Lesson 10

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 10 -

 

MRS. JUNG's POV

As I stood in front of Taeyeon with my hand out waiting for her to hand over the letter that her and Jonghyun were giggling about, I became annoyed. Then I looked at her face, and she was as white as a ghost, and I suddenly felt bad.

Her skinny figure looking so vulnerable up at me, I didn't want to take the note suddenly. There was something she didn't want me to see, and I hated to invade her privacy...but I couldn't break in front of the class.

So I continued to put up the strict teacher front, but looking into her terrified eyes I could tell she was heartbroken.

I took the paper along with her folder, and the bell rang, dismissing the class. I turned my back to Taeyeon as I walked to my desk, pretending to be angry as the kids emptied the classroom.

I didn't want to read the letter, I didn't want to invade whatever private thoughts she had put into that letter. She obviously didn't want me to read it, because she almost refused to hand it over to me. I sat there at my desk, the letter mocking me silently as I just sat there.

Then I realized she and Jonghyun were still in my room.

I spoke in a strict and demanding tone, "Miss Kim, I suggest you and Mr. Jonghyun go to lunch before you both end up with detention."

Her face fell more, and I felt a pang of regret in my chest, but I couldn't let her see that I felt bad. She and Jonghyun weren't going to walk all over me, not in my class. I was their teacher, not their friend...or at least I tried to act that way.

Jonghyun got away with a lot in my class, and now that Taeyeon is here, he's been acting up even more. I didn't know if it was because he was showing off, or if he liked her...my bet was he did like her. I mean who couldn't? She was adorable.

Gosh did I really just think that?

I glanced over to the letter, and I knew I should just throw it away. Leave it behind the both of us, but I couldn't.

I wanted to read it so bad.

Taeyeon was a smart girl, her reflection on the poem we had did the other day amazed me. The poem wasn't self explanatory to the average human being, you had to have a nice vocabulary to decipher it, and her analysis was right on.

So I knew this letter was going to be well written.

But I just couldn't bring myself to read it.

 

______

 

I was on my way to the library to return my "Pride and Prejudice" book, and I wanted to see Taeyeon. At least apologize for acting so mean to her in front of the class. She didn't deserve it, although she and Jonghyun really did piss me off.

This Monday had really drug on, and I still had to read my Third hour's papers to start my lesson plan for tomorrow.

I was going to have a long night.

I thought back to Taeyeon who had joined me this morning on the way to school, and I wanted to bring her everyday. I knew I couldn't, because we would get caught and get in trouble, but her walking to school everyday wasn't okay with me.

It wasn't safe.

Sure, this town hadn't had anything bad happen in it in awhile...but I was still worried. I knew this world we lived in was crazy, and Taeyeon wasn't protected properly on the street.

I drove up to the library, feeling my heart pick up at the thought of seeing Taeyeon. I knew this wasn't normal, I shouldn't be feeling like this about one of my students...but I couldn't help it. The thought of her onyx eyes haunted me...and I exhaled a deep breath.

I was nervous.

I got out of my car, and as I walked toward the library I saw her at the counter, talking to...Tiffany?

Taeyeon was smiling, and I hadn't seen her smile like that since she was in the car with me this morning. She had the most beautiful smile. I wished I saw it more. Her perfect teeth, they were so white and straight. Her lips parted when she smiled, and a tiny gap between her bottom and top row of teeth showed.

Her lips were pink, they were full, but no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter