Needed Me

Remember Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Daehyun’s POV*

The next morning Bang called for a meeting in the kitchen of the Ravi guy’s home. He explained to us everything that happened at the convention and what happened between him and Sooyoung.

I was surprised when I learned that Sooyoung was here the night before. I was also kind of disappointed that she didn’t stop by to say hi, but instead to drag us into the war. “So, Jaehwan was right…again. About someone being behind all this.” Jongup said.

Yongguk nodded.

“Hhhmm, you’re one smart kid little Jae.” I said, leaning back in my seat impressed. “It was just a lucky guess.” Jaehwan said bashfully.

“So you’re saying we’re getting involved in the war?” Himchan repeated, not liking the sound of it. “Unfortunately, we are.” Yongguk said. “What?! We can’t fight! No! That’s dangerous!” Himchan burst.

“Himchan, calm down and let me finish. We can probably stop the war before it starts by following Jaehwan’s advice, by stopping whoever is behind this.” Yongguk said.

“How are we going to do that?” Youngjae asked curiously.

“We can start by gathering any information throughout the town.” Hakyeon chimed.

“You’re going to help us?” Jongup questioned. “Of course! I want to prevent this war as much as you guys, why not?” Hakyeon winked.

Bang opened his mouth to object, but Zelo beat him to it. “That’s an awesome idea. Thanks.” He smiled. Bang studied the younger, finding no reason to reject the Incubus’s offer.

“We should start right away, meaning today. Who knows how far they’ve gotten.” Yongguk continued. “We need to also find traces on Sooyoung somehow.” Himchan added.

“Can’t we also get information from the Hex hunters?” Zelo suggested.

We all turned towards the only hunter in the kitchen. He had stood in the back, leaning against the wall his arms folded. He’d been listening closely.

He looked back at us. “Will you help us?” Zelo asked.

He looked at each and everyone one of us, biting his bottom lip, nervously. It was obvious that he was out of his element…waaay out of it. He took a deep breath. “Yes. I will.” He said firmly.

His four friends smiled, proud of him.

Yongguk slowly nodded, not a hundred percent convinced, “Can you get us into your Hex facility?” he questioned.

Ravi thought for a bit. “Yeah, I’m sure I can sneak you guys in, but I can’t guarantee your safety. I haven’t been there in a while, so I don’t know what improvements they’ve made.” He said. “That’s fine. I’ll go myself.” Yongguk said.

“No!” Zelo suddenly blurted. “Don’t go by yourself.” He begged.

“I have to. It’s too dangerous for anyone else to go.” He said.

“Then have Doojoon go with you.” Zelo said.

Yongguk’s eyes slightly widened not expecting him to say that. “Why…would…I…do…that?” he gritted through his teeth. “You’re both strong and smart. You’ll both make it back easily…please.” Zelo pleaded. “I’m not working with him.” Bang denied.

“Actually, we can use Beast’s help.” Jongup spoke up.

Yongguk glared at the Alpha, who wasn’t fazed at all. “I agree, we’ll be able to find whoever is behind this much faster.” Youngjae nodded.

“We’re not teaming up with them. They’re our enemies.” Bang said angrily.

“No. Doojoon is your enemy.” Youngjae corrected.

Yongguk shot a death glare at the younger. I sat up straight ready to defend Jae if anything happened. “How can you still consider them your enemy after they went out of their way to help us?” Youngjae questioned.

Bang’s irises turned red.

I extended my fangs.

“Hey, Bang. Cool it.” Himchan warned. “If we don’t get Beast’s help, then we may not be successful…we need their help…again…” Youngjae said, his voice severely stern, and his face stricken with seriousness. He wasn’t going to be intimidated by Yongguk. I was somewhat surprised, I’ve never seen this side of Youngjae before…I kinda liked it.

“Yongguk please.” Zelo said, resting his hand on his mate’s arm, in an attempt to calm him down. Bang closed his eyes and took a deep breath, at the sound of Zelo’s voice.

When he opened his eyes, his irises were back to a dark brown. “…fine…” he struggled to give in.

“Who’s going to convince Doojoon tow work with us?” I asked this time. “Youngjae and I will go. He won’t hurt us.” Zelo said.

“Okay, so this is what we’re going to do. Himchan and um, Hakyeon, you two scout any information from any humans today. Tonight, Daehyun and Jongup, I want you two to scout out any demons that live around here and find out any information on Sooyoung that you can. Hongbin, Hyuk, Jaehwan, and Taekwoon go search the edge of the city for anything, this afternoon…” Yongguk paused before continuing.

“…Junhong and Youngjae go to Beast’s manor, today and convince them. And Ravi, you’ll come with me whenever it’s time for us to go.” Yongguk finished. “Ayiyi Captain.” I stretched.

“Is that all?” Hyuk asked. The clan leader nodded.

“We should probably get going now.” Himchan said to Hakyeon. The incubus nodded and the two went to prepare for their search.

Himchan seemed a bit nervous as he tied his shoes. “Be safe.” Was all Jongup could say, before allowing him to leave. The elder just smiled, “I will.”

“The sooner we go, the sooner we can come back.” Hakyeon assured the vampire. Himchan just nodded. We all said our goodbyes before sending the two off.

 

The weather was dark and gloomy, complementing the mood. None of us wanted to go to war, but we had no choice. I wouldn’t mind it so much if Youngjae didn’t have to get involved. I almost lost him before and I wasn’t down for the idea of putting him through that risk again.

I spoke with Jongup over what we were going to do tonight and the places we should go to. I noticed that he seemed out of it the entire time.

I rest my hand on his shoulder. “Hey, don’t worry too much. You know Himchan can take care of himself. Though he can be a diva, he’s strong.” I smiled. The alpha just nodded. “It’s hard.” He ran his fingers through his hair.

“I know exactly how you feel, but Himchan will come back. Right now just focus on taking care of yourself so you can return to Himchan after tonight’s trek.” I told him. The younger gave me a small smile. “Thanks Dae.” He thanked. “No problem.” I smiled, standing up from where I was sitting.

I went to look for Youngjae, who ended up being in the backyard on the back porch. He was just staring out at the landscape, his face dominated by thoughts. “Jaejae~,” I cooed, hugging him from behind, resting my chin on his shoulder. He jumped slightly, but instantly relaxed in my arms. “What are you thinking about?” I asked.

He didn’t answer until a couple of minutes later. “I don’t know.” He admitted in defeat. “There’s so much going on in my mind. I-I don’t know where to start.” His voice quivered.

“Youngjae?” I looked at him concerned. He took a deep, shaky breath. “I have no idea what’s going to happen.” He said. “No one knows what’s going to happen.” I told him.

“No Daehyun…” He paused, his body trembled. “I’m scared.” He finally said.

“This is war. Millions of people die in war and nobody knows how long it’s going to last. No one knows when it’s going to be their last day.” He said the last part quietly. “Just when everything seemed to be going great.” He fought his tears.

“Youngjae, don’t think too far into the future. All we can do is focus on the here and now, and keep one another safe, and stick together. Just stay focused on the goal at hand, and I’ll make sure nothing happens to you or Jaehwan.” I spoke firmly, spinning him around to face me. “Daehyun, I need you to be alive too.” He said.

“I can do that…on one condition.”

He watched me, waiting for me to go on. “Promise that you won’t forget about me.” I said.

A silent tear streamed down his cheek as a smile formed on his lips. “That’s not much of a promise. I can never forget you.” He said.

“No. Don’t forget me. No matter what, don’t do anything to put your life at risk. Don’t do anything that will take you away from me, not matter what anybody else asks you to do. Don’t forget me, and I won’t forget you.” I explained.

Youngjae nodded in understanding. “I promise, I won’t forget you.” He smiled. “And one more thing.” I said. He just chuckled. “Something else?” he questioned.

“Promise….to love me.” I said. “Always love me.”

He laughed at this. “How is it possible to break that promise? You know I love you and always will.” He said.

“Come one~, just promise…for motivation.” I said.

The younger just shook his head. “Fine…I, Yoo Youngjae, promise to always love Jung Daehyun, and to never forget him.” He said.

I smiled widely and wrapped my arms around his waist. “Good.” I pecked him on his lips.

We spent the rest of the day on the back porch together. We didn’t say much but spoke about random things until it was time for Jongup and I to go.

Youngjae, Himchan, and Yongguk were the ones to send us off. Himchan and Hakyeon had returned about an hour prior to our own departure. They hadn’t found much useful information but figured that Jongup and I would have better luck in the night hour where secrets roamed freely.

Himchan gave Jongup a long, tight hug before letting him go. “Ready?” I asked the werewolf, who nodded in response. “If you can, ask questions, but don’t be too suspicious and don’t stand out.” Bang instructed. “Alright.” I said, now getting completely serious.

Youngjae gave me a quick hug, “Be safe.” He whispered in my ear. “You too.” I whispered back one last time before Jongup and I vanished into the dark, guided by our senses.

 

The first place we decided to scout was the center, most populous part of Gangnam. It was a bold move, but we would probably have better luck searching for other demons there.

The area was half empty. A lot of stores were closed and the few that were open either had very little people or had at least one or two hex hunters roaming in it. “Have you ever wondered where the Red Flag hunters might be?” Jongup said, quiet enough for only me to hear.

That was a really good question, they haven’t really shown much response to the hex hunters, which was strange. They usually always countered the hex and were successful at it. “I honestly don’t know…maybe they’re hiding.” I said. “Or maybe they joined the hex.” Jongup added. “Hopefully not.”

We went around asking the few demons that were there if they’d seen a girl named Sooyoung, and showed them a picture of her that I had. We even asked a coup

Please log in to read the full chapter