Chapter sixteen.

Work Of Art

 

Minhee’s POV
 
I was with the 2ne1 members in the YG building.  The girls were going over their choreo for this new song I Don’t Care.  I was just sitting on the floor watching the girls go over them.  I felt my phone vibrating and it was a text from Jiyong!  He’s actually contacting me after a whole week! He wanted to see me right now.
 
“Unnie why are you staring at your phone like that?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“Jiyong texted me.” I said.
 
“HE DID?!” They all shouted.
 
“De.” I replied.
 
“What’d he say??” Dara unnie asked.
 
“He wants to meet up right now.”
 
“Are you?” Minji asked me.
 
“I don’t know. Should I?”
 
“You should. Maybe he wants to explain and apologize.” Bom unnie said.
 
“Alright. I’ll be back really quick.” I told them.
 
“Just take your time.” Dara unnie told me.
 
“De.” I said and walked towards the YG garage since he was waiting for me down there already.  I saw his car and got into it.
 
He didn’t say anything but just looked at me. This is pretty awkward.  What did he want to talk about?
 
“I’m sorry.” He said.
 
“For what?” I asked.
 
“For how I treated you. I’m sorry that I made you feel like a third wheel. I’m sorry that I ignored you and I’m sorry that I hurt you.” He told me.
 
“Why did you act like that?” I asked him.
 
“I don’t know. I was just jealous.” He told me.
 
“Jealous of what?” I asked.
 
“Of you and Donghae.” He said.
 
“Why would you even be jealous of me and Donghae?” I asked him.
 
“I was working and Jessica came and we ended up talking.  She then brings up how she thinks you and Donghae are a cute couple since you guys are best friends.  She told me how she thinks you guys are going to end up together.  Once I heard that, I was jealous.  That’s why I was flirting with her and ignoring you.  I wanted you to be jealous.” He confessed.
 
“You idiot.  You wanted to hurt me?”
 
“It’s not like that. I just wanted to see if you were going to react.  Because if you did then it means that you like me.” He said.
 
“Of course I like you! Donghae’s just a friend now.” I told him.
 
“I’m sorry if I acted like that. It won’t happen again.” He said.
 
“You better or else we’re done.” I warned him.
 
“I promise.” He said and pulled me into a hug. “I should thank Donghae for this.”
 
“Why should you thank Donghae for this?”
 
“He was the one who told me to talk things out with him.  I owe it to him.”
 
Donghae talked to Jiyong for me?  Donghae did this? 
 
“He did? Why?”
 
“He told me that you’re his best friend and he can’t stand seeing you hurt.”
 
“He said that?”
 
“Yeah. He’s a good friend Minhee.”
 
“I know that already.” I told him and broke the hug.
 
“I’m sorry. I won’t ever do that again.”
 
“It’s okay.” I smiled at him.
 
“Are you busy today?” He asked me.
 
“No.”
 
“Good. Let’s hang out.” He grinned.
 
“Let me go tell the girls.” I told him.
 
“I already told them.” He said and drove off.
 
I ended up spending the whole day with Jiyong.  It’s good to have him by my side again.  Thank you Donghae for doing this for me.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I was currently in my room watching Youtube clips on my laptop.  I heard my phone ringing and it was Minhee.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hey you busy?” She asked me.
 
“Not really. What’s up?”
 
“Thank you.” She said.
 
“For?”
 
“For helping me and Jiyong. It means a lot to me Donghae.”
 
“No problem. You’re my best friend. I already told you that I would do anything for you.” I told her.
 
“I would do anything for you too Donghae.” She told me.
 
“So did he say why he was like acting like that?”
 
“De. We sorted everything out.”
 
“That’s good. I hope things work out for the two of you now.” I told her.  It hurt me to say that.
 
“Thanks. Let’s go to dinner when you’re free.” 
 
“Alright. I’m going to go now.” I told her.
 
“Alright. Bye.” She said and hung up on me.
 
I put my phone down and just sighed to myself.  This is for the best Donghae.  As long as Minhee is happy then you’re happy.  You should be there for Minhee.  No more thinking of yourself right now.  It’s all about Minhee now.  You have to make it up to her.  I heard a knock on my door and Siwon walks in.
 
“Hae want to go eat with all of us?” He asked me.
 
“Sure. Where at?” I asked him.
 
“Some new Korean BBQ place that just opened up.” He told me.
 
“Alright. Let me change first.” I told him and he left my room.
 
After I was done, the guys and I headed towards the new place and the waiter seated us at our table.  We ordered all you can eat and waited for them the prepare our food.
 
“Guess who I booked as our guest for Kiss the Radio?” Leeteuk hyung spoke up.
 
“Who?” Yesung asked.
 
“2ne1” He grinned.
 
“REALLY?!” All the guys asked.
 
“Yup. They’re going to be our guest this week.” he told them.
 
“How in the world did you do that?!” Shindong asked.
 
“I know. They’re like always busy! They rarely go on radio shows or variety shows!” Kyuhyun stated.
 
“Hyung can I be your special DJ?!” Ryeowook asked excitedly.
 
