Chapter 17

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

Our department or particularly our section was in deep silence the whole morning. I heaved a long sigh again and again and again. This awkwardness among my peers should stop.

 

“Come on, guys, look, I am sorry, I am still Yuri you know, just a regular employee like everybody. We can’t be like this.” I complained loudly as I stood up to my chair and they looked up at me in silence.

 

“It does not make any difference, if I am or not her significant life partner.” I continued and tried to negotiate.

 

“It makes difference, Yuri. You are not just but a significant life partner of a daughter who owns the company we are working with”, Robert countered at me.

 

“Then, she should be holding an officer position at least”, I looked and thanked Jason for being sensible.

 

“Still, you are the wife. You fooled us for how long? Or you are spying on us”, Robert stated, irritated.

 

“Then, you should get fired not long ago for ogling my wife”, I countered in return. He got his tongue cut with my statement.

 

“Please, guys, even my wife does not know I worked here until yesterday and she is still very mad at me as we speak. Please do not add to my misery.” I revealed while closed to begging on bended knees if not only standing on my chair.

 

“Serve you right”, Lisa scoffed on me.

 

“Okay, apology accepted. Let’s forgive Yuri. We can’t be awkward. It’s killing me.” Jason said and held his thumbs up.

 

“Yeah, our whole morning was so quiet”, Jenny added and held her thumbs up too.

 

“Thank you” I sincerely said.  

 

“Ms. Yuri!!! Why are you standing on your chair? Just because you are with Ms. Jung, you could act like this”, someone suddenly said from my back. I turned my neck around and saw Ms. Michelle had her arms crossed, looking at me weirdly. My officemate chuckled at me as I did not know how to answer our supervisor. I carefully went down from my standing and scratched my head.

 

“Ms. Jung seems to be waiting for you at the lobby. It is almost break time, you can go.” She added while looking at our wall clock. 9 minutes before 12nn. I instantly get nervous on the mention of my wife’s name. What was she doing in the lobby of building 3? I did not receive any call or message from her that she wanted to go and have lunch together. My Princess could be very cute when she wanted. I knew she got excited knowing I was working in the company.

 

“Ohh. Okay. Thank you”, I bowed to her and she left after.

 

“Why are you still standing there? Go and fix yourself.” Lisa commanded me after seeing me zoning out.

 

“Nah. She would not mind waiting for another 9 minutes minus 3”, I smiled to her while looking up on the wall clock.

 

“Perhaps you are scared. Our supervisor already gave you permission to go”, Jason stated casually. I just shrugged my shoulders on him.

 

“You should give her flowers and chocolates or something if you want to make amend to her. Every girl needs wooing sometimes. We are all equal in the name of love, hate, joyful, sadness… and betrayal” Jenny made some sense statement.

 

“You are very lucky, she is a boss here, but she is the one reaching out to you”, Lisa commented and I felt more guilty.

 

“Go and fix yourself. Don’t make your girl/wife wait long”, Robert finally said something.

 

“Thank you, guys.” I just smiled gratefully to them.

 

(Jessica POV)

10 minutes before 12nn, damned. Yuri does not know that I wanted to have lunch with her. But, when I felt eyes on me while going directly to Yuri’s department, I contemplated, so, I just sat at the lobby and took business magazine for me to read. Even though, I was not in speaking terms with her, I did not want to embarrass her further. Though she was not saying anything, she does not like attention and I knew she would be having a hard time after my antics this morning.

 

Deep in my heart, I got excited knowing she was working with the company. I felt like a teenager that could not wait to see her crush. In my peripheral view, I saw Yuri walking towards me and I checked the time again, 12nn. As soon as she got in front of me, she extended her hand for me to grab.

 

“Sorry if you waited long. My break starts at 12nn. So, where do you want to have lunch?” she apologized and asked after we got out of the building, far from the earshot of other employees. We stopped walking when she did not receive any reply from me, then she looked at me long enough for me to get conscious. I shrugged my shoulders on her.

 

“There is a small eatery where I and my colleagues frequently went to. It is not high-end but descent and the foods are great. You will be surprised, I bet you have not been there.” She suggested and I nodded to her. It was not far as it was just in the neighboring building. Indeed, I had not been to the eatery that was hidden under the basement. Kris, my ex-boyfriend, and I would eat in this building but in 11th or 12th floor where commercial and signature restaurant were located.

 

“Hi, Yuri. You have new companion. New officemate?” a server came and trying very hard on batting her eyelashes to Yuri. I simply kicked Yuri under the table and rolled my eyes when she looked at me.

 

“Hello, Tamia. No. She is my wife, Jessica.” Yuri smiled while the server was taken aback.

 

“I thought you are single”, Tamia looked puzzled but staring at Yuri’s rings then at me down to mine. I purposely showed off the rings, for her to see well.

 

“Well, I am not. Anyways, may we have 1 Jambalaya, 1 Cioppino, 1 set of California Rolls, 1 Blueberry Cobbler, 1 apple-mango shake, 1 pineapple juice, and please do not put any cucumber in the dishes. Okay? Thank you.” Yuri ordered without looking at the menu. The server nodded and left in a hurry when she caught me glaring at her. I pouted with the thoughts that the server had been flirting with Yuri for more than a month. I kicked Yuri again and gave her a glare. She gave me a ‘what’-look. I frustratingly kicked her for the 3rd time and she winced this time.

 

“Stop it, baby. It hurts already. I will have bruised if you continued kicking me. Your stiletto is quite pointed and sharp.” She reached under the table and seems massaging her legs. She looked painfully hurt and I felt slightly guilty. My jealousy was overacting.

 

“This is delicious.” I asserted while I scooped the soup of Cioppino and tasted it again. I picked a piece of California Roll and popped into my mouth. She stopped from eating and looked at me in amusement. I stared back at her while I chewed my roll.

 

“Hmmm, tasty. Ordered some take out of California Rolls later. Krystal will like it.” I requested or more like a demand. I noticed she was zoning out, I snapped my fingers on her face. She shook her head and smiled at me.

 

“I missed your voice”, she longingly stated and I got shy with her candidness. I, myself, was thankful that I finally found my voice.

 

“You are forgiven but we still need to talk.” I simply said to her and continued eating.

 

“Of course”, she replied and continued as well.

 

“Seobang, there is possibility I might go overtime later. You can go home first.” I was holding her arms while we were walking back but settled on holding hands when we entered my building. She insisted earlier on escorting me to my floor level and I had never been happier. A comfortable silence enveloped us as we walked pass the curious eyes of the employees and I believed it would take a while.

 

“Then, I will go directly here after my office time. Okay”, she straightway kissing my lips and face as soon we got privacy in the confinement of my office room, while her hands were all over my body. I giggled on her ministrations.

 

“I will wait for you. Do you want to have dinner before you go overtime, outside or better bring the food here?” she looked at me lovingly with her arms on my waist.

 

“Just bring snacks. I have lots of pending works.” I casually told her. I wiped carefully her messed up lipstick.

 

“I am sorry. Because of me, you got distracted.” She apologetically uttered.

 

“That can’t be helped. Things happened for a reason. But, please don’t ever keep things from me again. I felt betrayed.” I honestly told her. “And don’t ever take off your rings again”, she looked guilty with my addition. She nodded her head and gave me a tight hug.

 

“Go now. You will be late. We will continue later.” 10 minutes before 1pm. I just pecked her lips as I did not want to ruin her lipstick again.

 

“I love you”, she sweetly peck my lips too.

 

“I love you too”, and we kept pecking each other lips.