Lesson 2

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 2 - 

 

As I walked out of class I tried so hard not to look back, but it became impossible, and I glanced over my shoulder. There she stood, in her little blue dress, separating papers and stapling them together. She looked so innocent, although I knew she wasn't, and Jonghyun grabbed my arm slightly.

"C'mon, I know she's pretty, you'll see her tomorrow," he was laughing to himself as he pulled me out of the doorway, and I was praying that Mrs. Jung didn't hear his comment.

I blushed as we walked towards what I guessed was the cafeteria, and I was praying the school lunch was going to be worth it. I stayed quiet, mostly because I wasn't so sure what to say, I mean I just met the guy, but he was very accepting and open minded to new people.

And I was glad I had that kind of luck, because I wasn't used to it.

Finally we made it into the cafeteria, and it wasn't what I imagined it to be. It was actually better. Guess you could say I had low expectations. The walls were a light blue, not the dreary blue or gray you always saw in the movies. The floor was clean, as if they had just put in new flooring, because a cafeteria floor never ever looked this good after a couple of years.

The tables were clean, polished, and the trays were different colors, but they were clean, and new. Jonghyun must've noticed my eyes averting to the different things because he spoke, "The school got an amazing grant this summer, and they finally made this school decent."

I smiled, he must've been coming here his entire Highschool career because he spoke like it had been centuries since he saw a new cafeteria.

We made small talk in the lunch line as we waited, and I really started to warm up to him. He wasn't like most people I met, he was nice, but selfless, considerate, but funny, and not a push over.

He proved that when someone tried to cut us in line.

I broke the 50,000 won bill and figured I would run to the grocery store after school because I needed some things. I grabbed my tray, seeing the serving of fries, a burger, a bottle of water, a cup of fruit, and a brownie.

If only all school's lunches actually looked this appetizing.

I was excited, and as we made our way to an empty table my stomach rumbled, Jonghyun looked at me, "Tame that thing!"

He was referring to my stomach, and I couldn't blame him for making jokes because he didn't know I was poor. He didn't know my life, and that I was struggling to find food to eat. 

He didn't know this might be my only meal for the day.

We sat, and I immediately dug in, trying to pace myself to make the meal last a lot longer. Jonghyun studied me, "You don't speak much."

I shrugged, "I don't have much to say."

He leaned his head on his hand, nibbling on a fry as he studied me further, "But you seem different, interesting..."

I smiled, "Glad you think that."

He winked, "I'm not trying to flirt by the way...at least not on the first day."

I laughed to myself, "It's fine."

He must've noticed my unease, and he finally spit it out, "Ok so are you lesbian? Biual? Just curious?"

I looked at him, I had never been asked straight up like that, ever. In a way I liked it, and I respected his courage, and he was lucky I wasn't a spit-fire kind of girl, because this could've turned out bad.

I met his light brown eyes that were searching for an answer, "Yes, I would say I'm a lesbian."

He pondered the thought, taking a bite of his burger and squinting, as if trying to figure out what was going on inside my head. "You say it like you're unsure..."

I shrugged, "I don't know...I mean I know what I am and what I like...I just never had someone who was so straight forward about it."

He smiled, "Well, I don't want to make a fool out of myself trying to get with you if I don't have a single chance."

I smirked, shaking my head at the thought of him actually trying to flirt with me. I always thought it was funny when guys tried, but I knew it wasn't their fault. Like I said, I didn't look like a lesbian, so they always thought I liked guys, but I really didn't.

I just didn't find myself attracted to them.

"Mrs. Jung?"

I rolled my eyes, "Jonghyun, she's pretty. I was more overwhelmed with the fact that she looked like a student. I'm not obsessed."

He smiled, laughing and I didn't understand why he was laughing at me.

I frowned, "Why are you laughing?"

He shrugged, "I don't know...I mean you remind me of myself because when I first found out she was my teacher, I had wet dreams about it for like, three weeks."

I punched him in the arm, feeling like this conversation was going to be a little to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter