Lesson 4

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 4 - 

 

The rest of my Friday consisted of going to work, and I had to be honest, it felt so good to say that. I would have to sort out the books, help her order new ones, sort them, sticker them, register them, and I even learned how to issue a library card.

I even got one of my own.

It was a dull Friday, and I had come in at 9:00 in the morning Friday, only staying till 12:00 because the library closed early on Saturdays.

I was also off on Sundays.

I really couldn't complain about this job, it was just so lenient.

I would get paid every Friday, and I was so excited about it. I had averaged my pay check in my head and I would make about 14,000 to 14,600 won a week, with all the tax cut out and junk.

More than enough to buy groceries and save up.

My life was starting to look up for the first time in years, and I liked it. I liked the brand new feel, I liked the freedom I had, even though I didn't like the fact that I constantly worried about my mother.

If something happened to her, I would be put in a home, no matter what I wanted.

It would be a state law, and I had no say so on where I went because I wasn't 18 yet.

It was the beginning of September, and my birthday was in March, the 9th to be exact. So I had 7 months till I was an adult, seven months until I would be able to do what I wanted without having to live in fear of being taken away.

I was currently on my way to third hour, it was Monday morning, and since Mrs. Jung became all mean and teachery on Friday, I hadn't been wanting to come back to this class. She was tiny, and she was pretty, but she wasn't afraid to have it out on you, and I was afraid to be that person.

Like I had guessed Thursday night we had taken a test on the notes, and even though I was offered the chance not to take it, I took it anyway.

I wanted to impress Mrs. Jung, and this was how I was going to do it.

I walked into class, searching for her and seeing her at her desk, looking at papers. She had on a pair of reading glasses and I smiled.

She was too damn cute with those things on.

I made my way to my desk, and I sat, praying that Jonghyun wasn't going to be late to this class. He should've learned his lesson, but to be honest, I think he did it on purpose sometimes. He liked her attention on him, even if it was negative.

I sat back in my desk, watching the door, and eventually seeing Jonghyun walk through the door. He beat the bell by a long run, and he smiled as he sat next to me, "Hey."

I smiled, inviting him into class, "Hi, you ran to class?"

He smirked, "Yeah, I wasn't in the mood to get ed at."

I giggled, and the bell rang, and Mrs. Jung slowly got up from her desk, papers in hand. I knew those were our test, and I was eager to get mine back. I was praying it was good, because if it wasn't then I was going to be majorly embarrassed.

"I graded the tests over the weekend and the majority of you did well. Some of you...not so well."

This made me uneasy, and I felt my feet tapping nervously on the ground. Jonghyun spoke, "Why'd you take it if you were unsure?"

I shrugged, "I figured it would be easy."

Mrs. Jung passed me, and I caught a whiff of her perfume, and it was intoxicating. She was so inviting, and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter