Tender and Love

Days on an Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the next Day, Jessica was seen holding a medicine on her right hand and a glass of water on her left. She walked through the bedroom door and was greeted by Yuri that is coughing while talking to the phone. Jessica grimace after hearing the way she cough


"I'll ask Jessica, Sir" she sigh "Dad. Yes, Dad. Thank you. bye." After the phone end, Yuri began to cough so hard.


"See what I told you, Yuri? That's result of your being a hard headed" She handed the glass of water to her and took one medicine.


They got home from the ramen restaurant and mall to buy some needs for Yuri when Jessica noticed that she began coughing while going home.

She pressed her hand in Yuri's forehead and was surprised by her temperature. her eyes is also teary and had a cold.


Upon hearing what Jessica said, Yuri choose not to answer her. She just climb on the bed and wrap her body in the blanket, snuggling her head in the pillow and sigh in  satisfaction. she was not feeling well and her head is throbbing badly and hurts.

she fell asleep as soon the medicine punched her.


"Sleep tight, babe." Jessica kissed her cheek then go out in the room.
---


Jessica


As soon I step out of the bedroom. My daughter came running towards me asking to lift her up, Aigoo she was too old for this. the last time I checked she was just a toddler and now she was already a grown up kid and can stand on her own as her bones grow stronger and bolder. 


"Mommy! Is Umma okay?" That dork, She got sick so we have to visit Sunny until she got better.


"She's okay, Don't worry about her." 


"Okay!" She is cute. I can't help to kissed her cheeks.

She is the greatest gift happened to me.


I remember when I was a hard time releasing her. the first cries I heard when she came out of me. I can't help but to cry too. When I first held her in my arm and clutched my finger in her little hands. my emotion is over flowing in happiness. when I stare at her face, I know she can't see me clearly because baby have a difficulties in staring things when it came out but for me, I saw how her little eyes winked at me. 


"Sica, She's beautiful."


I heard Yuri said beside me, she shed tears and immediately wipe away. she also smiled at Her and talked introducing that she is the umma and I was the mommy even though Mina have no idea what she's talking about but my seobang don't care at all. 


"She is." I said and tap my daughter's nose.


You know the feeling of holding a million dollar in your hand? it was so precious and overwhelming.


I put my daughter back in the floor and she came running back into the leaving room, playing on her own toys. Now she is ready to have a baby brother when she asked for one at me. It hit me big that me and Yuri are growing old.


Maybe Yuri and me are growing old but our love are not.


I sat in the couch where the TV is being switch on in a cartoon show with no one is watching. Mina is sitting in front and playing her toys she said she wants to watch a TV then what is she doing? busy on her toys.


I lower the volume down and phoned my dad. informing him on when will we go back in LA. he's been bugging about that quite while. 


"Dad."


"Hey, Honey."


"Grandpa!"

Mina let go of her toys and run towards me, climbing in my lap trying to snatched my phone away. augh!


"Is that Mina?"

I heard my father said in the speaker as Mina continue to snatched it.


"Yes. dad." I look at her "Mina, Behave."


"Ah! Mommy let me talk to grandpa!"

My shirt was already crumpled because of her grip. I had to hold her back for support so she won't fall. I still can't afford seeing my daughter had a bump in her head.

 I heard my dad laugh, Mina was already closed to tantrum. Sighing, I surrender, my phone at her.


"Here. talk to him"

She stopped, Thank god. She was sitting on my lap and start to talk to my dad while I was just listening to their conversation, lips pressed.

 This is why my daughter is spoilt because she knows how to catch my dad's weak spot. 
she transfered sitting beside me and continue the talk.


"Yes grandpa, I miss you too."


"Mommy said we will going to go there after we visit Auntie sunny."


"Okay! Bye grandpa. I love you too." 


She handed me back my phone and attended to continue her cut off play in the carpet.


"Dad."


"Sooyeon, about Mina said, Is that true?"


"Yes, Dad."


"Really? You will going to have another baby again?" I can say he was happy. he's been waiting for this to come.


"Yes. I already talked to Yuri."


"that's good. Be here soon, okay? See you soon."


"See you dad. bye."
---
Dinner came, I put the food in the tray along with medicine and a glass of water. carrying it, I passed by my daughter that is also ravishing the fried chicken in her plate. It's a good sign that her appetite came back, compared before. 


Twisting the door slowly, I peek inside to check on her. It was dark but I can see a lump in bed, when I confirmed she was still sleeping I entered my self fully inside, kicking the door lightly to closed it.


Yuri was sleeping peacefully, she looks like a kid. only her head is all I saw and her long eyelashes when I go to the side and got a chance to stared in her side profile when I put the tray down in the table. I can say that she is really in deep sleep but sorry to cut your dreams honey, you need to eat.


bending slightly, I tap her to wake up. it was not long when her eyes flutter open and looked at me.


"Am I in heaven?"

She said sitting up in the bed, her eyes is weary and trying to keep that open, her voice became more huskier because of her cough and cold making more y. even if she's sick she still put a blush on my cheeks. Oh Yuri! Your sugary words again. 


I switch on the light, making her right eye closed shortly then open it again, her grin became wide and I know why, she saw me blushed! I hate it.

I also noticed that she already got change with MY clothes, yes MY cause it's really MINE compared to her casual clothes that it's HERs. clearing my throat, I faced her.


"Stop messing around, I came here to give you your dinner and my I ask to you why are you wearing my clothes? we bought clothes for you earlier."

I said, looking at the pink shirt and my pony pajama. I mean, I have no issue on that because I usually wear her clothes too but my clothes is small compared to her especially the pajama she's wearing, the shirt is in her size but my pajama? Nope, Yuri is taller than me if you know what I mean.


"c'mon, I'm too tired to unwrap the plastic so I just grab whatever is my taste in the closet."


"Whatever. Eat up then drink your medicine afterwards."


"Aww.. so sweet. feed me then." Seriously?


"You're not disable you can eat on your own."


"Please wifey? hmm?" Oh my god. I have a big baby to take care off. keeping a straight face, I positioned the spoon in front of . Watching how it opened and closed before she munch the food the swallow it down. I repeat what I do for about an hour and I guess she likes it, it did caught me the way she stared and smiled at me. I find it weird cause it's my first time Yuri did that.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter