Chapter 12

Let Just Be Happy

(Jessica POV)

On our last day, we had our fight and worst being witnessed by her family. Surely, we had misunderstandings and petty fights before and it’s very uncommon for us. We were both patient and understanding. We learned to accept and love each other flaws and be each other strength. But, I never thought I would become irrational at the same time childish as I splashed the pitcher of iced cold water on Yuri and the girl. The whole family were having breakfast when a visitor came and brought cooked food for Yuri. She greeted everyone on the table except me, as if I did not exist, and I just raised my eyebrows on her. The girl forcefully settled herself beside Yuri. She got her own chair and placed it between me and Yuri. Yuri was trying to introduce me to the girl but this girl suddenly kissed her on the lips.

 

“I miss u so much, Yuri-dear”, the girl affectionately said while caressed Yuri’s cheeks. Everybody were stunned and I was on the verge of my sanity. I released the fork and knife that I was unconsciously holding very tight as I was feeling mad at the moment. I did not want to be a murderer in no time. ‘Yuri is mine. Her lips are mine’, I thought to myself. I never met a girl as aggressive as her.

 

“Ye-seul, I have a wife”, Yuri said in a crooked smile when the girl kissed her again. So, the girl is Ye-seul.

 

“I don’t care”, this Ye-seul casually replied and again, kissed my Yuri then I snapped. I stood up from my chair, picked the pitcher of iced cold water and splashed to both of them, then, I walked-out and instantly felt embarrassed for my loosed temper. I walked and walked until I realized I was going nowhere outside the farm. I stopped by a tree and looked on the river. I was shaking uncontrollable as I was so mad. I inhaled deeply and exhaled carefully. I did it continuously until I felt calm.

 

“Ahem”, I heard and saw Oppa stand beside me. I looked back on the river.

 

“I heard that you have met Juran yesterday. And now, not formally introduced, Ye-seul”, he said while also looking ahead.

 

“Hmm”, my only replied.

 

“When she was still in school, she had a lot of admirers, whether a boy or a girl, it does not really matter. She even had or still have more admirer as we speak, than I had”, he continued.

 

“The family thought at first that she was being too friendly and we were mistaken them as admirers, but later on, her admirers became aggressive over time. What happened earlier was just a tip of an iceberg”, he continued more. I creased my eyebrows on that and glanced at him briefly.

 

“She may be enjoyed the attention”, I said distastefully. He was taken aback with my statement.

 

“She’s very kind to all and could be very dense for her own good”, he countered back.

 

“It will not happen if she had set boundaries”, I muttered lowly. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it again.

 

“Oppa, Appa is looking for you. And, I will take it from here. Thank you”, I heard Yuri, and Oppa tapped her shoulder. ‘Good luck’, I heard Oppa said to her.

 

“I’m sorry”, she apologetically said as soon as Oppa left us.

 

“The 1st kiss was forgivable, 2nd was maddening already, 3rd was you being stupid”, I said angrily to her. I thought I had calm myself down but I just erupted like volcano.

 

“I’m sorry”, she said again.

 

“You should have push her”, I looked at her with accusing eyes.

 

“I’m sorry”, she only said again and lowered her head.

 

“If you came here just to say sorry, you better looked for another wife”, I angrily said that not only surprised her but surprised me as well with my own remark. She opened to say something but choose to close it.

 

“You said you only had a boyfriend, none girlfriends as you thought you were straight, but I guessed you had many flings”, I continued on calmer voice. “How many you had so I could prepare myself for the worst”, I added sadly. I could not afford to break up with her just because of that kisses.

 

“None”, she simply answered me and I went crazy with her answer. Oppa was right that she could be very dense in her own good.

 

“If you go hugs and kisses with someone and not in a commitment, it’s a fling”, I pointed out to her.

 

“But, I did not hug or kiss them. They did”, she innocently claimed. I was losing my wits on my conversation with her.

 

“So you will let them just hug and kiss you anywhere and whenever?” I frustratingly asked her. She looked up on me with her confused eyes and I went insane once again.

 

“Is this happened in the café?” I nervously asked her. She stared at me and I did not like what I saw and read on her eyes.

 

“Hugs, yes. Kisses, no” she honestly confessed, “It does not happen often, ‘coz I was mostly inside the counter”, she honestly said. Her honesty was making crazy every minute.

 

“I am really sorry, my Princess”, she seriously and sincerely said. She tried to hold my hand but I retracted and kept it at my back.

