Lesson 26

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 26 -

 

MRS. JUNG'S POV

 

I hated myself for hurting Taeyeon like that, and ever since it happened, I couldn't get my mind off of it. I missed her. And if I wanted to find her, I knew where to go...I just couldn't. I thought about the kiss. It made my heart hammer inside my chest every time I thought about it, the way she kissed me...

 

I haven't been kissed like that since my sophomore year in college, the first time I actually fell in love with a girl. I never thought I would ever feel that again.

 

Then Taeyeon came along.

 

It was hard. I hated thinking about one of my students like that...but in a way, I loved it. At least I could see her everyday and talk to her when I needed...

 

Our relationship had been great the first month...and then I had to lead her on by going over to her house. I didn't blame her for kissing me. I had given her all the accepting signs for her to do so. Now the kiss in my room...well, that was different, although it was still partially my fault.

 

I didn't know what to do with her but I also didn't know what to do with myself. I had never been in this situation, and I couldn't understand...

 

When I had my first year of teaching, I didn't find any of my students attracted to me. There were plenty of girls that could've grabbed my attention but none of them did...it was just Taeyeon.

 

But why?

 

Sure she was adorable and mature, but there was just something so mysterious about her... She was so gentle and kind, sweet, innocent, and everything about her attracted me. I just couldn't get my mind to accept what my heart already had.

 

But I knew my mind was right in this situation, not my heart.

 

----

 

Tyler had gotten home and I had yet to speak to him because her was in the shower, but I wasn't really looking forward to it. I didn't know what to expect. Every other day I 've seen him, he's been on the edge and tortured with stress from work.

 

I was laying in bed, reading a book I had picked up out of the library when he walked into the room. He was dressed in pajama slacks and no shirt. Now, even though I knew I wasn't supposed to like men and their attributes, but Tyler was a looker.

 

His abs were defined, looking like he had been working out everyday for the last ten years. His dark hair was damp, giving him a boyish look as he climbed into bed with me. He was facing me, his arm tucked firmly under his pillow as he stared at me.

 

I looked at him from under my reading glasses, "Yes?"

 

He smiled and threw his arm around me, pulling me into his warm body and kissing my temple, "I need to apologize to you...and I'm just so incredibly sorry for being the way I was this past month. I was stressed, majorly stressed, and now that the plan had taken off at work...all I have to do is promote it."

 

His words were sincere, but my memory flashed back to the night he grabbed me...and that scared me a lot. I looked at him, "I don't blame you for being stressed, Tyler."

 

He smiled and it was times like these when I wished I loved him, and my heart hurt at the thought of hurting him... because I knew this was a lie. The warmth that wrapped around him and I, nothing about it screamed husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, and that's what saddened me.

 

The feelings I had for Tyler were mutual, and just really friendly...and I hated doing this to him.

 

He whispered, "I love you."

 

The words stopped me in my tracks, and I knew I needed to say it back. If I didn't, it would make him question me and I couldn't have that. I couldn't have him asking me what was wrong because there was a lot wrong...and I couldn't let him see. I smiled, "I love you too."

 

"You promise?"

 

I clenched my jaw, trying not to give away the fact that this was tearing me apart on the inside. Tyler and I had been bestfriends for years...and lying to him like this, well, it tor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter