Chapter 3

Let Just Be Happy

(Jessica POV)

Krystal and I have spent the next couple of days talking, she’s updating me on the current situation in the U.S.. It was not as if we did not call each other on phone, but with her physical appearance here in front of me, that makes a big difference. She keeps talking and I looked at her in amusement. I full her to me and hug her tight.

 

“I miss you, Soojung, I really do miss you a lot”, I affectionately said to her as I tighten my hug on her. It was indeed a month since I left. I heard her sniffed. I caressed her back and untangled our arms, I wiped her tears and my tears too. I smiled to her.

 

“I miss you, Unnie, please ask me to stay with you here”, she said and more tears flown on her beautiful face.

 

“You would not want to stay with Unnie when you have Kai, that for sure lovingly waiting for you and will miss sooner than expected”, I sweetly accused her while giving her a pat on her head. She looked up me with gloomy eyes as I pointed out her left bf at home.

 

“It’s okay, I am doing unexpectedly great, honestly”, I told her sincerely and named ‘Kwon Yuri’ crossed my mind and I missed her now. It has been a week already.

 

“Do you want to meet my Yuri”, I asked her and she looked up on me excitedly.

 

(Yuri POV)

It has been a week since we met at the beach. She did not come to the café and I wondered why. When suddenly, I saw her entering the café with a gorgeous lady.

 

“May I have 1 Vanilla Latte, 1 Cappuccino, 1 Strawberry Cake, 1 Egg Sandwich”, then, “Hi, Yuri”, she greeted me after ordering and paying.

 

“Hello, Jessica”, Yoona who is currently in-charge in the cashiering suddenly look up on me with questioning eyes and I just shrugged it off. I do a mental note to make myself busy from today to avoid interrogation later on. I prepared the drinks and give it to smiling Donghae. I guessed he saw Jessica already.

 

“I cannot believe this, she gave me a smile, and can you believe that, a beautiful smile”, he boasted as he came back from serving.

 

“Did she talked to you?” Yoona asked.

 

“Nope, she smiled at me”, he dreamingly answered.

 

“Then, you owe me another $20 bucks” Yoona laughed heartily with much pounding on the counter.

 

“Hello, excuse me, Yuri, what time your shift ends?” Jessica comes to our counter and looked at my way. Yoona and Donghae are looking at me weirdly with eyes of accusation.

 

“4”, I looked on our wall clock, “1 hour more to go, why?”, I asked her.

 

“My sister and I will wait for you, let’s have dinner later, my treat, oki?”, she casually stated.

 

“Ohh, oki”, I simply replied to her and she went back to their table. So, the gorgeous lady is a sister of hers. Good genes really run well in their bloods. Suddenly, I felt daggers, digging at the back of my head, so I turn around and found Yoona and Donghae are dangerously looking my way.

 

“We did not know, you two are close, since when?” Donghae asked accusingly to me. I shrugged my shoulders to them.

 

“You owe us a story, spill, now”, Yoona interjected. I shrugged again.

 

“You really have no fun, Yuri Unnie”, Yoona complained as she went back to cashiering and get the order from newly entered customer. ‘Well, thank you, customer’, as I thought to myself.

 

As my shift ended, I was in my locker room to change to my normal attire from my uniform, when Yoona suddenly barged in and bombard me with questions.

 

“Are you two together? Come on, spill”, she asked, looking at me with dagger eyes.

 

“No”, I simply answered her.

 

“Why would she wait for you then have dinner later?” she asked again.

 

“I do not know”, I shrugged my shoulders, “I really do not know.”

 

“Well, a week ago, during my day off, we saw each other at the beach just outside the city, we had a little chit-chat, she is not bad, she is oki”, I honestly told her about the encounter.

 

“Ohh, you guys had a date a week ago… ahh, daebak, Yuri Unnie”, she concluded immediately.

 

“No, we just saw each other coincidentally, okay”, I corrected her, “Anyways, I have to go. They are waiting.” I went out while Yoona patting my shoulder and saying, “Good luck.” Why would I need good luck, we will just have dinner.

 

We had our dinner in another fine dining restaurant that serve good steak. It was my first time to dine in a very fine dining restaurant, and I am under dress, we are under dress. But, Jessica confidently went in and requested for a table of 3. The waiter immediately cater us and led us to a private room. I guessed they are known here. Then I learned, that the restaurant was owned by her auntie, sister of her father. I also learned that Krystal, her sister, will be leaving the following day to go back to U.S. Her sister just came to check/visit her Unnie, the reason of her being MIA for a week. It was a simple dinner and ended the night with a promise of accompanying on sending her sister to airport tomorrow morning. I immediately texted Taeyeon and asked permission for a leave, I have long messaged her about meeting Jessica and her sister, and I only got a reply of, “Oki, take care”, with lots of weird emoticons.

 

The following day, I went to their hotel that they were staying here in Seoul, and yet another surprise, they own the hotel, one of the tallest hotel here in city. I heard the staffs were gushing over the two beautiful American who currently staying at the penthouse. The staffs mentioned that the two are actually the daughters of hotel owner. I remembered Jessica casually mentioned before that their family engages in hotel businesses and other ventures. She did not tell the specific details of the business, which hotel here Korea, as I did not ask though. They currently more focused in U.S. based businesses as their parents wanted to live there. They just entrusted their businesses based here Korean mostly to their partners, relatives or very close friends. I figured she is a rich girl, well, she is beyond Ms. Richie Rich. She laughed at me when I called her, Ms. Richie Rich, when I casually mentioned about the information I heard from the staffs. She claimed that it’s her parents that are rich, not hers. Well, she have her own business, a fashion line but did not elaborate more. I would not be surprised if it is well-known brand internationally. She is not only beautiful but humble and kind, that made me admired her deeper.

 

We send her sister off in the airport. They both cried and promising to see each other soon, plus dragging me into a promise of coming to U.S. I have not gone to U.S. for long time already. I should start saving double time, in case it happens.

 

(Jessica POV)

“Are you still going to work?” I asked while we walked on the airport parking lot. She looked on her watch and looked back at me.

 

“Do you want me to go back and work?” she replied, asking me back. “I have a full day leave actually, we could go somewhere if you only like”, she added. I have been hoping that she spend the next hours with me. I don’t understand myself but I have missed her terribly this past week.

 

“Then, lead the way”, I told her and looked at her twinkling eyes. She immediately nodded and held my hand.

 

She brought me to nearby mall and decided to watch movie, the first showing in the morning. After the movie, we have our lunch and decided to leave the mall after playing at game center for a while. She won me an inflatable cucumber shape pillow. She laughed at me. But, she could not believe that she lost over me at basketball shooting range. We had a fun and wonderful afternoon. She asked me if I still have energy to have a trip to Han River.

 

“I have not gone to Han River for a long time. I guessed the last time was when I was still a kid when we were visiting relatives”, I truthfully told her.

 

“Then Han River, it is. Let’s have a picnic”, she looked up at her watch and smiled widely at me. It was surprising that we still have a lot of time. She drive my car to Han River. But before we go directly there, she wanted to pick up some things at her apartment.

 

Her apartment is decently small but enough for a lone person like her, all the necessities are there. Upon entering is a small hall for shoes to take off, then one step up is the carpeted living room on the right side of the apartment. There is a leather sofa good for 6-8 person with 52 inches flat tv mounted on the wall, a wii, an xbox and home theater just below. Straight ahead is the combined kitchen and dining area. At the far end is the laundry are and open veranda. While, on the left side were two doors next to each other which I guessed is a bedroom and a bathroom.

 

“Welcome to my humble crib. Apology if it is small for your liking. Make yourself at home”, she led me inside like a true gentlewoman.

 

“Let’s have a quick tour, this is the living room, the dining and kitchen area”, she pointed out. “If you wanted to freshen up, bathroom on the left, 2nd door. The 1st door is my room, if you want to take a nap, go ahead. It will take time to gather what we will need on our picnic, then make a quick sandwich”, she excitedly blabbered to me. I just nodded to her and decided to freshen up and take a nap.

 

“Yuri, I want to see your room”, I told her after coming out of the bathroom. She just ‘hummmed’ at me while opening here and there her kitchen cabinets. I wondered what we will do at Han River that she seems bringing out a lot of things. I opened her bedroom door and it is very tidy, a single bed, a table with a laptop and tablet with few books on the side. I checked her books and it’s all about forex, stocks and investment. I sit on her bed and picked the moon lamp. I pressed it and it lit up. Cute. I play with her stress ball and lay down on her bed, very comfy. A nap would be good, as I suddenly felt tiredness on my system. But I do not want to sleep, I want us to go to Han River. I sat up and lightly slap my face while shaking my head. I closed my eyes for a while counting 1-10.