Chapter 4

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

Jessica has been sleeping over since we send her sister off to airport, and that was 1 week ago. But, I thought that she may practically leaving with me now, not only sleeping over, as she brought her things in my apartment. I came home one night and saw her luggage’s line up on 1 side of the living room while others sprawled over the bedroom floor. Fixing her things inside my closet. She wanted to live with me with an excuse that she liked talking to me and she does not want to be alone in the hotel. Did I even get any say on her decision, but I would agree anyway. We shared the same bed, which was only a single bed. It was very small, and we have to hug each other while sleeping. I still clearly remembered on what happened a week ago that we were supposed to go to Han River. But I found her sleeping while sitting up. I was amazed on how she did it. I lay her down properly on the bed and thankfully she did not wake up. I decided to let her sleep and cancel our trip. I was sleeping deeply and comfortably already on my couch, when someone calling and shaking me. I saw her pouting and sat beside me. After a long cute argument, she finally rest the issue of the cancelled trip. She insisted on sleeping on the couch and we ended up sleeping, hugging together on my bed. And, she came to like hugging me whenever and wherever. We were just too comfortable like we had known each other like decades, which we both agreed on.  It was my day-off, and we have decided to buy a new bed just in case she wanted to stay with me or longer.

 

“We cannot have king size bed, Sica”, I argued with her.

 

“The biggest, the best”, as she lay comfortably testing the sample bed in the mall. People are looking curiously at her. Well, cannot blame them, she is like a kitten curling up on the bed.

 

“We have only small room”, I emphasized with the ‘small’ word and tried to get her off the bed. “Common on, you are attracting people”, I whispered to her. She looked around and embarrassed afterwards. “We can only have double bed, and besides what is more space if you keep hugging me only, it would be a waste space”, I added.

 

“Can we at least have the queen”, showing her aegyo to me. “And besides I will be the one paying for it”, begging me.

 

“Mr. Salesman, we will take the queen size of this plus the comforters and pillows, please send to this address, blah- blah-blah.”, she immediately instructed the salesman.

 

“Wait, wait, wait, I did not agree on anything”, I said and stop them. She looked at me, glaring at me then suddenly showed her pouting lips. “Okay, Mr. Salesman, you can proceed with her orders”, I sighed nonetheless.

 

She was so happy by the time we got home. She literally jumping here and there. I went to our kitchen and start preparing for our lunch. She wanted me to cook instead of eating in a restaurant. She went inside our room and later went out with her laptop in her arms. I guessed she will be working. I wondered how she managed her fashion line. She mentioned that she still closely monitoring the activities even she was overseas. She still do some sketches and send it via email. Literally, one part of my living room become her office space. So many sample fabrics in different colors and type, small and big buttons, belts, scarps, etc. I do not want to ask her why she is still staying here with me in this small apartment when she can have much bigger and luxurious space in their hotel, they even have better amenities to offer like bathtub and pool, which my apartment do not have. She might get offended and might think I wanted her off. I just let do what I think makes her happy.

 

From 1 week, it became to 3 months, time flies so fast. She became friend to everyone in the café. We have a small gathering every last Friday of the month. Taeyeon is engaged with Tiffany and will be married next year. She proposed last month with fireworks and helicopter. Yoona is dating Taecyeon for a while now, they met during our outings on Jessica’s villa/hotel. Sooyoung have a love and hate relationship with Sunny. We are betting that the next couple will be them. While, Seohyun is dating Yong-hwa, Jessica’s unknown 5th cousin, until they figured/traced out their family tree during one of the Friday gatherings. Heoyeon is no longer working for her cousin, Taeyeon. She built a small studio claiming that it is a dream come true for her to have her own studio. She wanted to teach how to dance, different type of dances, from interpretative to hip-hop. And as for Donghae, he is now flirting with Jessica which only dismisses by the latter.

 

“Donghae, do not embarrass yourself more”, Jessica told him while shaking her head. “I am not interested to date anyone, and I am happy as vis-à-vis”, she added with sweet smile to him.

 

“Please stop, I do not want us to be strangers”, Jessica added more. Donghae just nodded and left our table, pick up a random girl and joined the couple, Seohyun & Yong-hwa dancing in the center.

 

“Jess, have you change your mind. Please think about it. Yoona will be with you. Yoona will only accept, if you accept it”, Tiffany said with begging voice and pouting to the end.

 

“She will not accept it and decline it more, if you keep pouting like that”, I said on behalf of Jessica then laughed at her.

 

“I am very busy, Fany, I barely sleep this past few days”, Jessica interjected. “I am supposed to work tonight but we only have 1 night in a month, so be grateful that I am still here”, she added. “Confirm with Yuri”, she shrugged and placed her head on my shoulders.

 

“She works day and night, Fany-ah”, I told Tiffany. “I always have to fetch her from couch to our bedroom”, I added.

 

“Are you two sure not together?” Hyoyeon questioned me, while pointing to Jessica and me.

 

“And, why you are living with Yuri, Jess, you have your family house plus hotels to choose from, why bear living with Yuri, in that small apartment of her”, Sunny asked frankly.

 

“Wae, what is wrong with my apartment, it is small but it has all we need, she just converted one part of the living room into her office, it is very convenient for her”, I defended my apartment.

 

“Just”, she very shortly answered Sunny.

 

“You perhaps love Yuri because you can have her as your servant”, Yoona chirped in, “For free. Unbelievable”, then laugh.

 

“It would not be a surprise if the two of you become an item like Taeny”, Hyoyeon commented.

 

“How is your studio, Hyo?” Taeyeon asked her changing the topic.

 

“It is doing well, I have few enrolled new students”, Hyoyeon answered, “I was thinking of hiring dancing instructor to help me with the dancing”, she added.

 

“I guess your studio is really doing well, good, good, good”, Taeyeon praised Hyoyeon. We all clap and give her thumbs up.

 

“How is the wedding preparation, Taeyeon?” I asked her curiously.

 

“Oh, Jessi, I need your opinion on some wedding details and I need you to go shopping with me”, Tiffany suddenly said to Jessica.

 

“Just let me know what and when, I will make adjustment with my schedule”, Jessica answered lazily.

 

“Yuri, be honest, are the two of you not together yet?” Taeyeon asked, back on the topic. “You guys live on the same apartment and sleep on the same bed, why?” she added.

 

“We cared each other that is for sure, it is only normal, okay”, I answered her. “And besides, I was able to split the bill with someone”, she jokingly added. Well, it is the truth, Sica had argument with me, insisting on paying all the bills but ended up splitting everything, but when it comes to grocery, Jessica insisted on paying as I will do the cooking for her.

 

“Very smart, Yuri”, Sooyoung high-five with her while laughing.

 

“Ohh, really, Yuri, then I am moving out”, Jessica seriously said.

 

“Ohh, no, you don’t, you cannot afford to lose your human bolster”, I boasted on her, then knock her forehead and hug her tight. She hug me back tightly and lazily lay her half body on me. Now, that feels comfortable. Weird.

 

“Whatever, you two. Sunny, are you sure you could handle the bar without me for two weeks”, Taeyeon suddenly asked Sunny, who only gave her a thumbs up and a nod. “I will send Sooyoung to accompany you, no argument, I am not comfortable leaving you alone managing the bar”, Taeyeon added. The Taeny couple are set to go to Los Angeles, California, home nation of Tiffany to visit and spent time with her family before the wedding set.

 

“Sure, no problem”, all Sunny could say. She and Sooyoung might have love-hate relationship but definitely they have each other back when needed.

 

I heard a low snoring beside me and noticed Jessica dozed off. She has been wide awake these couple of nights, considering she is a sleeping beauty. Taeyeon noticed us and called it a night.