Lesson 17

Dear Mrs. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- 17 - 

 

MRS. JUNG's POV

Me and Tyler arrived home Sunday night and he could tell something was off about my mood, but I figured he didn't care enough to ask. I was glad he didn't though, because confessing that I was having second thoughts about marrying him...well it was an if-y subject.

And I was scared of his reaction.

Tyler had never hit me, he was never stupid enough, but we have gotten into yelling matches quite a few times. I figured it was because we didn't really love each other, because everything we did annoyed the other.

But maybe that wasn't the case.

Maybe he was hiding something from me, and in a way it pained me, knowing that he would lie to me after all this time. Then on the other hand, I found myself being oddly okay with it because I was also having inappropriate thoughts.

About one of my students.

We were best friends, and maybe this thing with Taeyeon was just a new infatuation. Maybe it was something that I should just overlook because it might just wear off with time. She was a new face.

An interesting, beautiful, brilliant new face.

She held such a mysterious question about her, and I found myself wanting to know every little detail about her life. I wanted to know her likes, her dislikes, her past, her feelings, emotions, thoughts.

But why?

What was so different about her?

Tyler was sitting at the bar, silently sipping on a drink he had made him. The brown liquid slid down his throat, he had been drinking that since we had gotten home from the park. Then his eyes caught mine suddenly, and he spoke, "What, Jessica?"

It was demanding, and it intimidated me a little, I shook my head, "Nothing?"

He stood, setting his drink down on the bar, he looked at me, "You have that look."

I walked past him, trying to seem calm and collected, but he wasn't in his right mind right now. I scrubbed a dish in the sink, "I don't have a look."

He shook his head, "When you look at me like that it really pisses me off."

I felt my heart pick up inside my chest, and pissing him off was the last thing I wanted to do. I looked at him, "I'm sorry Tyler."

He walked over to me, I could smell the alcohol on his breath, and his hand found my neck. I was scared, I didn't want him to try anything on me, I couldn't defend myself against him if he did.

He clenched his hard jaw, "You don't love me, do you?"

I looked away from him, I couldn't look him in the eye to deny it, and I swallowed, "Tyler...you're drunk."

He grabbed my wrist, and I felt the ache from his grip. It was tight, and I flinched at his touch, "Just say it."

I yanked my arm away from his grip, and his eyes fell, and I knew he felt bad. I practically ran to my room, locking the door behind me.

And I didn't hear him for the rest of the night.

 

________

 

I woke up, feeling a little startled because I don't remember going to sleep. I glanced at my clock, realizing it was already 7:00 in the morning.

I was late.

I felt groggy, and my eyes were puffy from the crying I had done last night. I picked up my phone, calling school, and the front desk answering.

"Hello?"

I sighed, "Hey it's Jessica. I'm going to need a sub for my class, I feel like crap."

"Okay Jessica, hope you feel better."

I hung up, and I stayed in bed, not wanting to get up. I didn't want to see Tyler. I didn't want to see anyone. I just wanted to stay in bed and sulk, because I was feeling like .

I looked down at my wrist, seeing the bruised skin that formed blue finger marks. I was so mad at him, and I knew I couldn't talk to anyone ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter