Chapter 7

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

Our friends have decided to spend Christmas on Jeju Island. Tiffany and Yoona claimed that by their modelling agency were given them complimentary coupons to stay 3 days and 2 nights at JSJ Beach & Resort. Each of them could bring 3 more persons. We extended to 5 days & 4 nights and will just chip-in for the excess.

 

“Come on, my Princess, get up, we will be late in our flight”, as I tried to wake her up by kissing her. Our flight is at 9am but its 8am already. I have done preparing everything including packing so my princess would only think and prepare herself. But, she could not wake up at the moment despite my kissings. I pitied on her already. She was very busy since December entered. I offered my help on her accounting duties but ended on making-out. Since then, she does not want my help as she claimed me as a distraction only. Last night, I slept late but her still wide awake and typing furiously on her laptop. I wondered what time did she sleep.

 

“Taeyeon, you guys go ahead first at Jeju, we will just follow, Sica is still sleeping”, as I went out of the room then called and informed Taeyeon.

 

“You should not do any night activity prior to your flight departure”, she teasingly said and laughed.

 

“Yah. We did not. She is just very busy these days”, I seriously claimed.

 

“Okay, see you at Jeju, make sure you guys will not bail on us”, she said in serious tone too.

 

“We will come. She’s excited about going to Jeju. She was a teenager when they had last vacation there. I will just let her sleep and rest longer. I will call or message if anything”, I said to her while I peeked inside the room. My Princess was now hugging my pillow. I smiled unconsciously on that.

 

I felt someone kissing my cheeks, I opened my eyes and there, my Princess, freshly showered and dressed. I fell asleep while browsing and reading some international magazine. I found out that her fashion line was being featured. No wonder, she was extra busy these days. I looked on our wall clock, its 1pm.  She kissed me upside down first and gestured to get up.

 

“Go, freshen-up, let’s have late lunch first then airport, okay”, she said lovingly to me.

 

“Hello, Taeyeon, sorry, I just saw your missed calls. Wae? Any problem”, I asked while pouring some mayo sauce on my salad.

 

“Where are you? Is Jess with you?” she asked.

 

“We are at Wendy’s, eating late lunch first then will proceed to airport after. She is here. Why?” I answered and questioned her back.

 

“Did you know that she owns the resort that we will be staying? All the rooms were upgraded automatically when they have checked and confirmed that a ‘Jessica Jung Sooyeon’ was part of the guest lists. We will have Deluxe and Executive Suite, while you guys will have Presidential suite” she informed me.

 

“Ohh, I did not know that”, I simply answered her and forked my salad.

 

“Anyways, we will talk once you guys are here. Bye.” And she ended the call just like that. She did not even wait for me to say my goodbye.

 

“Sica-baby, did you own a resort at Jeju? Our Deluxe room was upgraded to Presidential Suite”, I casually told her. She halted on eating and drink instead.

 

“What resort again did you guys booked?” she asked and continued on eating.

 

“JSJ Beach & Resort, the modelling agency of Tiffany and Yoona gave them complementary coupons to stay at the resort, remember?” I answered her after I swallowed my salad.

 

“I did not own JSJ but JSY just beside, Mother gave me and Krystal respective resorts”, she denied and confirmed ownership of another resort.

 

“Ohh, no wonder that the 2 resorts are like twinning on their respective websites”, I told her. “Though the concept of your rooms or the resort itself are quite opposite to each other, the websites are confusing.” I honestly told her.

 

“I have discussed it already with Krystal, it would not be good for the marketing but she is stubborn”, she simply explained.

 

“Are we not hiring security for you, I am dating an affluent woman on my sleeves”, I teasingly eyed her.

 

“I do not need a security, my butler is enough for me”, she teasingly smirked at me. She eyed me flirtatiously.

 

“Oh, finish your food now and let’s proceed to airport”, I kicked her foot under the table and she laughed at me.

 

“Yah, come on. Stop laughing and finish your food”, as I took her fork and feed her.

 

(Jessica POV)

As I went out of the bathroom, I saw my Seobang unpacking our luggage. I approached and helped her. She already did the packing, and I will not allow that she will still be the one to do the unpacking. She is pampering me too much. She was surprised then tried to stop me from helping her, and insisted that I should be resting or go and mingle with the rest. We saw our friends in the nearby restaurant having snack. But, we just gave them a signed language that we will check-in first.

 

“Kwon Yuri, when I said that you are my butler, I was joking, okay. At least let me help you. You did the packing already. I have hands and they are functioning well.” I told her while I zipped off the other luggage and unpacked our things. I held a batch of shirts when something fell off. I recognized the jewelry gift bag that sharing the same color of the blue box tied in white satin ribbon inside the package. My breath hitched. I looked up at her and she briskly picked up the jewelry gift bag. I was speechless and I opened my mouth to say something but ended up closing. I could not think the right words to say. My heart irregularly and uncontrollably beating faster and faster.

 

“It’s Sooyoung. She asked me to keep it for the meantime”, she quickly said but did not look at me. I could tell when she was lying or telling the truth. And, she was a terrible liar, she could not even do ‘white lies’. She’s the most honest person I ever met in my lifetime.

 

I sat on a chair and watched her as she finished the unpacking. We were very silent. After few minutes of unpacking and arranging of our things inside the closet, she faced me holding the jewelry gift bag. She heaved a long sigh. She kneeled in front of me.

 

“I guessed mishaps do happen and that cannot be helped”, she started. Oh my cheese cake, this girl will be the death of me.

 

“This should be a surprised gift. But, well, I cannot afford that you will not be talking to me for the next 2 days”, she continued. ‘So, she was planning to give it to me on Christmas, perhaps on midnight’, I silently thought to myself. She was smiling and I focused my undivided attention to her. She took out the blue box from the jewelry gift bag. Removed the white satin ribbon and took a velvet box. Time suddenly felt so slow then stop when she opened the box. She held the box in front of me.

 

“I could only say I love you and I promise to love you in my lifetime”, she shortly and lovingly looked at me. She removed the rings from the box and slipped one into my ring finger; and was about to put hers on her own when I stopped and snatched the ring from her.

 

“And, I love you the same, and promise to love you in my lifetime”, I slipped the ring on her. We sealed our promise with a kiss that became passionately heated overtime. I hugged her after, and looked onto my Tiffany (Diamond) Promise Ring.