Chapter 18

Let Just Be Happy

(Jessica POV)

We got home late last night and straightaway went to bed, but I woke up feeling dehydrated. Carefully I untangled myself from Yuri and checked our side table for a water but empty glass greeted me. I got up and went downstairs then proceeded to the kitchen. I served myself a cold water and refill again to bring in our room. I was about to go back when I noticed someone by the pool.

 

“Dad. Can’t sleep?” He looked surprise at me, I showed him my glass of water and he understood immediately. He showed his glass too, I guessed we both got dehydrated. I sat beside him.

 

“So, she have great credentials and track record in her file record. Why don’t you take her as assistant?” my father casually stated. “News travel as far as our investors ears. I received calls from our investors”, he continued.

 

“I did not know she is working with the company until the other day”, I confessed. “I offered her, but she declined me. Apparently, she wanted to impress someone, but luck was not by her side.” 

 

“How come you did not know she is working with the company and even under your management?” he asked in curiosity.

 

“And, you knew? What did you tell with the investors?” I curiously asked back.

 

“As much I don’t like your relationship, I will only get in trouble if I denied.” He snickered at me.

 

“I love her, Dad.” I sincerely conveyed my feelings and he only nodded.

 

“How are the accounts?” my father asked, changing the topic.

 

“Dad, they are not the only accounts.” I carefully told him and I saw him clenched more his fist that holding the glass. I had not discussed/updated anything to him as I wanted to settle all the facts first, and it was taking more than a month already.

 

“The tracing was not easy. But, Yuri able to trace something while checking the bank statement.” I added and he looked at me as if asking why Yuri was checking.

 

“Yuri was waiting for me, so we could go home together. She could not still and doing nothing. I simply asked her to check the statement if any suspicious transactions. Well, I guessed she is really good. Dad, give me few more days to wrap up everything.” I continued.

 

“I told you, Kris could help you. You could check it faster if someone is helping you.” my father asserted.

 

“And, I am glad I insisted not to get his help.” I looked directly into his eyes and he was speechless realizing what I meant with what I just said.

 

“How much the damage?” his eyes closed when he asked me.

 

“Enough to cover by their retirement”, I answered. He shockingly looked at me. I held his hand that holding the glass of water and motioned him to drink.

 

“I think we’ve discussed enough for now”, then I gave him a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

 

“Sica-baby?” I heard my Seobang called for me. I saw her standing by the patio door.

 

“Don’t stay up too late”, as he stood up and left passing by Yuri. I saw her bowed to my father and he just nodded. I sighed with that.

 

“Seobang?” I called to get her attention.

 

“You are not in bed”, she simply stated. She sat beside me and put her head on my shoulders.

 

“Come on. Let’s go back to bed”, I held her head and stood up. “Come on”, I grabbed her hand and dragged her.

 

With our usual sleeping position, I was ready to succumb in my sleep when I felt my Seobang caressing my lower back, then later, light kissing me from my face to my earlobe. “I miss you”, she whispered and found my lips. Thankfully, it was weekend.

 

“So, you guys finally kissed and made up. Yuri Unnie must be rough last night. You looked terrible.” my sister was teasing me but I did not care. I was so tired and still sleepy but Yuri kept insisting to eat first as it was past 10am already. We were having brunch by the poolside.

 

“Go away, Soojung”, I pushed her as she was trying to sit beside me. She just laughed at me.

 

“Yuri Unnie, let’s go swimming today.” she joyfully asked my Seobang.

 

“If your Unnie will join us, then it’s okay”, she thrown a glance at me then smirked. ‘What a ert’, I thought as I rolled my eyes on her and I sipped my orange juice.

 

“Please, Unnie. It’s either we don’t or we can’t go out anymore. We are so busy and boring.” She whined and pouted on me.

 

“Stop bothering us. Why don’t you ask your boyfriend?” I put the rest of my untouched bacon and sausage to Yuri’s plate.

 

“We broke up.” My sleepiness flew away with her replied. I stared long at her, and then with Yuri.

 

“Seobang, hurry up, finish your food. We will go swimming today.” I sweetly said to her and she looked at me with understanding.

 

(Yuri POV)

“You looked hot”, I run my hands on her sides but she swatted my hand. We were currently in our room and changing to swimsuits. My wife just changed to 2-piece red bikinis, while mine was black. I stood up beside her in front of the tall mirror.

 

”I am still sore”, she complained but took audible breath as she stared openly at me and I knew better that look. I smirked at her. She grabbed me by the neck and kissed me sensually.

 

“Do something”, she was breathing hard.

 

“I thought you’re sore”, I carried her to the bathroom and sat her on the counter. I untied her bikinis and start kissing her from her neck down below, then opened her legs and placed my head in between.

 

“Stop talking. Make it quick.” She held and pressed harder my head on her, and I complied nonetheless.

 

“Both of you are insatiable. It will not take 23 minutes to wear your bikinis”, Soojung was standing and had her arms crossed, looking at tall contemporary grandfather clock.

 

“Yes. We are both insatiable. Do you want to hear the details?” I face palmed myself for Sica’s frankness. Soojung just rolled her eyes and walked out to the pool area.

 

“Be a little sensitive, baby”, I put my arms around my Princess’ shoulder and went to the pool as well.

 

They have long swimming pool like Olympic size in length. I was doing butterfly after backstroke or freestyle as I kept swimming. The lunch was served earlier but only Soojung eating. Sica and I were still full from our brunch earlier. So, I left Sica to accompany her sister while the latter eat, and had their talk. I got tired from swimming and did floating to rest when I felt someone pull me under the water. I struggled but recovered immediately. The sisters were laughing hard at me so I chased after them. We played tag for a while and as usual, Sica was the first to give up.

 

“Unnies, I will go ahead first. Thank you for swimming with me.” Soojung looked at her sister and Sica just nodded. She bade us flying kiss as we were still in the pool and she left in a hurry after.

 

“Will she be okay?” I helped my Princess sat on the edge of the pool.

 

“Don’t worry, she is strong.” She said then put her arms around my nape and trapped me in between her legs.

 

“Seobang, can you be my assistant?” she asked after a comfortable silence. “As you know, the company is undergoing re-organization, and there will be a legal investigation of accounts. Sooner or later, hopefully, the exposure would not be that affecting to the company. It is just very hard to trust at the moment even with long employment record. Help me finalize the problem on accounts, it is taken more than a month already, I am doing it alone and since you have some knocks on Accounting, and you have proven to be useful last night, can you help me? Be my assistant?” my Sica-baby looked at me in the eyes, sincerely asking me. After our staring contest, I just nodded to her.

 

“Thank you”, she hugs my head after.

 

“How is your fashion line?” I asked her back.

 

“It is temporarily on hold. Better hold it than force to operate. But, since you will be on board with me, let just finish the problem accounts first, and let see if I could operate it again.” She wittily stated and I knocked her forehead for being clever.

 

“Being your assistant will bring suspicious, then will be solidified by problem on accounts, what your father would say about this.” I pointed out to her the possible concerns.

 

“Father suggested that you become my assistant and he knew you’re working with the company before I discovered it.” She plainly stated.

 

“You were very sneaky. Why I did not noticed?” she complained and pouted.

 

“I am sorry. I planned to tell you but after 3 months and resigned. I don’t like to mix business and love anymore. Did I mentioned to you that Min-ho and I were also colleagues in the bank? It will only cause awkwardness and troubles at work if relationship will not work out.” I seriously answered her.

 

“But we are married already and that is the big difference”, she claimed.

 

“We are technically not married yet”, I reminded her. When we got to Thailand, it was holiday and her contact ministry was on-emergency-leave for 3-5 months. Thankfully the ministry was still in the country and about to leave the following day. She just asked a favor and we ended up getting married without signing any documents. He would contact us once he was returned from his trip. He would send us the documents for us to sign and we will send it back to him to register our marriage.

 

“You are not doubting our marriage, right?” but she looked confused. I heaved a sigh and gave her a hug.

 

“I am not going anywhere”, I whispered to her. She hugged me back tighter.

 

“Remind me to call the ministry.” She said after a while.

 

“Did you know that you have a lot of admirers in the company?” I said to change the topic and hopefully the mood.

 

“I only want you. I don’t care about others. And I heard your quite popular too”, she countered in distaste.

 

“They fantasized you.” I added and teasingly looked at her.

 

“Why? Don’t you fantasize me?” she had raised her one eyebrows on me.

 

“Nope”, and I swam away from her.

 

“Yah. Come back here, Yuri.” She jumped off the edge and tried to chase me.