Four

Days on an Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's very early in the morning where Yuri catch her wife sitting in the couch. Eyes glued in her laptop screen, still in her jams and a document and results sprawled in the table. 

She was out for a while to have some jog and left her wife is sleeping soundly in there bed but her she is, approaching her wife and took a glimpse on what Jessica is busy with.

"Hey, baby. You up early." 

She wen to hug Jessica behind and kissed her cheek. Jessica was looking at her patient condition in her laptop screen and the result of the test. 

"I have a patient that has a heart disease and she's pregnant also. I run the test on her so I find out that she have a Hypertensive Heart Disease..." 

Yuri listened to Jessica's explanation as she rest her head on the latter shoulder cause she was still hugging her but due to the couch that make Yuri not comfortable, she untangle her arms and go sit beside Jessica...

"What you supposed to do then? It's between mother's life and child." 

"Yes, your right. Look what Dr. Lee forward me cause he has the same case as mine before.." Jessica clicked numerous window and Yuri was only watched her wife expertise on it

"Here.. the heart of his patient shows the enlargement of her heart but for my patient, her heart has a difficulty to pump a blood due to high blood." 

Jessica was right if it's the case, it's hard for the mother to give birth to her child even if it's normal or a C-section, the woman can't handle the pressure while operating and there's a chance that only one of them will survive. 

"I get it. But, what will you gonna do now? Let the baby survive?"

Jessica been thinking that moments ago but she can't put an end there because it's not her to decide.. it's the husband's patient was. 

"I still need to discus it with her husband, Yuri. This was so hard for me but If I'm him. I rather to give my child a chance to live."

Yuri became silent after that, she took a glance at her wife that has a forlorn face looking at the result examination. She understand Jessica and if she will be the one, she will also sacrifice herself but she think about the husband feelings. By that  she picture out him as her, what will be her world if Jessica is gone? What will the difference between night and day with out her? I might be able to raise Mina well? Yuri might be alive but her soul is dead right after her wife died. 

She shiver..

It will be a gray if that will happened. 

Yuri was out of her nonsense imagination when her daughter suddenly cried in her own room. Jessica was ready to stand up just to be stopped by Yuri who said that she will get her instead. 

A pair of teary eyes found Jessica staring at her while she is being carried by her other mother. Well, her daughter is just woken up and don't expect that she is smiling back to her mommy.

"Hey my baby already woken up?" She kissed the forehead of her baby and gently laid in her arms then open her pajama blouse slowly to let her fed.

Jessica then go back to her business letting her baby on her own way.

"I felt sad for my patient.."

"Why is that?"

"I can't save for the both of them. I'm a doctor and tend to save lives but this kind of situation is out of my control let's say there's a 20% chance of surviving but the risk is still high."

She explained looking at results and to her laptop screen. There's a  tint of uneasy in Jessica's eyes and start to put each words to construct a sentence on what speech she will tell to the husband.

"It's not your fault, you can't blame the fate that has given to her. do your job as a doctor, Sica. It will be fine." 

Yuri pull her family in her embrace and kissed the side of Jessica's head. If fate decided to play a trick in your life then it will be hard, some can overcome with it but some are not. Jessica's patient is one of the unlucky ones.

"What time is your in?"

"10 o'clock."

"You should prepare, so you won't be late. "

"What about you?"

Jessica pull away into the embrace because her daughter squirm in her arms.

"2 pm. No surgery only check up and by 5 pm I will visit Krystal in the apartment." 

"I will pick you up there once my duty is over."

"What about Taeyeon? She's leaving Tonight right?"

After Taeyeon broke the news towards Yuri Days ago about her promotion in the US, Taeyeon is being scheduled to depart Korea going to California along with Dr. Lee and Dr. Park to be a senior Doctor that will supervised the other doctors including the trainees.

"I have time on saying my Goodbye to her later in the hospital before she depart." 

Jessica smiled "Okay, she must be happy huh? She will be with Tiffany again. Anyway, I'll see you later? 

Jessica peck the lips of Yuri and smiled sweetly at her, Mina  was full enough in her mother's milk suddenly squirm again in her arms, she button up her blouse and hold Mina to stand on her lap.

"Give Umma a kiss, princess." Yuri smiled towards her daughter and Jessica. Those two was such a cutie the way they smiled. She give each one of them a kiss but before she can get out of the couch a sudden voice of 'ma ma ma ma' came out from Mina's mouth that made her mothers widen her eyes and look at her daughter suspiciously.

 If they're not mistaken, it's the first word Mina said! And they are so happy about it.

---

"Yow buddy!" Yuri slap Taeyeon in the back when she saw  her best friend walking towards the cafeteria.

"Your done packin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter