Chapter 2

Let Just Be Happy

(Yuri POV)

It was my day off, and decided to go on a beach outside Seoul. I just wanted to walk along the shore, and if I would be in the better mood, I would be swimming later. But I think I would pass the swimming, I did not bring spare clothes as my intention was walking/wandering only. Anyways, I was alone and I like being alone. It relaxes and gives me internal peace. While walking, I noticed a girl standing still along the shore. She is looking far away on the open sea. I stared also on the open sea, intrigued. It is the sunrise. I stop walking and stand still near her while looking ahead too. We watched in awe the beautiful sunrise. We unconsciously look and recognize each other.

 

“Hi, Ms. Jessica”, I greeted and smiled her.

 

“Hi, how do you know my name?” she asked.

 

“Credit Card”, I scratch my nape with my answer as I remembered to thank Taeyeon when I see her.

 

“Oh, yeah, right.” she nodded.

 

“The sunrise is beautiful”, I commented to strike conversation and avoid awkwardness.

 

“Yes, always been.” she said, as she looks back to the open sea.

 

“So, you are always here watching the sunrise”, I assumed. It would be a wow, if she is. This place is quite far from the city.

 

“Hmmm”, her only response. And we went to dead silence for a while.

 

“Would you like to join me in breakfast there”, I couragely asked her and pointed on the nearby restaurant with small cottages around. She looked up at me with hesitation on her eyes. Wow, she has expressive-beautiful-eyes. I stared at her. Then, she looks away from me and looks up on the open sea. I come nearer to her then take her hand and place the canister I had been carrying with me wherever I go, it contains coffee.

 

“It is only Latte”, I told her. She suddenly smile at me and hug my canister. Thankfully, I always have prepared coffee or tea with me.

 

“Thank you”, she replied sincerely, “Let’s go now to that restaurant and have breakfast, my treat, in exchange of your coffee” she added, smiling at me. I just nodded my head on her request and we proceeded on the nearby restaurant. We had our breakfast and shared the coffee together. We talked and surprisingly discussed about our lives, not so much but simple details of knowing each other more. We laughed with our mishaps’ experiences and corny jokes. We were spontaneous with our topic and another surprising, she in-depth openly herself to me which I thought personal and confidential. But she only keep opening herself which made me admired her more and more. I have come to learn that she hated/allergic to cucumbers and do a mental note on that. She is actually live and work in U.S. and her family unwillingly let her go to come alone here in Seoul, Korea. She is actually here to amend her broken heart and do some soul searching. She had a bad breakup with her 5 year of relationship. She get tired of her cheating fiancée. Wow, mine was 3, hers was 5, and she was a martyr. They started off young and they even live-in together for a year. So many stories of her, when she suddenly stop talking.

 

“Thank you, Yuri, for today”, she suddenly said, looking at me. “I feel better”, she added. I just nodded to her and give her a smile. “Good, you are welcome”, that’s all I said.

 

We practically spend not only our breakfast but also lunch in that restaurant. Well, as it has small cottages, we occupied the 1 cottage just for the two of us, so we were able to talk privately and whole heartedly. As a waiter came and serving the pitcher of cold lemon juice, which Jessica ordered, the waiter accidentally slip off the tray and poured on me. Geez, that was so cold and sticky. Jessica suggested that I should come to her cottage to change as she have some spare clothes that she thinks will fit me. I agreed on her as I thought that I could not take the bus on wet shirts plus it is sticky. I am glad that my pants did not get much wet, only my shirt could not be salvaged.

 

We left the restaurant with big paper bags containing of food as our snack. The restaurant owner offered free food to compensate for the trouble created by their waiter. We have decided to still pay for it, but they have given us quite a lot of servings, I think it would serve 4-5 persons.

 

As we walk along the sea shore again, I have noticed how beautiful she is and become more relax. I guess she have not talk to any one since she came here in Seoul. Then, I also noticed that the place we were heading to is getting fewer people and becoming more private. We walked a small path, turn left, walk further straight, then turn left again, then viola.

 

“This is not a cottage”, I said and looked on wondered, “This is a villa, a big villa”, I added in awe. The place is so beautiful and relaxing. There is nature sound coming from somewhere that added to the peacefulness of the place. As I wondered my eyes, I caught from afar a man-made small waterfall flows, connected to the long oddly shape pool. The water is so crystal clear with magnificent blue and green reflection. Basically, it is surrounded with small palm tree nearby and hanging orchids.

 

“Good afternoon, Ms. Jung”, Taecyeon Ok, the manager, as per his name plate, greeted and bowed on her. “The suite is ready. Your things has been transferred. Anything else you needed, Ms. Jung”, he added.

 

“Nothing else. Thank you. Good afternoon, Mr. Ok”, replied back with a serious tone.

 

We turn left again, walk a long path then it is a lobby, and we proceeded to the elevator. There are 12 floors, she presses 12th. We are alone inside the elevator and could not help myself but to ask her.

 

“This is not a cottage”, I said to her.

 

“I heard you the first time”, she replied back and laugh.

 

“You own this place, your family own this place!?” I asked her.

 

“How could you assumed that I own the place or my family own the place”, she retorted back and look at me with a challenging eyes. Ding. We have reached the 12th floor. I am in awe again. I was never in any luxurious place as I am experiencing right now. She open the door and you could see the view of the open sea from the glass wall. It is beautiful.

 

“Usually, the top floor of any building or particularly a hotel, it is being occupied by the owner”, I answered her. “I read it in books”, I added. “Plus, Mr. Ok addressed you liked a boss”, I jokingly added more.

 

“Yes, my family own this place, and I actually occupying one of the cottages below”, she pointed below. And there, I could see small cottages just outside the villa. “We entered a villa earlier, then exited and entered a hotel, my father have decided to put a small hotel beside the villa to accommodate more customers”, she added. We are now in a hotel. Wow. “Well, we needed a better view to enjoy the snack, sunset is just around the corner”, she shown me the paper bags and put it in a table. Well, the view here is really magnificent for the sunset.

 

“Oki”, I shortly replied to her and keep looking around. The suite is simply the definition of luxuriousness but not for a simple ordinary person. I guessed she is not ordinary after all. I saw her went to a room, which I guessed again is a bedroom. Then went back immediately carrying 2 shirts, 1 white and 1 blue.

 

“Try them both, you choose which will fit you, use the bathroom inside the room, turn right, straight ahead”, she instructed me and I just nodded my head. There was no part of this suite that was not luxurious.

 

As I went back, wearing a white shirt, I looked around and saw her arranging our snacks on a small table outside the veranda. Wow, cozy. I immediately went to her and help her.

 

We had our snack and talk again, then watched the sunset later on. Time flies fast and my phone beep, it was my notification that reminding me that I needed to go back to the city now or else I will be left behind for the last bus trip, I have the tendency to forget the time and enjoy the beach.

 

“I think I have to go now, Ms. Jessica”, I said to her, she is suddenly look sad. “See you at the café?!” I casually added and I stood up from chair. She smiled with my statement and nodded. She stood up as well and send me to the door.

 

“Jessica is fine. See you, Yuri”, she full me for a hug, a long hug. I smiled and nodded while hugging her back. Then I am off.

 

(Jessica POV)

After she left, I suddenly felt empty. I did not understand what I was so supposed to feel for her and with the situation. I literally opened myself to her, which was odd for me. It was never easy for me to talk with a stranger, talked my life. I felt I trusted her with all my heart and soul. It was so natural. When she said that she have to go, I wanted her to stay a bit longer but I could not come up for any reason for her to do so. I suddenly wished for her to come back. I was still standing by the door when the doorbell ring. Wow, heaven must have pity on me that my wish was granted immediately.

 

“Yuri, did you forgot...”, I immediately said as soon I opened the door but cut-tongue when a smiling Krystal came to view.

 

“Hello, Unnie. But, who is Yuri”, She creased her eyebrows on me and with questioning eyes. “You are just a month here in Korea, yet you are flirting already. You have moved-on earlier than I thought”, she teasingly telling me. I shockingly looked at her with confused face.

 

“Ha, ha, ha. Look at your face, Unnie”, she is now laughing fit at the hallway.

 

“Yah”, I shouted at her.