“Why?” Leeteuk hyung asked him.
 
“I want to meet Park Bom-ssi!” He answered.
 
“I want to meet her too Teukie hyung! Can we visit?!” Siwon asked.
 
“Same here hyung! Let us come!” Kyuhyun joined in.
 
“No. You guys see them at the music shows already.” He told them.
 
“But they’re always busy. We can’t even talk to them.” Siwon pouted.
 
“Try and talk to them. You guys can’t come and that’s final.” Hyung told them.
 
I looked over at Hyukjae and he was silent.  What the hell is going on in his mind right now?  Is something bothering him?
 
“Yah what’s wrong with you?” I whispered to him.
 
“N-nothing.” He said.
 
“Liar. What’s wrong?” I asked again.
 
“2ne1 coming on the radio show.” He told me.
 
“Why is that a problem? Aren’t you glad you get to see Park Bom again?” I asked him.
 
“I get tongue tied when I’m around her. I can’t act like myself. I don’t know what to say and I sweat like crazy! I get so nervous when she’s around me.” 
 
“Wow Hyukjae. You like her!” I told him.
 
“I do not like her!!!!” He shouted.
 
“Who?!” The rest of the guys shouted.
 
“No one!” He shouted at them.
 
“Don’t lie to us Hyukjae! Tell us now!” Leeteuk hyung told him.
 
“It’s no one hyung.” He told him.
 
“I don’t buy it. Spill it.”
 
“Fine. Donghae thinks I like Park Bom.” he said.
 
“You like her?!” The guys shouted.
 
“I don’t! I said Donhgae thinks I do!”
 
“He does. He says he gets tongue tied whenever he’s around her and how he sweats like crazy.  He also says that he gets nervous around her!” I told them.
 
“Hyung you totally like her.” Kyuhyun told him.
 
“Wow. I was going to call dibs on her but you can have her now.” Siwon said.
 
“I don’t like her.” Hyukjae said.
 
“Sure. Whatever you say.” Siwon grinned at him.
 
We spent the rest of our time eating and just talking to each other.  I’m glad I had the guys by my side.  They made the pain hurt less.  We were finally done and we were heading home towards our dorm.  Ironically, we ran into the 2ne1 members.  We all stared at Hyukjae to see his reaction.  He had his poker face on right now.
 
“Hi.” Leeteuk smiled at them.
 
“Hi Leeteuk-ssi.” CL bowed to him and the other girls followed her lead.
 
“Just call me Oppa.” He told them.
 
“De oppa.” Minji told him.
 
“Where are you guys coming from?” He asked them.
 
“We just had dinner with our stylist.” Minji said.
 
“Minhee?” Leeteuk asked.
 
“De.”
 
“Where is she?” He asked.
 
“She went home because she had some projects to work on.” Minji said.
 
“Ah I see. Did you guys eat around this neighborhood?” He asked them.
 
“Ani. We live around this neighborhood.” Dara said.
 
“REALLY?!” Some of the guys shouted.
 
“Yeah.” CL smiled at them.
 
“I guess you didn’t tell them Eunhyuk-ssi.” Bom smiled at them.
 
Tell us what?  I looked over at Hyukjae and his face is red.
 
“I-I forgot.” He stuttered.
 
The guys and I just wanted to laugh at him right now but we decided not to since it’d be too mean.  This is the funniest thing ever.  Usually Hyukjae is loud but because of Park Bom he’s like a little kid.
 
“What do you mean hyung didn’t tell us?” Kyuhyun asked her.
 
“Eunhyuk-ssi and I ran into each other last week at the store and I told him how we lived around here.” She explained.
 
“Ah. I see. That’s so cool that we live near each other!” Kyuhyun grinned at her.
 
“Yeah.” She smiled at him.
 
“We should hang out some time! Have like parties at each others’ dorms!” Shindong suggested.
 
“That be fun! We should totally do it!’ Dara smiled.
 
“Hyung you should invite Minhee to come too since she’s their stylist.” Kyuhyun said.
 
Wow Kyuhyun… no one knows about my friendship with Minhee.  You freaking idiot… you let it slipped.
 
“Wait you’re close with Minhee?” Bom asked me.
 
I’m going to kill you Kyuhyun.
 
“De. She’s my best friend from Mokpo.  We grew up with each other.” I told them.
 
“REALLY?!” They all shouted but it looked like they were acting.  The 2ne1 members I mean.
 
“De.”
 
“Why didn’t you tell us Hae?” Yesung asked me.
 
“I thought it wouldn’t make a difference.” I told him.
 
“This whole time you knew Minhee and you didn’t introduce us!” Heechul hyung whined.
 
“I’m sorry.” I told them.
 
“Do you guys still talk a lot?” Dara asked me.
 
“Yeah.” I told her.
 
“So you know everything that’s going on in her life?” She asked.
 
“Yeah.” I told her.
 
Why is she asking me this?
 
“Interesting.” She smiled.
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing.” She said. “Well we have to go now. We’ll see you guys around.”
 
They bowed to us and left.  What was that all about?  I turned to the guys and they all looked at me.
 
“What?”
 
“I can’t believe you didn’t tell us!” Sungmin said.
 
“I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” I told him.
 
“You better tell us everything! I thought we were your brothers!  Brothers don’t keep secrets away from each other!” Siwon said.
 
“I’m sorry. I’ll tell you everything. You guys can ask me anything. Let’s go back first.” I told them and we all headed back to our dorm.  
 
The guys dragged me to the couch and they all sat down and looked at me.  Kyuhyun and Hyukjae already knows everything so they were playing on the laptop.
 
“Yah. Why aren’t you guys paying attention?!” Heechul hyung asked them.
 
“We already know everything.” Kyuhyun told him.
 
“WHAT?!” They shouted.
 
“How come they know and we don’t?!”
 
“I’ll explain.” I told them.
 
“Well Minhee’s my best friend Mokpo. We grew up together but ever since I got accepted to SM I lost touch with her.  I didn’t talk to her or try to talk to her.  She was mad at me and when I finally saw her again I felt bad. I wanted to be friends with her again.” I started.
 
“Why’d you stop talking to her?” Ryeowook asked me.
 
“I don’t know. I was an idiot.  So she was a stylist for Big Bang so I saw her more and I was determined to make it up to her.  Hyukjae found out because I sleep talk about her.  She didn’t talk to me until the incident where I saved her at the photo shoot.  After that we made up.” I said.
 
“No wonder why she was crying so much.” Leeteuk hyung said.
 
“I know. I thought it was pretty weird how she was so scared and sad.” Heechul hyung added.
 
“So we started talking again. And her and Yoona didn’t get along.  I found out Yoona is not the person I thought she’d be so I broke it off with her.  Minhee made me realize that Yoona is a .  Remember the week I went to Mokpo?  Well I went with Minhee.”
 
“You did?!” The guys all asked.
 
“De. We had a lot of fun.  It made me realize how much I missed hanging out with her.” I said. “And that’s about it. We still talk often.  We hang out when we’re both free.”
 
“Wow I can’t believe she’s your childhood friend.” Yesung hyung said.
 
“Wait. How’d Kyuhyun find out about her?” Siwon asked.
 
“He found out on the night where they both left with me.” I said.
 
“How?” Siwon asked.
 
“We went drinking and I told him about her.” I said.
 
“You went drinking? So you were sad that night?” Siwon said.
 
“Yeah. I wasn’t in a good mood.”
 
“Why?” Sungmin asked.
 
“I forgot. But I told Kyuhyun that night.” I lied.
 
“Hae do you have feelings for Minhee?” Heechul hyung asked me this time.
 
“No. She’s my best friend so of course not.” I told him.
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“I’m sure.” I told him.
 
“Alright then. Thank you for telling us everything.” He said. “No more secrets okay? We want to know everything and we want to be here for you. You’re like my little brother Hae so just tell me everything and I’ll try to help you.”
 
Stupid hyung.  Why’d you have to say it like that?
 
“I have one more confession.” I told them.
 
“What?” They asked.
 
“I’m in love with my best friend.” I told them.
 
“I KNEW IT!!!” Heechul hyung said.
 
“Really?” Siwon asked.
 
“Wow. Why don’t you tell her then?” Leeteuk hyung asked.
 
“She has someone now. I’m too late.” I told them sadly. “I decided that I would just stay by her side as a friend and help her whenever she needs me.”
 
“That’s so sad. You should do something hyung.” Ryeowook said.
 
“Ani. She’s happy and I can’t mess that up. I don’t want to talk about this anymore. I’m going to my room now.” I told them and left to my room.
 
Bom’s POV
 
“What was that all about?” I asked Dara when we arrived at our dorm.
 
“What do you mean?” She asked me.
 
“Don’t play stupid with me. I noticed your smile when you were talking with Donghae. What was that all about?” I asked her.
 
“She was smiling?” Minji asked.
 
“It was nothing! And I don’t like him if you’re thinking that!” Dara said.
 
“I wasn’t thinking of that! You know something don’t you?” I asked her.
 
“What would unnie know?” Minji asked.
 
“She should tell us.” I said and looked at her.
 
“Fine. I don’t know why but I have a feeling that Donghae likes Minhee.”
 
“What makes you think that unnie?” Chaerin asked her.
 
“I just have this sense.  I caught them hanging out once and it seems like he was in love with her.  The way he looked at her you can just tell.” Dara said.
 
“I see. But should we even talk to unnie about this? I mean she’s with Jiyong oppa now and she told us how she‘s trying to get over Donghae-ssi.”
 
“I think we should.” I told them. “But are you sure you think Donghae likes her?”
 
“Yup. You should see it next time.  I think they’re really cute together.” She said.
 
“But unnie’s with oppa.” Chaerin said.
 
“I know that but you should really see them together! It‘s really cute.” Dara said.
 
“Well that can’t be good then.  Jiyong will get hurt.” I told her.
 
“I know. We should just stand aside and see where everything goes then.  If it gets bad then we’ll intervene.” Dara said.
 
I can’t believe that Donghae likes her.  I wonder if Minhee knows.  Why do I have a really bad feeling about this?