Chapter nineteen.

Work Of Art

 

 
“Finding Nemo? Why?” I laughed at him. “Are you a kid or something?”
 
“No. I just like the movie! You’re so mean!” He pouted at me.
 
“I’m kidding. Don’t pout anymore.” I told him and kissed him on his cheeks.
 
“Do you like Finding Nemo?” He asked me.
 
“Yeah I like it.” I smiled at him and cuddled in his arms.
 
I secretly loved Finding Nemo.  Finding Nemo reminded me of Donghae because he loves the movie.  It was Donghae’s movie and I loved it.  I wonder how Donghae was doing?  I wonder if he’s enjoying his stay in Taiwan?  Things have been awkward for the two of us and it’s all my fault.  
 
“What’s with the sighing?” Jiyong asked me.
 
“Nothing. It’s just it makes me mad that the guy kidnapped Nemo.” I told him.
 
“You were sighing because of that?” He started chuckling.
 
“De.” I told him.
 
“You know it’s just a movie right and if he didn’t get kidnapped then Marlon would still be overprotective of Nemo.” He told me.
 
“I know that but I hate problems.”
 
“Well if there isn’t any problems then there would be no fun at all.” He told me.
 
“I guess.” I told him.
 
“Let’s watch the movie okay?”
 
“De.” I told him and we both turned our attention to the TV.
 
I ended up spending the night at Jiyong’s.  It felt great to be in his arms.  I felt safe and I know I’m going to dread it once he leaves for Japan.  Why is everyone that I love going overseas?!
 
Chapter 19
 
Today Jiyong and the rest of the guys are heading to Japan to start on their promotions.  They will be gone for three months!  Three months is a long time.  I was currently at his dorm to say our goodbyes.  We both thought that it wouldn’t be a good idea if I followed them to the airport. Fans will be there.
 
“Don’t be sad. I’ll be back in three months. I’ll call you every day and we’ll skype every day okay?” He told me and pulled me into a hug.
 
“I know but it’s just I’m going to miss you.” I hugged him back.
 
“I’m going to miss you too. I’ll come back okay?  When you’re free you can come and visit me. Don’t be sad. I love you and remember to take care of yourself.”
 
“De. You have to take care of yourself too okay?  Remember to eat on time and remember to dress warm and don’t get sick.  Don’t over work yourself. Call me when you land.” I told him.
 
“I will. I love you Minhee.” He broke the hug and pulled me into a kiss.
 
“I love you too.” I told him after breaking the kiss.
 
“Hyung we have to go now. Bye noona. We’ll see you in three months.” Seungri told me.
 
I said my goodbyes to everyone and left their dorm.  I decided to go to a coffee shop and work on the blueprints for TVXQ’s outfits.  My deadline was in a few days.  I was more than half way done.  I arrived at the coffee shop and ordered a green tea frap with soy milk and started working on my sketches.  There was going to be a total of twenty outfits.  I needed to do five more.
 
“This place was suppose to be a great and clean place. But I guess I was wrong.” I heard someone saying. I looked up and saw Yoona and a few other girls standing in front of me.
 
“Who is this Yoona?” One of the girl asked.
 
“No one special. Just trash.” She answered.
 
“Oh it’s Jiyong’s girlfriend.” I recognized one of the girl saying.
 
It was that Jessica girl!
 
“Jiyong oppa’s going out with her? Why? His standards went down.” Yoona said.
 
“Can I help you with something?” I asked her harshly.
 
“You can leave.” She told me.
 
“Well this place isn’t yours so I don’t have to listen to you.” I rolled my eyes at her.
 
“I agree with Yoona. I don’t even know why Jiyong oppa’s going out with you. You’re rude and there’s nothing special about you.” Jessica said.
 
“What did I even do to you guys?” I asked them.
 
“You broke Donghae oppa and I up.” Yoona told me.
 
“She’s the one who broke you guys up?!” The other girl spoke up.
 
“Yup. This is the Tiffany.” Yoona told her.
 
“Wow. You broke them up and now you’re with another guy. You’re a .” Tiffany told me.
 
“Why don’t you shut up? You know nothing about me so just leave. It’s none of your business.” I told her.
 
“Like you said… No one owns this place so I don’t have to leave.” She smirked at me.
 
“Just get out of my face then.” I rolled my eyes at the girls.
 
They’re such drama queens! They need to freaking grow up.
 
“Maybe you should get out of our faces!” Yoona snapped. “I heard you’re working on the outfits for TVXQ’s concert.”
 
“So what?”
 
“Mr. Lee loves me and I’ll tell him that you treat me badly.” She said.
 
“Go ahead. I’m not scared. The worst thing is that he’s going to fire me. I could care less.  You think I’m going to give in to you?  Not a chance in hell… I hate girls like you.” I told her and continue to draw my sketches.
 
“How are you talk to us like that?!  Do you even know who we are?!” Jessica snapped.
 
“No I don’t know who you guys are and I don’t intend on knowing. You guys should stop acting like spoiled brats and grow up. Since you guys aren’t leaving then I will.” I told them and grabbed my stuff and left.
 
Why are there girls like them in this world?!  Where can I go now and work on my sketches in peace?  I decided to go to the park.  I arrived at the park and found a spot where I can just sit and relax.  I put down my things and sat on the grass.  I took out my pad and started sketching.  This is more like it.  I spent a good three hours working on my sketches when I felt my phone vibrating.  It was an unknown number.
 
“Hello?” I answered.
 
“Minhee it’s me Donghae! My phone broke so I’m using a prepaid phone.” Donghae said.
 
“Oh hey.” I answered.
 
“You busy?”
 
“Ani. I’m just at the park right now.” I told him.
 
“Why are you at the park?”
 
“I’m working on some sketches that is due in a few days.” I replied.
 
“What are you designing?” He asked me.
 
“Outfits for a concert.” I told him.
 
“Oh yeah. Yunho called me and told me how you were in charge of their outfits for their concert. Nice.” He told me.
 
“Thanks. What are you up to? Did you need something?” I asked him.
 
“No. I was free and I thought I’d call you to check up and see how you were doing.” He told me.
 
“Don’t worry I’m still alive.” I told him.
 
“That’s good to hear.” He laughed.
 
“So how are things over in Taiwan?” I asked him.
 
“They’re great. Just busy but everything’s great. I can’t wait to come back to Korea though. I miss everything.” He told me.
 
“Well Korea doesn’t miss you.” I .
 
“You’re mean. I bet you that you miss me. You made it clear that you’ll miss me when I told you that I was leaving.”
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I told him while recalling the first time he broke the news to me.
 
“Sure you do. Anyways I just wanted to call to see how you were doing.” He told me.
 
“How sweet of you.” I told him.
 
“I know I’m sweet. I’m the bestest best friend ever.” He told me.
 
“Whatever. Well I’ll let you get back to whatever you’re doing. Take care Donghae and remember to eat on time and don’t do anything stupid.” I told him.
 
“I won’t mother. I’ll call you later.” He told me.
 
“Okay.” I said and he hung up.
 
Just two more months and I get to see him again.  This month went by pretty quick.  I decided to head home after my phone call with Donghae.  I grabbed all my belongings and started to walk towards my apartment.  On the way, I bumped into someone and dropped my sketches.
 
“I’m so sorry!” I apologized to the person.
 
The person didn’t say anything and helped me with my sketches.
 
“It’s okay.” The voice told me and I looked up and saw a women in her mid-40’s who was dressed up very elegant.  She looked very poise and graceful.
 
“I’m sorry.” I said and stood up. “I didn’t get your dress dirty did I?”
 
“You didn’t” The woman smiled at me and took my sketches and looked at them.
 
“Here I’ll take them.” I told her and was about to grab the sketches but she stopped me.
 
“Did you draw these?” She asked me.
 
“De. I currently have a project to design outfits for the upcoming TVXQ concert.” I told her.
 
“These are really good. Do you just do guy’s clothing?” She asked me.
 
“Ani. I do girl’s clothing too. I’m more comfortable with designing for girls but my boss recommended me to accept this project.” I explained to her.
 
“I really like your work.” The woman told me and handed me my sketches back with a card.
 
“What’s this?” I asked her.
 
“I’m in charge of the Vogue branch in Korea and I love your work.  You should call me when you’re done with this project. I would love to work with you.” She told me and walked away.
 
I looked at the card she gave me. It read: Kim Minyoung.  I can’t believe she’s in charge of the Vogue branch and that she likes my work!  I put the card in my bag and started to walk towards my apartment.  I finally arrived home and decided to make dinner for myself.  The rest of the night I just watched TV while I finally finished my sketches.  I headed to bed afterwards.
 
The next morning I was heading to the SM Building to show Mr. Lee the sketches for the concert. I hope he likes them.  I tried doing them according to each song.  I arrived at his office and knocked on the door.  He let me in and motioned for me to sit.
 
“I have to sketches.” I told him.
 
“Great. Let me see them.” He smiled at while I handed him the portfolio.
 
I sat there while he was looking through my sketches.  He made no expression.  Does he not like them? I wonder what I did wrong.  I took my finger and started biting my nail.  I was nervous that he’s going to not like it and make me design it all over again.  He closed the portfolio and looked up at me.
 
“What do you think?” I asked him nervously. He didn’t look too happy. . He doesn’t like it.
 
“Well.” He said but then he cracked a smile. “I like it. I think you’re very talented Minhee.” 
 
“Really?” I smiled at him.
 
“Really. The designs are very nice and the boys will look awesome in these.  It’s such a shame that you’re working for YG. You should come work for us.” He told me.
 
“Thank you Mr. Lee.” I smiled at him.
 
“Well I’ll send these to the designers and have them made. Thanks a lot Minhee. They’ll call you if they need help with anything.” He told me.
 
“De. Thank you.” I told him and left his office
 
I can’t believe he likes my designs! I can’t believe that my designs will be shown at a concert!  I was so excited and I took out my phone and dialed the person that I wanted to share this news with.  After a few rings, he finally picked up.
 
“Hey.” He answered.
 
“Hey. Are you busy?” I asked him.
 
“No. I have the day off and I’m just chilling with the members. What’s up?” He asked me.
 
“So Mr. Lee loved my designs and TVXQ is going to wear it for their concert!” I told him.
 
“That’s great news! I’m happy for you Minhee! I knew that he’s going to love your designs! You’re talented but you never listen to what I say!” He told me.
 
“And that’s not all.” I told him.
 
“What?” He asked.
 
“So yesterday I was at the park and on my way home I bumped into someone. And that someone turns out to be the CEO of Vogue in Korea. She saw my work and liked it and wants to work with me. She gave me her business card!” I told him.
 
“Wow. That’s really great Minhee. I’m really happy for you! What did you say to her?”
 
“Nothing. She just told me after I was done with this project that I should call her.” I told him.
 
“Wow. You’re almost close to your dreams Minhee.” He told me.
 
“I know. I’m really happy and you were the first person I thought of.  I wanted you let you know first.” I told him.
 
“Well I’m happy that my best friend is doing well. I really am Minhee. You deserve it.” 
 
“Thanks Donghae.” I told him.
 
“I’ll take you out once I get back.”
 
“You better. That’s part of the description of being my best friend.” I .
 
“Yeah yeah yeah.” He said.
 
“Any ways. I have to go now. I’ll call you later okay?” I told him.
 
“Okay. Congrats again Minhee. I’m happy for you.” He told me.
 
“Thanks Donghae.” I told him and hung up.
 
I decided to head towards the YG building to tell Mr. Yang and everyone else the good news.  Donghae was right… I’m this close to fulfilling my dreams.  Thank you God for this opportunity.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
“Who called?” Kyuhyun asked me.
 
“It was Minhee.” I told him.
 
“Oh. What did she want?” He asked.
 
“She just wanted to tell me some good news. That’s all.” I smiled at him.
 
“I see. You seem happy.” He told me.
 
“I am.” I told him.
 
“Alright then.” He said and went back into his room.
 
I was happy for two reason.  First reason is that Minhee is a step closer to fulfilling her dreams and that makes me happy for her.  I know how much she loves this dream of hers and it makes me happy knowing that she’s almost there.  And the second reason why I’m happy is because I’m the first person she called to tell the news to.  She didn’t even call Jiyong first! She called me!!!! I know that I should try getting over her but I tried and it’s not working.  I decided to keep on loving her from a distant until I get over her.  There’s no point of forcing myself to stop loving her when I can’t.
 
After my phone call, I decided to walk around the streets of Taiwan.  I wanted to clear my head.  I told the guys I was going out for a bit and left the dorm.  I was walking down the streets and there was a street fair going on and I decided to check it out.  I stopped at a stall that was selling really nice pearl earrings.  I decided to get a pair for Minhee.  I stopped by the next stall and saw really nice color pencils and I bought a pack for Minhee.  She would probably need these when she’s designing.  The last stall caught my attention because they were selling this really nice necklace.  It was shaped in pencil with your birth stone placed on it and you can engrave your name on it.  I decided to get Minhee one with her birth stone.  I paid for the necklace and headed towards the park.  I hope Minhee loves the gift.
 
A month passed by and Super Junior M was getting well known in Taiwan. I’m happy with this progress… the guys and I have been working really hard and we’re finally getting somewhere.  Mr. Lee and our manager decided to give us a week off for working so hard that they decided to send us to Japan to relax.  The guys and I were currently at the airport waiting for our plane to depart.
 
“Ready for Japan Hae?” Hangeng hyung asked me.
 
“Yeah. I can’t wait to just relax.” I grinned at him.
 
“I can’t wait to see all the hot girls in Japan.” Kyuhyun jumped in.
 
“Is that all you think about Kyuhyun?! You’re suppose to be the magnae and magnae’s are suppose to be innocent!” I smacked his head.
 
“First of all, isn’t it suppose to be a good thing that I think of girls? I usually just think of star craft.  And second of all, I’m not the magnae right now… Henry is.” He told me while pointing to Henry.
 
“He’s right hyung. I’m the magnae now.” He grinned at us.
 
“Whatever you dog. I would feel bad for the girls in Japan.” I told him.
 
“Pft. More like they would be graced by my presence.” He smirked. 
 
I was about to say something when my the announcement for our flight was departing.  We got all our stuff and headed towards the terminal.  I can’t wait to spend time in Japan!
 
Minhee’s POV
 
It’s been a month and everything’s been perfect.  My outfits were finally done and I was currently in the dressing room going over last prep before TVXQ have their concert.
 
“These outfits are amazing Minhee.” Changmin told me.
 
“Thank you. I’m glad that you like them. It means a lot to me.” I smiled at him.
 
“What’s not to like about them. It’s amazing.” Changmin said.
 
“Well you look handsome in it.” I told him.
 
“I’m already handsome.” He grinned at me.
 
“You should come work for SM.” Yunho told me.
 
“Yeah it’d be so fun if you can work for SM and we can see you more!” Changmin added.
 
“Thank you but I love working at YG.” I told them and they were both pouting.
 
“You don’t like us?” Changmin pouted.
 
“It’s not that. It’s just I’m use to working for YG. Don’t take it the wrong way. I love you guys. You guys are really sweet and I had fun working with you guys. We can still talk and hang out after this.” I told them.
 
“I’m just kidding with you. You better hang out with us after!” Yunho smiled at me.
 
“Alright. It’s a promise. Well I’m officially done with everything! Good luck with your concert and I hope you guys rock!” I grinned at them.
 
“Are you going to come?” Changmin asked me.
 
“I’m not sure. I might have something for that day since I’m back to being 2ne1’s stylist.  They’ve been really busy lately.” I told them.
 
“I forgot you work for 2ne1.  How are they as persons?! Are they nice?! Are they even prettier in person?!” Yunho started bombarding me with questions.
 
“You’ve never met them in person?!” I asked him.
 
“No. We never met them in person.  A lot of people from our company did and they were telling us how beautiful they are in person! Isak noona was raving on how beautiful they are.  The Super Junior members talk about them all the time and how they’re nice and so shy.” Yunho told me.
 
“And everyone says that they’re beautiful. We want to see them.  We watch their performances but we never got a chance to meet them. Introduce us Minhee!” Changmin pouted.
 
“I can’t believe you guys never met them. They’re the nicest girls I know.  They’re so down to earth and yes they’re beyond beautiful.  Especially Bom unnie. She’s like a living goddess.” I told them.
 
“I want to meet her! You should tell her about me!” Yunho told me.
 
“Are you interested in her?” I asked him.
 
“She’s my favorite! I’ve been a fan of hers every since We Belong Together and her CF with Hyori noona.” Yunho stated proudly which caused me to laugh.
 
“He’s right Minhee.  For a period, that’s all he watched.  He would freaking watch those two videos over and over again.  And when she was in that song by Jieun, that’s all he watched.  He downloaded We Belong Together and listened to it over and over.” Changmin stated and Yunho just blushed.
 
“Wow. So it’s safe to say you’re a big fan of Bom unnie?” I asked him.
 
“Yeah.” He grinned at me.
 
“You should’ve seen his reaction once he found out she was going to debut with 2ne1. He was so excited and kept on telling everyone in the company to let us have a comeback soon so he can see her.” Changmin said.
 
“Really?” I cracked up.
 
“It’s not funny. I want her autograph and I want to talk to her.” Yunho pouted.
 
“How about this? If they don’t have a schedule that day and they’re free, I’ll invite them to the concert and bring them here so you guys can officially meet.” I told them.
 
“REALLY?!” Both of them shouted.
 
“Why are you excited Changmin? Yunho is the only one who can be excited.” I told him.
 
“I’m a fan of 2ne1! Plus, I always wanted to meet them.” Changmin explained.
 
“Whatever. I’ll give you guys a call once I know.” I told them.
 
“Alright. I hope they’re free on that day.” Yunho grinned cheekily.
 
“Lame.” I smiled at them and left.
 
I can’t believe their 2ne1 fan boys.  I wonder who Changmin likes.  Could it be Dara unnie since everyone likes her? We’ll just have to see who he acts shy around.  I looked at the time and decided to pay the girls a visit.  They should be at the YG building practicing since that’s all they do.  I arrived at the building and walked into the room where the girls were practicing.
 
“Oh unnie what are you doing here?” Minji asked me.
 
“Where’d you come from?” Dara unnie asked me.
 
“I was just with the TVXQ boys doing last minute touches to their outfits.” I told them.
 
“Ah.” Bom unnie answered.
 
“So are you guys free next weekend?” I asked them.
 
“We just have a recording for Music Core. Why?” Chaerin asked me.
 
“Well, TVXQ’s concert is next weekend and they invited us to go.” I told them.
 
“They invited us to go?” Bom unnie asked.
 
“De.” I answered.
 
“Why?” Minji asked.
 
“Apparently they’re fans of you guys and want to meet you.” I told them.
 
“Who’s fan boys are they of?” Chaerin asked.
 
“Well I just know Yunho’s favorite.” I told them.
 
“Who?!” They all asked me.
 
“I can’t say because he would get mad.” I told them.
 
“We won’t even tell him! We don’t even talk to him! If you tell us then we’ll go!” Minji told me.
 
“You guys .” I told them.
 
“Yes.” Bom unnie grinned.
 
“Why are you so happy unnie? Do you like Yunho?” I asked her.
 
“W-what are you talking about?” She asked me.
 
“Why are you stuttering unnie?” I asked her.
 
“I’m not stuttering.” She said.
 
“Sure.” I told her.
 
“I just think he’s handsome and manly okay?” She confessed.
 
“That’s more like it.” I grinned at her.
 
“So who does Yunho like from all of us?” Dara unnie asked.
 
“He likes Bom unnie.” I told them and they were all squealing besides Bom unnie. “Why are you guys squealing?”
 
“They would look so cute together! He’s tall and handsome and Bom unnie loves guys like that!” Chaerin gushed.
 
“Bommie you should go to the concert and talk to him!!!” Dara unnie told her.
 
“I’m his favorite?” Bom unnie asked.
 
“De. Apparently he’s been a fan of yours ever since your debut with We Belong Together.” I told her.
 
“Wow. He’s a loyal fan boy!!!!” Minji gushed.
 
“Let’s go to the concert for Bom unnie! I want to see them interact!” Chaerin said.
 
“So I’m taking that as a yes to going? I’m going to call him now and tell him to reserve us five tickets.” I told them.
 
“You’re going to call him now????” Dara unnie asked me.
 
“De. Why?” I asked her.
 
“Put him on speaker phone and let Bommie talk to him!” Dara unnie told me.
 
“What? No!!!” Bom unnie spoke up.
 
“Quiet you! It’s time to get you a boyfriend!” Dara unnie told her.
 
“Why does it have to be him huh?” Bom unnie whined.
 
“Because he’s the best guy for you.  He’s the perfect one.” Dara unnie told her. “Minhee call him.”
 
“De.” I laughed and dialed Yunho’s number and put it on speaker phone.
 
“Oh hey Minhee. What’s up?” Yunho answered and the girls were silently squealing.
 
“Hey so I have great news.” I told him.
 
“What’s the great news?” He asked me.
 
“I asked the 2ne1 members and they’re free next weekend so they’re coming to the concert.” I told him.
 
“REALLY?! I FINALLY GET TO SEE PARK BOM?! YES THANKS A LOT MINHEE. I NEED TO MAKE SURE I’M AT MY BEST THAT DAY. I NEED TO IMPRESS HER.” He yelled over the phone.
 
I looked over at the girls and they were all grinning and Bom unnie was blushing.  The girls were trying so hard not to laugh.
 
“De oppa. You get to see Bom unnie.  Don’t faint now okay?” I .
 
“I’ll try not to.  She’s a freaking goddess.  She’s so beautiful.” He told me and I looked over at Dara unnie. She was smirking.
 
“Why thank you Yunho-ssi. Bommie loves you too.” She said.
 
“Minhee?” Yunho asked.
 
“Ani. Hi I’m 2ne1’s Dara. It’s nice to meet you.” Dara said.
 
“Y-you heard everything?” He asked.
 
“De. I’m sorry. I made Minhee do it.” She told him.
 
“D-did Bom-ssi hear it?” He asked.
 
“Ani. It’s just me and Minhee. So don’t worry. I’ll makre sure Bommie goes to your concert.” She told him.
 
“Thanks. I’ll see you guys next week.” Yunho said. “Bye.”
 
I put my phone down and looked over to the girls.  They were all grinning and teasing Bom unnie.
 
“Shut up. You guys are mean.” She whined.
 
“He totally likes you!” Dara unnie .
 
“You guys will make hot babies.” Minji told her.
 
“Yah Gong Minji! You’re still a kid! You shouldn’t be thinking about that!” Bom unnie lectured her.
 
“Sorry unnie.” Minji smiled at her.
 
“She’s right though.  You guys should just date already. You guys would look so cute!” Chaerin told her.
 
“Who looks cute with Bommie?” Dongwook oppa asked while entering the room.
 
“I’m out of here!” Bom unnie said and walked out of the room.
 
“So who’s the guy?” Dongwook oppa asked again.
 
“We can’t tell you! If we do then you’re going to hunt him down and scare him away!” Minji told him.
 
“I’m just looking out for you girls!” Dongwook told her. “You girls are like sister to me so you guys have to have the best!” 
 
“Whatever oppa. You’re so overprotective.” Chaerin rolled her eyes at him.
 
“It’s cause I care.” He grinned. “That includes you too Minhee. But you’re Ji’s so I shouldn’t worry as much.”
 
“Thanks oppa.” I told him.
 
“So who’s the guy?”
 
“Nope. We’re not telling you.” The girls answered and left the room.
 
“So Minhee. Tell me.” He grinned at me.
 
“I’m sorry oppa. I can’t.” I told him and ran out the door.
 
“YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO LOVE ME MINHEE!!” I heard him shouting.
 
Dongwook oppa is so adorable.  Hanbyul unnie is lucky to have a guy like him. I can’t wait for the concert now.  It’s going to be very interesting to see how Yunho oppa and Bom unnie acts.  I can’t wait to see them together!