Chapter 8

Let Just Be Happy

(Jessica POV)

“Seobang, where are we going?” I impatiently asked her as she drives the car. We had decided to make it a free day for us today. She took leave from café and so am I. I liked our random outings, but today is not random because I am celebrating my birthday.

 

I totally forgot my birthday due to deadline of my designs. I barely spoke to her nor have proper dinner with her. I was busy day and night. When, I was disturbed in my sleep, as someone was kissing my face non-stop, I wanted to punch this someone. I groggily opened my eyes and was surprised that there were ‘happy birthday’ balloons floating on our ceiling. I sat up and saw scattered red and white rose petals and lighted up small scented candles with strawberry flavor. A bouquet of white lily was placed on my arms and my Seobang was holding a cake and wine in front of me. She sang me a birthday song very sweetly and I could not help but cried in happiness. She asked me to make a wish before I blow the candle.

 

‘Thank you heaven for letting me have Kwon Yuri as my Seobang, I am happy and I wish to be just happy together with her, forever’, as I mentally thought my prayers. We shared the cake and wine very quickly and lay back to sleep. I placed my head on her arms while I hugged mine on her waist, she whispered her apology for waking me up earlier which was at 12 mid-night as she wanted to be the first person to greet me. She sweetly requested me to celebrate with her alone. And, whom am I to deny the person who gave me nothing but happiness.

 

We had decided to go back to the beach where we unknowingly shared our first sunrise together. But, the highway that she driving is not heading to the place I am expecting to be. She drove in a place like subdivisions that full of houses. Hmm, beautiful houses. Mostly are two-storey-house. Maybe we are visiting someone first or she have to get something from someone who lives here.

 

“You are ever so impatient I am only driving for like, 15 minutes, anyway, we are here”, she said then stopped the car in front of a simple but cute two-storey-house, Mediterranean style. She got out of the car and proceeded on opening mine. She offered her hand and I took it.

 

“Whom we will be visiting? I did not know you have friends living here.” I commented, as I got of the car. She chuckled. She suddenly left me standing while she go ahead in front of the door and face me again and spread her arms.

 

“My Princess, surprise!!! This is my birthday gift to you.” she shouted, smiling at me. I look at her then look-up on the two-storey-house, then back to her.

 

“Welcome to our new mini castle. It has 3 bedroom + 2 bathroom. I figured that maybe you can convert the 1 room on the ground floor into your office. The other could be a guess room for our visiting friends and family. Then, of course our master bedroom, it has small walk-in closet, good for your sooo many things. Our apartment is getting smaller with all your things”, she blabber while she is looking at me. “So, what do you think? I am sorry if it is not bigger as maybe your family house but this is all I could afford”, she apologetically look at me. I launch myself to her, hug her and kiss her passionately hard. She smiled in our kisses. 

 

“How much did you earn on your forex and stock trading that you can afford to give me a new house as a birthday? Uhhh?” I asked after a long passionate kiss. I have confirmed her investment on stocks market or her doing the forex trading when I had fought with her due to her lack of attention while I was talking to her on one of our lazy day, I was newly living with her by then. She only replying me with her ‘hmm’ and ‘okay’ while looking into her tablet. I got irritated and grab her tablet and checked what make her so busy that I could not have her full attention. I saw graph and table instantly, I recognized what she was doing. My ex-boyfriend also do this. So, when she was quiet and holding her laptop or tablet, I do not disturb her anymore.

 

“Just enough to pay in full, hey, I am saving, you know”, she answered me, hugging me back. “Would you like to tour the inside of our castle, my princess”, she asked me in her royal voice. I giggled on her act then she open the door.

 

“Seobang???” I looked at her with questioning eyes as we entered the empty living room. It seems the whole house was empty. She giggled on me.

 

“How about you do the interior design and we do the shopping on our spare time, no rushing”, she casually said to me while she stands in the middle of the living room. I suddenly jump and kiss her hard again. I smile to her after. I could not wait to start designing our mini castle as she called. My head suddenly spinning for the over flowing ideas.

 

“You do love kissing me, uhh”, she said again. “Hey, are you okay?” she nudges me when I stayed silent.

“Uhh”, I snapped off my thoughts and looked at her. I smiled again. “My head is getting dizzy for the designs I want for this living room.”

 

 “Come on, tour me, I could not wait to see all the parts of our mini castle”, I giggled with my term of castle. I took off my cellphone and start taking pictures. She giggled also and just back-hugs me.

 

We spend the next few days shopping and arranging our mini castle. I have insisted to her that we move immediately, as soon I had done with the pictures that day, I asked her to pack our personal things in our apartment and better stayed here. I convinced her to give up the apartment by saying that she would save from rental fee, and also sell some of the furniture like the bed as I wanted king size. I told her that we should enjoy the emptiness of our castle before it got flooded with furniture. She just laughed with my weirdness. It took us 2 weeks before our castle got fully furnished as both of us have job to attend especially hers and I only went to shopping and choosing the right furniture if she was with me.

 

“Seobang, after your grocery, could you pick-up our cake at Yoona’s”, I shouted from the kitchen. “She will be late coming later due to her rescheduled photo shoot”, I added. Yoona had decided to put a pastry and cakes shop and it was successful. But she still do some part-time modelling as the payment was good. She claimed that her part-time gig help her save more and start her dream of cake shop. Taeyeon is currently looking for replacement of Yoona.

 

“Sure. Anything else.” Seobang appeared in-front of me and quickly kissed me.

 

“Hurry up, I will miss you”, I sweetly cooed on her. Today is our mini castle’s house warming party. She kissed me again and let me go.

 

“Yes, ma’am”, then she off to go.

 

After few minutes, our doorbell rang. Ding-dong. Ding-dong. Ding-dong.

 

“You guys are early”, I chirped in to Taeyeon and Tiffany.

 

“Yoona asked us to pick-up the cake”, Taeyeon said. I immediately called my Seobang, but only her voice mail answered, so I just leave a message, “Hi, Seobang. Taeny couple is here and have brought the cake, so no need to go to Yoona’s. Hurry with your grocery and come back home, I miss you already, mwah, I love you.”

 

“Ohh, grrrhhh, so sweet of you, Jess”, Tiffany said and cringing on the side.

 

“Tae-tae, I want a house too”, Tiffany sweet-talking with Taeyeon while looking around our mini-castle.

 

“I like your house interiors, modern-classic-minimalist”, Tiffany looked at me and game me thumbs up.

 

“Please help me with interiors once we have our own house”, she kept looking around and opened my office room. “Only your kitchen is modern”, she commented. “Hmmm”, I only hummed to her.

 

“Tiff, our neighboring house is selling the property, they migrating to Australia soon as they just passed the examination and have decided to sell all their assets here in Korea. They thought it will take a while the processing. The wife is Canadian, the husband is Chinese, that’s why”, I informed Taeny about it, and they might get interested.

 

“Really, Tae-tae, what do you think? Would you want to neighbor with Yulsic couple?” Tiffany teasingly asked Taeyeon while looking up at me.

 

“Yah!!!” I pouted to her, while she just meronged me.

 

“Anything you need help, Jess”, Taeyeon asked me while waist-hugging Tiffany.

 

“Nope, I’m good”, I shook my head on her, “You can go there and inquire”, I added.

 

“Do you want to check now while we wait for others”, Taeyen asked while looking at her watch. They are surely early for a party. Well, I guessed they intend to help that’s why they are early. I currently doing some flower arrangement on the (foldable) table in our garage, as we have many guests, we have decided to buy foldable long table for such party as this. Soon, I will set up the plates, glasses and cutleries, then later the cooked food. There are still some cooking to be done but it is manageable by my Seobang.

 

“Are you sure, will you be oki, Jess, we came early to help”, Tiffany came to me and tried to help me with the arrangement but I took away the flowers from her then pushed her to Taeyeon and send them out of the garage. “Go, inquire, I cannot wait to be neighbors with you”, I said and meronged them.

 

“Yes, the selling amount is just the same as I bought this mini-castle, I meant our house”, Seobang said while timidly smile as she is used to call our house as mini-castle. “Lucky you that it was fully furnished already. It took us almost 2 weeks to fill in this mini--- house.”

 

“It’s oki, Yul. Just go with mini-castle”, Taeyeon giggled. “But, I think my Fany will renovate everything for the plans she’s been blabbering since we closed the deal”, she added.

 

“She wanted to paint the wall in pink”, I teased Taeyeon, then laugh. Taeyeon looked grimace with my statement.

 

“Hey, I was just joking”, I immediately said and stop laughing. She looked at me with lopsided smile.

 

“You got to be kidding me”, I realized her smile.

 

“My princess, Tiff wanted pink on walls, both inside and out”, my Seobang just confirmed my thoughts. I looked at Tiffany whose is smiling widely.

 

“Yah, you should ask Taeyeon for her opinion on colors. Pink is not the only color, you know, we have rainbows too”, I faced and told Tiffany my thoughts.

 

“Ohh, my Tae-tae loves me, she will just let me decide”, she confidently claimed. I looked at Taeyeon who just shrugged her shoulders. “Well, I am disposing the bed, the sofa, the table and chairs, even the fridge. They might have on it. I will sanitize the whole house”, Tiffany blabbered once again.

 

“ on fridge?” I asked in confused. How on earth they will do it in a fridge.

 

“Well, you know.” Tiffany simply waived her hand on me.

 

“Not everyone is adventurous as you both”, I pointed out to both of them.

 

“Do not tell me, you guys only do it on your bed? That is boring, Jess”, Tiffany exasperatedly stated, looking at me deeply. I kept my mouth shut. I was not able to counter her statement. Yuri and I have not done it, yet. We are not even officially committed. We have not talk about it. Sometimes, it is confusing how we will introduce each other on other people. But, she would consistently introduced me as “My Princess”, while she is “My Seobang”. Not girlfriend nor fiancée. Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows then widen her eyes later.

 

“You guys have not done it yet”, Tiff accused us.

 

“Well, I respect my Princess”, my Seobang immediately claimed. She held my hand and kissed it, then smiled at me. I smiled back and gave her a quick kiss.

 

“You meant I am not respecting my Fany”, Taeyeon countered, dangerously smiling. 1-2-3, she burst out laughing hard while holding her stomach. I pouted on both and fanned my face due to embarrassment.

 

“You guys live together, kissing and I love you’s for more or less a year already, you even have rings”, Taeyeon chuckled after her laughing fit. “I cannot believe this, you guys are the weirdest couple I ever met”, she added. My Seobang caressed my back, smiling affectionately at me. I felt relief with her caress and I smiled back at her. She looked so loving at the moment and suddenly I momentarily out of my mind and cannot help but kiss her passionately, again. I will never get tired kissing my Seobang.

 

“Ahem, excuse me, we are here”, Tiffany clapped her hands to get our attention. I embarrassedly separated myself from my Seobang and settled on holding her hand.

 

“We will video our adventures as soon as we have one, then we will send it to your doorstep. Would that be enough as peace offering for not having yet?” My Seobang smirked on both of them while tightening her hold on my hand. I could not help but blushed red on her statement.

 

The doorbell rung once again. Ding-dong, ding-dong, ding-dong. I guessed the rest of our friends are here. And our -less relationship was dismissed immediately.