My Pain, I Got To See You Again

Warmth Lies Within

"It's the time to use our squirrel again." 

"But boss, didn't someone payed all her family debt?" 

"You shut up. She doesn't know about that and we are going to use her. It's her fault for being stupid. Also she can't resist us specially when we threaten her about her parents. So let's use that card as long as it's still available." 

The other guy sigh in defeat as he can't go against his boss well. 

That girl family has a huge debt to them since they lend people money with interest to pay back monthly. But her case was a little special. Is seems that the boss enjoy toying with that girl and using her as much as he can. 

One day, someone came in and payed all her debt that her family has and been said to leave her alone. But, the boss never figured that the girl has no knowledge about the fact that her business with them has ended. And he kept silent about it, wanting to keep using her for his favor. 

"It's really fun playing with this girl.  Call her for me, I want to speak with her now." 

The boy picked his phone and pulled her number and dialed her. Then he immediately hand the phone to his boss to speak.  

It wasn't long until she picked it up.

"Hay squirrel, it's been a long time. Are you happy to hear my voice again?" He said those words while smirking with joy...

----------------------------------------
Meanwhile, after the Moonsun issue get solved. Mina and Chaeyoung get into a little trouble while they were roaming in the woods.

~

I was walking with Chaeyoung while holding her hands. I was still scared from the surrounding atmosphere. I know that we won't get lost because it's easy to find our way back or even encountering other camper around the area.

But I can't help but let fears enter my soul. The darkness is terrifying and that small light that's emiting from the phone along with the moons is just a blessing. And with Chaeyoung beside me, it's makes me less intimidating. 

I thought that we are going to stay in this position until we conclude our search. But something unexpected happened. 

A voice that echoes right into my ears and causes a movements to my right side. That sound was enough to makes my body jump forgeting that I was holding Chaeyoung to my left. That only ended up making me running away as a result leaving any room for a rational thought at the moment.  

My hands were placed close to my face and my eyes were almost fully closed out of fear. My leg has stopped as soon as my ears captured a familiar voice. A one that I haven't heard in a very long time. Two years to be exact.  

A voice that made me lose hope in trusting people and open the door to my cursed self. 

Upon hearing her, I hide behind one of the trees automatically not wanting to announce my presence in front of her. I don't think I have the courage to face her yet. 

I took a closer look forgeting about my fears now. She is on the phone and seems to be very aggravated at the moment. 

"Now what do you want? We are paying our dues each month. What business you have with me?."

I wonder who she's talking to and what dues she's talking about. Is she in trouble by anychance? I can't help but be curious about the situation. 

"And why would I do that? I have done much enough things for you just so that I can avoid my parents being in trouble. We are paying everything each month and there is no more need for me to do any job for you."

Oh no. Is someone forcing her to do things out of her well? That's not good. Even though I have been hurt by her before and tasted the pain of 
betrayal, but my heart seems to care for her even after those years. 

After a while from saying her words, I saw her hands clench into a fist. And her body seems to get fixed in one position after she was moving in all directions before when she was speaking. 

I thought she's going to continue talking, but I saw her lowering her hands that was holding the phone. She was about to throw it away from her sight somwhere but she stopped her movements and placed her hands down again after this attempt.

What happened next really broke my heart. She fell down on her knees with her faces directed to the moon that shining with it's light in the wide sky. 

"Why?" Is all what escaped while a tear rolled down from her eyes. The light of the moon was enough to clear the sight of her broken in front of me. 

"Why?" She said it again with the same tone. Then she proceed and said it more harshly while yelling it with her face now looking at the ground instead.

"Why do I have to go through this torture? Why people keep using me with no mercy like that? Haven't my soul had enough of these treatments? When will I get the chance to taste what a peaceful life look like? Why do my parents has to put me in such situation like this? I hate myself, my life and everything that came with it. I wish I wasn't been born..." 

Her tears were streaming heavily while her hands on the ground. The sight really broke my heart, I want approach her and comfort her sad self. I never knew that she's suffering as well. I might not know what she's suffering from or what exactly is happening on her life. But witnessing her like this really makes me rethink of the past events that happened before. Could it be that I missed something back then.  

I was about to approach her when I heard a weak voice calling my name. That caused her to stand up quickly facing the voice direction and immediately running away after that. 

That was Chaeyoung for sure, I almost forgot what I am actually here for in the woods at the moment. 

-----------------------------------

Me and Mina were together searching before a sound came that startled her causing both of us to sway away from each other. 

In fact, I have been pushed away after Mina jump scare that really suprised me. I was thrown on the side and even my phone flew away from my hands.

Great, now we lost the light that was guiding us around the place. 

The phone was in no place to be seen and while I was looking right and left for the phone, I realised that Mina was not within my sight. 

Great not only I lost my phone but My Minari as well. She was really clingy to me when we where searching around. I bet she's scared right now specially after she discover that I am no longer beside her. 

I quickly stood up running toward the obvious direction that she might have take in such state of shock like this.
 
With each step I was calling her name loud enough for her to hear. Until I saw a figure beside a tree looking like hugging it somehow.

I couldn't confirm her side profile with all the darkness that surrounding the place. With that in mind, I walked toward the figure and when she turned I knew immediately it was Mina. I ran right away toward her increasing my pace.

"Mina are you okay? Did you get hurt by any chance?" She shook head making me sigh in relief.  

At that moment, I heard footsteps coming toward us and it was non other than our Unnie Jeongyeon who came for the rescue. I actually wouldn't be able to find our way back as we walked randomly after freaking out because of the last sound that shaken us there. 

I told Jeongyeon that I lost my phone somewhere and she said that she would find it later for me as it still have enough battery. Which means if someone call me, the ringing sound would be heard easily and I would be able to spot my phone. 

Jeongyeon lead the way to our camping spot while she made a couple of calls on her phone. 

In the other hand, Mina was silent all the way back. I think that she's still shaken by the scary situation that happened when she get left alone. 

When we reached the spot. They explained to me what happened and that they found the girl already. I was really glad to hear that. 

Then, because we have roamed around the woods for a while, we all were exhausted and went to our prespective tent. 

Jeongyeon, Mina and me were in one tent while Jihyo and Momo got the other one. 

I was laying with Mina beside me and it seems that she drifted away to sleep faster than what I thought it would take her. I think she's really exhausted. Jeongyeon still didn't come inside the tent yet.

I was facing tent top when I heard Mina mumbling something in her sleep. It directly capture my attention, so I focused my ears in her direction to see if she would speak again. 

"Why..." I heard her saying first then she said something else that got me all worried again "Sana..."

Is she still thinking about that question she asked me before when we were trying to sleep that day. She said kind of the same thing. 'what are we living for?'

To Be Continued... 

---------------------------------------

Author Note :

Did you guys get what I did at the end. I hope you got my hint. It's kind of playing on words. Anyhow, I am really sorry these past days. I am literally super busy but I pushed myself to make an update despite that. I will try to make another one if I am capable to do so. 

Thanks for all who subscribed to my story. 

I really would like to know. Is the story making sense to you? Even though I feel my story is not really that interesting, but I will continue it till the end. Please don't expect much powerful romance as I am lacking in this department. But I will try my best.