Chapter 16

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

I had been working for more than a month already and my Princess does not know yet. We would talk about our jobs/work and she thought that I worked directly in an agency. Thankfully, her building was on the other side of the compound. There were 3 buildings interconnected with each other. She and Krystal offices were on the building 2 while mine was on building 3 and we had different street and entrance. She would insist on sending me off to work, but I would reason that the agency was opposite of her way and it would only tire her. But, sometimes, I would surprise her by waiting at the parking lot. I did not have my driving license yet and I would always take a cab.

 

“Guess who I saw this morning”, I heard Robert, my officemate joyfully asked no one in particular. I saw him approached a small crowd of our officemates. I checked the time and we still have 15-minutes.

 

“Natalie Portman?” Jason, our nerd officemate answered.

 

“Nah!!! Ms. Jessica Jung!!!” I stiffened on the mentioned name.

 

“I saw her in the cafe. She ordered take out coffee. I was next in line after her. She’s really beautiful and her body, I was so closed to touch her .” I clenched my jaw on what I heard from him. No doubt, he’s a certified maniac of the group.

 

“I heard that she is married already”, Lisa casually informed them. I listened carefully on their conversation. I pretended in cleaning my table.

 

“Is it with Kris?” I heard Jason asked.

 

“No, they broke up more than a year ago. They said that it was chaos at the 2nd building”, Jenny stated.

 

“Well, there were rumors spreading since she came back. They said she is gay now and her girlfriend is also came here in U.S.”, Lisa added while tapping her chin.

 

“I heard that too”, Jenny affirmed Lisa’s claimed.

 

“Well, she is the epitome of beauty in the business district here San Francisco, men and women alike would show interest even she was committed already by then”, I could not agree more with Robert’s statement. 

 

“What do you think, Yuri? You had been quiet but I know, you are listening.” I heard Jenny asked and I looked at them.

 

“And I never thought that you guys have so much interest with Ms. Jung’s life. She will definitely fire the 5 of you for talking behind her back.” Our supervisor, Ms. Michelle, appeared out of nowhere and sternly said, “Get back to work”. I mentally thanked her and the 4 gossipers’ officemate dispersed immediately and went back to each station.

 

I saw my supervisor holding a small box containing folders. She was having a hard time to hold it while she talked on the phone. I made signed language if she needed help. She gave me the box and smiled thankfully to me but went back on talking on the phone. She got another box and took a folder then scanned briefly. She made a sign language to follow her which I did. But when I noticed that we were heading at the building 2, I started to have palpitation. ‘This is not good’, I thought and blamed myself for being too nice. I was so cautious while walking, looking left and right, looking-afraid to be caught.

 

We entered an elevator and she pressed 18th floor. She was still on the phone and by the time we got on the floor and now standing in front of a door, she hanged up and looked at me from head to toe as if scrutinizing my appearance.

 

“Okay, you looked smart today, Yuri-ah. You are serving very well our company.” She gave me a tap on my shoulder when the door open. Our manager appeared in front of us and motioned us to enter. My blood drained from my body when I saw Sica sitting at the end of the long table and looked shock seeing me but she immediately recovered and stared at me in amusement.

 

“Help me distribute the folders, Ms. Yuri”, Ms. Michelle whispered and nudged me to proceed. I mentally prayed that there was no Sica’s folder in my box. I cursed internally when all odds turned against me. I was holding the last folder and Sica has name on it. I placed the folder in front of her and as I looked at her, she was furiously staring with my hand or particularly with my fingers. I remembered I was not wearing any of our rings. Definitely the worst day of my life. And the hide and seek I had been playing was over.

 

(Jessica POV)

We were on a break from meeting and I tried to relax my head when Ms. Jennifer, the Accounting Manager approached the door and opened it. I was about to ignore it when 2 staffs entered and each holding a box. My eyes landed to Yuri’s. I was shocked but I composed myself immediately. One of the staff whispered something and nudged her, then went to distributing the folders. I stared at her and was amused with her different emotion on her face and eyes. But, my amusement was turned to madness when I noticed her ring less fingers.

 

By the time I had to go home, I saw her waiting by the side of my car. I unlocked my car and she opened the driver’s seat for me. Once I was settled, she entered the passenger side and I drove the car. Our travel was very silent. I checked her fingers and saw the rings. I mentally checked for how long she has been working with the company. More than a month of lying. I felt hurt, sad and betrayed on the thought of it and could not help but shed tears. She saw me wiped my tears. She tried to reach for my face but I retracted. I slowed down my car and park on the highway shoulder. I cried helplessly on the thought of her betrayal. It hurt so much that I could not breathe properly. I went out of the car as I felt very suffocating to be inside with her. I tried to calm myself and when I did, I went back inside and continued driving.

 

We looked miserable by the time we reached home. My greetings with Mom was curt and she looked curiously over me and Yuri but did not say anything. When we reached our room, I went to the bathroom and opened the shower. I showered while crying, again. I did not know how long I was inside until I heard her knock and informed me about the dinner. I tried to put concealer on my swollen eye bags and dropped some eye cleaner to lessen the redness. All through-out, Yuri was silent and only looking at me.

 

We ate in silence and quick. Nobody dared to drop a word. I heard Krystal heaved a loud long sigh right after we left the table. After brushing my teeth, I laid straightaway and was back facing her. Due to physical, mental and emotional tiredness, I was easily on the edge of drowsiness when I felt her hug on me. She carefully put her arm under my head and the other on my waist. I had no energy to refuse and let my face pressed on her chest.

 

“I am sorry, Sica-baby. Forgive your stupid Seobang”, I heard her whispered. She confessed and told me in details on how she ended up working in the company. She apologized and asked for forgiveness one last time before she kissed my lips.

 

“Good night, my Princess. I love you. Sleep tight”, then hugged me tight. I circled my arms around her waist, then hugged her back. I felt in contentment with our hugs and finally let myself sleep in her arms.

 

When we woke up the following day, she was intently staring at me in a full loving concern and boldly trying to give me a morning kiss which she always did. But, I averted my eyes and so my face when I recalled the events from yesterday. I immediately went to the bathroom and start preparing myself for work. It finished early in getting ready and I just waited for her. We were about to go out of the room when she suddenly spun me around, held my face then kissed me passionately. I kissed her the same passion though. We were both breathing heavily after and tried to fix each other’s lipstick.

 

“Good morning. I am sorry again. I love you.” She uttered lovingly and intertwined our hands. I did not reply anything to her, however, she looked at me with understanding eyes.  

 

We went downstairs for breakfast and another silent meal. Nobody dared again to comment. I knew from their curiosity eyes, they wondered what was going on. But, they just kept silent and observed only.

 

As I drove the car, another silence enveloped us. Her story last night was interesting but I could not find my voice to comment or say something. I parked my car on the usual spot. She quickly got out of the car and opened mine. I was about to walk ahead when she hold my hand. She looked restless but I just looked at her blankly, but I let her hold my hand. I was determined of giving her silent treatment and for how long, I, myself did not know.

 

I felt her fidgeted when I led the walking to building 3. She heaved a sigh the moment we entered the lobby of her building. Everyone were literally stop on what they were doing and stared on us, from our face to our hands. I could not careless, but I was glad of wearing an eyeshades. However, Yuri was pretty embarrassed as per her red face. I confidently walked to what I thought the way to her department, but, she tugged my hand and led me to a corner with biometric devices. She quickly placed her finger to scan. Of course, she would have her time-in attendance first. Her station was no different from others. Beside the computer screen was a small frame of printed hands. It was our hands, intertwined and wearing our rings. ‘Cute’, I thought.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Jung”, Ms. Jennifer greeted me. I saw her promptly went out of her room and approached me. “Anything we could help you with?” she asked while looking back and forth between me and Yuri.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Jennifer”, Yuri stood up properly and bowed a little her head.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Yuri”, the manager smiled sweetly and patted Yuri’s shoulder. I raised my eyebrows to that.

 

“Well, Ms. Jung, anything you need?” she asked.

 

“Nothing, Ms. Jennifer. I am just escorting my significant life partner here.” I casually replied. Yuri smiled lopsidedly, while the manager was taken aback and unable to say anything.

 

(Yuri POV)

“Yah!!! Daebak!!!” Someone squealed from afar, I looked up and saw Krystal smiling widely at us. She approached us faster and gave her sister a kiss on the cheeks first then hugged me. I was not able to react properly on Sica’s claimed being her significant life partner, now, her sister would come and hugged me out of nowhere, as if we were not seeing each other every day. The Jung sisters were tremendously creating entertainment here in my department.

 

“You are sneaky, Yuri Unnie”, she happily stated. I guessed news travels faster than I thought and revelations would continue. I heard murmurs continued and getting louder. Employees were piling up by the doorway of the department.

 

“Our apologies if we are causing troubles at the moment, my sister and I will leave now”, my Princess spoke seriously and looked by the doorway. Employees were quickly dispersed. The manager was still speechless and just nodded her head in return to Sica.

 

“Let’s go Soojung”, Sica looked at me blankly and took Krystal hand. Her sister was not able to say anything but grinned and winked at me. And, we were left in silence.