Chapter 15

Let Just Be Happy

(Jessica POV)

After my talk with father, I went to our room and fount it empty. Talking to father had drained more of my energy. We had not properly rest since we arrived. So, I sat on the edge of the bed and recalled the event 3 days ago as I looked into my wedding ring, engagement ring and promise ring adorned on my fingers. I smiled on the whirl wind marriage we had in Thailand. Yuri was confused when we queued on Thailand flight. I finally told her that I wanted us to get married before we carried on U.S. flight. I had searched numerous times on the facts about same gender relationship, read comments on forums, and learned that same gender marriage was acceptable and legalized in Thailand. I knew she has plans for me and I ruined it. But with my father being quiet with my relationship, I knew better.

 

She was hesitated and we had to hold our morning flight to afternoon. I should have told her earlier and not surprised her. We went to a nearby hotel to talk properly. Definitely she has plans for me. She wanted us to have a union and with our family as a witness. She planned to bring her family to U.S. as soon as she got the approval of my whole family specially my father. She preferred to call it union rather than marriage, and I respected her thoughts on matters. Marriage was for a man and a woman and we were both girls. She wanted a simple union ceremony to bind our promise of love. But, then, I could not wait. I had explained my reasons to her and she understood. She asked me if I had bought weddings ring and I just told her that we could get the rings in Thailand. But what surprised me, she actually had our wedding rings and had brought with her. I smiled as I reminisced. I stood up and went out of our room.

 

I went downstairs and found her with Mom and Krystal at our garden. Mom was smiling widely and Krystal was laughing hard, while she kept talking and did some hand movement. I stared at them and realized that Krystal and hers were actually physically looked alike. She stop talking as she saw me approaching them.

 

“I hate you, Unnie”, Krystal pouted while crossing arms on her chest.

 

“I’m sorry, Sooyeon, she heard me congratulating Yuri earlier”, my Mom explained immediately. I nodded in understanding. Only Mom knew about our marriage. She did not agree at first when I told her my plans, as she wanted the family to be part of it. But she knew much better her husband. And besides, we did not have much time.

 

“And, I love you too, Soojung-ah”, I affectionately caressed her cheeks. She suddenly embraced me.

 

“We should have another ceremony, Unnie”, she said. She would always be the baby of the family.

 

“Of course, we will, we will”, I simply cooed on her and patted her head.

 

“Krystal, why don’t you help me prepare our dinner later”, my Mom spoke abruptly.

 

“It is still early for dinner, we just finished lunch”, Krystal confusedly stated.

 

“You could be very insensitive, uhh, Soojung, your Unnie’s will talk”, Mom frankly emphasized her point. She was not only physically looked alike of Yuri, they shared same denseness. I looked at Yuri, and she chuckled on my expression.

 

“Ohh, okay, you should have told me straightaway and not making unrealistic excuse”, my sister enunciated to Mom. She excused themselves and pull mother with her. I just shook my head with my sister. I reached my hand to Yuri for her to grab. She stood up and held my hand. I walked us back to my room. I wanted to rest and I knew she does too. We cuddled in silence and drifted off to sleep later.

 

We woke up around 10pm and decided to have a snack. She prepared sandwich and tea. After we ate, we walked around the garden.

 

“I am sorry, Seobang, I ruined your plan for me. We did not have proper union and so proper honeymoon”, I sincerely said to her while I locked my arms around her waist.

 

“I will claim my honeymoon later, so be prepared”, she jokingly replied back and she pinched my noise then put her arm around my shoulder.

 

“So, what is our plan tomorrow?” she asked me after we sat on the wings.

 

“Where do you want to go?” I questioned her back. We still had 5 days left before I drown myself to work starting next Monday, while she looked for a job. I asked her to work in our company but she refused with an excused that she had to be independent.

 

“Disney Land”, she replied, grinning on me. Of course it would be a given fact, I suddenly had a vision of my room filled with Mickey Mouse.

 

(Yuri POV)

“Hello. Good morning. I saw an ad that you have hiring for accounting personnel and I am interested”, I politely greeted and asked while smiling at the receptionist.

 

“Hi. Please fill-in this application form and later attached your resume and other credentials. Kindly return back to me after you are done. Then, proceed to that room and wait to be called for interview.” The receptionist smiled after given me a lengthy instruction and I just smiled back.

 

“So, Ms. Kwon Yuri, you are still single. Perhaps have a boyfriend or a fiancée?” I mentally kicked the panel #3 with his question and so I thought he was done with my professional interview.

 

“None, Sir”, but I still smiled at him when I answered.

 

“It is not a surprise though. Busy building up your career”, panel #1 shook his head while writing something on my application form.

 

“As I had said earlier, I come here in U.S. to expand more my horizon in the field of accounting and finance.” I confidently said once again.

 

“Well, Ms. Kwon, please give this to the receptionist outside and you will know what to do next,” panel #2 swiftly passed to me the yellow card. I noticed there were 4 colored cards on the long table: blue, green, red and yellow. I took the card and went outside the panel room. I went back to the receptionist and gave the yellow card. And, she smiled wider this time.

 

“So, how is job hunting?” my Princess asked me after we settled ourselves on the bed.

 

“Tomorrow, we will have orientation”, I casually told her and put my one arm under her head.

 

“Apparently, they are head hunters for accounting firm, and also supplies personnel mostly on banks, so in-short an agency”, I continued while I caressed her arms and accidentally caressed her bosom. I continued on my ministration with her and she stiffened.

 

“That was fast. I thought I could persuade you to work with me”, she arched her back when I sensually caressed her lower back and thighs.

 

“How about your work?” I asked her back. I felt her head pressed harder on my chest. She whimpered on my touch.

 

“Oh my cheese cake, Seobang, stop it. I have my period”, she held my hand and bit it.

 

“But, I need you”, I frowned to her and continued teasing her. She heaved a long sigh and stared at me.

 

“Let’s get shower”, she uttered and stood up from bed then reached for my hand. I swiftly carried her in bridal style and brought her to our bathroom.

 

I stared long the building I was assigned to report. It was a last minute change of job order, or rather ordered from their top management. I had my assigned company already when Peter, the person I was discussing my assignment received a call. It turned out to be a favor between agencies. Another agency’s client was in need of assistant accounting personnel and it was immediate. He congratulated me because it was a multi-million company, and of course I was happy. But my happiness was short-lived when I found out the name of the company, The Jung Group of Companies. I might as well accepted Sica’s offered if I knew that this will happen.

 

“Hi, good morning, I am looking for Ms. Hyori of HR. I have an 11am appointment with her. I am Kwon Yuri by the way”, I smiled while I introduced myself.

 

“Ohh, you are Ms. Kwon Yuri, the accounting personnel. Ms. Hyori has been expecting you. I am Jane, Senior HR”, she stood up and extended her hand for a handshake and I accepted it, then she led me to a room.

 

“They had sent me your application, resume and credentials, and I am impressed. I will not conduct any more extensive interview as they already did and I trust their judgment. They are one of the best head hunters in town. I need to turn over you to Accounting Department.” Ms. Hyori simply stated after our introduction earlier.