Chapter 24

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

“So, we will be living in a condominium.” I was surprised that we would also leaving their house, right after her grandparents left and went back to Canada last night. She did not mentioned in our extended days in Uganda that she was living alone now in her condominium.

 

“I don’t live here anymore since you left”, her simple replied. She sat by the bed’s headboard and stared at me.

 

“It was not your father’s fault that I left. We had talked about this already. ” I reminded her. I stopped packing our things and sat beside her.

 

“Father still does not like you nor accept my relationship with you. I don’t want to give you reason to leave me”, she insecurely stated. I felt blaming myself but we have to move forward.

 

“Sica, your father might be hostile, but he is still civil. That is enough for now. In due time, he will accept us.” I confidently told her. She looked up to me and all I could do was to hug her.

 

“I am sorry if I run away, if I left you. I cannot promise anything right now as I had broken them when I left you, but I am thankful that you have given me another chance to keep them. So, we do the same to your father. We will not improve our relationship with him if we will leave far away.” I carefully explained to her. I felt her hug tighten as she pressed herself into me.

 

“I want us to be independent. I want to cook for you. I want us alone. I want our life in Korea.” She mumbled.

 

“Ohh”, my short replied. Now I understood her. “You missed carelessly walking in skimpy clothing and lingerie inside the house”, as I remembered then chuckled at her. I felt her nodded.

 

“Aigoo, my baby. Okay, we will have our adventure in your condominium”, I said as I caressed her arm. She laid her half body on me and hugged me by the waist.

 

“Our condominium.” She corrected me. I could feel her bosom and I was getting turn on as she pressed her face on my chest.

 

“Yes, our condominium.” I couldn’t agree more, as I devoured her lips passionately and caressed her back and thighs.

 

“Seobang, it’s almost lunch. Helper will be knocking soon”, I heard her mumbled between our kisses.

 

“Since when did we care for the time? Don’t worry, let’s make it quick. You badly.” As I started undress her.

 

“What did I do?” she stopped on kissing me but help me undress herself.

 

“You shut up and just kiss me”, I commanded her as I laid on top of her. She was about to protest but I quickly kissed her hard and no more words were said.

 

“Sooyeon, you and Yuri should often visit us, okay.” Her mother said while hugging Sica.

 

“We will, Mom”, I assured her when it’s my turn to hug her mother.

 

“How about every Friday night dinner?” Krystal flicked of her finger as she untangled herself from her Unnie.

 

“That is a brilliant idea, Krystal.” Her mother seconded the motion.

 

“Yeah, that would be fine. Seobang?” Sica looked at me.

 

“Yeah. We could do overnight or spend weekend here.” I agreed and suggested more.

 

“Okay. That is settled then”, her mother happily said.

 

“Dad, we are going.” I heard Sica casually said then hugged her father after.

 

“Take care both of you.” Her father hugged Sica affectionately.

 

“Hmmm”, all Sica could replied.

 

“See you next week, Sir.” I smiled and jokingly salute to him. He just nodded to me and awkwardness filled the moment.

 

“Okay. Yuri Unnie, expect me to crash on your place, so don’t be too naughty, okay.” Krystal stated that broke the silence.

 

“We better go now, Seobang.” Sica whined and went in the car first.

 

“Go ahead, Yuri. Take care both of you”, as her mother tapped me on my shoulder. I nodded and proceeded on the driver side of the car. I started the car and waved one last time to her family before I drove off.

 

“Surprise!!!” I was stunned as I opened the door to our condominium. The place was decorated with welcome home banner and balloons, then little buffet on the left side. My tears started flowing and immediately went to my family, my whole family and friends to hug and kiss them. I missed them so much.

 

“You little rascal. Protocol #89 is for emergency survival purposes only”, my Appa hit my head.

 

“But, good job though. We could not trace you.” Oppa proudly looked at me. I smiled and gave him another hug.

 

“I missed you, Umma”, I said as I sniffed.

 

“I missed all of you.” I sincerely said to them. Then, Appa and Umma went to veranda and I saw Abeoji, Halmeoni, Grandpa and Grandma by the veranda looking at us. I knitted my eyebrows on them.

 

“I thought we send them to airport last night”, I asked Sica.

 

“Well, you know, surprise”, she simply shrugged her shoulders and I could not help but kissed her. We engaged in passionate kiss that we momentarily forgot our family. A knock separated us and Sica casually opened the door, her Mom, Dad and Krystal came in with more foods on hands. Thankfully Sooyoung and Yoona were quick to help them carry and place the food on the buffet table.

 

(Jessica POV)

“Sooyeon Dear, the plan was we will have lunch together here. It was past 12nn already. We decided to have lunch without you guys.” My Grandma curiously stated. I started to get embarrassed as I remembered what happened this morning. Yuri was uncontrollable that I started to doubt her ‘quick’ definition. I was actually tired and just wanted to rest and sleep but we had a surprise plan to execute.

 

“I called Krystal this morning, Grandma. But, Krystal said, ‘the couple is busy’”, as Tiffany quoted the last few words. I felt my face heated up and I heard Taeyeon and Seohyun chuckled while Yoona laughed. Yuri should be here. I should not be the only one getting embarrassed. I quickly scanned our place to look for Yuri, and there she is, happily talking with Oppa, Sooyoung, Sunny and Hyoyeon. She looked genuinely happy. I forgot that I was embarrassed. What important she was happy with their surprise welcome home party.

 

The party was forcefully ended around 11pm as the elders could not stay up any longer. Krystal does not want to go home but Mom was persistent on giving us privacy. Our friends decided to stay with us and continued the party but Krystal did not allow it and they leaved of no choice but went back to the hotel. Yuri and I escorted them down until the condominium parking lot where my family parked and the hotel cars that were waiting for our friends.

 

“Finally, at peace”, as I laid on the couch.

 

“Come on, let’s have quick shower so we could rest.” I vaulted off the couch as I heard Yuri.

 

“It’s okay. You go ahead first. I will shower later”, as I tried to busy myself on cleaning the stuffs of the party.

 

“What is wrong with you? Come on. We will just shower.” She insisted as she tried to stop me from cleaning and dragged me into the bathroom.

 

“No, Yuri. I am very tired and your ‘quick’ word is very dangerous.” I struggled on her hold and able to escape. She smirked after she understood my statement.

 

“I am also tired, Sica. Let’s do the cleaning tomorrow. We will just have shower and sleep immediately. Promise.” We shared a long staring contest but I doubted her big time. She heaved a long sigh and gave up. She leaved me alone and went inside the bathroom. As soon I heard the shower, I breathe of relief and laid on the edge of the bed.

 

I woke up very thirsty and about to get up when an arm stopped me. I realized I was cleaned and wearing a set of pajamas. I looked up and smiled at Yuri. My Seobang is the best. I carefully untangled her arms around me and proceeded to the kitchen. I was shocked that our place was cleaned; except for the welcome home banner and balloons that still hanging on the wall. After drinking water, I went back to our bedroom. It’s 5am, as I checked the bedside clock. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. Now, I felt much better as I smiled myself on the mirror.

 

“Why are you up so early?” I was startled when she suddenly spoke while I laid again on the bed.

 

“I was thirsty. Then, I felt brushing my teeth.” I simply explained and settled my head on her arms. She suddenly kissed me and felt her tongue roaming inside my mouth.

 

“Yeah, your mouth so fresh now.” And kissed me one more time then hugged me.

 

“Thank you for the surprise welcome home party”, she said sincerely.

 

“You deserve it”, I smiled at her as she looked deeply on me.

 

“I love you. Let’s sleep more”, as she yawned and comfortably settled her arms around my waist.

 

“I love you too”, while I settled my head on her chest and closed my eyes.