Chapter 11

Let Just Be Happy

(Jessica POV)

I woke up with someone giving me small kisses on my bare shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw my Seobang smiling at me. What a beautiful view in the morning.

 

“Good morning, SIca-baby”, she kissed me on the lips and I replied back with eagerness. She tasted like toothpaste and I suddenly felt embarrassed for my natural not so pleasant morning breath.

 

“Come on, my Princess, I’m hungry, let’s have brunch”, she stood up and given me a bathrobe to cover myself. I looked on the side table to check the time, it was 10am.

 

“You should have woke me up, you missed breakfast with your family”, I told her and went to bathroom to have quick shower. I just let the door open which I meant to continue our conversation.

 

“They left early. Appa left earlier than his schedule, Oppa left at dawn and fly to China but he will come back and join in our dinner later. Our sudden visit make some changes on their schedules.” I heard her explained.

 

“Thankfully I am not very busy when you asked me to meet your family”, I answered her before I brushed my teeth.

 

“Dress comfortably, we will have our brunch outside”, she casually informed me and I just ‘hmmm’ on her.

 

We went to a restaurant which she co-owned in a small percentage only as claimed a very small. The restaurant became her training ground for cooking. The reason why she could cook me anything. She was holding my hand while dragging me to the kitchen area. She tapped the back of a chef in his 40’s and he got surprised and hugged her on the spot. I heard they were whispering their regards to each other. She patted his back and finally he let her go.

 

“Chef Rumsee, I want you to meet my wife, Jessica Jung Sooyeon”, she put her arms around my waist as she introduced me to their restaurant’s chef.

 

“My Princess, meet our Chef Head, Chef Rumsee. He was also from U.S. and has been with us for more than 20 years, he’s my mentor in cooking”, the chef reached out his hand to me and I took it for a handshake, but he pulled instead for a hug.

 

“Finally, I told you, Yuri-ah, Min-ho is not for you and you will have a girlfriend or a wife for your case”, he said after hugging me. I looked from Chef Rumsee to Yuri with questioning eyes.

 

“She was a chick magnet in her teens”, Chef Rumsee simply stated while laughing. Yuri just chuckled and frown.

 

“Careful, Ms. Jessica, she has a lot of ex-girlfriends that she left here”, he added and laughed out loud after.

 

“When the break-up news spread like wildfire, all her girlfriends had party for days and only stop when Yuri-ah left the town”, he was smiling on his reminiscing while nodding his head and I wondered how many girlfriends she had.

 

“I thought you had one relationship and that was an ex-boyfriend?” I sternly questioned and looked at her.

 

“They never became my girlfriends, they were my friends which happened to be girls”, she casually said and put her arms around my shoulder.

 

“Chef Rumsee, as much as I want to have a long chit-chat, my stomach is protesting, we haven’t our breakfast yet, so please, please, cook deliciously for us”, the chef laughed on her and pushed us outside of the kitchen.

 

As we wait for the food to be served, she briefly pointed out all the establishments and identify who’s who we could see from the glass wall we were sitting. She basically knew mostly the people from this town. After few minutes, we were served with Spinach Soup and Tempura Squid and Prawns with Coriander Salsa as entrée. Then, a Sirloin Steak with Java Rice and Buttered Baby Potatoes and Carrots as main course for me, while a Honey Mustard Baked Salmon with Garlic Rice plus Steamed Broccoli and Asparagus on the side for Yuri. Montrouge Merlot and 2015 Catena Chardonnay wines to complement our meal. Later on, I had Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies as my desert, and she had Chocolate-Hazelnut Banana Crepes. We ate in almost complete silence as we were very hungry and would only talk to comment on how deliciously good the food.

 

(Yuri POV)

We were having our dessert when suddenly someone squealed. We looked up curiously around and I saw Juran standing by the entrance door of the restaurant. She was smiling widely and shamelessly staring at me while dangerously approaching our table. I felt a kick under the table and I immediately shifted my gaze to Sica. I was taken aback when she suddenly stood up and bend forward across our table then kissed my side lips.

 

“You have a sauce. It would be embarrassing if you looked mess in front of your girl-friend”, she whispered and smirked at me while sitting back. I unbelievably just looked at her.

 

“Ahem, Hi, Yuri.” I shifted my gaze to Juran who’s standing now by our side table. I felt another kick and I shifted back my gaze to her.

 

“Hello, Juran, how are you?” I kicked her too before I looked up and smiled to Juran. I heard a chuckle across from me.

 

“So the rumors were true that you are here”, Juran shamelessly pulled an empty chair and placed it beside me, she sat and flirtatiously crossed her arms with mine. I looked up at Sica and saw her only staring blankly at me. This is not good.

 

“Yep. I hope there were rumors too that I am having a wife and currently having meal with her now”, I said as I removed her arms around mine. Sica contentedly smiled at my statement.

 

“I don’t care. I love you, Yuri-ah, and only you. I am patiently waiting for you to come back. You should be grateful and showered me your love instead”, Juran boldly and frankly declared her childish love for me while crossed her arms to mine again. I looked on Sica, who has amusement on her eyes, for help.

 

“Come on, Juran, seems you have not change even a bit. Are your hearing yourself? Please show some respect, my wife is here”, I exasperatedly told her and removed her arms. I crossed my arm on my chest so she would not able to cross hers. She suddenly cried dramatically. I apologetically stared with Sica, who’s finishing her wine and stood up.

 

“Hi, Juran, right?! This moron good for nothing only kept introducing me as her wife, I have a name too, you know. I am Jessica Jung Sooyeon”, Sica warmly smiled at Juran and extended her right hand for a handshake. Juran stopped her cries and looked hesitated to accept the handshake but did anyway. “I am pleased to meet a loving friend of hers. Thank you for loving her. She is very lucky to have you. But as much as we wanted to stay and talk more, we have to go somewhere she promised to bring me”, Sica swiftly said. “And, I hope you do not mind if I take her away, now”, she added more and extended her hand to me. I excused myself and Juran stood up to give me way. I held my Princess hand and squeezed it lightly sending my silent thank you. She squeezed back and smiled lovingly at me.

 

(Jessica POV)

She shown me around the town for some time. We visited mostly all the establishments, she said her regards to all the staff and officers, then finished up introducing me as her wife. I was feeling on cloud 9, as she would consistently looked at me and hugged me by the waist as she introduced me. After a while, we have decided to go home and rest in preparation for dinner later with additional guests, her grandparents.

 

Her grandparents were cool as her parents. So, basically the whole family were humble and grounded despite being affluent and powerful. Her Halmoeni was very gracious that she had brought me a gift while her Abeoji was very competitive. Since he was surprised that his wife has a gift for me, he insisted of giving me a cheque and I did not know how to decline it.

 

“Abeoji, she has a lot of money already. She has established her own fashion line based at U.S. and owns a resort at Jeju under her name enough that makes her richer than me”, Yuri dramatically claimed that embarrassed me to no end. I mentally took note to kick my Seobang later.

 

“But, it is not honorable for me, my wife has a gift for her while I, a general, do not have any except for a cheque book,” he wickedly smiled on us.

 

“Ex-General Kwon Hyun-suk, ex, Appa, ex”, Yuri’s Appa corrected him while he drank his wine.

 

“Let our Sooyeon decide”, Abeoji stubbornly said. I looked at Yuri for help but she looked back dejected.

Now I knew where Yuri got her stubbornness. She could very stubborn when she wanted to. I remembered that she badly wanted us to go biking. I told her that it will rain but she stubbornly insisted and we ended up soaking in the rain while biking.

 

“Honey, the gift is from us, not from me, alone. Stop this non-sense. Sooyeon is already embarrassed”, Halmoeni sweetly but sternly said to Abeoji. She reached for his hand and caressed it lovingly. Abeoji heaved a long sign and nodded his head. Wow, words of Halmoeni were enough to stop Abeoji. And, I wished me and Yuri grew old like them.

 

The following day, as what discussed and agreed last night, the whole family went to their private farm. I experienced milking a cow and a sheep but I passed on milking the goat. Also, I did the feeding on chickens and pigs; and my favorite, horse racing. Yuri, me and Oppa were teamed-up with their few staffs and to be more challenging, we made a bet. The last horse/team to finish the line will be cleaning all the horses used in the racing. Since the staffs where more experienced, they let us go ahead for a minute, then followed us after. The elders were also on their horses while watching us on the other side. Yuri loosed the race as I had predicted. She loved me too much and will not let me clean. Oppa laughed at her heartily. I watched while sitting on one of the stool, as she cleaned the horses together with the other staffs. She was still in her racing uniform and she looked hot. My hormones sky rocketed. I stood up, approached her, took her arm and spun her around, voila, I gave her a smooch. She smiled at me after. The staff suggested that they will finish the cleaning and we could not agree more.