Nine

Days on an Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mommy...."


"No..."


"Mommy, Please?"


"No, go back to your room, Mina..."


"but, mommy.."


Jessica looked at her pouting daughter then sigh "No. did I already told you about eating sweets? we agreed that you can only eat chocolates once a week."


Jessica explained, she cursed her father inwardly for giving a bag of different kinds of chocolates he bought on the states for her family and of course for Mina. Knowing that kids loves sweet in their ages.

At first, Jessica let her daughter eat sweet like she wanted but as times goes by, she noticed Mina won't eat properly anymore so she had to limit it in order for her daughter's health.

Also, she was tired to wake up every night because her daughter keep pounding at their door complaining that her tooth hurts so much


"Then your teeth, look at it. you loose your teeth on front because of eating sweets." 


She was busy lecturing her daughter until she heard the door opened revealing her wife who just come home from her work.


"hey.."


"Umma.."


"what is it?"


"Mommy won't let me eat some sweets." Mina told her other mother as if Yuri will do something but when Yuri made an eye contact with her wife who raised an eyebrow at her, Yuri have nothing to do about it.


"listen to your mommy okay? she just don't want you to be sick.."


"what about you umma? even if mommy forbid you, You still eat ram--"


Yuri quickly covered her daughter's mouth laughing awkwardly and led her to the bedroom where Mina can play her toys and dolls.

After comforting her sulking daughter and assuring she has entertain herself with toys, Yuri go out from her room and go towards Jessica flopping beside her then pressed her lips in the side of her head.


"Tired already?" 


"Kinda... what about you? are you done with all the reports?" 


"a little bit.."


"good for you then... unlike me I still haven't finished it."

Yuri look at the papers and folders scattered in the coffee table along with fountain pen and pencils. she bet that Jessica is trying to finish her reports but got tired then decided to watch a TV..

 That explain to Yuri why the TV is widely open into a drama.


"there's still a lot of  things you need to put in that?"


"yeah, I have to write my own findings regarding my patient sickness and I have to re read again some of their documents... gosh I think I'm being back again into medical school."

with a heavy breath, Jessica pick up the papers and folders in the table.

Seeing her wife has a little bit struggle and heavy breathing, Yuri  suddenly remembered the talk between her and Hyoyeon few days ago. 


"Sica."


"yeah?"


"What if we go for a vacation after we finished our reports? would you like that?" 


"where we should go then?" 


"America? we can go visit your dad or Taeyeon and Tiffany. how's that sound? we can bring Mina too.."


"hm...  sure I guess we really need a break then. did you talk to uncle yet?" 


Yuri pick up one folder in the table and gently examine and read it's  content

"Not yet. I will going to discus it once I'll submit my report.. hey, what kind of disease is this? I haven't heard any kind of this."  

Yuri point at the very unfamiliar word she never encounter in her whole life and never know that this word exist in medical dictionary.


"Where?"

Jessica go near Yuri and peek at the folder. She saw the word that Yuri is pointing at and she start explaining it so Yuri would know what kind and cause of sickness that came from blood pressure who is diabetic. it looks like she became a y teacher discussing to one of her student. Being a pro in cardio field is a piece of cake for Jessica and a turning point to Yuri, it's easy for Jessica to explain this kind of knowledge cause she already study and analyze it a few days ago.

 
She was still engrossed in explaining it when she noticed her daughter tip toeing passing by the living room. She want to laugh at her little one that is acting like spy in a movie as if she was the lead.


"Mina, where are you going?" 


the little girl jumped cutely. She thought her mommy won't notice her but it gone wrong.


"Uh... in the kitchen?"


"what are you going to do there?"


"drink some water?" 


Mina crossed her fingers in her back when Jessica starts to calculate her actions whether she's telling the truth or not. however, luck was not in Mina's side.


"Go back to your room."


"but mommy, I'm thirsty."


"I'll get the water for you then.."


"Aish..." Mina dumfoundedly walk back to her room. she can't fool her mommy instead of her umma. 


'that kid'


Jessica took a glance to he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter