Be My Friend

Warmth Lies Within

Here I am standing outside with this tray in my hand. What am I even waiting for? I took a deep breath... It sounds stupid to say that I don't like to act in a caring way. I just can't stand to see myself like that in front of people in general. 

I walked in and closed the door as a habit. Slowly, I reached her side and placed the tray on the desk beside the bed. She still wearing the same confused face as before, you just can't seem to tell what exactly she's trying to pull out of her mind. "Ms. Kyungwan, you need some sugar so that you could gain more strength." She looked my way without blinking, and then she tried to sit properly obeying what been said to her. 

Midway, I caught her losing balance again to drop on the bed, but my fast reflex caught her on time by shoulders with both of my hands catching her in each side. With her head trapped in between my grip, I noticed that her hand were clinging to my shirt as well. I took my hands off trying to back off gently, but her hands are not leaving its grip on my cloth. My eyes landed on her while she was looking straight ahead as if she looking way beyond my body. And there I saw those shiny color circulating her vision. Frustration starts taking over as I don't know what's happening neither what to do in this situation. 

My hands move on its own to pat on her back carefully, thinking that maybe it will ease her heart a little. But what happened next took me out of guard. Without warning, those tears start flowing and her hands moved to secure me between her. Just like that, she poured her heart out while squeezing me closer. I continued patting her back at the same pace assuring her that she's safe. 

After about ten minutes, she calmed down. I thought it was the time to free my body from her embrace, but it doesn't seem that she wants to let go. "Can we stay like this a little longer?" She asked suddenly and I wasn't ready for such a request. 

This moment that we just shared together, didn't only serve her, but me as well. I noticed how much she carry the same sent like my friend. Being this much close weakens my body and senses, but it hurts a lot as well. It brings me pain more than anything. 

"Why would you ask for that?" She shifted her head that was facing my right side to be direct with my shirt, burying her face in softly. I was fine with everything until she throws her next words at me. "I like your smell," what in the world is she saying? Like who would say such thing in their right mind. I want to escape from her, but at the same time, I don't want to be harsh. "You do realize that what you said is a little embarrassing, right?" And thank god, my words were able to make her lose her grip on me, setting me free. 

I backed off slowly sitting on my bed facing her. "I won't ask what's the deal with you as it's none of my business. But instead, I would appreciate it if you could eat what I brought you with me before you get to prison my body between your hands." Her cheeks went shade red giving me a small nod. As soon as her eyes landed on the tray, I saw it beam happily. 

She started digging the jelly, I could see that she's enjoying it. "Those are my favorite snacks ever," she stated full of joy. Well, I won't be surprised anymore, Nayeon used to love Jelly as well. And not only that, I would always make sure to buy Vita500 for her. It's what I always end up buying, a habit to remind me of her.

I was sitting down and my eyes were fixed on her while she enjoys the munching. Didn't pay attention until I found that she's staring back at me with a knowing look. "Why you dropped your smile? Even though it was sad, you looked more approachable." 

"Are you scared of me?" She was surprised by my question but she shook her head fast denying. "I am not, it's just that... I liked it..." I hummed in acknowledgment while nodding. "Just get used to me having those swings in my face. I used to carry more playful soul than now, it just I don't find reasons for it to come back to that phase of me. Now lay back down until you gain your strength steadily again." I went up from my place to grab the tray. "It's not the first time something like this happened to me. Not eating, could be one reason but the main one is that me putting pressure on my head. Every time I try to remember something my head starts hurting and I lose my balance. My family always tells me to not push myself to remember but I do want." She was talking to me freely about her life, I don't want to sound rude but those things shouldn't be shared with anyone. 

"Do you usually share your life easily like that with other people?" She closed her eyes gently while shaking her head. "You are the first one to tell something this personal to. I don't have friends at all, usually just spend my time with the environment and family. But since I came here, as weird as it might sound like, I felt something warm toward you, it feels like I could share anything if it was you..." She looked at me in the eyes fills with fears. "Please don't run away from me because of those words."

Tell me what could I say to that. It does sound weird but at the same time, I don't feel it is. Putting that aside, how could she not have any friends? All these years she has lived, not even one person? "How come you have no friends?" Here is her sad expression coming out, "I don't know myself. All I could remember is the last two years. Anything before that, I have no idea about. My family said that I had an accident that causes amnesia."

I lost my friend as well two years ago, such a fate we both carry. There are so many things that seem to connect us. "Well, I just might be your first friend. I will take my leave now."  Just like that, I headed toward the door. "Wait..." I turned her way waiting to see what she's going to say. "So we are friends now right?" 

I smiled warmly while looking her direction. "Not only me, but everyone else here would gladly be your friend. And it would be better if you don't get used to me around because I won't be here for long. Rest well." And that's how I disappeared quickly from her sight. There is nothing wrong with what I said. Soon when the mission finished, I would have to hunt down my enemy. Which means there is no time for friendship and all the worries that come with it. If I dig more into her life, I might get stuck and wouldn't be able to get out later. It's better that way, the job has no space for that, it would only bring troubles.

---------------------------------------
[Mina in the backyard]

As harsh as it might sound for those words to come out from her, I can still understand her point. Thinking back then, I was so simple and easy to trick. Couldn't really refuse anyone requests, it felt like a duty to me. Or...

Actually, it would be easier to say that I was afraid. Fears of losing someone around me at that time, but thinking of it right now, did I even had anyone ever before. How was I scared of losing something that I didn't have in the first place? 

I used to be really on track with my studies. Students used to cross my bath just asking for help with their courses. With the fake sweet talk they shower you with at the beginning, they thought that's the way of making me say yes to them. Though I was simply helping and in no need for any unnecessary compliments. It just that they picked up my pace and it didn't take long for them to come and throw their request without even greeting. And despite all that, I kept helping as I felt bad letting them down. 

It was okay to live this way, as long as no one hurts me, it was fine. I guess what I was scared of, wasn't losing someone, but being hurt whether physically or mentally. After all, it was the reason I transferred her in the first place, to stay away from trouble.

She might think her words would make me upset, but she only stated the truth. And now, it feels so heavy in my chest all of a sudden. I need some time alone, and I know the exact place that could relieve my soul.

--------------------------------------------------
[Momo in The Gaming Room]

"I told you that I am the best with the dancing games. I used to be the best in my class." Jihyo is great as well with dancing, but her skills can't beat mine. "Oh yeah, watch me dragging you down on this round." Ohhhhhh, the confidence...

"Bring it on." And that how I was defeated in a glance of an eye. Like how did the table flipped on me like that? "What did you do to gain this round on your side? That's unbelievable, my moves were on point." 

"You know, following the moves is one thing and putting the extra mile effort is another." I might not be a good dancer, but I could put enough effort to catch up to your level and it did actually work." What she said is true and can't be denied. She moved her body with the right moves but it was more of moves of her own strength.

"Okay, I admit defeat on this round." She raised her eyebrow on me. "I don't need you to admit that, the results are more than enough as a fact." Oh god, with that smile that full of power. I don't think I would win against her determination. 

"Wow, I didn't see the day were Momoring would lose to anyone when it comes to dancing." Sana was watching from behind. "Hey, you should be on my side." I pouted facing her. "I am, but you gotta admit that her effort won against your experience. Take it as a lesson my friend."

Then Chaeyoung appeared from behind Sana, "Guys, did any of you saw Mina? I can't find her." The house isn't that much big. "Did you check her room?"

"Yeah I did, and I also looked almost everywhere in the house, but there is no sign of her." Jeongyeon on time joined us after hearing the frustrated Chae I believe. "What's going on? Is there something wrong." Jeong asked full of seriousness. And Chae didn't waste any second to reply, "Yes unnie, I can't find Mina. Please help me find her." And at that moment Jeong faces was screaming 'Say no more your majesty' and stormed outside the room like a soldier. 

It didn't take her long to come back. She glanced toward Chaeyoung, "let's go look around the area. Do you know any specific place she might have went to?" And that left the latter thinking but she seems to be in frustration about it. "I have no idea where she might be. Momo, do you know any place that Mina be in right now?" And I immediately shook my head, "she used to spend her time home with your parents as I am aware of. She might have gone to some near park or something. Don't panic and jump to dangerous conclusions."

Dahyun entered the room, "Unnie, let's all split and search for her." By that Jeong proceed to split us and our search seems to start. It seems really serious to me now. I think I am starting to get worried, she's not the type of person who would disappear like that. 

--------------------------
[Jeong outside with Dubu]

Before everyone gets on the action, Dubu and Jeongyeon were sharing their thoughts outside alone. 

"Do we have her number to track it?" The Eagle asked. "It seems that Chae doesn't have it at the moment and I don't want to ask anyone else as we don't want to blow our cover. Does our team know anything regarding the matter?"

"I talked with them and they said that the last time they saw her, she was getting out of the front gate walking. You know our team wouldn't leave their spots unless it was our client." With that, I need to make sure to take note so that next time there would be different procedures to follow.

"Okay, make sure we are not split to more than two groups. We have to keep an eye on everyone." I sigh at the situation, I know that with more people at the house, it would be hard to manage all of them. Even when I know my only responsibility is Chaeyoung and that Dahyun has her own client as well to look out for... Wait...

"Dubu, we need to get Kyungwan as well as she's resting in the room. You need to keep an eye on her as well. Also, inform our team that we are going away from the house. Let them split into two, one to follow us while the other to keep an eye on the house while we are away. W don't know what could happen while we are out." With that, Dubu left to do her part and I stood outside trying to think how we could work this out. Why all of a sudden she left without a word to any of us? It just doesn't feel right. She might want to be alone for some reason which is undesirable but because of the situation with Chae I can't just stay still. 

I saw them coming out one after another following Dahyun. "Okay, we can't have you all split individually as you know, it might be dangerous with the darkness approaching. So let's proceed all together before it's too late." They all nodded and we start the mission quickly.

I got Chaeyoung and Sana with me in the car, while Dubu took the rest and I made my other team follow them as she has more people in the car to look out for. We had to go in two separate directions so that we cover as much distance as we can in this short time. 

Since she went out walking, we assumed first that she might still around the area. But when we couldn't find her, we extended our search a little wider. Time went by and we couldn't catch a glimpse of her and it started to freak everyone out. "Wait, could you please drop me here? I have somewhere in mind that she might be in right now." Sana spoke while I was still driving. "Wouldn't it be better if we all go together?" Why drop her if we all could go check the place?

"We will waste more time if we do that. I tried calling Mina before but her phone is at the house as I heard it ringing. I could go myself to check the place and I will report back to you if I did as I have Chaeyoung number with me. In the meanwhile, you could continue your search so that we won't waste time." Great point indeed. I think she would be fine staying alone. "Okay, please make sure to contact us if something happened." She nodded and I pulled on the side to drop her. "Please be careful." And just like that, we drove away to complete our search. 

------------------
Okay since I am alone now, I could go check on her in the Han River. I know we both used to go there when we are bothered or wanted to relax our head. It's my fault after all for the harsh words I throw at her. Let's hope she's not doing something crazy there.

I took a cab to go there fast as I have no more patience on me. We reached the place and I want out running around trying to see if I could catch sight of her.  Then my stupid brain remembers that we had a favorite spot that we used to be in at the time. 

I ran to it fast and when I was approaching it and I saw someone that was half over the edge struggling to lift there body. Are they crazy? This person might die if the kept doing that. When the view was more clear, my eyes were wide open realizing who it was. My foot picked up the speed faster and my hands soon landed on her waist pulling her to my side. "ARE YOU CRAZY? DO YOU THINK I WILL ALLOW YOU DOING THAT TO YOURSELF? YOU STUPID LITtle penguin..."  I pulled her down fast away from the edge. 

Now that I get a hold of her in between my hands, I can't seem to let go. How could she decide to leave like that? "I don't care about what happens to me if the truth would make you safe, I would be willing to spill it out. Just please, don't think even of doing that ever again, please..."