Two

Days on an Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica hates Goodbye's she don't want to say Goodbye to her father who is standing in front of him. The attorney was smiling to his daughter but his eyes is sad. He will be alone again in the house all by him self.

Jessica was hugging his father as tightly as ever and promised that she will visit her if she have time, the baby is sleeping in Yuri's shoulder and Mr. Jung only kissed Mina's head as a goodbye.

His buddy and energy builder, oh he will going to miss her so much. This past week that he spend time with Mina, she suddenly felt alive and bring back the days when her wife is still here and were the one who is taking care of their daughters like the way she pampered Mina when it cried. 

Now that he will be alone again, the feeling of emptiness is beginning to creep to its place. Like the way how the ice creep in the lake in some parts of america. Cold and empty. 

Jessica give her a final hug and Yuri bowed to Mr. Jung lightly as a respect, before they entered the airport to flew back in Korea.

 

It was a peaceful day of Yuri where she is sleep so heavenly, snoring and rolling all over the king size bed. She laid in her stomach, face buried in her pillow while she is hugging another pillow in her side. You can say that she's in a very deep slumber cause the curtains is giving the room a shade of dark when it's already very sunny outside. However, her peaceful sleep got disturb by a sudden cry coming from the other side of the room.

Kwon Mina is already crying in her crib for merely 30 minutes now, her face looks a mess tears is extremely overflowing in her cheeks then her shirt is wet from the tears, mixed with sweat and saliva coming from her. She bawled loudly when there's no one appeared in her room, she is coughing so hard and gasping for some air. Calling whoever is the house cause she is damn hungry!

Yuri in her state of drowsiness walked to where Mina's room is and like a water splashed in her face, she widened her eyes and run towards Mina immediately. Her sleepiness eventually went away because of her daughter's state. She picked her up in the crib and rock to make her stop. 

"What baby? Why are you crying? Stop crying Umma is here." Yuri hushed her but it doesn't work at all, Mina cry even more. Yuri checked her diaper and poof. It soiled. She go to the changing table and laid her daughter that it still crying. Yuri don't know how make Mina stop and it's hard for her change the diapers cause Mina's leg is kicking the air.

Yuri became frustrated to stop the bawling baby. If Jessica was here, Yuri will hear again the many rants from her wife. Yuri took a deep breath and Mina suddenly stopped crying She stared at her mother's with some tears in her eyes as if she just saw a bunch of cute stuff toy in front of her. Yuri smiled, she didn't know that her daughter appreciated her not so beautiful voice. She start to change the diaper to a fresh one and throw the soiled into the trash can. 

"You know, Your mommy has more beautiful voice more than me baby..."

For you to know, Yuri sang a song to Mina for her to stop for a moment.

Yuri pick her daughter up again and change her clothes. She was feeling proud of what she did. Yes, that what's Kwon Yuri felt. It was  small compared to what Jessica did but who cares? At least she did something for the baby.

She mentally check the first one Jessica told her.

"If mommy is here, she will going to scold me. Are you now hungry? I'm sorry that I forgot the time you should be fed." Yuri glance in the clock in sigh.. "Just wait here and I will go find your milk okay?" Yuri gave a toy to her sniffing kid in the baby chair provided. She wipe her tears away and kissed her cheek. 

Yuri was looking from top to bottom, drawers after drawers and she couldn't find the milk for her daughter. She have no Idea where Jessica put the milk is cause she's the one organize the compliments and in order for Mina to be fed, she have to call her wife that has a surgery today, she glance at the clock then turn to her daughter that is playing in the chair. 

"I'll be right back just wait for a moment." She said and go to pick her phone in the room, dialing her wife's number.

I hope she done with the surgery... 

Jessica is having her surgery right now eyes focused in the flesh wound of her patient but when her scalpel and surgery tweezers will made a contact in the skin. She stopped mid way because of vibration. 

"Dr. Jung, are you alright?"

"I'm fine." 

Jessica assured she prayed that her phone will stop vibrating and tried to get back in the operation but the annoying vibration in her pocket is really disturbing. She stopped and sigh.

"Dr. Jung, what's wrong?" One of her junior asked her worriedly. He wonder why Jessica is acting like that. 

"Nothing."

The senior surgeon groaned and turn towards her assistant. She forgot to put her phone back in the locker and it was disturbing  her concentration because of the call. She knows it's forbidden to bring phone in here but the vibration won't stop so she asked her assistant to pick it up for her.

"It's Dr. Kwon." what now?  The assistant swipe it for her and brought the phone near Jessica's ear.

"What?"

"Sica, where did you put Mina's milk?" 

"Bottom part in the right corner it's near the refrigerator... Wait you will going to fed her just now?" 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. It's her second surgery for today and for what she remember, she told Yuri that Mina will be fed at exactly 8 in the morning. What time is it now? It's past 8 o'clock. Jessica's vein in the head twitch as she took a deep breath ready to scold Yuri.

Jessica is so sensitive when in come to her daughter frankly speaking, she was sensitive because of what happened years ago where Jessica lost her first child.

Yuri suddenly realize what happened, she rotted in her place and then "Uh yes, I over slept hehe umm hey I already found it thanks and I love you baby mwah!"  And pressed the end button before she will hear another rant again. 

Jessica's assistant put her phone back into where she get while stifling her laugh. She heard the conversation of the two cause she's the only one who is near Jessica. Thanks for the mask, Jessica didn't recognize her grin or else she will encounter a hell sica right now. 

"What you see will be only stay inside this room. If the board will know that I used mobile phone while operating, I will hunt you down. It's that clear?" 

She shift her eyes to the people inside here individually silently telling if they understand what she mean. Her salary will cut half of it if the board know that Jessica break one role in the hospital. Though she didn't mean to bring the phone with her cause she was in a rush but rules are rules.

"Good. Now back to work."

---

Yuri was left alone in the house baby sitting her own daughter for the first time after Jessica gave birth to Mina going to the day they arrive in Korea last week until today. Today was different.

Last night when Jessica told her to take a day off, Yuri already know why. She was tasked to take a good care of her her lovely daughter and fixed their unit cause it's too dusty for baby Mina to handle. Jessica don't want  her daughter to have an asthma because of the dust. Did I already mentioned the she is sensitive when it comes to her baby right? Then that's the example. She ask Yuri to dust off the cabinets, TV, sofa, under table, the sides of refrigerator and So on and so forth. She also remind Yuri before she went to work early in the morning of what she will gonna do especially the time Mina will took her milk and baby food which Yuri nod her head saying she understand it but she didn't. Yuri was too sleepy for her to remember all of that. The bawling of baby Mina because of hunger earlier remind Yuri what she supposed to do.

"Go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter