chapter seventeen.

Work Of Art

 

Minhee’s POV
 
The girls had a radio show that they’re attending so I went along with them.  It was Super Junior’s Kiss the Radio.  The hosts were Leeteuk and Eunhyuk.   that Donghae’s not the host.  I wanted to see him.  It’s been a few days since I last talked to him and I miss talking to him.  I miss telling him everything about Jiyong and I.  The girls and I walked into the building and arrived at the radio room.
 
“You guys are here!” Leeteuk said and walked over to him while Eunhyuk followed behind him.
 
“Hi. Thank you for having us.” Chaerin smiled at them.
 
“Thank you for coming here.” He told them. “You guys should go get ready.”
 
“De.” Chaerin said and the girls went to go sit at their seats while I stood and watched them.  I felt someone poking me and turned around and saw Donghae.
 
“What are you doing here?” I smiled at him.
 
“The guys asked me if I wanted to tag along so I did. I kind of had a feeling that you were going to be here.” He grinned at me.
 
“It feels like it’s been forever!” I said and pulled him into a hug.
 
“Yah. Why are you hugging me so tightly?!” He said.
 
“Because I miss you.” I told him.
 
“I miss you too Minhee.” He said and hugged me back.
 
“We should go sit and watch the show now.” I told him while breaking the hug.
 
“Alright. Let’s go.” He grinned and held my hand and we walked towards the couch.
 
“So how have you’ve been? You must’ve been really busy.” I told him.
 
“Yeah. We’ve been busy promoting but things died down now since promotions are almost over.” He told me.
 
“Ah I see. What are you doing after promotions?” I asked him.
 
“We have a week vacation and then we’re having our Super Show concert and after that a few of us are heading to Taiwan to promote Super Junior M.” He told me.
 
“Wow you’re going to be really busy.” I told him sadly.  I didn’t want him to go anywhere.  I want to be able to hang out with him.
 
“I’ll still keep in touch with you Minhee. I’ll be flying in and out of Korea.  I’ll make sure I meet up with you whenever I’m in Korea.  Don’t be sad. You have Jiyong to take care of you.” He told me.
 
“But he’s not my best friend.” I pouted at him.
 
“I promise you that we’ll still see each other.” He smiled at me.
 
“You better keep your promise.” I told him.
 
“I will.” He said and pulled me into his arms. “I promise you that I’ll call you every day and when I’m in Korea I’ll hang out with you.”
 
“You better or else I’ll kick your .” I told him and mumbled into his chest.  At this moment, I didn’t care if people were staring at us.  It was just Donghae and I in our own little world and I could care less about the people.
 
Bom’s POV
 
We were sitting in our seats waiting for the broadcast to begin.  I looked over at Minhee and saw her hugging Donghae! I know that they’re best friends but something seems different about the hugging.  Maybe Dara’s right… Donghae has feelings for her!  They walked over to the couch and started talking and they were smiling at each other.  It seems like they’re a couple!  Minhee then looked sad… I wonder what happened.  He then said something and pulled her into his arms.  I swear…. If I didn’t know them then I would’ve thought that they were a couple.  They looked like they were in their own little world.  Could it be that Minhee still has  feelings for Donghae?  I know for sure that Donghae has feelings for her but the question is does Minhee still have feelings?
 
“Unnie what are you staring at?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“Nothing.” I told her and turned my attention to them.
 
“You sure?” 
 
“De.” I smiled at her.
 
“Alright guys.  The broadcast is about to begin.” Leeteuk said.
 
“De. We’ll do our best.” Chaerin told him.
 
The broadcast began and we were all nervous since it was one of our first radio shows.  We didn’t know what to say and it was so awkward.  But the boys made sure we were comfortable and kept on talking and starting conversations with us.  I noticed that Eunhyuk-ssi kept on asking me questions.  I had no choice but to answer them.  The hour finally ended and the show was finally done.  We had to take a group pictures and the guys were standing far from us.  I noticed that Eunhyuk-ssi was standing far away from me.
 
“You can come closer Eunhyuk-ssi.  I’m not going to bite you.” I smiled at him.
 
“D-de.” He stuttered and stood closer to me.
 
After we were done with our broadcasting,  the guys invited us to go out and eat.  We accepted their offer.  I looked back and saw that Minhee fell asleep in Donghae’s arms.  They do look cute together.  I’m sorry Jiyong but they look like they belong together.  
 
“Where’s unnie?” Minji asked and I pointed to where she was.
 
“I guess they really are best friends.” Chaerin stated.
 
“I told you I was right.” Dara whispered in my ears.
 
“I know. I have that feeling now too.” I replied.
 
“What are you girls whispering about?” Leeteuk asked us.
 
“Nothing. Let’s go invite them too.” I told him.
 
“Alright.” He said and we walked towards the other two.
 
“Oh hyung. The show’s over?” Donghae asked.
 
“Yes. Weren’t you paying attention to our show?” He asked him.
 
“Sorry. I was talking with Minhee and we lost track of time.” He grinned.
 
“It sure looks like it.” He smirked at him.
 
“Shut up hyung.” He glared at him while blushing.
 
Oh Donghae… you totally like our Minhee.
 
“Well we’re all going to go eat now so you should come join us.” Leeteuk told him.
 
“De.” He said. “Yah Minhee wake up.”
 
“Five more minutes.” She mumbled into his chest.
 
“If you don’t wake up then I’m leaving you here and I’m going to go eat without you.” He told her.
 
“Did you say food?” She opened her eyes and sat up.
 
“You’re such a pig!” He said and poked her head.
 
“Not my fault I like food.” She pouted at him.
 
“Don’t pout. You’re really ugly when you’re pouting.” He .
 
“You’re so mean!” She said and slapped him on the shoulder.
 
“Let’s go eat Miss Piggy.” He again.
 
“Stop calling me that!”  She said.
 
“Nah. Don’t feel like it.” He smiled at her.
 
“You’re an idiot.” She smiled back at him.
 
They’re so cute together!
 
“Ahem. We’re still here you know.” Leeteuk cut in.
 
“Sorry hyung. Let’s go.” Donghae blushed and we all headed towards the restaurant.
 
“Yups. I’m totally right.” Dara whispered to me.
 
I guess we’re going to have an interesting love triangle.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
We arrived at a kimbap place and the waiter seated us at our table.  I sat between Hyukjae and Minhee.  We ordered our food and began talking with one another.  I noticed that Hyukjae kept on glancing at Bom.  
 
“You should talk to her.” I whispered to him.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“I’m not stupid you know. I have a pair of eyes you know. I can see that you’re looking at her.” I told him.
 
“Shut up.” He told me.
 
“Talk to her or else someone’s going to steal her.” I told him.
 
“What are you guys whispering about?” Dara asked us.
 
“Nothing. He forgot to do something at home so he asked me to call the guys to do it for him.” Hyukjae lied to her.
 
“Ah I see. You should call them then.” Bom said.
 
“It’s fine. I’ll do it when I get home.” I told her.
 
“You’re weird.” Minhee stated.
 
“And why am I weird?” I turned to look at her.
 
“Because you just are.” She said and sipped on her water.
 
“If I’m weird then you’re a freak!” I told her.
 
“That still doesn’t change that you’re weird.” She told me.
 
“You’re mean.” I pouted at her.
 
“Don’t pout. It makes you look like a girl.” She said.
 
“Wow Hae. You’re going to let her talk to you like this.” Hyukjae laughed at me.
 
“No. You know what you are Minhee?” I told her.
 
“What?” She asked me.
 
“You’re a pig and a big ugly monster!” I told her which caused everyone to laugh.
 
“I’m a pig and a big ugly monster?” She asked me.
 
“Yes. You’re both and it’s gross.” I told her.
 
“You’re just stupid.” She rolled her eyes at me and everyone continued to laugh.
 
“Whatever.” I told her.
 
Our food came out and we ate it in peace.  After we were done, Leeteuk hyung paid for the meal.
 
“You didn’t have to pay! We should be the ones who pay!” CL told him.
 
“Ani. I’m your sunbae so I should pay.” He smiled at her.
 
“But we’re your hoobaes and we should treat our sunbaes out.” Bom reasoned with him.
 
“Well why don’t you buy us some desert then if you guys don’t have a schedule after this.” He told her.
 
“Alright. Just name what you guys want and we’ll treat.” Bom smiled at him and I looked over at Hyukjae.  You can tell that he’s jealous.
 
“Why don’t you go talk to her?” I whispered to him.
 
“W-what are you talking about?” He told me.
 
“I’m not stupid you know. You’re jealous Hyukjae. You better go talk to her or else someone will go steal her away from you.” I told him while remembering what he did to me just moments ago.
 
“Fine.” He said and walked towards Bom and started a conversation with her.
 
“I’m actually going to head out now.” Minhee spoke up.
 
“Why?” Minji asked.
 
“I have other plans.” She told her.
 
“Your hanging out with your boyfriend huh?” Dara .
 
“Wait you have a boyfriend?” Leeteuk hyung asked Minhee.
 
“De.” She smiled at him.
 
“Wow. I’m not surprised though.” He told her and caused her to blush.
 
“Well you guys have fun. I’ll see you guys around.” She said and left the place.
 
It hurts knowing that Minhee is going to Jiyong right now.  I wish that I was her boyfriend instead.  I ran after her and called after her.
 
“Minhee!” I said and she turned around.
 
“Yes?” 
 
“I’ll walk you. It’s late and it’s dangerous.” I told her.
 
“I’m fine. Just go get some deserts with the guys.” She told me.
 
“It’s okay. I’ll walk you.” I told her.
 
“There’s no point in telling you no huh?” She asked me.
 
“Yup.” I grinned at her. “So where are you meeting Jiyong?” 
 
“At the YG Building.” She said.
 
“I see. How are things with you two?” I asked her.
 
“They’re good. Everything’s been better ever since the Jessica incident.” She replied.
 
“That’s good.” I told her.
 
“What about you?” She asked me.
 
“What about me?”
 
“Is there any special girl in your life now?” She asked.
 
“There is but I’m not going to go for it.” I told her.
 
“Why not?” She asked.
 
“Because I have no chance with her at all.  I already know she has feelings for someone else.” I told her.
 
“That . This girl must be stupid.  You’re a great guy Donghae. Don’t worry. You’ll find that special girl one day. Just wait.” She said.
 
“I know.” I told her.
 
It that you don’t know my feelings for you Minhee. I don’t want to move on from you.  And you’re not stupid.
 
We finally arrived in front of the YG Building and stopped walking.
 
“This is my stop. Thanks for walking me here.” She smiled at me.
 
“No problem. Just wanted to make sure you’re safe.” I told her. “You should head in now. Your boyfriend is waiting for you.”
 
“Alright. Good night Donghae. Call me when you get home safely.” She told me.
 
“I will. Night.” I told her and she walked off.
 
I just stood there watching her go into the building.  Goodbye Minhee.
 
Minhee’s POV
 
After Donghae dropped me off at the building, I couldn’t help but wonder who this special girl is.  I wonder if I know her.  He seemed pretty sad when he was talking about her.  Poor Donghae… but why was my heart stinging when he told me he found someone?  What’s wrong with me?  And why am I relieved to know that he doesn’t have a chance with this girl?  You’re suppose to be sad for him Minhee. You’re his best friend.  I arrived at the room where Jiyong was and knocked.
 
“Come in.” I heard his voice.
 
“Hey there.” I walked in and saw him on the couch.
 
“Hey.” He smiled at me and got up from his seat. “How was the radio show?”
 
“It was okay.” I told him and he pulled me into a hug.
 
“I missed you.” He said while kissing my neck.
 
“I missed you too. What’d you do today?”
 
“Nothing. Just stayed in the studio the whole day.” He said.
 
“You know… you should be spending your time elsewhere instead of spending it in here. Just letting you know.” I mumbled in his chest and he just laughed.
 
“You know that this is my second home baby.” He told me.
 
“It’s unhealthy for you.”
 
“Well it’s for the fans.”
 
“But your fans wouldn’t want you to be unhealthy.” I told him.
 
“You’re right. Let’s go on a date tomorrow then.” He said.
 
“Tomorrow?”
 
“Yup. Or do you have a schedule with 2ne1?” 
 
“Ani. They’re schedule free tomorrow. Let’s do it then.” I broke the hug and smiled at him.
 
“Good. I can’t wait for our date. I’ll show you that I have a life too.” He grinned and pulled me in for a kiss.  Everything felt perfect at the moment.
 
I was getting ready for my date with Jiyong when I heard my phone ringing.  It was Donghae.
 
“Hey!” I replied.
 
“Why do you sound like you’re in a good mood?” He teased me.
 
“Because I am.”
 
“And why is that?”
 
“Jiyong’s taking me out on a date.” I told him.
 
“Ah I see. So you’re not free today?”
 
“I’m sorry. Why?”
 
“I wanted to hang out with you before I head over to Taiwan.” He told me.
 
“You’re going to Taiwan? Why? And for how long?”
 
“I’m going over there to promote Super Junior M with the guys and we’ll be there for three months. I told you this already!” He told me.
 
“You did? I forgot. You‘re staying over there for that long?” I asked.
 
“Yeah.”
 
“When are you leaving?”
 
“Tomorrow morning.” He said. “Well I’ll see you when I get back Minhee. Have fun on your date. I’ll call you when I’m there. Take care of yourself and bye Minhee.”
 
“Wait.” I told him.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Let’s hang out then.” I told him.
 
“In case you forgot Minhee… you have a date with your boyfriend.”
 
“I’ll reschedule with him. He’s still going to be in Korea. I’ll give you a call once I tell him.” I told him.
 
“Alright.”
 
I looked up Jiyong’s number and called him.
 
“Hey baby. I’ll be there in 30 minutes.” He answered.
 
“Jiyong ah, is it okay if we rescheduled?” I asked him.
 
“Yeah. What’s up baby?” He asked me.
 
“I’m not feeling well and I just wanted to sleep.” I lied.  
 
I couldn’t tell him that I was hanging out with Donghae. He’ll misunderstand like last time and I can’t afford that again.
 
“You okay baby? Do you want me to come over?” He asked.
 
“It’s okay. I’m just going to bed now.” I told him.
 
“It’s only 6.” He said.
 
“I know but I took meds and I’m ready to call it a night.” I told him.
 
“Alright then. Feel better and we’ll hang out another time. I love you.”
 
“I love you too.” I told him and hung up.  I can’t believed I lied to him.
 
I dialed Donghae’s number.
 
“Hey. So where do you want to meet?” I asked him.
 
“I’m fine with anything.” He told me.
 
“Do you just want to meet at my place and we can watch movies?”
 
“That sounds great. I’ll pick something to eat on the way to your place then.”
 
“Great. I’ll see you in a bit then.” I told him and hung up
 
I decided to change into something comfortable and headed towards the living room to clean everything up.  I think I’m going to miss him… I wish he didn’t have to leave for three months.  Three months is a really long time.  I was straightening the pillows on the couch when I heard the doorbell ring.  It must be Donghae.  I walked towards the door and opened it.  I was right… it was Donghae and he had a grin on his face.
 
“Hey.” I smiled at him. “Come in.”
 
“Hey.” He said and entered my place.  “Where should I put the food?”
 
“Just put it in the living room. We can eat there and watch a movie.” I told him.
 
“Alright.” He said and we walked towards the living room.
 
We both took our seats and settled in.  He took the food out of the bag and handed me a box.  We put a movie in and watched while eating.  This is one of the reasons why I love hanging out with Donghae…. We can do anything and not get bored.  Simple nights like these made me happy.  I was done with my food and looked over at Donghae.  I noticed that he was too into the movie to eat.  He still had half of his food left.  I chuckled at the sight and turned my attention back to the TV.  The movie was finally done.
 
“That was such a good movie. I can’t believe I’ve never watched this before.” He said.
 
“I can tell. You didn’t even finish your food yet.” I .
 
“Whatever. I’m not a pig like you.” He teased me back.
 
“I’m not a pig! You always call me that.” I pouted at him.
 
“Well it’s because you are a pig.” He laughed at me.
 
“And why are you laughing?” I asked him.
 
“Because you look really funny when you’re pouting!” He continued laughing.
 
“You’re always teasing me!”
 
“I’m sorry. I’ll stop now. So what movie do you want to watch now?” He asked me.
 
