Chapter 5

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

It was another Monday morning, and oddly, we have very few customers. Hyoyeon came in with two beautiful women. She introduces the one with black hair as Kahi, her co-instructor in the studio. While, the tall one, is Nana, cousin of Kahi, who is a make-up artist. They ordered take-out coffee and sandwiches and left immediately but Nana was left and stayed with us. Since, we have very few customers, we were able to have a chit-chat. We found out that she was recently in bad break-up with the same gender, in short, she is also a lesbian. She is bubbly and out-spoken. She immediately shown her interest in me, which I shrugged and laugh off. But, the embarrassing was, it has been 3 days, she would be bringing me flowers and food, it was like courting me. She would wait for my shift to end and send me home. I frankly told her that I am straight and to stop flirting with me. It was uncomfortable especially if Jessica was in the living room, she has giving me now cold shoulders for unknown reason.

 

Nana stops all her antics but from time to time would be still flirting with me if there is a chance. It was our usual Friday night out and we have decided to spend in Jessica’s resort. We have our bonfire and decided to have a little common game, truth or dare.

 

“So, Taeyeon, truth or dare?” Hyoyeon asked after the bottle pointed to Taeyeon.

 

“Truth”, Taeyeon simply answered.

 

“How many rounds you and Tiffany can do you-know?” Sooyoung asked immediately. “You guys think the truth questions will be easy, think again”, Hyoyeon saluted Sooyoung. “If you lied and we are not satisfied with your answer, u have to drink the 2 shots”, Yoona added, clapping while laughing. The combination of the three spells trouble for us.

 

“So, Taeyeon, how many?” Sooyoung wiggled her eyebrows to Taeyeon.

 

“I do not know, we do not count, do we, Fany?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany who is in deep shade of red due to embarrassment. “Why would you be interested in our ual life? As if you guys do not have’, Taeyeon casually said.

 

“Why would we have? We are not in a relationship”, Sooyoung defended.

 

“How about you, Yoona?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“No, I do not have, Taecyeon and I have separated for a while already, we decided to be just friends”, Yoona explained. Wow, we do not know that. So, that was the reason why we were not seeing Taecyeon anymore. “Yah, why I am being asked, go drink the shots, vague answer is not an excuse, go”, we all agree nevertheless.

 

Taeyeon drink the shots and spin the bottle. It pointed to Tiffany. “Truth, I still believe dare is more dangerous’, Tiffany chirped.

 

“Everyone knows you love Taeyeon, but aside from her, who could be a prince charming for you.” Hyoyeon asked. The question is dangerous, with the frankster controlling this games, I could smell disaster nearby.

 

Tiffany kissed Taeyeon first and said, “Yuri, she is gentlewoman and kind, caring and loving friend”, she kissed again Taeyeon, maybe to avoid insecurities and jealousy. I saluted the couple for their great love for each other. I suddenly feel envious with the two. I heard a lot of “Ohhhss” from others, and Taeyeon just give me a smile, as if telling me, its oki, I know my girl. Everyone approved and the game continuous. The bottle landed next to Sooyoung.

 

“Dare”, she simply said. “We want you to do the chicken dance on your knees with fried chicken in your mouth, dance in 360 degrees around the bonfire”, Taeyeon smirk vengefully and ready her phone. I do a mental note not to cross with Taeyeon. We all laugh hard with Sooyoung as she started her dare.

 

Jessica almost fell off the branch we were sitting due to laughing, thankfully I was quick and able to put my arms around her. “You oki”, I asked. She nodded and said simple, “Thank you.” She got better mood this past few days and start small talk with me again. “I miss you, Yuri”, she whispered and look at me. “I miss you too, SIca”, I replied back and patted her head. I caressed her back, while she put hers arms on my waist. I guessed, we made up.

 

The game continues and I had my fair share of embarrassment, as I have to act my dare, as a monkey begging for food for at least to an outsider. Hyoyeon is hilarious in giving dare challenges.

 

“Truth”, a simple but predictable from Jessica. We kinda anticipated that she will have the “truth”.

