Chapter fifteen.

Work Of Art

 

Minhee’s POV
 
After 2ne1’s performance, the girls were done for the day so they let me off work.  I decided to visit Jiyong at the YG building.  The guys told me that he was there so I decided to surprise him.  I bought some food for us and I knew that he probably didn’t eat yet.  I was making my up to the building and I arrived at Jiyong’s recording studio.  I was about to open the door when I heard a girl giggling.  Who the heck is that?  I opened the door slightly and saw a really pretty girl sitting with Jiyong and they were laughing.  Who is she?  Is he cheating on me?  My phone rang and this got their attention.  .
 
“Minhee? What are you doing here?” Jiyong asked me and got up from his seat and walked towards me.
 
“The guys told me that you were still here and I thought I’d surprised you.” I told him. “I guess you have company.”
 
“Come in. She’s a friend of mine.” He told me and dragged me inside. “Minhee this is my friend Jung Jessica.”
 
“Hi it’s nice to meet you.” I told her.
 
“It’s nice to meet you too.” She smiled fakely at me.
 
“Jessica is part of a band called SNSD.  We were trainees together when I was a trainee at SM.” He told me.
 
SNSD? The band that Yoona’s in.  What’s up with people being y in that group?
 
“Ah I see.” I said.
 
“Jessica. This is my friend Minhee.” Jiyong said.
 
“Minhee? Where have I heard that name before? Does she work here oppa?” Jessica said.
 
Oppa? She calls him oppa? I don’t even call him oppa!  & why did he introduce us as just friends?
 
“She was our stylist but now she's 2ne1's.” He smiled at her.
 
“Ah I see.” She said. “It’s nice to meet you Minhee-ssi.”
 
“It’s nice to meet you to.” I told her.
 
We all sat on the couch and I handed them the bag of food.  Jessica took the bag from me and started feeding Jiyong.  Jiyong opened his mouth and let her feed him.  They were talking about their trainee days and laughing with one another.  I couldn’t help but feel hurt.  He forgot that I’m here.  I’m suppose to be his girlfriend here but I feel like a third wheel.   Is this what you meant that you will take care of me?
 
“You want some Minhee?” He finally asked me.
 
“It’s fine. I’m not hungry.” I told him and took out my phone and pretended to text someone.
 
“You sure?” He asked.
 
“Just eat.” I told him and continued to look at my phone.
 
“Alright.” He said and turned his attention back to Jessica.
 
Am I missing something? We were just fine yesterday!  Why is he acting like this?  I couldn’t take it anymore so I got up from the couch.
 
“I remember I have plans. I’ll see you later.” I told him.
 
“Alright.” He said without looking at me.
 
“It was nice meeting you Jessica-ssi.” I told her.
 
“Same. Bye.” She told me.
 
I walked out of the recording room and walked towards the elevator.  I didn’t realize that I was crying.  The elevator opened and I walked in… I didn’t notice that Dongwook oppa was in there.
 
“Minhee what’s wrong?” He asked me.
 
“It’s nothing oppa.” I told him.
 
“Tell me.”
 
“It’s Jiyong.” I smiled sadly at him.
 
“What’d he do?”
 
“I wanted to surprise him so I came here and I saw him with Jessica.  He didn’t even acknowledge me.  He was talking to her the whole time and he didn’t even talk to me.  I’m the girlfriend yet I feel like the third wheel.” I cried.
 
“Minhee. It’s okay.” Dongwook oppa pulled me into a hug. “Ji’s not like this. There has to be some misunderstanding.”
 
“Why would he do this? We were fine yesterday. He said he wouldn’t hurt me.” 
 
“Do you want me to talk to him?” He asked.
 
“It’s okay.” I told him and the door opened. “Thanks oppa. I’ll see you around.”
 
I walked out of the elevator and exited the building.  Stupid Kwon Jiyong… you said that you weren’t going to hurt me and the first thing you do is hurt me.  I decided to just walk around.  I walked a few miles away from the building.
 
“Minhee what are you doing here?” Bom unnie asked me.
 
“I was just walking around. What are you doing here?” I asked her.
 
“I live around here.  I went to go buy some snacks for the members.” She told me.
 
“I see.” I told her.
 
“Why are your eyes red? Have you’ve been crying? I thought you were suppose to hang out with Jiyong.” She told me.
 
I didn’t say anything and stared at the floor.
 
“Minhee what’s wrong?” She asked me and I broke down.
 
“I feel so stupid unnie. He said he would never hurt me and I believed him.” I cried.
 
“Minhee what happened?” She asked me and pulled me into a hug.
 
I told her everything.
 
“What an idiot!  What the hell is his problem?! I don’t get it.  He worked so hard to finally get you and this is how he treats you?!” She said.
 
“What should I do now unnie?” I asked her.
 
“Nothing! Just ignore that idiot! I can’t believe he would do something like that!” She said.
 
“Ignore him?”
 
“De. Ignore him. Give him the cold shoulders so he knows not to do it next time.” She told me.
 
“Should I?”
 
“Yup. You should. He’s an idiot. Wait until I get my hands on that kid.” She said.
 
“Unnie don’t say anything! It’ll get better. I’ll just ignore him for now then.” I told her.
 
“You better. Come and stay with us girls tonight.” She told me.
 
“De.” I said and followed her to 2ne1’s dorm.
 
We arrived at the door and unnie opened the door.
 
“GIRLS I’M HOME!” Unnie yelled.
 
“Did you buy the snacks?!” Minji shouted back.
 
“Yes.” She said and we walked to where they were.
 
“Unnie what are you doing here?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“Why are your eyes red?” Minji asked me.
 
“Aren’t you suppose to be hanging out with Jiyong?” Dara unnie asked.
 
“Don’t talk about that freaking idiot.” Bom unie told them.
 
“Why? What’d oppa do?” Chaerin asked.
 
Bom ended up telling them everything.
 
“Wow Jiyong oppa is an idiot. Unnie you should ignore him for now.” Chaerin told me.
 
“Oppa’s so stupid.  Why would you go and do something like that?!” Minji said.
 
“I seriously need to teach this guy a lesson on how to treat girls.” Dara unnie said.
 
“Thanks guy but don’t do anything. I’m okay.” I smiled at them.
 
We stayed up the whole night getting to know each other better.  They were really nice and down to earth girls.  I’m glad that I’m their stylist.  I love these girls and I wish nothing but the best for them.  
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I woke up with a terrible head ache.  Why the hell did I drink so much?!  I got up from my bed and walked towards the kitchen.  I was thirsty.  I saw a note on a drink and it was from Hyukjae telling me to drink this.  Hyukjae is a life saver…. This is why he’s my best friend.  
 
“Hyung you’re awake already?” Kyuhyun asked me.
 
“Yeah. Where’s everyone else?” I asked them.
 
“They all went on their schedules.” he told me.
 
“Do I have any schedules today?” I asked him.
 
“Nopes. We’re the only ones without schedule.” 
 
“I see.”
 
“How are you feeling hyung?”
 
“I feel like .  My head hurts.” I told him.
 
“I know that hyung. I meant your heart.” He said.
 
“It still hurts but there’s nothing I can do now.” I told him.
 
“I see. Just give it some time hyung. It’ll heal.” 
 
“I know. Thanks Kyuhyun. I’m going to go shower now.” I told him.
 
“De hyung.”
 
Kyuhyun’s right.  It’ll take some time for my heart to heal.  I just have to hang in there.  I should just be there Minhee now.  I’ll just be the greatest best friend that she has ever had.  I decided to call her to see if she was busy today or not.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey are you busy today?” I asked her.
 
“I was just planning on staying home and drawing sketches.  Why?”
 
“Want to hang out today if you’re free?” 
 
“Not today.” She told me.
 
“Why not?”
 
“I’m just not in the mood to hang out.” She said.
 
"What's wrong?" I asked her.
 
“Nothing. I’ll talk to you later.” She said and hung up.
 
I know something’s wrong with her.  She’s usually cheerful.  She sounded so gloomy and sad.  Did something happen to her? Jiyong better not hurt her or else I’ll kill him.  I decided to give her a surprise visit.
 
“Hyung where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked me once he saw me heading towards the door.
 
“I’m going out for a bit.” I told him and left.
 
I walked to my car and sped off towards Minhee’s apartment.  Minhee you better be okay.  I finally arrived at Minhee’s apartment and ran towards her place.  I rang the door bell and no one answered.  A few minutes later, Minhee opened the door.  She looked like a mess… her eyes were red and swollen and her hair was a mess.  Something definitely happened to her!
 
“What are you doing here?” She asked me emotionless.
 
“What’s going on Minhee? What happened?” I asked her.
 
“Come in first.” She said and I followed her inside her place.  We sat on her couch.
 
“Spill it.” I told her.
 
“Nothing.” She said.
 
“Don’t lie to me. Why are you eyes swollen and red then?!” I raised my voice at her.
 
“Why are you even getting mad?” She asked me.
 
“Because I’m your best friend and I don’t like seeing you hurt!” I told her.
 
“It’s nothing!”
 
“Don’t lie to me Choi Minhee.” I told her.
 
“Fine.” She said.
 
She ended up telling me everything.  That bastard… wait until I get my hands on him.
 
“He’s a freaking idiot.” I told her.
 
“I felt so pathetic.  I felt like a third wheel and I’m his girlfriend.” She started crying.
 
“Minhee don’t cry. He’s not worth your tears.” I told her and pulled her into a hug.
 
“I can’t help it. I feel so stupid Donghae.” She cried into my chest.
 
“Don’t feel stupid. He’s an idiot for treating you like that.”
 
“I don’t even know why he acted like that.  He told me that he would never hurt me.  I trusted him too.”
 
“Have you tried talking to him?”
 
“No. He didn’t even call me.  Unnie told me to ignore him until he talks.” 
 
“Then do that then.”
 
“I miss him though.” She cried.
 
My heart broke when she said that.  My heart hurts seeing her like this.  I wish I could do something to make her pain go away.  If I could, I would bear this pain just for you Minhee.
 
“It’s okay Minhee. He’ll come around. For now, I’ll be here for you.” I tried calming her down. “Don’t cry anymore Minhee.”
 
“You promise?” She sniffed.
 
“I promise you.  I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be here when you need a shoulder to cry on and when you need someone to lean on. I’ll be by your side forever.” I told her.
 
“Thank you.” She said and calmed down.
 
“Anything for you Minhee.” I told her and I meant it to.  I would do anything for you.  Name it and I’ll do it.
 
“You’re the best friend ever.” She broke the hug and smiled at me.
 
“That’s my girl.” I told her and wiped the remaining tears away from her eyes.
 
“Let’s hang out today then.” She told me.
 
“We don’t have to.” I told her.
 
“I want to.” She said.
 
“Let’s just watch movies at your place and I’ll order some take out.” I told her.
 
“Sounds like a plan.” She smiled at me.
 
We ended up ordering some Chinese food and watched 80’s movies together.  Minhee’s a er for those movies.  I secretly loved them too.  We were on the couch watching Pretty in Pink and she was cuddled in my arms.  I loved having her in my arms.
 
“He’s so stupid. I can’t believe he got manipulated by his friend to ditch her!” Minhee said.
 
“Yeah. He’s lame for caring about his reputation.” I told her.
 
“If you had to choose between your fame or the love of your life who would you choose?” She asked me.
 
“Easy. I would choose the love of my life.” I told her.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because she would be the one spending the rest of her life with me.  Sure I have my fans but I wouldn’t have that one person that I truly love and want to be with.  I’d feel lonely.” I told her.
 
“Good point.” She said.
 
“How about you? Your boutique or the love of your life?”
 
“Love of my life.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Same reasons as you.  Sure it’s my dream to own a boutique shop but it’s my bigger dreams to find the love of my life and start a family with him.” She told me.
 
“Have you’ve found yours yet?” I asked her.
 
“Not yet.” She said. “What about you?”
 
“Not yet either.” I told her but I lied.  I realize that Minhee’s the one for me.
 
“You’ll find her soon enough.” She told me. I already did… she’s right in front of me.
 
“You too. Jiyong will realize his mistake.” I told her.
 
“I guess. Let’s not talk about him.” She said.
 
“Okay. Let’s continue to watch the movie.” I said and we turned our attention back to the TV.
 
The rest of the night was great.  We watched more movies and talked to each other.  We ended up falling asleep next to each other.
 
After that day, Minhee and I started talking to one another more.  She’s back to the Minhee I knew back in the days.  I always called her to make sure she was eating on time and if she was taking care of herself.  We see each other often since 2ne1 is on music shows while we’re promoting too.  Jiyong still hasn’t talked to her yet and it’s been a week.  I seriously wonder what his problem is.  Minhee is doing better but I know she’s still kind of sad.  I tried asking Jessica about the problem but she said it wasn’t anything and that Minhee is overreacting.
 
I just wish I could do something for Minhee.  I don’t want her hurting.  It makes me sad to know that she’s like this.  I was on my way back home from a schedule and I saw Jiyong walking through the park.  I asked my manager to stop and ran out of the car.  I ran after Jiyong.
 
“Jiyong!” I called after him and he stopped and turned around.
 
“Yes?” He asked me.
 
He’s going to act like nothing happened.  What a dip !!!  I walked up to him and punched him in the face and he fell down to the floor.
 
“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” He shouted at me.
 
“I COULD SAY THE SAME THING YOU JACK ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO MINHEE RIGHT NOW?! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ACTING LIKE THAT?!” I shouted at him.
 
“My problems with Minhee has nothing to do with you. Stay out of it.” He told me coldly.
 
“It is my problem if my best friend is hurting.” I told him.
 
“Best friend? You practically ignored her for two years.” He scoffed.
 
“At least I’m making it up to her now.  What kind of a boyfriend makes his girlfriend feel like a third wheel and ignore her up until now?  You don't even introduce her as your girlfriend!” I told him.
 
“You don’t know anything so shut up.” He told me.
 
“Do you know how much Minhee is hurting?!  She’s suffering and I know she’s not okay even when she says she is.  She really likes you and she trusted that you wouldn’t hurt her.  Why are you even doing this?” I asked him.
 
“S-she’s hurt?” He asked me.
 
“Of course she’s hurt! How else would she feel when her own boyfriend is ignoring her for some other girl right in front of her face!” I told him.
 
“I-I didn’t mean to hurt her.” He said.
 
“Well don’t tell me this. You should go explain everything to her.  Stop hurting her Jiyong.  You promised her that you wouldn’t so stay true to your words.”
 
“Why are you even doing this for her?”
 
“Because she’s my best friend and I don’t like seeing her hurt.” I told him. “Now go find her and work things out with her.  She really likes you.”
 
“Alright. Thanks a lot Donghae. I was wrong about you.” He said and ran off.
 
Please be happy Minhee.