Chapter three

Work Of Art

 

The guys all left to the car already.  I was still in the dressing room cleaning up and making sure we brought everything back to the car.  I heard a knock on the door and Jiyong walks in.
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked him.
 
“I thought that you’d like some help.” He told me.  What’s with the sudden change in attitude?
 
“Are you okay?” I asked him.
 
“Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?”
 
“You were mean to me this morning and now you’re all nice.” I told him and he started laughing. “What’s so funny?”
 
“Let’s start over Minhee. Hi I’m Big Bang’s leader Kwon Jiyong. It’s nice meeting you and I hope we can be friends.” He smiled at me and put his hand in front of me.
 
“I’m Choi Minhee. Nice to meet you and I hope we can be friends too.” I smiled at him and shook his hand.
 
I let go of his hand and walked over to the bag of clothes and started carrying them.  He walked over to me and carried the bags for me.
 
“It’s okay I got it.” I smiled at him.
 
“Ani. I’m a guy so I should do it.” He smiled at me and took the bag from my hands. 
 
“Thanks.” I told him.
 
“Let’s go.” He said and we walked out of the dressing room.
 
We were walking towards the car when we heard someone calling Jiyong’s name.  
 
“Jiyong-ssi. You guys did great today.” He smiled at Jiyong.
 
“Thank you Leeteuk-ssi. Just call me Jiyong.” He told him. “You guys did great toady too.”
 
“Thank you.” He smiled at Jiyong and looked over at me. “Who’s this?”
 
Before we were about to answer the Super Junior members came to where we were.  Sadly, Donghae was there too.
 
“This is our new stylist, Choi Minhee.” Jiyong said.
 
“Hi I’m Choi Minhee. It’s nice to meet you.” I bowed to them.
 
“Minhee?” Eunhyuk said out loud.
 
“Do you know her?” Leeteuk asked him.
 
“Ani. The name just sounds familiar.” Eunhyuk told him and he looked over at Donghae.  I guess he knows about me.
 
“Jiyong-ssi I’ll meet you in the car.  It was nice meeting you guys.” I told them and bowed to them and left.
 
I was almost near the car when I heard Jiyong calling me and I turned around and saw him running towards me.
 
“Why didn’t you wait for me?” He asked me.
 
“I thought you wanted to talk to them.  And you know that I don’t want to be around him.” I told him.
 
“Ah I see. What’s your relationship with him anyways?” He asked me but I didn’t answer him. “You don’t have to tell me though. I was just curious.”
 
“We’re just best friends but I’m in love with him.” I told him.
 
“Does he know that?” 
 
“Ani.”
 
“Why not?” He asked me.
 
“He made it clear that he only sees me as a little sister.” I told him. “Can we not talk about him anymore.”
 
“Okay. If it makes you feel better he’s not worth it.  He’s lame for not talking to you in years.  I think he’s an idiot for not realizing your feelings for him.” Jiyong told me.
 
“I guess but I don’t want anything to do with him anymore.  I want to start over and forget about him. I know he’s not worth it.” I said.
 
“If you need anything or anyone to talk to, feel free to come to me.” Jiyong smiled at me.
 
“Who knew the jerk I met yesterday can be such a sweet guy?” I .
 
“Whatever. I’m the sweetest from all of the Big Bang members.”
 
“I know that. Youngbae told me that this morning.” I smiled at him and we finally arrived at the car.
 
“What took you guys so long?” Seungri whined.
 
“The Super Junior members came over to talk to us.” Jiyong said.
 
“Why are you guys coming back together?” Youngbae questioned us.
 
“I thought she would need a hand with the bags.” Jiyong said. 
 
“Sure hyung.” Daesung smiled at him.
 
“Shut up. Let’s go eat.” Jiyong said and gestured for me to enter the van.   I sat between him and Youngbae.  The car ride was quiet and we arrived at an udon shop.
 
“This will be the best udons you’ll ever taste noona!” Daesung told me.
 
“They have great fried fish cakes too!” TOP said.
 
We entered the place and ordered our food.  We were waiting for the food to come out when Seungri decides to ask me a question.
 
“So noona, do you have a boyfriend?” He asked.
 
“Why would you ask her that?” Daesung said and smacked him on the head.
 
“I just want to know.” He whined. “So do you?”
 
“I don’t.” I replied.
 
“Eh?! You don’t?!” They all raised their voices except for Jiyong.
 
“Yes I don’t have a boyfriend. Why is that so surprising?” I asked them.
 
“You’re just so pretty. How can someone so pretty not have a boyfriend?” TOP said.
 
“Oppa can we not talk about this again. You’re making me feel uncomfortable.” I told him.
 
“We’re sorry. We’ll stop now.” Youngbae told me.
 
“So what do you enjoy doing noona?” Daesung asked me.
 
“I enjoy designing clothes.  I love anything that has to do with fashion.” I smiled at him.
 
“Ah I see. Is this why you’re our stylist?”
 
“De.” I said.
 
“Is there anything else that you like to do?” He asked.
 
“I like to cook.” I told him.
 
“You should cook for us one day!” Seungri told me.
 
“Arasso. I will one day.” I smiled at him.
 
Our food came out and we ate our food in quiet.  The guys downed their food already.  They must be really hungry.  After we were done with our food, TOP paid for the food and we headed towards the van.  The guys dropped me off at my apartment.  I went straight into my room and knocked out.  Today was such a crazy day and I didn’t want to think about it anymore.  I just wanted to escape from this reality.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
Minhee works as Big Bang’s stylist?  I can’t believe she’s working for them!  If I knew she was going to be a stylist then I would’ve recommended her to SM Entertainment.  We were in the van going home and all the guys were knocked out already.  I couldn’t sleep… I kept on thinking of Minhee.
 
“Why aren’t you sleeping?” Hyukjae asked me.
 
“You’re still awake? I thought you were asleep.” I told him.
 
“I tried sleeping but I heard you sighing.” He told me. “Was that the Minhee?”
 
“Yeah. That’s her.” I told him.
 
“She’s really pretty! I thought she was some idol girl group member!” 
 
“Yeah she was really popular with the boys back in Mokpo.” I told him.
 
“Stop thinking of her Hae. You have Yoona.  I already told you that Minhee will come around. You just need to give her some space and time.” He told me.
 
“I know. Thanks Hyukjae.” I smiled weakly at him and put on my earphones.
 
Hyukjae’s right.  I should just leave Minhee alone until she’s ready to talk to me again.  I have Yoona anyways and I shouldn’t worry about Minhee anymore.  It’s all in the past and I can’t change it so I should just leave it alone.
 
Minhee’s POV
 
It’s been a month since I started working as Big Bang’s stylist.  I’ve gotten close with the guys and they were really sweet and funny.  I love the guys.  I’ve gotten the closest with Jiyong.  I was surprised myself.  Who knew the jerk that I hated so much would turn out to be one of my closest friends now.  I also made new friends with some of the artists in YG.  Today I had a day off since the boys had no schedule today.  I decided to sketch some work since today was one of the few days I had off.  I was on my bed with sketching a design for a dress when I heard my phone ringing.  It was a text from Jiyong.
 
Fr: Jiyong
To: Minhee.
 
What are you doing?
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Jiyong
 
Just relaxing. I’m working on a few sketches since I have nothing better to do. Why?
 
Fr: Jiyong
To: Minhee
 
Just wondering since I’m bored.
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Jiyong
 
You decide to bother me since you’re bored?!
 
Fr: Jiyong
To: Minhee
 
I guess you can say that ;)
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Jiyong
 
Jerk!!!!!!!!! D:
 
Fr: Jiyong
To: Minhee
 
Hey take it as a compliment that I decided to bother you.  Usually that would be Seungri’s job. :)
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Jiyong
 
Oh the joy! -_-
 
Fr: Jiyong
To: Minhee
 
It should be a joy :D I’m kidding though.  I just wanted to know if you wanted to hang out.
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Jiyong
 
Not today. I just want time to myself today. Next time! 
 
Fr: Jiyong
To: Minhee
 
Alright then. You better next time! I’ll talk to you later then. Good luck with your sketches!
 
Fr: Minhee
To: Jiyong
 
Thanks! I promise we’ll hang out next time and it’ll be my treat.  You have my words.
 
Fr: Jiyong
To: Minhee
 
You better or else you’re going to be my slave for a month! :D
 
I just laughed at his text and put my phone on the night stand and went back to my sketches.  Even though I like my job as Big Bang’s stylist, I hope that one day I’ll be able to open up my own line and have my very own boutique.  I spent another two hours working the sketches.  I completed two designs and I decided to take a break.  I was getting hungry and walked to my fridge to see if I had any food to eat.  There was nothing so I decided to walk to the convenience store.  
 
I arrived at the store and started putting food in my cart.  I decided to buy a weeks worth of food since I won’t have time to go buy it.  I was finally done with grocery shopping and headed towards the cashier.  I paid for my items and exited the store.  I was walking towards my apartment when I saw Super Junior in front of me.
 
“Oh you’re Big Bang’s stylist.” Leeteuk smiled at me.
 
“De. Hi how are you?” I smiled back at him.
 
“I’m good. You just got done shopping?” He asked me.
 
“De.”
 
“Where are you heading now?” Eunhyuk asked me.
 
“I’m heading home now. My apartment is near.” I told him.
 
“You’re walking home alone? With all those bags?” Yesung asked me.
 
“De.” I told him.
 
“We’ll help you. It’s dangerous for a girl to be out this late and you have a lot of bags to carry.” Sungmin told me.
 
“It’s okay.” I told them. I don’t want to be around Donghae right now.
 
“We insist. We can’t let you walk home alone like this.” Leeteuk said and the guys grabbed my bag.
 
“Lead the way!” Eunhyuk flashed his gummy smile at me.
 
I guess I can’t refuse them now since they have my bags.  I just nodded my head and walked ahead of them.  It was a quiet walk.  No one talked with one another.  We finally arrived in front of my apartment.
 
“This is it. You guys don’t have to help me anymore. I can manage now.” I smiled at them.
 
“You sure?” Siwon asked me.
 
“De. I’m sure.” I told him and took the bags from them. “Thank you.”
 
“No problem. We’ll see you around.” Siwon smiled at me and they walked away.
 
That was awkward.  Donghae didn’t even try talking to me which is a good thing.  I finally got into my apartment and put all the groceries away.  I decided to just have noodles tonight since I’m lazy to cook anything.  After dinner, I went back into my room and worked on my sketches again.  I worked on my sketches for another two hours and I decided to call it a night.  I got ready for bed and went to bed.  I couldn’t help but think that fate’s playing with me.  Why do I keep on running into Donghae?
 
Today was Big Bang’s goodbye stage and we were in the dressing room getting ready for their last performance.  I was helping Seungri making adjustments with his outfit.
 
“Noona can you help me afterwards? My pants are too long.” Daesung told me.
 
“Yeah. Just wait a bit. I’m almost done with Seungri’s” I told him.
 
“De.” He smiled at me.
 
I was finally done with the adjustments on Seungri’s outfit.  I walked over to Daesung and helped him with adjusting his pants.  I got the pins and pinned it to where he wanted it to be.
 
“Thanks noona! It’s much better now!”
 
“Do you guys need adjustments with your outfits?” I asked the other three.
 
“I’m fine.” Youngbae answered.
 
“Me too.” TOP answered.
 
“Can you help me with my sleeves? I want them a little shorter.” Jiyong told me.
 
“De. Come here then.” I told him and he walked over to me and put his arms in front of me.  I adjusted his sleeves and pinned them. “Better?”
 
“Much better. Thanks Minhee.” He smiled at me and ruffled my hair.
 
“No problem.” I smiled at him.  We heard a knock on the door and the PD walks in and tells us that they were up in five minutes.
 
“Duty calls.” Jiyong grinned at me.
 
“Good luck guys!” I smiled at them and they just waved at me and left the room.  The rest of us just sat at the couch and watched their recording.  After thirty minutes, the recording was finally done and the guys headed back to the room.
 
“What’d you think of our goodbye stage noona?” Seungri asked me.
 
“You guys were awesome like always.” I smiled at him.
 
“What’s your schedule after this?” I asked them.
 
“We have a photo shoot after this so we don’t need you there.” Youngbae told me.
 
“So I don’t have to go with you guys right?”
 
“Yup. You’re free to go noona.” Daesung smiled at me.
 
“Sweet.” I smiled.
 
“You don’t enjoy hanging out with us?!” Jiyong pouted at me.
 
“I didn’t say that! I just said sweet.” I rolled my eyes at him.
 
“It’s the same thing!” He told me.
 
“Whatever. You’re lame.” I stuck my tongue out at him.
 
“You’re mean!” He said.
 
“What are you going to do about it?” I smiled at him.
 
“Nothing.” He sulked.
 
After the guys were done changing, they headed towards their next schedule.  They offered to give me a ride but I didn’t want them to be late since I still have to clean the dressing room.  I was finally done with cleaning and was about to head out when I heard a knock on the door and in walks Donghae.
 
“What are you doing here?” I asked him.
 
“We need to talk. Are you still mad at me?” He asked me.
 
“I already told you that I don’t want anything to do with you anymore.” I told him.
 
“Why? Just because I didn’t keep in touch with you for two years?” He asked me.
 
“You don’t think that’s a good enough reason?!” I raised my voice. “Just go back to your girlfriend Donghae-ssi.”
 
“What does my girlfriend have to do with anything?! And how do you know I have a girlfriend?” He said.
 
“People talk.  It doesn’t matter anymore. I don’t want to talk to you anymore. I don’t even want to be your friend.” I told him.
 
“You’re willing to throw this friendship away like that?  We’ve been friends ever since we were little kids.  Are you sure you can just walk away from this friendship?” He asked me.
 
That’s all we’ll be but I don’t see you as a friend Donghae.
 
“De. I can walk away from this friendship.  From now on, leave me alone. Don’t ever show your face in front of me again.” I told him coldly and left the room.