 

“I am still mad of you. You are not touching me until I say so. You are full of bacteria. You have to shower and scrub your whole body, then brush your teeth and gurgle with mouthwash, you will not stop until I say so”, she was bewildered with my lengthy instruction. She heaved a heavy sigh and just nodded her head.

 

(Yuri POV)

My Princess got satisfied with 3x scrubbing of my body, but I was on my 5th already on brushing my teeth. I did comply and continue without complain, I did not want her to break up with me. We did not have our union yet and I intend to make it happen soon.

 

“Okay, that is enough”, my Sica-baby said while looking at me in blank face. ‘She is still mad at me’, I thought. She left the bathroom and sat on the bed with her back on the headboard. I followed her and sat on the foot of the bed.

 

“I don’t want to hear or see you hugging or kissing anyone aside from me. Either they did it first or not. I should be the only person hugging and kissing you”, she said.

 

“And, of course your family is an exception’, she added. I nodded and looked at her. We were supposed to be kissing at this moment not fighting but I was scared to make her madder.

 

“Come here, Yuri”, she said in steady voice. I got scared but timidly moved closer to her.

 

“Kiss me”, she whispered. I held her face and kissed her passionately. I felt my kiss get salty and I stopped then looked at her. She has tears flowing on her cheeks and my heart shattered.

 

“I’m sorry”, I hugged her tight and she cried more.

 

“You should not let them take advantage of you. What will you do if someone hugs and kisses me too?” she asked after sometime of crying. I stiffened on her question. I clenched my fist on possible thoughts that someone, not me, was hugging and kissing my Princess. It badly hurt and I cried with my thoughts.

 

“You should put boundaries with your so-called friends which happened to be girls”, she looked up at me and wiped my tears. I hugged her tighter and kissed her one more time.

 

We went out of our room and looked for my family. She wanted to apologize for her claimed childish action during breakfast. I told her that it was okay and no need to but she insisted. We found first our grandparents who’s leisurely having tea on the veranda. We approached them and Sica apologized immediately.

 

“Abeoji, Halmeoni, please accept my apology for my action earlier during breakfast. I was impulsive and no excuse for that.” Sica-baby humbly said and bowed her head.

 

“It’s okay, Sooyeon. It should be Yuri apologizing”, Abeoji dismissed her apology and looked sternly at me. I only swallowed hard and averted my eyes somewhere else.

 

“Actually, I was impressed how control you were back there. I thought you would stab them both with your fork and knife. If it was me, I would do it without thinking twice. ” Halmeoni hugged my Princess while caressing her back.

 

“Yuri do not deserve you. She is stupid and do not know how to take care her girl.” Appa suddenly appeared, and also holding his tea. I did not argue back and kept my mouth close. Sica untangled herself from Halmeoni and went back to my side. She hugged my waist then kissed my cheeks and looked lovingly at me.

 

“Do not worry, Appa. I have put my leash on her already”, she jokingly said while still looking at me. Everyone chuckled on her.

 

“Why are you not saying anything, Yuri-ah?” Umma joined us and looked at me. “Aplogize, now”, my mother commanded and I suddenly bowed and apologized at the same time that made everyone laugh.

 

(Jessica POV)

After our lunch we had decided to come back at Kwon’s residence as we had to leave later for Seoul. It was mid-afternoon when we arrived home from farm. Someone was waiting from their living room. I suddenly felt uncomfortable. I felt Yuri grasped my hand and gave it a squeeze. I thought I am being paranoid seeing another girl that a possible Yuri’s admirer.

 

“Hi, Yuri-ah”, the girl greeted after giving her parents hugs and kisses. Her grandparents did not join with us anymore but gave me another gift, this time from her Abeoji. He made me promise to visit again together with Yuri. I felt so loved when Halmeoni cried while hugging me, if not for a long planned promised dinner with their dearest friend, they would come.  

 

“Hello, Ye-jin”, Yuri greeted back and kept holding my hand. “Please meet my wife, Jessica Jung Sooyeon”, she quickly added.

 

“Princess, meet Ye-jin, my childhood friend”, I extended my hand to Ye-jin for a handshake and she accepted but full me for a quick embrace.

 

“Hi, Jessica”, she smiled at me after the embrace.

 

“Hello, Ye-jin”, I timidly replied back to her but I stared at her intently, but she averted her eyes.

 

“Seobang, why don’t I go up-stairs first and pack our things while you have a chat with your best friend”, I faced Yuri and gave her a peck and a wink. I looked back to Ye-jin, “Please to meet you, Ye-jin, I will join you later”, I smiled at her and left them after.