Chapter twentyone.

Work Of Art

 

Donghae’s POV
 
I was currently buying food for the guys since we’re all hungry.  I got us some sushi and was walking back to our hotel.  I was walking when I saw Minhee and she was crying!  Am I seeing things?  Why are you seeing Minhee in Japan?! There’s no way she’s in Japan right now!  I decided to call her to see if it’s really Minhee or not.
 
“Minhee?” I called out and the girl turned around.  It was Minhee!
 
“D-donghae?” She asked weakly.
 
“Minhee what’s wrong?” I ran over to her and dropped my bags. “What happened? Why are you crying? Why are you here?”
 
“Y-yunho and Changmin bought me a ticket to Japan to as a gift for working on their concert.” She told me. “I saw Jiyong kissing another girl.”
 
Jiyong was kissing another girl?! Maybe it was all a misunderstanding.
 
“It’s probably a misunderstanding!” I told her.
 
“It’s not. I stayed for a while and he didn’t push her away and was still kissing her.” She started crying.
 
He didn’t push her away?! Is he cheating on her then?!  I’m going to kick his !
 
“Minhee don’t cry. He’s not worth it then. Please don’t cry anymore.” I pulled her into a tight hug.
 
It hurts me to see her crying. 
 
“He promised me that he wouldn’t hurt me.  He hasn’t called me in days.  I guess he’s too busy with this other girl.” She cried in my chest.
 
“I’m going to kill him.” I mumbled in her hair. “Don’t cry anymore Minhee.”
 
“I’m so stupid. This is why boys are all stupid.” She broke the hug and rubbed her eyes.
 
“Not all. Just some.” I told her.
 
“Thanks Donghae. What are you even doing in Japan anyways?” She asked me.
 
“I’m on vacation with the guys.” I answered.
 
“Ah I see.” She sniffed.
 
“Where are you staying?” I asked her.
 
“I was planning on staying with the guys but that won’t happen now. I don’t even know what I’m going to do now.” She told me sadly.
 
“How about you stay with me and the guys?  You can hang out with us too. We’re here for a week.” I told her.
 
“Is that okay with the guys?”
 
“Of course. They love you so don’t worry.  I want you to come with me.” I smiled at her.
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“I’m sure. Let’s go. Did you eat yet?”
 
“No.” She told me.
 
“Well lucky for you… I bought food. Let’s go.” I told her and took the luggage and started walking towards our hotel.
 
We finally arrived at the hotel and I knocked on the door.  I was sharing a room with Siwon.
 
“Hae what took you so long? We’re freaking hungry!” Siwon pouted. “Minhee? What are you doing here?”
 
“I was on vacation and ran into some problems and Donghae came to the rescue.” She told him.
 
“Ah. Well come on in.” He told us and we both walked into the room.
 
The guys were all there sitting on the bed watching TV.  They all looked up at us.
 
“Noona what are you doing here?” Henry asked her.
 
“I invited her here. Something happened to her and we’re going to hang out with her this week.” I cut in for her.
 
“Ah. Did you eat yet Minhee?” Hangeng hyung asked her.
 
“Ani. I just got here.” She told him.
 
“Come and join us then.” He grinned at her and we walked over to the guys.
 
We sat next to Zhoumi and he handed us a pack of food.  I took it and handed it to Minhee.
 
“What about you?” She asked me.
 
“I’m not that hungry. You eat. I know you’re hungry.” I told her.
 
“Here. Share with me.” She told me and gave me half of the sushi.
 
“Just eat. You must be hungry.” I told her.
 
“It’s fine. You’re hungry too.” She smiled sweetly at me.
 
“Alright.” I grinned at her and we ate in peace while the others are sharing stories with one another.
 
After we were done, the guys left the room.  Siwon decided to bunk with one of the other guys so Minhee and I can share a room.  She felt bad but he kept on insisting that he didn’t mind.  
 
“You should go wash up. You must feel dirty right now.” I told her.
 
“De.” She said and went to the bathroom to go shower.
 
I felt bad for Minhee.  Why the hell would Jiyong cheat on her?! I’m going to kill him once I see him.  I hate seeing Minhee sad.  What should I do to cheer her up?  I was too busy thinking about what I’m going to do to Jiyong to notice that Minhee was done washing up.
 
“What are you thinking about?” I heard her asking me and looked up to her.
 
“Nothing. You must be tired. You can sleep on my bed and I’ll just sleep on Siwon’s.” I told her.
 
“I can sleep on Siwon’s bed. It makes no difference.” She told me.
 
“His bed is messy. I’ll just sleep on it and you sleep on mine.” I told her.
 
“You’re so stubborn.” She rolled her eyes at me.
 
“I know.” I grinned at her. “Well I’m going to go wash up. Good night Minhee.”
 
“Night.” She smiled at me and I walked towards the bathroom. “Wait.”
 
“Yes?” I turned to her.
 
“Thank you.” She told me.
 
“It’s no big deal Minhee. I’d do anything for you.” I told her before entering the bathroom.
 
And I mean it too Minhee. I’d do anything to make you happy.
 
Minhee’s POV
 
“It’s no big deal Minhee. I’d do anything for you.” He told me before entering the bathroom.
 
Did he really mean it? Why is my heart beating so fast when he said that?  I’m over him. I like Jiyong now. I’m hurt that Jiyong kissed another girl.  Great. Why am I thinking of that idiot?  What should I even do now?  Should I go confront him or act like nothing happened and ignore him?  Stupid Minhee. Why can’t you think of what to do now?!  
 
After I was done with brushing my hair, I lied in bed and thought about what happened today.  I wonder who that girl is and who she is to Jiyong.  Why hasn’t he called me or anything?  Did he forget about me already?  Is this why he never calls me?  I just wanted to sleep it off and not think about it.  I hope when I wake up it will be nothing but a really bad dream.
 
“Minhee. Wake up.” I heard Donghae’s voice calling me and I opened my eyes.
 
“What time is it?” I sat up while rubbing my eyes.
 
“It’s 11 in the morning.” He told me.
 
“It’s this late already?!” I asked him.
 
“11 is not late.” He told me.
 
“It is for me!” I told him and realized that everything that happened yesterday wasn’t nightmare.
 
“Alright then. Go get ready. We’re going to go out.” He told me.
 
“Where are we going?” I asked him.
 
“It’s a surprise. Hurry and get ready.” He told me.
 
“Do I have to? I don’t feel like going out today. I just want to stay in and sleep.” I told him.
 
“Minhee I know you’re hurting right now but let me take you out so you can feel better.” He told me.
 
“I’m fine. I’m just tired. I’ve been working and I just want to rest.” I told him.
 
“I know that if you were here with Jiyong you would go out in a heartbeat. Hurry up and get ready.” He told me sternly.
 
“Why do you have to bring him up? And you don’t know anything so why don’t you shut up?” I snapped at him.
 
“What’s with the mood change? Are you on your period or something?” He rolled his eyes at me.
 
“You know what? Just go. I don’t want to go and you can’t make me.” I told him.
 
“You’re being a brat right now.” He told me.
 
“I don’t care. You’re being an .” I replied.
 
“You’re seriously staying in today?” He asked me.
 
“Yes. Just go.” I told him and lied on the bed again.
 
“Whatever then. Have fun.” He said and left the room.
 
What the hell just happened? I don’t even know why I snapped like that.  I know Donghae is just trying to help me.  I’m such a .  Stupid Jiyong. Why did he have to hurt me like this?  What did I do wrong in this relationship for him to cheat on me?  I didn’t realize I was crying.  The tears won’t stop falling no matter how hard I try to stop it.  I completely broke down.  I lost my boyfriend and I just lost my best friend.  I was just lying on the bed crying my heart out.  It hurt too much and I couldn’t hold it in anymore.  Suddenly I felt someone arms wrap around my body.
 
“I’m sorry Minhee. I didn’t mean to be an to you.” I heard Donghae telling me and I continued crying.
 
“Aren’t you mad at me?” I cried.
 
“Why would I be mad at you?” He asked.
 
“I was mean to you when you were just trying to be nice. I’m sorry Donghae.” I told him.
 
“I’m sorry too. Don’t cry anymore okay? Let’s go out.” He told me.
 
I turned around so I was facing him while I lied between his arms.  He took his hand and wiped the tears from my eyes.
 
“Don’t cry anymore Minhee. It hurts me to see you cry. Jiyong’s not worth it. You shouldn’t cry over someone who cheats on you.” He comforted me.
 
“I can’t believe I trusted him.  I trusted him and he let me down.  He told me that he would never hurt me.  He told me that he was never going to leave me. I feel so stupid.” I cried and he pulled me into his chest.
 
“Because guys are jerks. Jiyong’s an idiot for cheating on you. I promise you Minhee that I will never leave you. I’ll always be here for you.” He told me.
 
“Promise?”
 
“I promise. I’m not going anywhere. You’re stuck with me for the rest of your life.” He told me.
 
“You better. I’ll go get ready now.” I broke the hug and got up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom.
 
Even though I’m still hurting, I should do this for Donghae.  He’s been nothing but sweet to me and I should try and have fun.  I’ll try to get over you Kwon Jiyong. Donghae’s right… you’re not worth my tears.
 
After I was done with getting ready, I entered the bedroom and saw Donghae sitting on his bed watching TV.  He noticed I was done and turned off the TV.
 
“You ready?” He asked me.
 
“De.” I smiled at him.
 
“Let’s get going then.” He said and grabbed my hand and we left the room.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
Minhee and I headed towards the elevator and I was still holding onto her hand.  I didn’t want to let go and I was surprised that she didn’t tell me to let go.  I took advantage of that fact and just held onto her hand tighter.  I secretly smiled to myself.  We finally arrived at the restaurant and ordered our food.
 
“They have really good noodles here.” I told her. “I think you’d like it.”
 
“Thanks.” She smiled at me. “How are the fish cakes?”
 
“They’re good. You’re going to want to order seconds since you’re a pig.” I .
 
“You’re so mean!” She whined. “You’re always calling me a pig!”
 
“It’s because you are!” I laughed at her.
 
“You’re not my friend anymore!” She said.
 
“I’m only kidding. You’re beautiful!” I grinned at her.
 
“Whatever. You .” She stuck her tongue out at me.
 
After we were done eating, we decided to just walk around the streets of Japan.  Minhee has never been to Japan before.  We were walking by the street market and I remembered that I had bought her some gifts.
 
“Remind me to give you something once we get back to the hotel.” I told her.
 
“What?” She asked me.
 
“You’ll see.” I replied.
 
“Fine.” She said and we continued to walk. 
 
“How was TVXQ’s concert?” I asked her.
 
“It was successful.  Everybody thought they looked handsome.” She told me.
 
“They get that all the time.” I laughed.
 
“Well who could blame them?” She giggled.
 
“So I heard you brought the 2ne1 members to their concert.” I told her.
 
“De. They wanted to meet them.  Yunho oppa wanted to meet Bom unnie so I got them to go.” She replied.
 
“Ah I see. Did you guys do anything after?”
 
“We went to some club.” She replied.
 
“Yeah. That’s a tradition.  SM rents it out for his artists every time we have a concert.”
 
“That’s cool. But yeah we went to the club and Yunho oppa and Bom unnie were attached to the hips!  Changmin and Chaerin too!” She told me.
 
“Really? I never knew Changmin liked Chaerin.” I told her.
 
“It was cute though. They look pretty cute together.  I’m waiting for Yunho oppa and Bom unnie to become a couple.” She told me.
 
“Why is that?” I laughed.
 
“Because they’re so cute together! You just have to see it! Oh that reminds me… Does Eunhyuk oppa have a thing for Bom unnie?”
 
“What makes you think that?” I asked her.
 
“It’s because he wasn’t too happy that night and he kept staring over at their direction.” She told me.
 
“Yeah. He likes her a lot. He told me about that and he’s jealous.  He said he wants to get to know her better but he has no chance against Yunho.” I told her.
 
“Aww he likes her? That . I like them together too!”
 
“You ship them too?! You’re suppose to root for only one!” I laughed at her.
 
“It’s not my fault they both look cute with her. I just hope that whoever she ends up with her that they’ll make her happy.”
 
“I’ll tell Hyukjae that.”
 
“Tell him what?”
 
“That if he wants to win her he has to make her happy and treat her right.”
 
“Loser.” She laughed at me and we ended up in front of a big Hello Kitty store.  Her eyes were fixated on this giant Hello Kitty plush.  I guess she still has a thing for Hello Kitty.
 
“You like that?” I asked her.
 
“It’s cute. Let’s go.” She said and walked passed the store and I followed after her.  We passed by those photo sticker place and I stopped this time.  She noticed that I wasn’t following her and stopped to look at me.
 
“What is it?” She asked.
 
“You know what I always wanted to do?” I told her.
 
“What?”
 
“I always wanted to take photo stickers with you.” I grinned at her cheekily.
 
“You’re so stupid.” She rolled her eyes while smiling.
 
“So is that a yes?” I asked her.
 
“Yes.” She smiled and we both walked into the place.
 
We chose a booth and chose the background and started taking pictures.  I felt so happy that she agreed to do this with me.  The last picture I kissed her on the cheek.  None of us talked after that shot.  She left the booth first and I followed her after.  We were waiting for the pictures to print and stood there in silence.  Why did I do that?  The pictures finally came out and we both grabbed it and our hands touched.  We both blushed and pulled our hands away.
 
“You can get it.” She said quietly.
 
“A-alright.” I stuttered.  Why the hell am I stuttering?
 
I got the pictures out of the machine.  I gave her one copy and I kept on copy.  We both decided to walk back to the hotel room.  The walk back was quiet and awkward.  I wonder what she’s thinking right now.
 
Minhee’s POV
 
We finally got back to our hotel and he went to go wash up while I sat on the bed.  I took out the picture and started looking at it.  I looked at the last photo… the photo where he kissed me on the cheek.  I couldn’t help but smile at the picture.  My heart sped up so much when he kissed me.  It’s not suppose to do that! I’m already over him.  Why did he even kiss me?  I think I should just forget about it… it means nothing Minhee.  He was finally done with washing up and it was my turn to wash up.  By the time I was finished, he was asleep already.  
 
I spent a week in Japan and it was time for me to finally go back to Korea.  I spent time with the boys this whole week and they made me feel a lot better. I’m thankful that they were here for me.  I didn’t even talk to Jiyong…. He tried calling me but I didn’t reply or anything.  I don’t feel like talking to him at the moment.  The sight of him makes me sick.  This whole trip made me confused.  I don’t even know what to do anymore.  Sigh… stupid heart.  I just need to go back to Korea and be away from them right now. 
 
=One Month Later=
 
Things are still the same.  Jiyong has been trying to call me non stop but I haven’t replied to any of his calls.  He even asked the 2ne1 members to talk to me but I just blow it off.  I’ve been talking to Donghae a few times a week.  He’s been making sure I’m okay and I’m not doing anything stupid.  
 
I was currently in my apartment watching TV.  I had a day off today since 2ne1 didn’t have any schedules.  I heard my phone ringing and it was my sister.
 
“Unnie?” I answered.
 
“Guess what?” She told me.
 
“What?”
 
“I’m getting married!!!!  My wedding is in two weeks!!!” She yelled over the phone.
 
“What?!?! Since when were you engaged?!”
 
“Since now!”
 
“Why is your wedding so soon?! Wait, are you pregnant?!!!” I asked her.
 
“Yah! You know I wouldn’t do that!” Jinhee unnie yelled at me.
 
“Then why are you rushing the wedding?”
 
“You know I’m not a fan of big weddings or planning them.  Plus, we just want to get married already. So the wedding is in two weeks and you better be here!” She told me.
 
“De.” I told her. “I’m happy for you unnie.”
 
“Thanks. By the way, you’re maid of honor so have a speech ready for me!” She told me.
 
“De. I will. I’ll see you in two weeks!” I told her.
 
“Alright. Bring Jiyongie too!” She told me.
 
“De.” I told her and she hung up on me.
 
I can’t believe unnie’s getting married.  I’m not going to bring Jiyong though.  I’ll just go by myself.
 
My stomach started growling.  I walked to my fridge and there was nothing in my fridge.  Dammit.  I put on a jacket and walked towards the market when I felt my phone vibrating.  It was Mr. Yang.
 
“Hello?” I answered.
 
“Minhee-ah, are you busy?”
 
“I’m not. Why?”
 
“Come by the office right now.” He told me and hung up.
 
Uh oh. Am I in trouble? Did I do something?
 
I arrived at the YG Building and walked into his office.  Mr. Yang was sitting in his chair while looking at his computer screen.
 
“Sit down.” He told me.
 
“De.” I told him and sat down in front of him.
 
“Do you know why I called you here?” He asked me.
 
“Ani. Did I do something wrong?” I asked him.
 
“I need to talk to you about two things.” He told me.
 
“First of all, the owner of Vogue gave me a call and offered you an internship over in Paris.  She sees potential in you and thinks that this is a great opportunity for you.  She called me to tell me to persuade you to accept it since you’ve never called her.  I think she’s right Minhee.  This is a great experience for you.  I think you should accept this offer.” He told me.
 
“S-she really wants me to?” I asked him.
 
“Yeah.” He smiled at me.
 
“But I don’t have money to go there.” I told him.
 
“That’s all covered.” He told me.
 
“H-how?”
 
“Let’s just say you got a full ride scholarship.” He grinned at me.
 
“Mr. Yang, you didn’t have to!” I told him.
 
“But I wanted to. It’s a great opportunity.  Plus, you’re like family to me.”
 
“I don’t know what to say but thank you.” I told him.
 
“So you’re going to accept?”
 
“De.” I smiled at him. “When is it?”
 
“Well it doesn’t start until another month.  Your dorm and everything is all set.  Even if you were going to say no we were going to kidnap you and send you over there.” He told me.
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at him.
 
“And secondly, what’s going on with you and Jiyong?”
 
I knew he would bring this up.
 
“Nothing. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I lied to him.
 
“I’m not dumb kiddo.  Jiyong’s been bothering me these past few weeks.  If you have a problem with him you should confront him.  Don’t run away from it.” He told me.
 
“De. I’ll talk to him.” I told him.
 
“Alright. That’s all I needed to talk to you about. Go see Mrs. Lee later and she’ll give you the info about your abroad program.” He told me.
 
“De. Thanks a lot.” I told him and left his room.
 
I can’t believe I’m going to Paris for fashion school!!! How cool is that?!  I took out my phone and decided to share the good news with Donghae.
 
“Hello?” He answered.
 
“Guess what?!” I told him.
 
“You got plastic surgery?” He told me.
 
“YAH! YOU’RE SO MEAN!” I whined.
 
“I’m just kidding. You’re beautiful Minhee.” He laughed. “What’s up?”
 
“Remember how I told you about the Vogue owner?”
 
“Uh huh. What about her?”
 
“Well she’s sending me to fashion school in Paris and I have a full ride scholarship there!” I told him.
 
“That’s really great Minhee!!! I knew you were destined for greatness.” He said.
 
“Yah, you’re so corny.”
 
“Whatever! When do you leave?”
 
“In a month.” I told him.
 
“Ah so soon?”
 
“De. I guess I won’t be seeing you huh?” I said sadly.
 
“I wouldn’t say that.” He told him and I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder.  I turned around and saw Donghae in front of me with a big grin on his face.
 
“What are you doing here?!” I asked him. “Why aren’t you in Taiwan?!”
 
“Our promotions ended a little early.” He grinned at me.
 
“H-how’d you know I was here?” I asked him.
 
“I saw you and decided to surprise you. Miss me?”
 
“De.” I smiled at him and pulled him into a hug.
 
“Good. I missed you too.” He returned the hug.
 
“So you’re back for good?”
 
“I’m back for good.” He told me while breaking the hug.
 
“Good. I get to see you before I leave.” I smiled at him.
 
“I’m happy for you Minhee. I really am.” He smiled at me.
 
“Thanks. Oh guess what?”
 
“What?”
 
“Jinhee unnie’s getting married in two weeks!” I told him.
 
“Really? That’s good!” He smiled at me.
 
“Do you want to go with me?!” I asked him.
 
. Did I just ask him to go as my date to my sister’s wedding?
 
“Sure. In two weeks right?” He replied.
 
Did he just accept my offer?!
 
“De.” I told him.
 
“Just remind me when the time comes.”
 
“Okay.” I smiled at him.
 
“So do you have any plans today?” He asked me.
 
“Ani. I’m free today. Why?”
 
“Let’s go out and eat. It’s been a while since we last hung out.” He grinned at me.
 
“Alright.” I smiled at him and my phone started to ring.
 
It was Bom unnie.
 
“Minhee where are you?” Unnie asked me.
 
“I’m going to go eat with Donghae. Why? What’s up unnie?” I asked her.
 
“Nothing. I’m just bored. The other members aren’t home so I decided to bother you.” She told me which caused me to giggle.
 
“Do you want to go eat with us unnie?” I asked her.
 
“Nah. I don’t want to feel like a third wheel.” She told me.
 
“Other people are going to be here too.” I told her.
 
“Really? Alright then. Just text me the address and I’ll meet you guys there.” Unnie told me.
 
“De.” I told her and hung up on her and turned to Donghae.
 
“Why are you looking at me that way?” He asked me.
 
“Go call Eunhyuk oppa and invite him to go eat with us! This is his chance to court Bom unnie!” I told him.
 
“Good point.  Wait, I thought you were team Yunho.” He told me.
 
“Ani. I think Bom unnie and Eunhyuk oppa would look better.  Hurry and call him!” I told him.
 
“Alright miss bossy.” He told me and took out his phone and dialed Eunyuk’s number.
 
We were walking towards the restaurant while Donghae was on the phone.  A few minutes later Donghae got off the phone.
 
“So?” I asked him.
 
“He’s on the way and he was like he’s going to treat you to dinner.” He grinned at me.
 
“Yes. Free food.” I smiled.
 
We arrived at the place and waited for Bom unnie and Eunhyuk oppa to arrive.  We ended up ordering the food first so the others wouldn’t have to wait.
 
“Sorry. Am I late?!” Eunhyuk oppa ran over to us.  He looked like he was out of breath.
 
“Ani.” I smiled at him. “Sit down oppa.”
 
“De. Thanks for the invite and I owe you dinner.” He flashed his gummy smile at me.
 
“Yah Hyukjae ah you owe me dinner too!” Donghae told him.
 
“Alright. I’ll pay for this dinner! Just order whatever you guys want.” He told us and we both cheered. “Is she here yet?”
 
“Not yet. She’s on the way. Relax oppa and be yourself! You’ll be fine.” I told him.
 
“Remember to breath Hyukjae ah.  And don’t say anything stupid or else she’s going to leave you for Yunho.” Donghae told him and I smacked him on the shoulder. “Ow! What was that for?”
 
“Don’t listen to this idiot oppa. Just act natural. Bom unnie will like you.” I told him while glaring at Donghae.
 
“I was just telling him the truth. No need to smack me.” Donghae pouted at me.
 
“Don’t pout. It doesn’t suit you and it doesn’t work with me.” I told him.
 
“You guys are like a couple.” Eunhyuk oppa told us.
 
“WE’RE NOT THOUGH! I WOULD NEVER GO OUT WITH HIM/HER!” We both shouted at the same time.
 
“Sure. Whatever you guys say.” He grinned at us.
 
“Sorry I’m late! There was traffic!” Bom unnie walked towards our table and Eunhyuk oppa stiffened up.
 
“You’re not late unnie. The food didn’t even come out yet.” I told her and she sat beside Eunhyuk oppa.
 
“Hey Donghae. Hi Eunhyuk-ssi.” Bom unnie told them.
 
“Hey.” Donghae greeted her with a smile and Eunhyuk oppa just stared at her.
 
“Are you okay Eunhyuk-ssi? Is there something on my face?” Bom unnie asked him.
 
Eunhyuk oppa still didn’t anything so I kicked him and he snapped out of his trance.
 
“Ani. S-sorry. There’s nothing on your face and hello to you too.” He told her.
 
“Oh Alright.” She smiled at him.  “What’d you guys order?”
 
“We ordered everything on the menu.  That monkey over there is treating us so feel free to order anything.” Donghae smirked at Eunhyuk oppa.
 
“Really? Alright!” Bom unnie smiled and started looking at the menu. “Are you sure I can order anything?”
 
“Y-yeah. It’s my treat. Order anything you want and as much as you want.” Eunhyuk told her.
 
“You’re sure?”
 
“I’m positive.” He told her.
 
“Alright.” She smiled at him and he just blushed.
 
This is too cute but Eunhyuk oppa needs to man up and stop being so shy….  If he wants to win Bom unnie’s heart he needs to be aggressive! I’m counting on you Eunhyuk oppa!