Chapter thirteen

Work Of Art

 

This whole week went by so quick! I can’t believe I’m leaving for Seoul already.  I had a lot of fun spending time with my family and Donghae.  Donghae’s been hanging out with me every day.  We didn’t even talk about the whole “kissing on the cheek” incident.  I’m glad that he didn’t bring it up.  I was waiting for Donghae to come pick me up so we can go back to Seoul together.  He was finally here and I said my goodbyes to my family and got in the car.
 
“Ready to head back to Seoul now?” He grinned at me.
 
“Not really.” I told him.
 
“Same here. I love how I have my privacy here.” He said.
 
“Yeah. Too bad you won’t be getting that once we get back to Seoul.”
 
“Yeah.” He said. “Let’s go shall we?”
 
“Oh yeah. Stop by the bakery. Mrs. Park says to pick up some bread before we leave.” I told him.
 
“And of course you couldn’t say no.” He teased me.
 
“Whatever. Let’s just go there.” I told him.
 
We arrived at the bakery and entered the place.  Mrs. Park already had a bag full of bread for me.
 
“You didn’t have to give us this much!” I told her.
 
“I want to though. It’s not like you can come here every day now.” She smiled at me.
 
“Thank you Mrs. Park.” I smiled at her.
 
“Donghae you’re here too?” She asked him.
 
“De. I’m her ride back to Seoul.” He told her.
 
“Ah where’s the handsome guy that you came here with last time?” She asked me.
 
“He left already.”
 
“That’s a shame.” She said.
 
“Mrs. Park you know I’m still here right?” He told her.
 
“And?” 
 
“You’re mean.” He pouted and left the store.
 
“He’s such a baby.” Mrs. Park laughed.
 
“I know.” I joined in. “Well thank you for the bread. I’ll make sure to visit you again.”
 
“De. Have a safe trip. Bye Minhee.”
 
The whole car ride no one said anything.  Donghae didn’t even look over at me.  Is he really mad?
 
“Yah are you mad?” I asked him but no response. “Yah. I’m sorry.”
 
Still no response.
 
“Lee Donghae. You better talk to me or else I’ll ignore you too.” I warned him.
 
“Fine. You win.” He said and I smiled at him.
 
“Thank you.”
 
The rest of the car trip we just talked about random things while I fed him bread.  I’m glad that I got to spend so much time with Donghae this week.  It made me realize how much I miss his company… it made me realize that I never want to lose him as a friend.  We finally arrived in front of my apartment.
 
“Thanks for taking me back and thank you for spending this week with me.” I smiled at him.
 
“No problem.  I had a lot of fun. I’ll see you around Minhee. Call me when you want to hang out.” He told me.
 
“De. Thanks again. Call me when you get home.”
 
“Alright. Bye.” He said.
 
“Bye.” I said and got out of the car and waved him goodbye.
 
I walked up to my apartment and went straight into my bedroom.  I was tired and I just wanted to take a nap.  This week has been amazing! No drama and everything was perfect.  Thank you Mr. Yang for giving me a vacation…
 
It’s been a week since my trip to Mokpo with Donghae.  We have been talking on the phone a lot.  We couldn’t really hang out because I’m busy with work and he’s busy with his schedule.  I was currently in one of the rooms at YG Entertainment working on my sketches and I heard someone knocking on the door.  It was the 2ne1 girls minus Dara.
 
“Unnie what are you doing in here?” Minji asked me.
 
“I’m just working on some sketches.” I smiled at her.
 
“You’re always working on some sketches!” Chaerin told me.
 
“Can we see?” Bom unnie asked me.
 
I nodded my head and handed them my sketches.
 
“Omg I would totally buy this!” Bom unnie said.
 
“I would too! You should design this unnie and make a line!” Minji said.
 
“They’re so good! Why don’t you get these made?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“I don’t think they’re good enough.” I smiled at them.
 
“You’re crazy unnie. These are crazy good! I would totally wear these.” Chaerin said.
 
“Well I can’t really do anything.” I told them.
 
“Why not unnie?” Minji asked.
 
“I don’t know.” I told her. “Why are you guys here?”
 
“We were bored so we decided to go find you. We can’t wait to have you as our stylist.  Everybody who saw our debut stage loved your designs.” Chaerin told us.
 
“That’s good.” I smiled at her.
 
“How was your trip to Mokpo?” Bom unnie asked me.
 
“It was fun. Thank god for Jiyong.” I said.
 
“Why?” Minji asked me.
 
“He drove me to Mokpo.” I told them.
 
“HE DID?!” They all asked.
 
“De. I didn’t have a ride and he offered me a ride.  He spent a night at my house and I toured him the city.” I told them.
 
“Wow.” Minji said.
 
“He lied to us.” Chaerin said.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“He said he was going somewhere with his family.” Bom unnie said.
 
“I’m sorry.” I told them.
 
“You didn’t do anything though. He did.” Bom unnie smiled at me.
 
“Can you answer us truthfully unnie?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“What?”
 
“Do you like Jiyong oppa?”
 
“We’re just friends guys.” I told them.
 
“But do you like him?” Minji asked.
 
“I-I don’t know. He’s sweet and everything but there’s someone else.  I know I don’t have a chance with him because he doesn’t look at me that way.”
 
“Who unnie?” Minji asked me.
 
“You can trust us Minhee.” Bom unnie told me.
 
“Super Junior’s Donghae.”
 
“Really?! Aren’t you guys from the same town?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“De. He’s my best friend.” I told her.
 
“WHAT?!” They all shouted.
 
I ended up telling them everything.  Even about the Mokpo trip.
 
“Wow. Unnie I think you’re stuck in a love triangle.” Minji said.
 
“No I’m not.” I told her.
 
“You are.” Unnie told me.
 
“Really?” I asked her.
 
“Really.”
 
“This isn’t good.” Chaerin said.
 
“I think you should give Jiyong a chance.” Bom unnie said. “He’s a good guy and you said that Donghae only sees you as a sister.”
 
“I don’t want to use Jiyong to get over Donghae.” I told her.
 
“You won’t. I know you’re going to fall for him.  I can tell that you kind of like him already.” Bom unnie told me.
 
“Give oppa a chance. He really likes you.” Minji said.
 
“H-he likes me?”
 
“You can’t tell? He’s so smitten by you unnie. You can tell that he likes you a lot.” Chaerin told me.
 
“Give him a chance. Think it over.” Bom unnie told me.
 
“What about Dara-ssi?” I asked them.
 
“What does unnie have to do with this?” Minji asked me.
 
“She told me to stay away from him.” I told them.
 
“Wait she did?! Does unnie like Jiyong?” Chaerin asked.
 
“She does.” Unnie answered. “But I want Jiyong to be happy and he’s happy when he’s with you Minhee. Just think about it okay?”
 
“De.” I told them and they left the room.
 
Jiyong likes me?  But do I like him?  And if I do give him a chance… doesn’t it mean that I’m using him to get over Donghae?  What should I do then?
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
After the trip to Mokpo, I realized that my feelings for Minhee are strong.  I want to confess to her.  I know that she’s in love with Donghae but I want to show her that she should choose me.  I want to make her happy.  I took out my phone and called my noona.
 
“Jiyongie?”
 
“Noona? Are you busy?”
 
“Ani. I’m just watching TV. What’s up?” She asked me.
 
“Noona. Do you have an extra opening for your online site?” I asked her.
 
“I do. Why?”
 
“I know someone who’s talented and she can design really well.  You should check out her stuff and sell them on your site.” I told her.
 
“I’ll see. Just show me her work and I’ll think about it.” She told me.
 
“Thanks noona.” I told her.
 
“Who’s this girl Ji?”
 
“A friend of mine.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“Yes. Why?”
 
“You wouldn’t do something like this just for a friend.” She said.
 
“Fine. There’s this girl that I like and I just want to help her.” I told her.
 
“In that case, send her to me so I can see her work.” She said.
 
“No I’ll just send you her work. You’re going to scare her off.” I told her.
 
“Ani. I see the girl or no site.” She said.
 
“Fine. I’ll tell her.”
 
“Sweet. See you later Jiyongie. I can’t wait to meet this girl.” She said.
 
“Bye noona. Thanks a lot.” I said and hung up.
 
Thank you Dami noona! I can’t wait to tell Minhee the good news!!!!  I got up from my seat and decided to go look for her.  I knew she was still in the building.  Where would she be though?
 
“Oppa!” Minji called me and Bom noona and Chaerin were with her.
 
“Oh hey. Where did you guys just come from?” I asked them.
 
“We were with Minhee unnie.” She told me.
 
“Minhee? Where is she now?” I asked her.
 
“She’s in the last room.” Minji told me.
 
“Thanks. I’ll see you guys later.” I told them and ran off to Minhee’s room.
 
I opened the door and saw Minhee drawing on her pad.  She looked up once she heard the door open.
 
“What are you doing here?” She asked me.
 
“I have good news for you.” I smiled at her.
 
“What?”
 
“You know how my sister has an online clothing store right?”
 
“Right.”
 
“Well I just asked her if you can design some clothes for her site and she said she wants to take a look at your work.” He said.
 
“Are you serious?” She asked.
 
“Dead serious.” I grinned at her.
 
“Thank you Jiyong!!” She ran over to me and pulled me into a hug.
 
“No problem.” I laughed and returned the hug.
 
“What can I do to make it up to you?” She said.
 
Maybe this is my chance to ask her out.
 
“Go on a date with me.” I said and she broke the hug.
 
“What?”
 
“Go on a date with me.” I grinned.
 
“You serious?”
 
“Serious. So what do you say?”
 
“Sure.” She said.
 
Did she just accept?! She did!!!!!! I feel like the luckiest guy on Earth!!!!!!!!!
 
“Great. Date’s tomorrow then.” I grinned at her. “Be ready by 7.”
 
“De.” She smiled at me.
 
I can’t believe I have a date with Minhee!
 
Minhee’s POV
 
I can’t believe Jiyong asked me out and I said yes!  What am I going to do now? What am I going to wear? How am I going to act around him!?  Maybe the girls are right… I should give him a chance and forget about Donghae… I have no chance with Donghae so I should give others chances.
 
I couldn’t draw anymore because I was too nervous for my date.  I packed my stuff and headed home.  My phone was ringing and it was Donghae.
 
“Hey what are you doing?” He asked me.
 
“I’m just heading home right now. You?” I asked.
 
“Just in the practice room going over the choreo for our new song.” He said.
 
“I see. You got them down yet?” 
 
“Almost.”
 
“That’s good.” I said.
 
“I have a day off tomorrow so do you want to grab dinner tomorrow night?” 
 
“I can’t. I have plans.” I told him.
 
“Oh. What are you doing tomorrow?” He asked.
 
“I have a date.”
 
“A date?! With who?!” He said.
 
“Jiyong.”
 
“YOU’RE GOING ON A DATE WITH JIYONG?!”
 
“Donghae lower your voice.” I said.
 
“Well are you?!”
 
“Yes. Why? Got a problem with it?” I asked him.
 
“No. D-do you like him?”
 
“I don’t know yet. I’ll see how tomorrow goes. I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Bye Donghae.” I told him and hung up.
 
Why is he so surprised that I’m going on a date with Jiyong?
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I got off the phone with Minhee.  I can’t believe she’s going on a date with Jiyong!  So that does mean that she likes him now!  I guess I’m too late now.  It’s my fault… why was I so slow in realizing my feelings for her?  I deserve this.  Stupid Donghae… You’re such an idiot…  You’re too late now idiot…
 
“What’s with the long face Hae?” Hyukjae asked me.
 
We were currently rehearsing for our comeback.  We had a thirty minute break and the guys were all resting.
 
“Nothing.” I told him.
 
“Bull . Seriously what’s wrong?” He asked me.
 
“I’m such an idiot Hyukjae.” I told him.
 
“Why?”
 
“I don’t want to talk about it.” 
 
“Hae. Tell me.” He told me.
 
“How did I not realize it?!” I told him.
 
“Realize what?”
 
“That I’m in love with Minhee.” I told him.
 
“YOU’RE WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOONA?”
 
“We broke up awhile ago. I didn’t tell you or anyone else cause you guys never brought it up.  During my trip at Mokpo, I realized that I’m in love with Minhee.  I’m such an idiot for not realizing my feelings.” I told him.
 
“Wow. Why don’t you tell her then?”
 
“It’s too late.” I told him.
 
“Why?”
 
“She’s going on a date with Jiyong tomorrow night. I think she likes him now.” I smiled sadly at him.
 
“Wow. I can’t believe it. It’s okay Hae.” He told me. “I really don’t know what to do.”
 
“It’s cool.” I told him. 
 
Leeteuk hyung told us that our break time was up.  We both headed back to the center to go over the dance moves.  This time I wasn’t in to it…  I kept on messing up and I wasn’t putting any effort into it.  I got yelled at a few times by Leeteuk hyung and the choreo.  After a few more yellings, they sent me home.  I felt bad but I didn’t have the energy to do this.  I got home and went straight to my bed and just slept.  I didn’t even want to think about anything anymore.