“I’m fine with anything.” I told him.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I’m glad that I’m spending my last night in Korea with Minhee.  I’m glad that she decided to hang out with me.  I walked over to her DVD collection and just put in some random movie.  I walked back to the couch and we both turned our attention to the TV.  The movie was good so far… it was about two best friends who grew up together but one day one of them left for the city to pursue their career.  Then he forgot all about his best friend until years later they meet again and fall in love with each other.  Ironically, it was like our situation but I’m the only one who is in love with Minhee.  I wished that our situation was like theirs.
 
“This is so weird.” I heard her saying.
 
“What’s weird?” I asked her.
 
“The movie is exactly like our situation.” She said.
 
“How so?”
 
“Best friends since kids and you moved away and forgot about me.  But now we’re friends again.  Everything is correct except for the falling in love part.” She said and I felt my heart sting.
 
“Y-yeah. Who would fall in love with a girl like you?” I told her. I don’t really mean it though Minhee.  I’m in love with you but you can’t know.
 
“What’s wrong with me huh?” She asked me.  She sounded like she was offended.
 
“Nothing. I just wouldn’t go for you.” I lied to her.
 
“You don’t have to be such a jerk about it.” She told me and got up from her seat.
 
“I was just telling you the truth. Am I suppose to lie to you and tell you that I would go for you?” I told her.
 
“Whatever. Just leave. I’m tired.” She said.
 
“Why are you getting mad anyways? You have Jiyong so it shouldn’t matter what I think!  Why? Is it because that you would go for me? Is that why you’re getting all worked up?” I asked her.
 
“Shut up and just leave.” She said.
 
“What’s with the sudden mood change?!” I raised my voice.
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking! Just leave already! I’m tired and I just want to sleep!” She raised her voice too.
 
“You were fine a few minutes ago! Why are you mad at me?” I asked her while standing up.
 
“I’m not mad.” She said.
 
“You are mad.” I said.
 
“I’m not.”
 
“You are.”
 
“I’m not.”
 
“You are.”
 
“Fine I am mad. What are you going to do about it then?!” She shouted.
 
“Why are you even mad?”
 
“Because you’re so insensitive! How can you just say those words like that?  You said it without even hesitating! Am I that repulsive that you won’t even think of me as a woman?!” She said.
 
“Why does that even matter if I think of you as a woman or not?!  You’re my freaking best friend Minhee so all that doesn’t matter.  You’re like a freaking sister to me so that’s why I wouldn’t go for you! And why are you even mad at this?! You have Jiyong already so this shouldn’t bother you.” I told her.
 
“So I’m just a sister to you?” She asked.
 
“Yes. Nothing more Minhee. You know that I treat you like my little sister.” I lied to her.
 
“Alright then. Just leave. Have a safe trip.” She told me and pointed at the door.
 
“Alright. Bye Minhee.” I told her and walked towards the door.
 
Wait. Why is she even worked up about this? I don’t get it… she has Jiyong yet she’s getting mad because I said I wouldn’t go for her.  Why does she seem sad when I said I only see her as a sister?  Am I missing something? Could it be that she likes me?!  Should I ask her?  Maybe I should since everything is all out in the open already…  I turned around and she was standing there staring at me.
 
“Do you like me Minhee?” I asked her and she looked shocked.
 
“W-what are you talking about?” She asked me.
 
“I mean why are you getting so worked up with this whole conversation?  And why do you seem sad when I said I view you as a sister and nothing more?”
 
“I have a boyfriend.” She told me.
 
“That doesn’t mean anything.” I told her. “I’ll ask you one more time… do you like me Minhee?”
 
“No I don’t.” She told me. “I was just mad because you always say things before thinking.  Some of the things you say hurts my feelings. I just want you to be more sensitive.”
 
I’m such an idiot… I can’t believe I asked her if she liked me or not.
 
“I’m sorry. I’ll be careful from now on.” I told her.
 
“It’s okay. Have a safe trip Donghae and good luck with promotions.” She told me.
 
“Thanks and I will. I’ll call you when I land.” I told her and left her place.
 
God, I’m such an idiot.  What did I just do?! Great, things are going to be awkward between us now.  Stupid Donghae…. You’re such an idiot…. I guess she doesn’t like me then.  I think this trip to Taiwan is a sign for me to move on and forget about Minhee.