Chapter 20

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

Days turned to weeks then to a month, we drifted off with each other as we became busy with our respective responsibilities. Especially her that she would be having fashion show on her birthday. I mostly took over her obligations with the company. I rarely see her, in the office or at home. I felt our ‘I love you’s’ were empty and meaningless as time goes by. I knew, we were on the edge of breaking up. We were just too busy to notice. Our marriage was not registered yet as the documents arrived a long time ago but only kept in my office drawer.

 

“Yuri, how are you and Sooyeon?” his father asked. I was inside his office waiting for him to sign the document he requested earlier, and I was surprised that he asked because he never did before.

 

“I want you to find my replacement and she does not have to know”, I simply replied to him. He looked at me but not surprised. He smiled nonetheless.

 

“Yuri Unnie, can you accompany me in the mall. Amber is in overseas. I have to buy a gift for Unnie. Have you buy yours?” Krystal sweetly said and pouted at the same time.

 

“Aigoo, you little baby, stop pouting. Let’s go and shop for your Unnie?” I simply said and arranged my things to go.

 

“Why don’t we eat dinner first, then shop the rest of the time?” I suggested when we were on the mall.

 

“Hmm, better. I’m a bit hungry now. Follow my lead, Unnie. I know a good Korean restaurant here.” She confidently claimed and walked around the mall. But, we got frozen when we saw Sica and Tyler kissing right outside of the restaurant. I immediately pulled away Krystal from scene.

 

“Yuri Unnie?” she was still shocked and could not composed a proper words to say. We were now at the parking lot.

 

“Forget about it, Krystal.” I said calmly, though I wanted to flip everything around me.

 

“How can you stay calm? Are you two breaking up? For how long Unnie cheating on you? Aren’t you confronting her.” she panicky questioned me.

 

“Stay calm, Krystal. Take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale.” I instructed her or more like telling myself.

 

“Let’s not add to her stress for now. The fashion show is on Friday. Let’s forget it. Not now. I will confront her once the show is done.” I said while crossing my fingers.

 

“Promise me, Krystal”, I looked and begged at her.

 

“How can you be so kind, so selfless?” her tears fall, but I held mine. I smiled at her bitterly.

 

“If you love someone, you will only want her happiness.” I truthfully replied to her and she cried harder.

 

Her birthday was celebrated and so her fashion show. The show was simply elegant, exquisite, majestic, etc. as positively praised by the critics. The show was over, and I had seen how happy she was. Tyler had been her all throughout the show. I would just smile to her if she would caught me looking at her.  She truly belonged in this world of fashion. And, I sadly smiled at the thought. 

 

‘5 more minutes, please’, I mentally thought. I looked up from my watch and I saw her approaching me. She hugged me very tightly.

 

“I am so happy, Seobang”, she said happily.

 

“I am glad that you are happy. I am happy for you. Congratulations. You did great.” I hugged her tight.

 

“Excuse, Seoyeon. Mr. Calvin wants to talk to you.” Tyler came and I just nodded to her. She briefly kissed me on my lips and went with Tyler. I looked at her one last time, and turned my back.

 

(Jessica POV)

I woke up early and restless, as my Seobang did not come home. She must have sleep in the office. I checked my phone if she has new message for me or call that I missed. No missed call and the last message was telling me that she returned back to office to finish some report that was due to tax filing. She wished me to have fun and just be happy at the after party celebration. I felt guilty once again. I knew I had been neglecting her and I felt really sorry. I had to make up with her, big time. I prepared myself and went downstairs. I found my parents having breakfast with the absence of Krystal. She must be still sleeping. The party was ended at dawn. My parents were surprised that I was up early and I just smiled and left them. I planned to have breakfast with my Seobang. I terribly missed her and I wanted to surprise her.

 

The lobby guards were also surprised to see me so early. I just smiled to them and proceeded to elevator. I pressed my Seobang’s floor level. I excitedly opened her office door and about to shout ‘surprise’ but I was the one got surprised. An unfamiliar young man was sitting on my Seobang chair.

 

“Hmm, excuse me. Who are you?” I started to get nervous and my hands started to shake.

 

“Hi, good morning Ms. Jung. I’m Alex Tan, your temporary Chief Executive Assistant”, he introduced himself but I could not comprehend.

 

“Sooyeon. Come with me in my office.” I heard my father said at my back and I was starting to have palpitation. I could not breathe for unapparent reason. I followed my father into his office.

 

“Yuri resigned a month ago.” He gave me the copy of her resignation. ‘Due to personal matters to attend to’, I mentally read the letter.

 

“Why you did not tell me? Is this how much you dislike my relationship with her? I am married to her.” I shouted at him.

 

“She does not want you to know. I never meddle with your relationship with her and you know that. And you are nor technically married to her. Your marriage with her is not registered.” My father calmly answered me. I did not say anything as my mind wondered on her possible whereabouts.

 

“Let her go. Tyler is better for you. He is a man and can help you with your business”, he frankly stated. I just looked at him and did not say anything. I stood up and left him. I went to my office and sat on my chair.

 

“Where is Yuri Unnie?” krystal barged angrily in my office. I did not know how long I was sitting on my chair and just sitting.

 

“I don’t know.” I honestly told her and looked at her to find comfort. But, she snickered at me.

 

“Father said she resigned and he does not know where she is. If she left, I hope she left you for good. You don’t deserve her. You only hurt her”, she angrily continued.

 

“What do you mean?” I looked at her puzzled.

 

“Since Yuri Unnie is not here to confront you, I will do it on her behalf. We saw you kissing Tyler at the mall in the Korean restaurant we frequently went to.” She distastefully said and my tears fell.

 

“You don’t deserve her. She kept everything normal and stress-free all for your happiness. And, now she left, I’m glad she did. She took care of you but you did not take care for her. Do you expect her to stay?” She disappointedly added. I cried harder and felt my world turning black.

 

I woke up in a hospital and saw Krystal by the couch reading a magazine. I remembered Yuri and my tears fell. I did not know what to do. I was too ashamed to look for her but I was selfish. I needed to find her asap. If I had to flip San Francisco or whole America or Korea, yes, correct, Korea, she must be back to Korea. I immediately stood up and removed the dextrose from my arms.

 

“Wooh, hold in there, Unnie. Why are you in a hurry? We are in a hospital and you are a patient.” Krystal coldly stated.

 

“I have to find Yuri”, that was my only statement. “Please”, I added and looked at her, begging.

 

“Why don’t we go home first and checked if she left anything for you”, she suggested.

 

My Princess Sica-baby,

 

Do I still have the right to call you my Princess or my baby? Well, at least for the last time, let me be. By the time you read this letter, I will be far away. Thank you for almost 2 years I had with you, they were great and wonderful memories and let’s keep it that way. I am sorry if I did not say goodbye as I got coward.

 

Let just be happy. Be happy with Tyler while I will find my own happiness. Don’t worry about me. Congratulations on your fashion show and hope to see your fashion line expand soon.

 

Always take care of yourself and just be happy.

 

Sincerely yours,

 

Kwon Yuri

 

By the time we got home, I found her closet empty but in the top drawer, a very short letter and her rings. I cried hard again. I remembered our marriage and immediately called the ministry. He said that Yuri had not sent back the original documents though he had sent a long time ago. I wondered where the documents were. I called the person I could not remember the name who replaced Yuri. I asked him to check all the documents and files in Yuri’s office and looked for documents that was different from others. He sounded confuse when he replied okay to me. I went back directly to Yuri’s office and helped Alex, as I timidly asked for his name again. My eyes landed on the shredder machine and I just burst crying.