Chapter six

Work Of Art

 

Minhee’s POV
 
I was watching Jiyong and a few of the Super Junior members taking their photos.  The next thing I know is that I’m pushed away from my spot and I fell down on the floor.  Then I hear a glass sound breaking and I looked over and saw Donghae lying on the floor unconscious and he was bleeding.  Did he just save my life?  
 
“Hae!” Leeteuk shouted and ran to where he was.
 
“Hae wake up!!! Someone call the ambulance!!!” Eunhyuk shouted and one of the members took out their phone and called for help.
 
“Minhee are you okay?” Jiyong ran over to me.
 
“D-de.” I answered.
 
“Are you hurt?” He asked me and started scanning my body to see if I had any scratches.
 
“I’m fine.” I told him quietly. 
 
I looked over and Donghae was still out.  What am I going to do now? It’s all my fault that this happened.  If I paid attention to my surroundings then this wouldn’t have happened.
 
“I’m so sorry. It’s all my fault. I should’ve paid attention to my surrounding.” I started to cry while looking at the Super Junior members.
 
“It’s not your fault Minhee. Hae was just trying to save you. It’s no one’s fault.” Leeteuk tried calming me down.
 
“I’m really sorry.” 
 
“It’s not your fault.” Heechul said.
 
The ambulance came and rushed Donghae to the hospital.  Leeteuk and Eunhyuk went with them to the hospital while the others finished doing their photo shoot.  I knew that they wanted to get out as soon as possible.  The photographer knew that too and he was trying his best to finish everything.  In about an hour, they were finally done.  The Super Junior members rushed out of there as soon as they could and went to the hospital.
 
I was in the van while the guys were getting undressed.  Jiyong was the first to finish and he got in the van.
 
“Hey how are you feeling?” He asked me.
 
“It’s all my fault Jiyong.” I told him.
 
“Hey. It’s not your fault. You didn’t do anything wrong.” He told me.
 
“He got hurt because of me.” I started crying again. “It’s all my fault that he’s hurt.”
 
“It’s not your fault Minhee. Stop saying that.” Jiyong said and pulled me into a hug.
 
“What am I going to do now?” I asked him.
 
“Do you want to go visit him and see how he’s doing?”
 
“Can I?” I asked him. “What if he doesn’t want to see me anymore?”
 
“That’s not possible Minhee. He saved your life so it means that he still cares for you.”
 
“Can I go there now then?” I broke the hug and asked him.
 
“You can. I’ll ask the driver to drop you off there.”
 
“It’s fine. I’ll take a cab there. I’m going to head there now.” I told him.
 
“Alright. Good luck Minhee. I’m here if you need anything.” He smiled at me.
 
“Thanks a lot Jiyong. You’re always here for me.” I told him and got out of the van.
 
I arrived at the hospital and ran towards the reception to ask which room Donghae was.  They told me he was on the eighth floor so I rushed there and found his room.  A few of s were sitting outside.
 
“Minhee what are you doing here?” Kangin asked me.
 
“I wanted to see how he was doing.” I told him. “Is he awake now?”
 
“He’s awake. He’s much better now.  Nothing’s wrong with him.” Kangin told me.
 
Thank God.
 
“Do you want to see hyung?” Ryeowook asked me.
 
“Is it okay if I go in and talk to him?” I asked him.
 
“Sure. Let me go tell the others to come out.” Ryeowook smiled at me and walked into the room.  A few minutes later, the rest of the members were outside and they motioned me to go in. I walked into the room and saw Donghae sitting on the bed.  He looked at me.
 
“What are you doing here?” He asked me.
 
“I just came to see how you were doing.” I told him.
 
“And why would you care about that?” He asked me.
 
“I’m sorry and thank you.” I ignored his question.
 
“Why do you even care about how I’m doing?” He asked again.
 
“Because I…”
 
“You what?” He asked.
 
“Nothing. I just came to see if you’re okay or not. You’re fine now. Thank you for saving my life.” I told him and walked towards the door.
 
“Is that all you came for? Why can’t you tell me what’s on your mind Minhee?” He told me.
 
“There’s nothing on my mind.” I told him.
 
“Don’t lie to me. I know you came here because you’re worried about me. I know that you still care for me. I know that you can’t walk away from this friendship.” He told me. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I turned around and saw him in front of me.
 
“What are you doing? You should be on the bed! You just got hurt!” I told him and he pulled me into a hug.
 
“Minhee please forgive me.  I want to be your friend. I miss having you as my friend. I’m sorry that I haven’t contacted you in two years. Can’t you forgive me and let me make it up to you?” 
 
“You’re an idiot Lee Donghae. Why didn’t you keep in touch?! Did you know that I waited for you to call me to tell me how you were doing all these years?  Was our friendship that ty to you that you couldn’t even let me know how you were doing?  Did you know how hurt I was that my best friend forgot about me?” I cried into his chest.
 
“I’m sorry Minhee. I won’t ever do it again.  I’ll spend the rest of my life being your best friend if you give me another chance. I won’t mess it up again.” He hugged me tighter.
 
“I’m giving you one more chance you idiot. You better not mess it up.” I told him.
 
“I won’t. I’m sorry Minhee. If you ever need anything or need anyone to talk to just call me.” He broke the hug and smiled at me.
 
“You’re not hurt right?” I asked him.
 
“I’m fine now.” He grinned at me. “Thank you for giving me a chance.”
 
“You better not mess it up now.” I smiled at him.
 
“I miss your smiles Minhee. It feels good to have you as my friend again.”
 
I felt a pang in my heart when he said that.  Donghae, why can’t you realize that I’m in love with you.  I don’t want to be just friends with you.  I want to be more than that…
 
“Oppa are you okay?” I heard a female voice saying and the door opening.  She looked really familiar.
 
“Yoona? What are you doing here?” Donghae asked her.
 
“I heard the news from your manager and I rushed here as soon as I could.  Are you okay? Are you really hurt?” She asked him.
 
“I’m okay Yoona.” He smiled at her and took her hand and intertwined them together.  I guess she’s his girlfriend.  My heart ached at the sight in front of me.
 
“Oppa who’s this?” She pointed at me.
 
“Yoona I’d like you to meet my best friend Minhee.” He told her.
 
“Best friend?” She asked.
 
“De. She’s my best friend from Mokpo.  We’ve been best friends ever since we were kids.” He told her.
 
“Ah I see. What’s she doing here?” She asked.
 
“She’s working as a stylist for Big Bang.” He told her.
 
“I see. Hi I’m Yoona.” She smiled at me and offered her hand.
 
“Minhee this is my girlfriend Yoona. She’s from the girl group SNSD.” He told me.
 
“Hi I’m Minhee. It’s nice to meet you.” I smiled at her and shook her hand.
 
“This is great. The two most important girls in my life is in this room with me.” He grinned at us.
 
“You’re so lame oppa.” Yoona smacked him and he gave her a kiss on the cheeks.  Do you have to do this in front of me Donghae?
 
“Donghae I have to go now. I remember that Big Bang has another schedule soon so I have to be there with them.” I told him.
 
“Already?” He pouted.
 
“I’m sorry. I’ll see you again.” I smiled at him.
 
“What’s your number? Is it still the same?” He asked me.
 
“De.” I told him.
 
“I’ll call you later then.” He told me.
 
“De. It was nice meeting you Yoona-ssi. Bye.” I told them and left the room.
 
“You’re leaving already Minhee?” Eunhyuk asked me.
 
“De. I have to be somewhere right now. Bye.” I bowed to them and left in a hurry.  I didn’t want to be there around them.  This was my first time seeing Donghae this happy.  Does his girlfriend really make him happy?  I felt my phone ringing and it was Jiyong calling me.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Are you still at the hospital?” He asked me.
 
“I just left.” I told him.
 
“Are you heading home now?”
 
“De.” I told him.
 
“Stop by the studio.” He told me.
 
“Why?” I asked him.
 
“Just stop by the studio.” He told me and hung up.
 
I don’t even want to go there.  I just want to go home and sleep.  I’m so tired and I don’t want to see anyone right now.  I walked to the YG Building and went inside.  I walked into the recording studio and saw Jiyong sitting on the chair playing around with the beats.
 
“Why’d you call me to come here?” I asked him and he turned around and looked at me.
 
“How was it?” He asked me.
 
“You called me to come here just for that?” I asked him.  I was irritated… he could’ve just asked me over the phone.
 
“No. I have something to show you.” He told me.
 
“What?” I asked.
 
“Answer my question first.  How’d it go?” He asked me.
 
“It went okay.  We talked things out and we’re friends again. I met his girlfriend too.” I told him.
 
“You met his girlfriend? Is it Yoona?” He asked me.
 
“De. Don’t let this leak out though.” I told him.
 
“I won’t. Are you okay?”
 
“Why wouldn’t I be okay?” I smiled at him.
 
“Because you’re in love with him.” He said and my smile disappeared. “You can tell me how you’re feeling Minhee. You don’t need to hide your feelings when you’re around me.”
 
“It hurts Jiyong. Why can’t he see that I’m in love with him.  Every time I’m around him he’s always saying I’m his friend.  Or that he’ll be my friend forever.” I started crying.
 
“It’s okay Minhee. Cry it all out.” Jiyong pulled me into a hug. “Just let it all out.”
 
“It hurts so much. I hate that I’m in love with him.  I’m such an idiot… I already know that I don’t have a chance with him yet I fell for him.”
 
“You can’t control your feelings Minhee.  You didn’t do anything wrong. You’re not an idiot.” He told me. “Things will get better. Just hang in there. You’ll get over him.”
 
“I want to get over him Jiyong.  I don’t want to be hurt anymore.  It’s been too long.”
 
“It’ll take some time for you to finally move on. You just need to be strong right now. I’ll be your support Minhee.  I’ll help you forget about him.”
 
“Thanks a lot Jiyong. You’re always here for me.” I broke the hug and he wiped my tears.
 
“Don’t cry anymore okay? He’s not worth your tears.  You’ll move on soon. Just trust me on that okay?” He smiled at me.
 
“De.” I smiled at him.
 
“That’s my girl.” He grinned at me.
 
“So what did you need to show me?” I asked him.
 
“Wait here.” He said and walked over to the computer and clicked on something.  A song started to play.  I liked the song and I really like the lyrics.  It was something that I could relate to.  It was Jiyong singing the song.  The song was finally finished and Jiyong turned to look at me.
 
“What do you think?” He asked me.
 
“I like it Jiyong. I really like the lyrics.  Is it going to be your solo track?” I asked him.
 
“Ani. It’s going to be Big Bang’s new song.  I just recorded it with my voice so you can hear it with the lyrics.” He told me.
 
“I really like the lyrics. How’d you come up with it?” I asked him.
 
“I was inspired by you.” He told me.
 
“M-me?”
 
“De. This song is inspired by you. I’m dedicating it to you.” He smiled at me.
 
“Really?” I asked him.
 
“Really. You better be thankful.”
 
“I am. Thank you Jiyong.” I smiled at me. “No one’s ever done something like this for me.”
 
“Well I’m the first.” He grinned at me.
 
“What’s the song called?”
 
“Haru Haru.” He answered.
 
“Why that?” I asked him.
 
“Because I know that you’re going to forget him day by day. It’s just going to take some time but I know that you can do it.” He told me.
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at him. 
 
I’m touched with his actions.  He wrote a song and dedicated it to me.  No one has ever done something this sweet for me.  He was one of the sweetest person I’ve ever met.
 
“You want to help me with these other beats?” He asked me.
 
“I’d love to.” I smiled at him.
 
We spent hours in the studio messing around with each other and he showed me the rest of his songs and lyrics.  I had a fun time with Jiyong.  He helped me forget everything.  I’m thankful that I have someone like Jiyong by my side.  I’m thankful that I get to work with him.  I heard my phone ringing and it was an unknown number.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Minhee? It’s Donghae.”  Perfect timing.
 
“Hey Donghae.” I answered and looked over at Jiyong.
 
“What are you doing?” He asked me.
 
“I’m in the YG recording studio with Jiyong.” I told him.
 
“Is it just you two?” He asked me.
 
“De.”
 
“I see.”
 
“Why’d you call?”
 
“I was just wondering what you were doing.”
 
“Aren’t you suppose to be resting?”
 
“I am resting. I just wanted to see where you were.”
 
“I see. Go rest up. I’ll talk to you later.” I told him.
 
“But I still want to talk.” He said.
 
“Just go rest. I’ll call you later.” I told him and hung up.
 
“What’d he want?” Jiyong asked me.
 
“He wanted to talk.” I told him.
 
“You okay?” 
 
“I’m okay.” I smiled at him. “I think I’m going to head home now. Thanks for today Jiyong.”
 
“Do you want me to take you home?”
 
“It’s fine. I’ll manage.” I smiled at him and left.
 
I walked towards the elevator and waited for it to land on my floor.  Once it landed, the door opened and Dara unnie was in it.  I walked into the elevator and pressed the lobby button.
 
“Hi unnie.” I smiled at her and she just stared at me.
 
“Don’t call me unnie. You don’t even know me.” She told me coldly.
 
Am I missing something?  Did I do something to her?
 
“De. I’m sorry.” I told her.
 
“And one more thing… stay away from Jiyong. He’s mine.” She told me.
 
The elevator door opened and she walked out before I could even answer her.  Jiyong and I aren’t even dating so why is she so mad at me?  We’re just friends!  
 
I finally arrived home and went straight into my bedroom.  I went to go get ready for bed.  I walked to my bed and lied in it. What a long day today has been….  I guess it’s my time to forget about you now Donghae.  You’ll just be my friend from now on.  I’ll let you go now.  Thank you Jiyong for making me realize that I’m strong enough to move on from him… Thank you for always being here for me.