Chapter fourteen

Work Of Art

 

Minhee’s POV
 
I was waiting for Jiyong to pick me up for our date.  I was wearing a simple black and white strapless dress with a shawl over my shoulder.  I put my hair into a nice bun and wore a black pumps.  I heard the door bell ringing and walked towards the door.  It was Jiyong and he was in a nice button up shirt that was tucked in his pants.  He looked really handsome.
 
“Hey.” I smiled at him.
 
“Hey. Wow you look beautiful.” He grinned at me.
 
“Thank you.” I blushed.
 
“Let’s begin this date shall we?” He asked.
 
“De.” I said and followed him to his car.
 
We ended up at this really nice fancy restaurant and he paid the place so we could have it to ourselves.  We ordered our food and waited for it to come.
 
“I can’t believe you paid for this place.” I told him.
 
“I wanted us to have our privacy.” He said.
 
“I just still can’t believe it.” I said.
 
“Well believe it.” He grinned at me. “Did I tell you that you look absolutely beautiful.”
 
“Yes you’ve been telling me that for the past hour.” I told him.
 
“Good because I want you to know that you’re beautiful.” He smiled at me.
 
“You big sap.” I stuck my tongue at him.
 
“Thanks for agreeing to go on this date with me.  I’ll make sure you enjoy it.” He smiled.
 
“Okay buddy.” I laughed and our food came out.
 
We ate our food in peace and afterwards Jiyong paid for everything and we headed to his car.  He drove off somewhere.
 
“Where are we going?” I asked him.
 
“It’s a surprise.” He told me.
 
“Loser.” I told him and he just laughed.
 
We arrived at this park that had a nice fountain in the middle of it.  It was lighted and there was water shooting out of it.  It was beautiful!
 
“Are you sure we’re allowed to be here?” I asked him.
 
“Yes I’m sure. It’s a public park Minhee.” He told me.
 
“It’s so beautiful.” I told him.
 
“I know. That’s why I brought you here.” He told me.
 
We sat down at the bench in front of the fountain.  It was getting chilly.
 
“You cold?” He asked me and I just nodded my head. “Here.”
 
He took off his jacket and put it over my shoulders.  I just smiled at him and put my head on his shoulder.
 
“Tonight was fun.” I told him.
 
“Really? We didn’t do much.”
 
“I know but I had a lot of fun.  It was relaxing.” I told him.
 
“I’m glad that you had fun then.” He said.
 
“Why’d you ask me out anyways?” I asked him.
 
“Because I like you Minhee.” He told me.
 
He’s so straight forward.  I didn’t even know how to respond to that!
 
“I-I”
 
“How do you feel about me Minhee?” He asked and I sat up and looked at him.
 
“I think I like you too Jiyong.” I told him. “I mean my heart beats like crazy whenever I see you or when I’m around you.  It has to say something right?” I told him.
 
“You like me.” He smiled at me.
 
“I guess I do then.” I smiled back at him.
 
“What about Donghae?”
 
“There’s no point to like him anymore. I’m willing to start over and move on with you.” I told him.
 
“I promise that I’ll make you happy.” He said and pulled me into a hug.
 
“You better.” I .
 
“I will. Thank you for giving me a chance.” He said and hugged me tighter.
 
This felt right.  It felt right being in his arms.  Thank you Jiyong for liking a girl like me.
 
It’s been a week since Jiyong and I gotten together.  A few people knew about our relationship… the Big Bang members, Dongwook oppa, Teddy oppa, and Bom unnie knew about our relationship.  We decided to keep it a secret for now.  Donghae hasn’t been talking to me this past week.  I guess he’s busy with his upcoming album.  I haven’t even told him about Jiyong and I.  I will later when we hang out.
 
I was currently in the recording studio with Jiyong.  He was working on his solo album and I was just on the couch watching him work.  He’s such a hardworking person and I love him for that.  
 
“Are you hungry Minhee?” He asked me.
 
“Ani. Continue on working.” I told him.
 
“You sure?”
 
“I’m sure.” I smiled at him.
 
“2ne1 has no schedule today?”
 
“Nope. They have one tomorrow though.” I told him.
 
“So I guess we won’t be hanging out then?”
 
“Yeah. Sorry.” I smiled at him.
 
“It’s okay. We can hang out later.” He said and walked over to me and sat next to me.
 
“Yeah.” I smiled at him and put my head on his shoulder.
 
“I like this.” He pulled me closer to him.
 
“Like what?” I asked him.
 
“I like how I get to spend time with my girlfriend.” He said and kissed me on my forehead.
 
“I like spending time with my boyfriend too.” I told him.
 
=Next Day=
 
The 2ne1 members had a schedule today and I was with them helping them get ready.  They had a performance today and I had to go with them.  I was helping Minji with her outfit.
 
“Unnie this outfit doesn’t make me look fat right?” Minji asked me.
 
“Ani. You look fine in it.  Plus, you’re not even fat!” I told her.
 
“That’s not what people think.” She told me sadly.
 
“Well they’re dumb for calling you not skinny. You’re perfect just the way you are.” I smiled at her.
 
“Thanks unnie.” She smiled at me and went to go do her hair and make up.
 
“Minhee can you help me with this shirt?” Bom unnie asked me.
 
“De.” I said and walked over to her and helped her with her shirt.
 
“Thanks Minhee.” She smiled at me and left.
 
“Minhee help me with this.” Dara told me.
 
“De.” I told her and went over to help her.
 
“Look I want to tell you I’m sorry for being mean to you.” Dara spoke up.
 
“It’s okay Dara-ssi.” I told her.
 
“Call me unnie. Let’s start over Minhee. I was being childish.  I wanted something that I can never have and I took it out on you. I know about you and Jiyong and I’m happy for you guys. I hope we can be friends.” She smiled at me.
 
“De unnie. You’ll find the guy for you unnie. I know it.” I told her.
 
“Thank you.  And I love the outfits you designed for us.  I never really got to say thank you.” She told me.
 
“No problem unnie.  And thank you… I’m glad that you love them.” I told her.
 
“Well I’m going to go get ready now. I’ll see you later Minhee.” She told me and left.
 
I’m glad that Dara unnie and I are friends now.  She’s not so bad after all.  And I don’t blame her for being mean to me.  She liked Jiyong and I could understand her feelings.  I’m glad that everything’s cleared up now.
 
I was done with getting the girls ready and I just sat on the couch with the other team mates and watched the girls on TV doing their recording.  They looked beautiful on stage!  I’m proud of them!  I couldn’t help but feel like a proud mother watching her kids on stage.
 
“Minhee want to go see them up close?” The make up artist asked me.
 
“De unnie.” I smiled at her and followed her and their manager to the stage.
 
We arrived at the backstage and we can see the girls performing.  They were doing such a wonderful job.  I love how they always have fun on stage and they were so charismatic.  I was too into the performance that I didn’t recognize a presence besides me.
 
“They’re really good.” I heard Donghae saying and turned towards him.  Him and Eunhyuk were standing next to me.
 
“De. When’d you guys get here?” I asked them.
 
“Just now. You were too into their performance to notice us.” He teased me.
 
“Sorry.” I told him.
 
“And this guy over here wanted to see them perform.” Donghae pointed to Eunhyuk but he was too into the performance to notice.
 
“Why?” I asked him.
 
“He has a crush on one of the members.” He told me.
 
“Who?!”
 
“I think it’s Park Bom. He’s been watching videos of her and he always talks about how pretty she is.” Donghae told me.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yup. Keep it a secret though.” He smiled.
 
“Wow. He should talk to her! I think they’d be cute together!” I told him.
 
“Well we can’t do anything. It’s up to Hyukjae.” He told me.
 
“That . He should make a move.” I told him and he just laughed.
 
“So I haven’t talked to you in a while.  What have you’ve been up to? How was the date?” He asked me.
 
“I’m good. I’ve just been busy with going around with the girls and their schedules.  The date went really well.  I had a lot of fun.  Donghae I have something to tell you.” I told him.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
“Donghae I have something to tell you.” She told me.
 
What did she need to tell me?  Why do I get a feeling that it’s not something good?
 
“What?” I asked her.
 
“I’m going out with Jiyong now.” She told me.
 
I knew it!  Why does she have to tell me this?  It hurts knowing that I now have no chance with her.  I guess I should just support her and be by her side.  She’s finally happy and I should be happy for her.
 
“That’s good. Congrats to the both of you. I’m glad that you’re happy.” I forced a smile.
 
“Thanks Donghae. It means a lot that you’re happy for me.” She told me.
 
“I’ll always support you.” I told her.
 
“Thank you.” She smiled at me.
 
“I need to go record soon.” I told her.
 
“Alright. I’ll see you later Donghae. We should go grab something to eat after this.” She told me.
 
“I can’t. I’m busy.” I lied to her.
 
“Oh. Alright. Maybe next time then?” She asked.
 
“Alright. I’ll call you when I’m free. I’ll see you later.” I told her and left.
 
I’m sorry for lying to Minhee. I just need some time away from you right now.  I’ll be fine but for now just give me some time.
 
After the recording, the guys and I headed to go eat.  We went out for Korean BBQ and I was sitting between Hyukjae and Kyuhyun.  I didn’t really feel like eating.  I just wanted to go home and sleep.  The guys noticed that I wasn’t eating much.
 
“You’re not hungry Hae?” Hyukjae asked me.
 
“I’m just really tired. I just want to go home and sleep.” I told them.
 
“Hae. Just go home and rest up then. We’re not going home for a while. Just go.” Leeteuk hyung told me.
 
“Alright. I’ll see you guys later.” I told them and left the store.
 
“Hyung wait up!” I heard Kyuhyun calling after me and I turned around and saw him and Hyukjae running towards me.
 
“What are you guys doing here?” I asked them.
 
“We know that you’re not tired. Something’s wrong with you.” Hyukjae said.
 
“It’s nothing.” I told them.
 
“Let’s go for a drink hyung.” Kyuhyun suggested.
 
“Let’s go then.” I told him.  That didn’t sound like a bad idea.  I just wanted to drink it all away.
 
We arrived at one of the stalls and we were seated at a table.  The ahjumma came out with our drinks and our side dishes.  Hyukjae poured me and Kyuhyun a drink while he poured himself some soda.  I took the cup from him and drank my cup in one sip and gave it back to him so he can pour.
 
“What’s wrong hyung?” Kyuhyun asked me.
 
“Nothing.”
 
“You never drink Hae only on special occasions but I doubt this is a special occasion.” Hyukjae told me.
 
“You can tell us hyung.” Kyuhyun added.
 
“I feel like .” I told them.
 
“Why?”
 
“Minhee’s going out with Jiyong now. I have no chance with her anymore. I’m so ing stupid!!” I told them and drank the alcohol.
 
“Wait. You like Minhee hyung?! Big Bang’s stylist?! I didn’t know you guys talked.” Kyuhyun told me.
 
“She’s going out with him now?” Hyukjae asked.
 
“She’s my best friend from Mokpo Kyuhyun ah.  I’m just an idiot for not realizing that I love her.” I told him sadly.
 
“She’s your best friend?!” 
 
“De.”
 
“Wow. What a small world.” Kyuhyun told me.
 
“What should I do now guys?” I asked them.
 
“There’s nothing you can do Hae.  She’s with Jiyong now.” Hyukjae told me.
 
“I know that but it hurts so much.” I told them.
 
“We know that but you just have to try and move on now.” He told me.
 
“I’ll try.” I told him.
 
“You can do it hyung. Everything will be fine.” Kyuhyun tried to comfort me.
 
We spent the rest of the night drinking until I was drunk and out.
 
Eunhyuks’ POV
 
After dropping Hae off at home, I went to the store to buy some drinks.  I wanted to have something for Hae when he wakes up so he wouldn’t get a head ache.  I feel bad for Hae.  I’ve never really seen him like this.  The kid would never drink! He promised his dad that he would never drink or smoke!  I guess he must really love her to break a promise to his dad.  I just wish I could do something for him but I can’t.  I walked in the store and walked straight to the drinks aisle.  I was about to grab a drink when another hand tried to grab it too.  I looked over and saw that it was Park Bom! 
 
“Oh. What are you doing at this store?” She asked me.
 
“I live around here and I needed to get some drinks for the members.” I told her.
 
“Ah I see.” She smiled at me.
 
I think I’m going to die.  Her smile is beautiful.
 
“What are you doing at this store?” She asked me.
 
“I live around here too” I told her.
 
“Really?”
 
“Yeah. Just a few minutes walk.” I grinned at her.
 
“That’s so cool! I never knew that we lived around each other.” She said.
 
“Yeah. What a small world huh?” I told her.
 
“De.” She smiled at me. “Well I’m going to head out now. I’ll see you around Eunhyuk-ssi.”
 
“D-de. I-I’ll see you around.” I stuttered.
 
Did I just freaking stutter?! What the hell is wrong with me? Park Bom… you will be the death of me.
 
A/N: Hello! Sorry if I haven't been updating frequently... I've been busy with school & life!  I'll try to update this story.  I'm not even done writing this story yet. I have up to 22 chapters for now & I hope you guys enjoy this chapter... I'm going to start on a new fanfic also.  This time Kim Myungsoo will be the lead.  He's so cute! I'll post it up when I'm free! I hope you guys will support it! laugh