She's Ready

Days on an Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the morning, You can see that Jessica is tending to wipe the sauce in the corner of her daughter's mouth due to her clumsiness.

this is why Jessica hate when she let Mina eat on her own by a spaghetti. it's dirty and messy. she even stained her shirt. 


"Mina, stay still baby please." Mina obeyed and stop whatever she's doing and sat in front of her Umma that is looking amusedly at her.


"Umma.. Where did you go?"


"Umma got lost in an Island baby.."

Yuri said to her and wipe the remaining sauce in the corner of .


"In an Island? where is that?"


"Mina, stop your fingers it's dirty."

Jessica said and wipe her finger by a wipes instead then go back to get the powder, brush, clip and extra clothes in her bag.


"It's far away baby.. Aigoo. Did I gone that long? What happened here when umma was gone? Did I missed something?"

Jessica already arrive at them and start to take off her daughter's stained clothes and powdered her back and front body.
Mina just letting her mommy cleaned her while she is Thinking what happened for the whole week. Crossing her one hand in her chest, while the other is holding her chin, looking up and start to think. Yuri find her cute in that way.


"Nothing much  mommy and I were always here, visiting auntie Tiffany and let me play with Chesca Unnie then one time mommy bring me to mall and buy some clothes and other stuffs.."

Mina narrate every thing what she did for a week to her Umma while Yuri listened to her and smiled every time Mina tell her the story. she felt that when Mina is talking, she is also there, she can feel the words that her daughter said, every bits of details didn't leave Mina to say it to Yuri that made her mother felt overwhelm.


Now that she fully covered with a fresh new shirt, yet Mina is still continuing her novel to Yuri.

"Mommy miss you so much, the reason that we are always here is to update. then She too always call Uncle Jinyoug for update also and Umma, Mommy also can't sleep every night cause she felt lonely--"


"Mina.." too much blabber mouth, Jessica cut her off.  Mina gone  overboard about her novel and even her own story got untold by her daughter.


"Opps sorry, mommy." She giggled and covered it's like she just said something she isn't supposed to say but it slipped and it's too late now.


Jessica only shakes her head at her daughter while tying her hair. She even didn't saw how Yuri looked at her. it's full of longingness, love, and thankful.

she didn't expect that Jessica will do that thing to her. 


"Ah! mommy!"


"What? it's dirty."


"No..." Jessica sigh, she can't really sperate the stuffed mickey mouse toy at her daughter

"Mickey will be staying here by my side."


"okay, let me cleaned it for you.." Mina hesitate for a moment but give it to her afterwards. 


"Umma. I was confused, why your skin got brown? did you go to that Island just to tanned yourself even more?"

Yuri chuckled and pinched her daughter's cheek "No baby,the weather there is really hot, only night time is cold."


"There's no house too?"


Yuri shakes her head "No.." You will be a smart kid once you got grow up.  Mina formed a perfect "O" in as she imagine what the Island looked like. 


"Here's your mickey. why are you so fund of it?"Mina took the mickey in her mother's hands and faced her.


"Mommy.. I told you he is my baby brother.." Of course Jessica already know that but she wonder why?
 clutching mickey in her arm, Mina said seriously to her.

"Mommy I want a baby brother. I want someone to play with me in the house." 


Jessica and Yuri looked at each other. and Jessica looked back to her daughter when she saw the teasing smile forming in Yuri's lips. 


Jessica didn't think about going to have a baby again not until her daughter demand on it. her father also wants another grand child from her but Yuri and her didn't talked about it. She's willing to have another one due to her daughter's demand but for herself, she wasn't sure, she wasn't sure if she's ready to suffer for nine moths again.


"Mina, you can play with Chesca Unnie for a moment. I will talk to your mommy first." 


Yuri put her daughter down. She saw the hesitation in Jessica's eyes when Mina asked.

it's a good idea to have another baby but Yuri don't want to put pressure on her wife, so in order to settle things up, she needs to talk regarding that matter to Jessica and whatever Jessica's decision is, she will going to respect it.


Mina didn't got a chance to open the door cause it opened by someone else.


"Uncle!"


maybe next time. I'll talk to her.


Yuri go stand beside Jessica and faced his brother. she saw that her daughter go out already after she gave her uncle a hug.


"Oppa."


"Hey, yul. How are you?" 


"I'm okay." Yuri give a quick hug to her brother "What are you doing here?"


"Hey Jess."


"Hi oppa."


"Umm actually there's something I asked for.." Jinyoung scratched behind his neck and laugh awkwardly.


"What is it?"


"Umm Yul, there are some interviewer here along with me. they want to do an quick interview with you." Jinyoung said and look at Jessica "Can Yuri do the interview Jess?"


"I don't mind." Jessica smiled at him. 


"How bout you, Yul?"


"Sure"


"Okay."


 Jessica already agree so she don't have a problem with that. Yuri go back to her bed and sat down while Jessica go to the sofa and settle herself.

Yuri saw that Jessica is zoning out again and that made her worried, probably still thinking about the baby thing.


The door opened once again revealing her brother with the interviewer behind him, Yuri could see in The ID they were wearing and it's from a famous network in Korea.

Jessica broke from her thoughts when she heard the "Annyeong" From the people got inside of the room, she made a hand shake from them before the interviewer turned towards Yuri who gave her a warm smile.
---


Yuri blink, she look towards Jessica and saw her that she is also anticipating for her answer. she started to sweat in her bed and feel a very intimidating look at the sofa where Jessica is. She didn't not look at her anymore cause she was afraid the way Jessica looked at her. 


This is how I hate about interview, they really dug deeper towards your past. god! I wish the floor will eat me now!


She gave the reporter a timid smile and answer the question politely. after all  the interview they had earlier, this is the first question asked her about her ex.


"Yes, she's one of the people stayed in the Island. She's a friend of mine."


"I see. There are five of you in the Island right? So, how did overcome those hardship?"


Thank you god!


Yuri smiled at that question. "We have this thing called teamwork. We decided that we should group ourselves from boys to girls to make our job easier. The boys was in charge to find some twigs or woods to be used every night then we the girls will find foods. Actually, there's a lot of complicated things happened between the two boys but we manage to make things settle though there's still the fire in between."


"That's nice, doc for the whole one week staying in that Island what difficulties you've really been through?"


"aside from lack of food, water and cold night, The storm really give us a hard time. I remember that we haven't eaten for a whole day that time because of the rain we just stay there, sitting in a rock under the tree and the only thing we used an umbrella is a banana leaf. I thought the rain won't last long but I didn't expect it became a storm and the banana leaf that we used became useless." 


"Wow haven't eaten for a whole day? you all did that?"


Yuri laugh upon seeing the reporters face. her expression is priceless. who wouldn't even believe that right? many won't believe it but Yuri was telling the truth. they endure the hunger they felt even if their stomach are growling.


"Yes. unbelievable right?"


"indeed Doc." The interviewer chuckled and looked to the paper where question is being written.


"Oh! Doc, before I got here I got an interview from Mrs. Park..."


Damn it. 


"Speaking of the storm, she got sick right after that,right? and she said that You took a good care of her until all of you got saved. she is telling me how great full she is towards you Doc." The interviewer relay the message to Yuri, failing to notice that the person in front of her is shaking to death.


Jiyeon you're making my life short.

 


"Ah that. it's nothing. my profession is a Doctor and it's my Job to help towards others. besides, she also help me with my injured leg that time so I guess  I'm just returning the favor." 

Her leg is now fine but it leaves a mark that will remind her about the accident happened.


Yuri pick her own word on what she is answering because she don't want to slip anything here regarding that issue.


"Now I Understand why there are so much people looking upon on you Doc. What are some regrets you do that you want to make it right now that you had given a second chance to live?"

"Hmm.. I already settle the mistakes I made before so I guess, I'm all good." She smiles.

"Ohh so okay,  last question."


Finally... Yuri smiled and nod her head saying to fire away the last question she will going to answer.


"What lesson have you learned in staying in the Island?"


"Teamwork? Because we did hold into each other arm in order for us to survive and faced the challenge that came to us. some if us got issue in life but that person didn't leave us alone and still stick to the team until the end and yeah I think teamwork was the lesson I learned. though I already used to that teamwork cause I'm a doctor but this so called teamwork came a lot of realization of life."


"What kind of realization in that?"


"I thought that was a last question?" Yuri joke and the interviewer grin "Just kidding, Realization about how pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter