Chapter eight

Work Of Art

 

Minhee’s POV
 
I was in my apartment watching TV when I felt my phone vibrating.  It was a text from Donghae.  What did he want now?
 
Fr: Donghae
To: Minhee
 
We need to talk. Can we meet up?
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Donghae
 
About what?
 
Fr: Donghae
To: Minhee
 
Just meet up with me. I’ll meet you anywhere.
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Donghae
 
Just meet me at the playground in front of the apartment.
 
Fr: Donghae
To: Minhee
 
Alright. See you soon.
 
I went to my room and grabbed a jacket and keys and headed towards the playground.  What did he need to talk to me about?  What the hell is going on in his mind?  I sat on the swing and waited for Donghae to come.
 
“Hey.” I heard him saying and he took a seat next to me.
 
“What’d you need to talk about?” I asked him.
 
“Why’d you lie?”
 
“Lie about what?” I asked him.
 
“I found out that Big Bang had no schedule today.” He told me.
 
“How do you even know that?” I asked him.
 
“My members were hanging out with some of the Big Bang members and they said they were all on vacation.” He told me.
 
“Busted.” I said.
 
“Why’d you lie? Did I do something to offend you? Are you still mad at me?  It seems like you can’t even open up to me anymore.” He told me.
 
“You can’t expect me to open up to you like that Donghae.  You can’t expect things to be the same.  It’s going to take some time. I’m willing to take baby steps but you can’t force me to act like things are okay. It’s not.  It’s not the same anymore.” I told him.
 
“Why not? I told you that I’m sorry didn’t I?” He told me.
 
“You don’t get it do you Donghae?  Sorry is not going to cut it.  You act that if you say sorry things will go back to the way they were back then. That’s not going to happen.  I already told you that it’s going to take some time so don’t expect me to open up to you soon.” I told him.
 
“Is it really that hard for you to open up to me now?” He asked me.
 
“It is. So don’t force me to because I’m just going to not talk to you anymore.  I’m only taking baby steps right now.” I told him.
 
“Alright then. I won’t force you to then. You could’ve just told me the truth instead of lying to me.” He told me.
 
“Well now you know the truth.” I told him. 
 
“How long will it take for you to open up to me again?”
 
“I don’t know Donghae. Don’t’ ask me that anymore.” I told him.
 
“You’re different now.” He told me.
 
“How so?”
 
“I don’t know. You’re just not the same anymore.”
 
“Well that’s what happens when you don’t keep in touch with me for two years.” I told him.
 
“That was a low blow.  I already said I’m sorry and I’m trying to make it up to you.  Why do you keep on bringing it up?” He told me.
 
“Then stopped complaining about how I’m different.  Stop comparing the me now to the me you knew two years ago.” I snapped. “Look I’m not the same girl you knew back then so get over it. I will never be here again so don’t expect me to act like that girl anymore. It’s been two years now and I grew up.”
 
“I see. I’m sorry Minhee.” He told me.
 
“It’s okay.” I told him.
 
“I just want to know that if you ever need anyone to talk to you can always depend on me.” He told me.
 
“I’ll keep that in mind. I’m going to go now. I’ll see you later.” I told him. 
 
“I’ll see you around Minhee.” He told me sadly.
 
“One more thing. Whenever we hang out don’t invite Yoona.” I told him.
 
“Why not?” He asked me.
 
“I don’t like her. Good night Donghae.” I told him and walked away.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
“I don’t like her. Good night Donghae.” She told me and walked away.
 
She doesn’t like Yoona?  I wonder why she doesn’t like her.  Wait a minute… she just opened up to me about something.  Even if it’s about my girlfriend… it’s something.  I couldn’t help but smile.  Maybe she’ll be able to open up to me soon.  I need to ask Yoona what happened between Minhee and her.  I took out my phone and called her.
 
“Oppa?” 
 
“Hey are you busy?” I asked her.
 
“Ani. Why?”
 
“Can you talk right now?”
 
“De I can.”
 
“Did something happen between you and Minhee today?” I asked her.
 
“Why would you think that oppa?”
 
“I just get this feeling that you guys don’t get along.” I lied.
 
“She told me how I should stay away from you since she’s your best friend.  She told me how you would choose her over me in a heart beat. She straight out told me that she doesn’t like me and how I better watch my back.” She told me.
 
Minhee said all that?  She’s not the type to say stuff like this.  Sure she’s overprotective of me but she would never say something like this.
 
“Are you sure she said all that?” I asked her.
 
“You think I’m lying oppa?” She told me.
 
“It’s not that. It’s just Minhee’s not the type to say all that.” I told her.
 
“Well believe it oppa.  It’s been two years since you last spoken with her.  Two years is a long time to change a person.” She told me.
 
“I guess you’re right.” I told her.
 
“Oppa I don’t like it when you’re with her. I’m afraid that she’s going to steal you away from me.” She told me.
 
“Yoona you don’t have to worry about anything. She’s just a sister to me and nothing more.  I won’t let her do anything to you.”
 
“You promise oppa?  If you had to choose between me or her, who would you choose?” She asked me.
 
“I would choose you so don’t worry about anything okay?”
 
“De oppa.”
 
“Alright. I’ll talk to you later.”
 
“De. I love you.”
 
“I love you too.” I told her and hung up on her.
 
I can’t believe Minhee would say that to Yoona.  Yoona didn’t do anything to her and she’s been nice to Minhee.   Why would Minhee tell Yoona stuff like that?  I decided to just ignore it.  I don’t want to lose Minhee as a friend so I’m not going to confront her about it.  I’ll just do what she says… I won’t invite Yoona whenever I’m with Minhee.
 
Minhee’s POV
 
2ne1’s debut stage was coming soon.  There was two more weeks until their debut stage and Mr. Yang asked me to design their stage outfits for their debut stage.  I was shocked because this is a big task for me.  It’s something that would define 2ne1 and I knew I had to do well.  I was currently in the recording studio with the Big Bang members while they were recording demos.  I was sitting on the couch sketching outfits for each of the members based on their styles.  We heard a knock and the 2ne1 members walked in.
 
“What are you guys doing here?” Teddy asked them.
 
“We just wanted to see what you guys were up to.” Chaerin told him.
 
“Unnie you’re here too.” Minji said to me and walked over to me. 
 
“Minhee ah, what are you doing here?” Bom unnie smiled at me and walked over to me too.
 
“I’m just working on your outfits.” I told them.
 
“Can I see mine?!” Bom unnie squealed.
 
“Not yet unnie. I’m not done yet. I want it to be a surprise.” I smiled at her.
 
“Can’t we have a peak?” Chaerin pouted at me.
 
“I’m sorry Chaerin.” I told her.
 
“Fine.” She smiled at me.
 
I looked over and saw that Dara was sitting next to Jiyong.  I guess she came here just for him.  I know that she has a crush on him.  She made it clear to me that day that he was hers.  I never really told anyone about that incident.  I kept it a secret up until now.
 
“Are you guys done with rehearsals?” I asked them.
 
“De. I’m so tired. I’m so glad that we’re finally finished.” Bom unnie told me.
 
“Are you guys ready?” I asked them.
 
“We’re just nervous.” Chaerin told me.
 
“You guys will kick .” I smiled at them.
 
“Thanks unnie. I can’t wait to have you as our stylist!” Minji told me.
 
“Noona’s mine! You guys stole her from us!” Seungri came over and glared at the girls.
 
“Whatever unnie will love us more.” Minji told him.
 
“Nopes. We’re number one in her heart.” He told them.
 
“Watch once she starts working with us, she’ll prefer us over you guys.” Chaerin smirked.
 
“Guys stop it! I love you guys both equally okay?” I told them.
 
“That’s good enough.” Seungri said.
 
“Are you girls thirsty? I’ll get you guys some drinks. My treat.” I smiled at them.
 
“Okay.” Minji told me.
 
“I’ll be right back then. I’ll go get everyone drinks.” I smiled at them and got off the couch and headed towards the door.
 
“Where are you going?” I heard Jiyong asking me.
 
“I’m going to go get drinks for everyone. I’ll be back.” I told him.
 
“I’ll go with you.” He told me.
 
“It’s fine. I can manage.” I smiled at him.
 
“I insist.  You’ll probably need my help to carry the bags because you’re a weak sauce.” He grinned at me and I looked over at Dara.  She looked pissed.
 
“It’s okay. I’ll manage. Plus, you’re the weak sauce.” I stuck my tongue at him and left.  I was walking towards the elevator when I felt a hand grabbed my arm and turned me around.  It was Jiyong.
 
“I told you that I’m going to go with you.” He grinned at me.
 
“You’re so stubborn.” I rolled my eyes at him.  The elevator door opened and he motioned for me to go in.
 
“Let’s go shall we?” He smirked.
 
“Wipe that smirk off your face.” I told him and entered the elevator.
 
Bom’s POV
 
Minhee offered to get everyone drinks.  She’s such a sweet girl.  Any guy would be lucky to have a girl like Minhee.  She was about to leave when Jiyong asked where she was going.  What the heck?  Why is he paying close attention to Minhee.  He offered to go with her but she refused and he was flirting with her!  Jiyong likes her?  She left and he went after her.  It’s obvious that Jiyong has feelings for Minhee.  I looked over at Dara and she doesn’t look too happy.  I’m afraid that Dara might do something stupid.
 
“Hyung likes noona.” Seungri said.
 
“How do you know that?” I asked him.
 
“He shows it a lot. He’s always making sure that she’s okay and he’s really overprotective of her.” Seungri said.
 
“Really? Does unnie know?” Minji asked.
 
“I don’t think so. She’s oblivious to hyung ‘s feelings.  I think that she likes him too.”
 
“How do you know that?” Chaerin asked.
 
“You have to see them when they’re together. They seem like a couple who’s in love. Don’t tell anyone this but Hyung wrote Haru Haru because he was inspired by her.”
 
“He did?!” I asked.
 
“Yupps. That gives it away that he likes her.” Seungri said.
 
“They look cute together!” Minji said.
 
“What are you guys talking about?” Dara came over.  Perfect timing Dara.
 
“Jiyong oppa likes Minhee unnie.” Chaerin told her.
 
“What?! How do you know that?” Dara said.
 
“Seungri oppa just told us.” Minji said.
 
“Is it true?” Dara asked Seungri.
 
“Yup. But you didn’t hear it from me.” He told her and walked towards s.
 
“They’re cute together.” Chaerin said. 
 
The other two members don’t know about Dara’s feelings for Jiyong.
 
“I know. He seems happy when he’s with her.  I’ve never really seen this side of Jiyong oppa before.” Minji said.
 
“I don’t see what’s so great about her.” Dara said.
 
“What do you mean unnie?” Minji asked.
 
“She’s just plain. I don’t see what Jiyong sees in her.  She’s average.” She said.
 
“Dara.” I warned her.
 
“I’m just saying.” She said and walked out of the recording studio.
 
“What’s wrong with unnie?” Chaerin asked.
 
“She’s just having a bad day.” I covered for Dara.
 
“Ah I see. Can we stay for a bit unnie?” Chaerin asked.
 
“You guys can stay I’m going to go with Dara and see how she is.”
 
“De. We’ll see you later unnie.” Minji told me and I walked out of the recording studio and followed Dara.
 
She was in one of the rehearsal rooms and she was throwing water bottles on the floor.
 
“What are you doing?!” I shouted.
 
“That’s so unfair! It took me years to finally get his attention and she comes out of nowhere and gets his attention!” She shouted.
 
“Dara you already know that Jiyong doesn’t feel that way towards you!” I told her.
 
“Feelings can change! I was pretty sure that he was beginning to like me! Why does that girl have to come along?! What does she have anyways?! I’m a woman and she’s a girl!” She said.
 
“Don’t talk about her like that Dara. She’s going to be your stylist and you have to be professional about it.”
 
“I don’t like her. I don’t want her as my stylist.” She complained.
 
“Well whether you like it or not you have to it up.” I told her.
 
“Fine.  It doesn’t mean I have to be nice to her then.” She said and walked out of the room.  I’m scared what she’s going to do now.  Dara always gets what she wants.  Don’t worry Minhee… unnie will protect you.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
We finally arrived at the convenience store and Minhee made me hold the basket.  We were walking around the store and we got to the juice aisle.
 
“What kind of juice should we get?” She asked herself while she had her finger tapping on her chin.  She looked really cute doing that.
 
“You’re crazy.” I laughed and she turned to me.
 
“And why am I crazy?” She asked me.
 
“You’re asking yourself what kind of juice you should get.” I .
 
“What if I was talking to you.” She said.
 
“I know that you weren’t.” I laughed at her.
 
“You know what… you’re not getting any juice!” She told me.
 
“That I’m not getting any juice.  It’s the end of the world.” I told her.
 
“I hate you. Go home already!” She took the basket from my hand and walked away.
 
“I’m sorry.” I ran after her while laughing. “Don’t be mad anymore okay? I’ll do anything.”
 
“Anything?” She smiled.
 
“Crap. I should’ve said that.” I mumbled. “Yes anything.”
 
“I’ve always wanted to learn the piano.” She told me. “Can you teach me?”
 
“You want me to teach you the piano?” I asked her and she nodded her head cutely.
 
“Please?” She gave me her puppy dog eyes.
 
“Fine.” I told her.
 
“Thank you! You’re the best.” She grinned at me and we walked back towards the juice aisle.
 
“Why do you want to learn the piano?” I asked her.
 
“It just sounds really pretty.  I’ve always wanted to learn but I never really had the time.” She told me.
 
“Well I’ll teach you.” I told her.
 
“Thank you. What juice should we get?” She asked.
 
“Let’s just get orange juice.”
 
“Alright.” She said and grabbed a bunch of orange juice and put it in the basket. “Should we get snacks too?”
 
“We’ll just order some snacks later.”
 
“Alright. Let’s go.” She said and walked towards the counter.
 
“Look they have Hawaiian bread here.” I told her.
 
“Where?!” She said while her eyes lit up.
 
“Over there.” I pointed to where it was. “Wait here I’ll go get one.”
 
“De.” She said and I walked over to get the bread and handed it to her.  “Thank you. I love bread.”
 
“I can tell you pig.” I told her and pushed her head.
 
“I’m not a pig.” She pouted.
 
“Fine you’re not a pig but you just love to eat a lot.” I told her.
 
“Meanie.” She said and I just laughed at her.
 
“You guys are so cute together.” The cashier told us. “I remember when my wife and I were like that.  We were always playful towards each other.  How long have you’ve been going out for?”
 
“We’re not going out!” She told him and we were both blushing.
 
“Really? You guys seem like a couple. You guys should date.” He told me which caused us both to turn even more red.  We paid for the things and left.  We didn’t even look at each other or talk to each other.  We arrived back in the studio again and everyone came over to get their drinks.
 
“Hyung. Noona. Why are you guys red?” Seungri asked us.  
 
Stupid Ri why are you so observative?!
 
“We’re not red.” I told him.
 
“Yeah you are.” Youngbae told us.
 
“Did something happen between you guys?” Teddy hyung smirked at me.
 
“A-ani.” I stuttered.
 
“Omo why are you stuttering?!” Daesung teased.
 
“That means something did happen!” Minji joined in.
 
“N-nothing happened!” Minhee said.
 
“She’s stuttering too.” Chaerin .
 
“No I’m not! You guys are lame. I’m leaving now!” She said.
 
“Where are you going noona?” Seungri asked her.
 
“I’m going home. I’ll see you guys later.” She said and rushed out the door.
 
“What happened Ji?” Youngbae asked.
 
“Nothing really happened.” I told them.
 
“Then why are you guys red?”
 
“Nothing. Just that the cashier thought we were a couple.” I told them and they started laughing.
 
“See it’s not just us who thinks that!” TOP said.
 
“Shut up! Go drink your drinks and get back to work!” I told them and went to the computer. 
 
I wonder if Minhee really did go home.  Stupid people… they chased her away.
 
A/N: Hey guys! Sorry if I took a while to update. I've been really busy. I won't be able to update in a while either.  I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'll try to update the next chapter when I'm free.