 

“So, Jessica, how many rounds you can do with Yuri?” Hyoyeon repeated the question that was thrown first to Taeyeon. The frankster trio high-five each other. As if they have asked a difficult question and would be hard for Jessica to answer, apparently, Jessica looked at them in-confuse and weirdly.

 

“We are not a couple to do , we do not even kiss”, she frankly stated a fact. Everyone were suddenly quiet and I heard the crackling of the woods on fire. Tik-tak-tok, tik-tak-tok. Tiffany suddenly clap her hands and laughing. Taeyeon have to pat her back for too much laughing. Jessica looked more confused. I just pat her head and embraced her.

 

“Wow, u guys are really straight,” Yoona wincing like in pain.

 

“Oki, you trio, $200 each”, Taeyeon said.

 

“They do not believe us that u guys are just friends and straight plus only comfortable on each other, so they made a bet”, Tiffany is now wiping the tears from laughing. “Well, thank you, Jess, for the $600. I will treat you on our next shopping”, she added and clapped once again.

 

“That pretend couple is no fun”, Sooyoung complained.

 

Jessica spin the bottle and took a while before it stop, which is funny, it stop pointing on herself again.

 

“You should do dare, done with your truth, that is common rule, you will do 7 minute in heaven with your choice partner”, Sooyoung immediately stated. “With a twist, and will only reveal once you are inside the closet”, she added smiling.

 

“What kind of dare is that”, Jessica countered.

 

“You owe us very costly, so entertain us”, Hyoyeon butted in.

 

“It is not my fault that you have lousy truth question”, Jessica countered again.

 

“Dare is a dare, that’s the rule of the game, you cannot go truth twice if u have not done dare yet”, Sooyoung insisted.

 

“Oki”, Jessica looked up me. I breath-in to her beauty. She is extra beautiful tonight. Maybe I am drunk already.

 

We proceeded into our cottage that we will have our dare. The closet is small but enough to fit 2 persons, and we were not in a position to complain. A game is a game, everyone complied and it will be a killjoy if we did not follow. We might as well enjoy being inside and talk things that bothering us especially her that gave me cold shoulders few days ago. We went inside, and Sooyoung suddenly said “Strip down and hand-over us your clothes, since there is 2 of you, we will multiply the minutes by 2, so you will be staying inside for 15 mins.”

 

“Yah, grrrrhhh, when 7x2 become 15”, Jessica was losing her temper. I immediately put my arms around her and soothed her. We stripped off our clothes except for underwear, I challenged them if they wanted ours, and we might as well give them a good show. The trio got embarrassed with my statement. We are standing inside and we could still hear that they continue on playing.

 

“Yuri, I am tired standing”, Jessica complained and put her arms around my waist. I flinched with her sudden hug. ‘We are almost , Sica’, I thought to myself only. We might be sleeping together, but we are on our pajamas. It is my first time touching her bare body, beautiful body. And, it gives me goose bumps and fast beating heart.  I hope she will not notice it.

 

“Why you giving me cold shoulders this past few days. You do not talk to me. What have I done wrong?” I asked her while I put my arms around her waist too.

 

“Hmmm”, that was the only answer I heard from her. I did not push my question anymore and just hug her. Living with her for a while already, we learned to respect each other silence. We are honest and will open up once we are ready. We are frank and truthful, while we also learned to accept and respect each other flaws. There might be misunderstandings, but we immediately reconcile by treating each other whether we eat-out, buy each other favorite, go to amusement park, or accompany each other on shopping (which very positively advantage for Jessica, as she is also a queen together with Tiffany when it comes to shopping).

 

“I am jealous with Nana, I thought she will take you away from me”, she confessed in whisper. “The last time I checked, I am straight, am I not? And so are you, aren’t you?” she looked at me.

 

“It is confusing”, I honestly told her. This past few days, when Nana was flirting with me, I had thoughts that I felt like cheating behind Jessica’s back. She becoming more beautiful in my eyes. I am getting excited to come home and see her. I look forward to our late evening and early morning talks. If this is love, I am not sure yet how this relationship will work.

 

“You are mine. Only mine”, she whispered again. And like magic, our lips touched for the first time. We dared not to move. Just two lips touching. Minutes past. I inhaled deeply and try to move my lips. Our lips got in tensed. She opened , so I did. Our tongue found each other and engaged in a battle. We ended our passionate kiss as we are lacking of oxygen in our lungs. We hug each other contently, and forgot where we were. My body is getting numb as I open my eyes, I was sitting with my back on the wall while Jessica is fully hugging me in my front, also sitting. I checked the time with my watch, I guessed it is morning already. Suddenly the closet’s door opened, and apologetic faces of Taeyeon and Tiffany came to view.

 

“We are very sorry, Yuri, we totally forgot”, in rapid apology and explanation of Tiffany. I hushed them, as I do not want Jessica to wake up in this situation, she will go berserk if she will not wake up on her accord. Taeyeon give me towels to cover our bodies that I forgot we are still in underwear. But the pain of getting numb is unbearable, I shake Jessica and wake her up gently. She opened her eyes and glared up on me. I smiled painfully to her and she knitted her eyebrows on me. She looks on her side and realized our situation. She immediately stood up and helped me up.

 

“You are surely the sleeping princess. Wherever, whenever, however”, Tiffany laughed on Jessica.

 

“We are giving you 30 minutes to fix yourselves, we will have our breakfast, so come out when ready, oki?” Taeyeon stated.

 

“Okay”, as we nodded our heads. They left the room and we start preparing ourselves. When we are about to come out of the room, Jessica suddenly pull me to her and kissed me passionately. I kissed her back. After feeling lacking of oxygen, we separated and smile to each other. ‘I just kissed her twice and I like it’, I thought to myself. We held hands and went out finally to meet others for breakfast.

 

The group is not yet completed, with the missing of Sooyoung and Sunny. Yoona is whining already due to hunger. We have decided to knock on them out of their rooms. We checked Sunny’s room but it is empty. We are now standing and staring silently long at Sooyoung’s door. I believe there will be a big surprise behind this door. Nobody wanted to open it. Everyone are contemplating on what to do.

 

“They are deadly drunk but passionately kissing each other on their way back here last night”, Seohyun said.

 

“Hey, you came, must be very late as we did not see you last night”, I said to her.

 

“I miss the dinner and the game. I just proceeded to rest”, Seohyun smiled at me. “Jessica, are you oki, you looked sleepy”, she asked the girl in my arms.

 

“I am okay, just knock and open the door, so we could eat now, I am hungry”, Jessica simply stated.

 

“Why don’t you be the one to open the door?” Tiffany whispered, challenging her.

 

“Oki”, she removed her arms around me and proceeded on the door. She harshly knocked then opened the door immediately and shouted on the two.

 

“Wake up you two and get dress, ASAP. I am hungry, everybody are hungry waiting for you both”, Jessica said her short speech and turn around with deeply red face. We are all looking at the two persons in bed, they are and in a very compromising position. We rushly closed the door and left the room, but Taeyeon shouted once again, “We are giving you guys another 30 minutes but please dress up and we are late already for our breakfast”, before totally left the room.

 

We finally eating our breakfast and we are very silent. Our table is very silent, only the clacking of utensils against plates could be heard. Until Jessica said something, “So, Sooyoung, how many rounds you do Sunny?” she casually but coldly asked, staring at Sooyoung deeply, whose head is down, almost kissing the plate of food.

 

“It is embarrassing, right?” Jessica asked again, “You should not be asking this kind of question as this is very private and should not be laugh off”, she continued.

 

“Yuri, are u done with your food?” Jessica suddenly asked me sweetly. I nodded my head on her and take her hand as we stood up.

 

“Taeyeon, we will just walk along the shore, okay?” Jessica either asking permission or simply informing her about her intention. Taeyeon only nodded her head and shoo us with her hands. We left the table that still and awkwardly very quiet.