Home

Days on an Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room filled with comfortably silent as Jessica and Yuri are keep looking and smiling to each other. it's their way on showing on how they missed each other.

Weird but cute.

Yuri is leaning in the hospital bed, holding Jessica's hand, intertwining it and looking at her wife's face while Jessica is sitting in the chair so close at Yuri, holding her hands tight like she was holding her world. if it's not for the bed that is between them and the hospital itself, Jessica and Yuri might do something already but they are doctors and they respect the hospital room.

 
Yuri is not admitted, she was staying in the hospital cause that is advice from the doctor, they still need to check the condition of Yuri before they will let her go. Yuri explained it to Jessica and somewhat Jessica understand it. even though she wants Yuri to go home with her. Her condition is Jessica's priority for now.


"What's wrong? I'm that interesting to look?"


"You just noticed it tho I've been staring at you for more than an hour and you were doing also the same?"


"Oh right... I thought you were an angel sitting right there." 


"What? you thought you were in heaven? are you insane? you are not dead Yuri."


"I don't mind if I'm dead or in heaven as long you were the one who am I looking at.." Jessica blushed in that statement


"Is that what you got from staying in the Island for a week?"


"Nope.. I just missed you.."


"You and your sugary words, Yuri.." Jessica hissed, her face was already red because of this dark one over here.


"You know you love it when I say sugary words at you, Sica. don't deny it."


"Shut up. stop it already. you are grinning like a dork."


"You love this dork." Yuri said, still grinning and swaying Jessica's hands that is covering her face. 


"Whatever.. You are crazy go get some rest it's late." Jessica is trying her best to cover her face but she was holding's Yuri's hand tightly and got failed. it's true that she love the sugary words of Yuri but she don't want to show it cause she is shy.


"I'm not crazy, Just in love. c'mon what are you hiding for? Show your face. I want to see you blushed."


"Aurgh! Yuri stop it.." Yuri pulled Jessica towards the bed and hug her in sideways. 

Ahh.. This is Home.


"Hey baby look at me." She tapped Jessica's arm, resting her head on her shoulder .


"No.. you will going to tease me." she said bowing her head trying her best not to look at Yuri.


"No, I promise.  just look at me." Jessica peek behind her hair and when she confirmed that Yuri is on her right mind, she lift her head towards her.

After that Yuri leaned forward and give Jessica a smooch in the lips. short and quick enough to make Jessica's heart to shake. 

Jessica was taken aback, she was not ready.


"I missed you so so much.." Yuri said and lean for a kiss again and this time Jessica kissed her back, slowly and passionately.
---
In the street of California, there is a guard that is doing his duty to secure every tenants safety in their home, he was paid to it and he was doing it's best. He knows that he didn't finished school to achieve his own dream and being a guard is far away from his expectation but somewhat this is more descent more than to steal and give it to his family. at least, he was working hard right? 


The man, was new, he was sitting in his table, drinking his coffee so he will not fall asleep at this hour. his eyes is widely open looking around from any suspicious people. he shrug off any haunted in his mind cause he don't believe in any superstitious belief. but why does he feel someone is right beside him? 


"excuse me.." His uniform being tug. he heard many scary stories from the guards but he ignored it. He was not afraid, he believe in Jesus and he knows that good is more powerful than the bad. 


"Mister.. excuse me." Yes. no ghost. Turning to his side, the guard look down to a very cute girl. she observe the kid first if it's a ghost or not before he entertain her cause he don't want to look stupid if someone will saw him talking to no one.


"Yes?"


"Can I borrow your phone for a moment? my mom was missing. I want to call her." The little girl used his puppy eyes at the guard "I promise not to steal your phone mister.. I will going to stand here right by your side." She added in straight English. well, Jessica taught her and his grandpa too.


The guard give in, he can't resist the cute kid so he gave him his phone, he asked if she knows the number of his mommy before he handed the phone to her. The girl nod her head and slowly accept it.

 The guard could only looked at the kid, tapping the number of her mommy through his phone. he watched in amusement cause kids now a days are expert to gadgets while when he was at her age he was just playing sand castle at the box of sand in the park. 


The guard resume his duty, it looks like the kid is telling the truth and harmless so he let him talked there.
--
The two couple broke the kiss when Jessica's phone vibrate in the table. She reached for her cellphone and furrowed her eyebrows.


"Who's that?"


"I don't know. must be an emergency." Jessica answered it, still sitting in Yuri's hospital bed. she don't need to go out to answered it cause the way Yuri hold her is very comfortable.


"Hello?"


"Mommy.." 


Jessica widened her eyes! Indeed  an emergency..  she pulled away to check the number before put it back into her ear.

 she knows that voice, it's her daughter's voice she's not mistaken.


"Mina?" how on earth?


"Mommy. where are you? you left me here mommy.. where are you?? I'm scared please comeback here mommy. I promise I'll behave for now on."

The little girl behind the phones, she was rubbing her eyes for her tears not to spilled in her eyes.


"okay okay.. I'll be right there.. stay where you are.." Jessica stopped talking and tilt her head in the side "Where are you anyway? and who's phone you're using to call me?"


"I'm here at the apartment. I borrowed Mister Guard's phone for a moment."


"You're out of the house?! Oh my god! Mina. I'll be right there." 


"Faster. mommy."

 

*Beep*


"You left our daughter alone?!" Yuri exclaimed, she overheard their conversation and she was also shocked to hear that it's her daughter Jessica's was talking too.


"I'll explain later. be right back okay?" Jessica steal a quick peck on Yuri's lips and ran out. she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter