the whole day there.
She felt so suffocated. Yerim knew it was what they had to do but sometimes she felt as if she should just run and escape everything. She thought her adult life was going to be peaceful, maybe find a nice house and a good job. Someday she could get married and have kids, but no. She had to be the princess to some hidden Kingdom she had just learned about. She hadn't told the other girls but she had actually asked Wonwoo explain to her more about the Reality Kingdom.

She was so lost in her thoughts, she didn't see Wonwoo sitting down beside her. "Hey, Yerimie." She was so startled that she fell off the bench. "Goddess, I'm sorry, are you okay?" He helped her get up.

"You can't just creep up on people like that." She scolded him.

"At least now we're even." He smirked at her.

Yerim blushed deeply as her expression softened. "Look, I'm very sorry about earl-"

"It's alright. That's what I wanted from you. I asked for the pain. And when we fight those guys I want you to bring more 200% of that." He chuckled.

She bowed her head thinking about the inevitable fight. "I don't know about that."

"What?"

"I mean, of course I want to fight for the Kingdoms and against Bohyun." She looked at him. "I don't know if I can handle this. I just arrived at this world and now I have to fight for it. It's too much."

Wonwoo hugged her by the side. "I know it can be tough. But I know you'll be brilliant at what you do. And whatever happens there, no matter the outcome, I want you to be proud of your accomplishments. It's important to be confident in your powers to use them better. I know you'll be amazing." He smiled at her.

She mimicked his smile and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Is this too much?"

Wonwoo tried not to grin widely and shook his head. "It's fine." He sighed. " You can make it. You and the girls. You are just fine on your own, don't worry. The Goddess is on your side."

She looked at him again and smiled. "Thank you, for everything really."

"You're welcome." His grin was from ear to ear. "And, if it helps, I believe in you, I think you're meant for great things."

Yerim blushed and quickly hid her face from him by leaning her head on his shoulder once more.

"I hope you're right."

 

 

AN: Hello cutiepies! The girls are getting ready for the fight! It's almost golden moon guys! I hope you're ready for the next chapters!

Follow me on @goblins2ndbride and @lenisqueen (twitter) and @lenisqueen (instagram).

Please comment and share!

See ya friday

Love ya cutes, stay awesome ☺️