chapter eighteen.

Work Of Art

 

Minhee’s POV
 
It’s been a week since the whole situation with Donghae happened.  He’s in Taiwan now.  He’s been calling me to check up on me and updating me.  I can’t believe I snapped at him last week.  Why did I even do that? Why did I even get offended when he said he wouldn’t go for me?  He’s right… I’m with Jiyong so why would it even bother me…. I even told myself that I’m over Donghae because he will never love me that way.  He even confirmed it. Sigh.  I was currently with the 2ne1 members.  They had a photo shoot today and I had to follow them.  They were doing a photo shoot for one of their endorsement.
 
“Unnie can you help me zip this up?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“De.” I told her and helped her zip up.
 
“You excited for this photo shoot?” I asked her.
 
“Yeah. The clothes that they’re providing us is really nice. It’s just our style.” Chaerin grinned at me.
 
“That’s good. You guys look great. Go kick some .” I smiled at her.
 
“De unnie. You should come out and watch too.”
 
“I will. Just give me a minute.” I told her.
 
I cleaned the room a bit and headed towards the photo shoot.  Bom unnie and Minji were doing a duo shot while Dara unnie and Chaerin were on the sideline watching them.  I walked over to Dara unnie and Chaerin.
 
“They look really good.” I told them.
 
“Yeah. Minji looks so different. I didn’t recognize her at first.” Dara unnie told me.
 
“I know. She looks so pretty and grown up. I wouldn’t even know that she’s only sixteen.” I told her.
 
“I know. She’s the youngest yet she looks the most mature.” Chaerin added.
 
“Yeah. What’s the photo shoot for today?” I asked them.
 
“It’s for vogue.” Dara unnie told me.
 
“Ah I see. The clothes are really pretty. You guys all look so pretty.” I told them.
 
“Thank you.” Chaerin smiled at me.
 
“Bommie is going to get more fan boys.” Dara unnie told me.
 
“How so?” I asked her.
 
“She looks so flawless! She’s so freaking pretty and look at what she’s wearing. So many fan boys are going to drool over her!” Dara unnie told me.
 
“You guys will all gain fan boys after this spread.” I told her.
 
“Ani. Only Dara unnie and Bom unnie will gain more fan boys.  Minji and I will gain more fan girls.” Chaerin told me.
 
“That’s not true. There’s many guys who likes you and Minji too.” I told her.
 
“Ani. We’re lady killers not men killer.” Chaerin told me.
 
“Watch and see. A line of guys are going to line up for you.” I grinned at her.
 
“Whatever unnie. You’re just saying that to make me feel better.” Chaerin rolled her eyes at me.
 
“Nope. Just watch and see my dear.” I told her which caused Dara unnie to giggle.
 
“What are you guys giggling about?” I heard Bom unnie asking.
 
“Chaerin was telling Minhee how her and Minji has no fan boys and all they attract are girls.” Dara unnie explained. “And Minhee told her to watch and see because boys will be lining up for them.”
 
“Minhee’s right. You guys do have fan boys too but they just don’t make themselves known.” Bom unnie agreed with me.
 
“Whatever unnie. You’re just saying that to make me feel better.” Chaerin told her.
 
“Just watch and see. You guys are up next.” Bom unnie told them and they headed towards the set while Minji and Bom unnie stayed by my side.
 
“What does Chaerin unnie have to wait and see?” Minji asked Bom unnie.
 
“Fan boys.” She replied.
 
“Unnie has fan boys?!” She asked.
 
“Yes. Why are you so surprised?” 
 
“Because Chaerin unnie and I never have fan boys.” She told us.
 
“That’s not true. Your fan boys are probably shy so that’s why they don’t make themselves known.” I told her.
 
“Then how come Dara unnie and Bom unnie have them all the time?” She asked.
 
“It’s because their fan boys don’t care so that’s why they let them know. It just depends on who the guy is. Trust me… You guys do have fan boys.” I assured her.
 
“Whatever you say unnie.” She told us.
 
“Geez have more self confidence will ya!?” Bom unnie told her.
 
“I’m just stating the truth.”
 
“It’s not the truth. You guys have fan boys whether you guys like it or not.”
 
“No more of this talk unnie.” She told Bom.
 
“Fine. So Minhee, how are things with you and Jiyong?” Bom unnie asked me.
 
“They’re good. He’s been busy with his schedules so we don’t get to see each other as much but we talk on the phone a lot.” I told her.
 
“Ah I see. Oh yeah, he’s getting ready for his Japan promotions with the guys.” 
 
“De.” I told her.
 
“It’s okay. Jiyong oppa is going to take you out on one last date before he heads to Japan.” Minji told me.
 
“How do you know that?” I asked her.
 
“Because it’s Jiyong oppa. He’s one of the sweetest guys I know.” 
 
“Whatever you say Minji ah.” I told her.
 
The photo shoot was finally done and it took up half of the day.  The members invited me for dinner but I turned them down since I just wanted to go home and sleep.  I was walking home when I felt my phone vibrating.  It was Mr. Yang.
 
“Yes sir?”
 
“Call me Mr. Yang. I believe that you’re done with 2ne1’s schedule?”
 
“De Mr. Yang.”
 
“Come to the YG building. There’s something I need to talk to you about.”
 
“De.” I told him and headed towards the YG building.
 
I wonder what he wants to talk to me about.  I arrived at the building and headed towards Mr. Yang’s office.  I knocked on the door and he told me to come in.
 
“Come sit Minhee.” He told me while motioning for me to sit on the chair in front of him.
 
“De Mr. Yang.” I said and sat down. “Am I in trouble with Mr. Yang?”
 
“Why would you think that?” He started laughing.
 
“I don’t know. You wanted to see me so I assumed that I was in trouble.” I told him which caused him to laugh even more.
 
“You’re not in trouble Minhee. I called you because I found a great opportunity for you and I thought you should take it.” He said.
 
“Opportunity? What opportunity?” I asked him.
 
“You know that I’m close with people from SM Entertainment right?” He asked me.
 
“De.” I answered. “But what does that have to do with anything?”
 
“Well Sooman hyung called me the other day and he needed someone to design outfits for TVXQ and I told him how I knew someone who would be able to do that.” He told me.
 
“TVXQ?”
 
“Yeah. They’re a really famous duo and they’re having a concert in Seoul pretty soon and they need outfits for it. I think you should take up this job Minhee. It’s a good experience for you.” He told me.
 
“What about 2ne1?” I asked him.
 
“For now, you won’t be 2ne1’s stylist. I’ll find someone else for them while you work for TVXQ.  Their concert is in 2 months so you have 2 months to design everything. The pay is good and like I said it’s a great experience for you.” He told me.
 
“I’ll do it then Mr. Yang. When do I start?” I asked him.
 
“Tomorrow. You know how to get there right?” He asked me.
 
“De. Thank you for recommending me Mr. Yang.” I told him.
 
“No problem. You have potential Minhee and I think you need to show the world that.” He smiled at me. 
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at him.
 
“Well good luck tomorrow and have fun.” He told me.
 
“De. Thanks a lot.” I said.
 
“Anything for Ji’s girl.” He said.
 
“Y-you know?” I asked him.
 
“Jiyong told me since the day you guys got together.”
 
“Are you mad?”
 
“I’m not. You guys are humans and I can’t control what you guys do. Just don’t hurt each other and be careful in public.”
 
“De. Thank you.” I smiled at him.
 
“Thank you for making Jiyong happy.” He told me and I left.
 
I understand now why YG Entertainment is called YG Family.  He treats everyone in his company like his own family.  I’m thankful that I have a boss like him.  I can’t believe he gave me this opportunity.  
 
I was currently in my bathroom getting ready for my first day of work.  I was finally done and headed towards SM Entertainment.  I felt my phone vibrating and it was Jiyong.
 
“Hello?” I answered.
 
“Hey baby. Where are you?”
 
“I’m heading towards the SM building.”
 
“Why?” He asked me.
 
“Mr. Yang got me a job there.” I told him.
 
“But I thought you were working for YG. Why are you working for SM?”
 
“It’s a temporary job babe.  SM hired me to designs the outfits for TBXQ’s concert.” I told him and heard him laughing on the other line. “Why are you laughing?”
 
“It’s TVXQ babe. And wow that’s great.” He told me.
 
“De. Mr. Yang told me how I should show the world my abilities.” I told him.
 
“And he’s right. Good luck babe and have fun. You better not drool over them.” He told me.
 
“And why would I when I have you?” I .
 
“Because they’re really good looking! Especially Yunho hyung. He’s tall and manly. You better not fall for him.” He told me.
 
“I won’t. I only see Jiyong in my eyes.” I told him.
 
“I love you.” He laughed.
 
“I love you too. What are you doing today?”
 
“Nothing. I have the day off so I was wondering if you wanted to hang but I guess you’re busy.”
 
“Sorry.”
 
“It’s okay. Just call me when you get off and we can hang after.”  He told me.
 
“Arasso. I’m here already. I’ll call you later.”
 
“Alright. Good luck and have fun. But not too much fun.” He said.
 
“De. I love you and bye.” I told him and hung up.
 
The SM Building wasn’t like the YG Building.  I think I prefer YG over SM. I’m not being biased but that’s what I think.  I walked into the building and headed towards the receptionist.
 
“Hello. Welcome to SM Entertainment. How many I help you?” She asked me.
 
“Hi. I have an appointment with Mr. Lee Sooman.” I told her.
 
“Can I have your name?”
 
“Choi Minhee.” I told her and she typed something into the computer.
 
“Right. Go up to floor 9 and Mr. Lee should be there.” She smiled at me and handed me a pass.
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at her and grabbed the pass and walked towards the elevator.  
 
I arrived at the 9th floor and walked towards Mr. Lee’s office.  I knocked on the door and I heard someone telling me to come in.
 
“You must be Minhee?” He smiled at me.
 
“De. Hi I’m Choi Minhee and it’s nice to meet you.” I bowed to him.
 
“Have a seat.” He told me.
 
“De.” I replied and walked over to the seat in front of his desk.
 
“I believe Mr. Yang told you about your job description.” He told me.
 
“De.” I replied.
 
“Well I trust his words and believe that you’ll do a great job.  You have two months to finish with everything but I need a blueprint of all the outfits in two weeks.”
 
“De.”
 
“No need to be shy. I don’t bite.” He smiled at me.
 
“I’m sorry.”
 
“No need to apologize. Well, I’m going to send you to where TVXQ and their manager are and their manager will give you more details.” He told me.
 
“De sir.” I told him.
 
“Just call me Mr. Lee.” He smiled and told me to follow him.
 
We took the elevator and arrived at the 11th floor.  We walked into a room and it looked like a rehearsal rooms.  There were mirrors on every wall and I saw three tall guys sitting on the floor.  Two of them were covered in sweat… I guess they’re TVXQ.  I couldn’t see their faces since their backs were facing towards me.  The non-sweaty one looked over at us.
 
“Mr. Lee what are you doing here?” He asked while the other two got up and bowed to him.
 
“This is the girl that I was telling you about Shin.” Mr. Lee answered.
 
“Oh the one who is going to design the outfits for the concert?”
 
“Yup. I brought her here to introduce her to you guys. Please treat her well. I’m off now.” He said and the three guys bowed to him.
 
“Hi I’m Lee Shin and I’m TVXQ’s manager.” The non-sweaty one said.
 
“Hi I’m Choi Minhee. It’s nice to meet you.” I bowed at him.
 
“This is Jung Yunho and this is Shim Changmin.” He told me.
 
“Hi.” I bowed to them.
 
“Hi. It’s nice to meet you and thank you for designing our outfits.” One of them said. “I’m Yunho by the way.”
 
Wait. How come he looks so familiar?  And why does that name sound so familiar?
 
“Yunho?” I asked.
 
“Yeah. Is something wrong?”
 
“You look really familiar.” I told him.
 
“Maybe you saw me on TV.”
 
“I don’t think so. I don’t even know who TVXQ is.” I told him.
 
“YOU DON’T?!” Both guys shouted.
 
“De.” I told them.
 
“Wow. So you don’t know much about the idol world then?” Changmin asked me.
 
“De.” I replied.
 
“What groups do you know then?”
 
“I just know Big Bang and 2ne1 since I work for YG Entertainment.  I know Super Junior.” I told them.
 
“You know Super Junior but not us?” Changmin pouted.
 
“Sorry. It’s because my best friend is in that group.”
 
“Best friend? Who?” Yunho asked me.
 
“Lee Donghae.” I replied.
 
“Donghae’s your best friend? So that means you’re from Mokpo?!” Yunho asked.
 
“De. How’d you know I’m from Mokpo?” I asked him.
 
“Because I’m from Mokpo too!” He said.
 
Wait. Now I remember!
 
“Oh my goodness. It’s you!” I smiled at him.
 
“Wow. It’s been forever! How have you’ve been Minhee?” Yunho grinned at me and pulled me into a hug.
 
“I’m good. I didn’t know you were in this group! Donghae told me how you went to Seoul to pursue your dreams of becoming a singer but I didn’t know anything else!” I hugged him back.
 
“Wow. That loser didn’t even tell me that he still talks to you! When’d you get to Seoul?”
 
“A few months ago. I have a job here now.” I broke the hug and grinned at him.
 
“I can’t believe that it’s really you!” He smiled.
 
“Well believe it.” I told him.
 
“What’s going on here?” Changmin asked while their manager just stared at us.
 
“We grew up together but lost contact with each other.” Yunho explained.
 
“Ah I see. So you guys were like the three musketeers?” Changmin asked.
 
“De.” Yunho grinned.
 
“Well enough with the reunion.  I have to explain to Minhee everything so you guys go and continue your practicing.” Shin told the two guys.
 
It took Shin 30 minutes to explain to me everything.  After he was done, he headed out so he can prepare the paper works and everything else for me.  He left me with the two members.  The members stopped their rehearsals and walked over to me.
 
“So are you free after this?” Yunho asked me.
 
“Ani. I have plans.” I told him.
 
“Ah. Next time then. I’ll treat you out since it’s been forever.”
 
“De.” I smiled at him.
 
“Changmin ah, you should be careful with this one. I think she can out eat you!”
 
“Pfft, no one can out eat me hyung.” Changmin bragged.
 
“Just watch and see then.” He told him. “Are you done now Minhee?”
 
“De. I’m going to head out. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”
 
“You’re coming back tomorrow?”
 
“Yup. I have to get your measurements and see the set list so I can know what and how to design your outfits.” I told him.
 
“Alright. See you tomorrow.” Yunho said and pulled me into a hug.
 
“De. I’ll see both of you guys tomorrow.” I broke the hug and told them.
 
I can’t believe Yunho is in TVXQ! It feels good to see him again.  I can’t believe that Donghae and Yunho are from the same company! What a small world.  I left the building and took out my phone to call Jiyong.
 
“Hello?” He answered.
 
“Hey I’m done. Are you free?” I asked him.
 
“I’m free. Where are you?” He asked.
 
“I just left the building.” I told him.
 
“Um just meet me at my dorm then.” He said.
 
“Alright. I’ll see you in ten minutes.” I told him.
 
“Alright. Be careful and I love you.”
 
“Love you too.” I told him and hung up.
 
I started walking towards Jiyong’s dorm.  I can’t wait to hang out with Jiyong. It’s been a while since I last saw him and I miss him.  I just wanted to spend some quality time with my boyfriend.  I finally arrived at his dorm and knocked on the door.  Jiyong opened it with a big grin on his face.
 
“You’re here.”
 
“De. Can I come in or are you going to make me stand here?” I .
 
“Come on in.” He said and moved so I can walk through the door.
 
“Where are the others?” I asked him.
 
“They’re all out with their friends or family.” He told me.
 
“I see. So what are we doing today?” I asked him.
 
“Nothing. I cooked us dinner and I thought we should just watch a movie here.” He said. “How does that sound?”
 
“It sounds perfect.” I smiled at him and gave him a peck on his lips.
 
“Alright. Sit on the counter. The food’s almost done.” He told me.
 
“Do you need any help?” I asked him.
 
“No. Just sit there and be a good girl.” 
 
“Alright then.” I smiled at him and sat on the counter while watching him cook.
 
“You look really y cooking.” I told him which caused him to laugh.
 
“Well I’m flattered that you think I’m y.” He told me.
 
After he was done with cooking, he set the table and we had our dinner.  
 
“So how is it?” He asked me.
 
“The food’s great. I didn’t know that you could cook!” I told him.
 
“There’s a lot you don’t know about me.” He told me.
 
“Well I guess that I should get to know you better.” I smiled at him.
 
“You better.” He told me.
 
“I could get use to a husband cooking for me.” I told him and realized what I had just said.
 
“I didn’t know you wanted to marry me. Why thank you Minhee.” He teased me.
 
“I-I didn’t say I want to marry you!” I told him.
 
“Sure. Keep telling yourself that.” He smirked at me.
 
“Wipe that smirk off your face now or else I will do it.” I warned him.
 
“Fine wifey.” He smiled.
 
“I’m not your wifey!” I told him.
 
“You’re not now but one day you will be.” He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but blush. “You’re blushing.”
 
“Am not!” I told him.
 
“You so are blushing.” He teased me.
 
“You’re so mean. I’m leaving now.” I told him and got up from my seat.
 
“I’m kidding.” He said. “I won’t tease you anymore.”
 
“You better.” I told him and sat down again.
 
We were finally finished with dinner and I offered to help him clean up but he didn’t let me.  He told me to wait in the living room.  I was sitting on the couch while waiting for him to finish with the cleaning.
 
“Done.” He said and took a seat next to me.
 
“So what do you want to do now?” I asked him.
 
“Let’s watch a movie.” He told me and got up from his seat and headed towards the TV.  He put in a disc and sat down next to me again.
 
“What are we watching?” I asked him.
 
“Finding Nemo.” He said.
 
“Finding Nemo? Why?” I laughed at him. “Are you a kid or something?”
 
“No. I just like the movie! You’re so mean!” He pouted at me.
 
“I’m kidding. Don’t pout anymore.” I told him and kissed him on his cheeks.
 
“Do you like Finding Nemo?” He asked me.
 
“Yeah I like it.” I smiled at him and cuddled in his arms.
 
I secretly loved Finding Nemo.  Finding Nemo reminded me of Donghae because he loves the movie.  It was Donghae’s movie and I loved it.  I wonder how Donghae was doing?  I wonder if he’s enjoying his stay in Taiwan?  Things have been awkward for the two of us and it’s all my fault.  
 
“What’s with the sighing?” Jiyong asked me.
 
“Nothing. It’s just it makes me mad that the guy kidnapped Nemo.” I told him.
 
“You were sighing because of that?” He started chuckling.
 
“De.” I told him.
 
“You know it’s just a movie right and if he didn’t get kidnapped then Marlon would still be overprotective of Nemo.” He told me.
 
“I know that but I hate problems.”
 
“Well if there isn’t any problems then there would be no fun at all.” He told me.
 
“I guess.” I told him.
 
“Let’s watch the movie okay?”
 
“De.” I told him and we both turned our attention to the TV.
 
I ended up spending the night at Jiyong’s.  It felt great to be in his arms.  I felt safe and I know I’m going to dread it once he leaves for Japan.  Why is everyone that I love going overseas?!